VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
7m

Also, with the caveat that we do not know the context of the gesture: Maxwell’s attorneys Laura Menninger and Bobbi Sternheim could be seen giving each other a high-five in court—before the brief conference to discuss plans for Thursday.

This gesture fell right before it became increasingly clear deliberations would stretch into Week Two, after the holidays.
Aw.Bless their hearts. Two sistahs comfortable signing off for the Christmas break. High fives all around! I am sure their hearts are in tune with their sister client in jail. MOO.

Still not letting go of my rant:

This is a Federal case about crimes committed against young women and children by the powerful and rich.

It seems not many folks care about this case. I have seen smirks on faces of people when Maxwell and her victims are mentioned. When I hear or read people say, "Maxwell will just get a slap on the wrist", it infuriates me. Lives are destroyed by people like her and her depraved sex buddies.

When the jury reaches its verdict, I worry about the message it will send.

Be the right message because it'll be the right verdict.

Think of how it would have been for those girls without GM around at all?

She made all the difference. She was JE's honey pot, drawing girls to him.

upload_2021-12-22_21-38-56.png

Ghislaine was a spoilt daddy's girl drawn to powerful men - now she's in jail

Just reading that she was laughing somewhere in the court room? No link as I am too distracted, at the moment.
How dare her? I find her, her family, and her legal team so arrogant. Insulted by their closing argument, insulted that she had the moxie to sketch the court artist as the court artist sketched her, insulted that her family stared down everyone on the witness stand. Who do they think they are? IMO, they think they are people of power. No use for the little people, you and me, and Juan who worked for them. The Juan that they called John. The little man that took care of all their needs. Told to never make eye contact. Never ask questions. Just get the job done. Keep the gas level on the car never less than 3 quarters of a tank. Never let the tissue boxes be 1/3 until filled. On and on and on. The defense would have us believe this is normal for the wealthy. No eye contact, no questions, NDA's. Maybe so? But most wealthy people are not sexual predators. Epstein and Maxwell were. MOO.

Maxwell and her family have no cause to be treated like wealthy, arrogant, entitled people. Their dad was a criminal who died facing serious criminal and other legal charges. They were left with nothing. Like father, like sons, both brothers went into shady careers.

The fallout from Maxwell’s death left his family’s reputation in tatters. It also landed two of his sons, Ian and Kevin, in the dock, where they successfully defended themselves in 1996 against fraud charges arising from their roles in his companies.

The murky life and death of Robert Maxwell – and how it shaped his daughter Ghislaine

Common criminals who couldn't figure out how to make a living on their own.

Maxwell and her family have no cause to be treated like wealthy, arrogant, entitled people. Their dad was a criminal who died facing serious criminal and other legal charges. They were left with nothing. Like father, like sons, both brothers went into shady careers.

The murky life and death of Robert Maxwell – and how it shaped his daughter Ghislaine

Common criminals who couldn't figure out how to make a living on their own.
Well...it's worked for her thus far, with the exception of being "indisposed" in the *slammer* at the moment. How very annoying for our poor Ms. M.

Of course she is going to act entitled and outraged by all of this. It's posturing. There is a great deal of theater during major trials with high stakes. We need only to remember the O.J. circus to validate that statement.

Let me put on my "Carnac the magnificent" turban for a moment, and predict her outcome: A token sentence, early release for being a model prisoner, a memoir, a movie deal, and of course plushy south of france chateau living, courtesy of who knows who. Perhaps a couture fashion line...
I'm being intentionally outrageous in my comments to emphasize that the cat (Ms. M), will indeed end up lapping up the cream again in relatively short order, I suspect.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I hope all the posters predicting token sentences are wrong. I draw some comfort from the fact that she has been held without bail for so long, in spite of external agents working on her behalf to have her released. I don't see any happy ever after life for her post prison, whenever that may be. Most people, if not everyone, will believe that she had procured minors on behalf of JE, and abused these. That is a totally socially unacceptable crime. There may be, as speculated, rich and powerful people who may have been involved with the abuse, but they are hardly going to welcome her back. I think she did everything she has been tried for, and probably much more, and will be overjoyed if she is found guilty and they throw away the key. I think she did it to "keep" JE in her life. She made herself indispensible to him, to his sordid lifestyle. Because she is weak. It really disgusts me.

I hope all the posters predicting token sentences are wrong. I draw some comfort from the fact that she has been held without bail for so long, in spite of external agents working on her behalf to have her released. I don't see any happy ever after life for her post prison, whenever that may be. Most people, if not everyone, will believe that she had procured minors on behalf of JE, and abused these. That is a totally socially unacceptable crime. There may be, as speculated, rich and powerful people who may have been involved with the abuse, but they are hardly going to welcome her back. I think she did everything she has been tried for, and probably much more, and will be overjoyed if she is found guilty and they throw away the key. I think she did it to "keep" JE in her life. She made herself indispensible to him, to his sordid lifestyle. Because she is weak. It really disgusts me.

I hope you are right.
I am worried, as I thought, we would have a guilty verdict, very quickly, and now with this delay, it appears, the Jurors cannot decide.
Yuk.:(

These have always been my thoughts @minusfour , but also have to add that not only was she weak, but utterly selfish. She grew up with everything handed to her at her whim, only to be stopped when her father died and all of his sordid life was unraveled to the public. She needed to find a new way to try to regain that life she grew up with and met Epstein, who in turn wanted her entry to the wealthy powerful. She enabled, procured, and participated in this very sick life at the cost of so many young vulnerable young girls who will forever carry these memories that continually affect their lives to this very day and probably always will.

I also don’t believe those wealthy powerful would welcome her back, but rather distance themselves and avoid her like the plague…they have too much to loose and fear any future repercussions whether it be criminal or financial.

moo

Is it me?

After scanning different news articles on this case and seeing the different pictures of GM & JE together I don’t see the same affection from JE that I see in GM. Her face is lit up being with him, like she is infatuated with him. Yet in the same pictures he looks as if he could care less.

Jmo

Is it me?

After scanning different news articles on this case and seeing the different pictures of GM & JE together I don’t see the same affection from JE that I see in GM. Her face is lit up being with him, like she is infatuated with him. Yet in the same pictures he looks as if he could care less.

Jmo
Yes, I saw that as well. Given his alleged involvement with women and children, it would seem they were nothing more than an object, something to be used. Given her longevity in his circle, perhaps Ms. G was particularly useful to him. Such an ugly case, with the lives of so many young women scarred forever.

What do we learn from this trial? The world will always have JE's unfortunately. I think the answer is to continue to rewrite the narrative for young women, and teach them their value and worth (like a man's) is more than just their bodies. This is not an easy task, given what we see promoted in the media today.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is it me?

Jmo
I see the exact same thing.

Is it me?

Jmo
It's not just you. I see those photo's the same way. JE looking at the camera and GM looking like a starry eyed school girl at JE. Yuck! I guess she was too old for him.

More than a hundred women have said they were abused by Jeffrey Epstein, but only four of them were called by prosecutors to testify in the sex-trafficking trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, his alleged right-hand woman.

It’s a decision that lawyers who have represented some of those other women question.

“They had a mountain of evidence that they could have brought,” said Adam Horowitz, who previously represented several Epstein victims. The prosecution “had a very difficult burden and didn’t seem to put on as much evidence forward as I thought they would have.”

“I imagine they decided to put forward a very focused case, a very simple case,” he said. “If they were to bring in too many victim witnesses, it might give the defense counsel too much ammunition” to confuse and complicate the stories of victim witnesses.

The defense “wants us to believe, without proof, that civil lawyers manipulated the victims’ memories, or that victims’ failure to go after Maxwell years ago means they are lying now,” Lisa Bloom said. “We don’t believe the jury will buy these lies and myths.”

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Last edited:
Still not letting go of my rant:

This is a Federal case about crimes committed against young women and children by the powerful and rich.

It seems not many folks care about this case. I have seen smirks on faces of people when Maxwell and her victims are mentioned. When I hear or read people say, "Maxwell will just get a slap on the wrist", it infuriates me. Lives are destroyed by people like her and her depraved sex buddies.

When the jury reaches its verdict, I worry about the message it will send.

I think it's possible what you're seeing (the reactions of folks when Maxwell and her victims are mentioned) is that us regular folks know that the wealthy, well-connected, utterly depraved perverts in this world, seem to play by a different set of rules, than the rest of us. Most folks I've spoken to have the same sort of reaction, that she's well connected enough that somehow, that will prevent her from facing the same harsh punishment that anyone else would.

It infuriates me too, and I hope the jury in this case brings back genuine justice.

jmo

The pictures of her with JE, every single one, Madame Maxwell looks absolutely besotted. I think his wish was her command and goal. I think, even while he may have dated other adult women, the relationship with her was always ongoing, and she would be accepting of him dating around, a dealbreaker for most long term relationships, as long as he came back to her in the end. I think she enjoyed what she did, lining up the minors or very young, barely legally adult, women for him. She was good at it, after all. I think she was proud of what she did and was able to do for JE.

That bit she wrote, about how they were rarely apart,and the best of friends and how wonderful they were! Ew. A scary, blunt look into her soul. She was very very focused on how fabulous they were.

All MOO

I think it's possible what you're seeing (the reactions of folks when Maxwell and her victims are mentioned) is that us regular folks know that the wealthy, well-connected, utterly depraved perverts in this world, seem to play by a different set of rules, than the rest of us. Most folks I've spoken to have the same sort of reaction, that she's well connected enough that somehow, that will prevent her from facing the same harsh punishment that anyone else would.

It infuriates me too, and I hope the jury in this case brings back genuine justice.

jmo

I'm being optimistic until I have reason not to be, with the same concerns. I thought the case was very straightforward and there really was no defense to speak of, imo. So, Optimistic!

More than a hundred women have said they were abused by Jeffrey Epstein, but only four of them were called by prosecutors to testify in the sex-trafficking trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, his alleged right-hand woman.

It’s a decision that lawyers who have represented some of those other women question.

“They had a mountain of evidence that they could have brought,” said Adam Horowitz, who previously represented several Epstein victims. The prosecution “had a very difficult burden and didn’t seem to put on as much evidence forward as I thought they would have.”

“I imagine they decided to put forward a very focused case, a very simple case,” he said. “If they were to bring in too many victim witnesses, it might give the defense counsel too much ammunition” to confuse and complicate the stories of victim witnesses.

The defense “wants us to believe, without proof, that civil lawyers manipulated the victims’ memories, or that victims’ failure to go after Maxwell years ago means they are lying now,” Lisa Bloom said. “We don’t believe the jury will buy these lies and myths.”

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
This gives me a greater understanding of why some posters feel she will get a light sentence or be acquitted. I do respect their input.
MOO.

No verdict? Bummer, at least it will give us something to look forward to after Christmas! "Ms Maxwell" will be spending Christmas alone in her prison cell, no doubt sweating over the verdict and her future, and perhaps considering her past.

The biggest thing I can not understand is why, with all her money and holding a French passport, why did she stay in the USA after Epsteins's "suicide"? It was only a matter of time before she was found and arrested. She could have flown to Paris, France where she could never be extradited to the USA. Yet she chose to stay here. And now she is rotting in jail! Astounding!

My guess is the jury will be deadlocked. The jury is not sequestered. It would be a quite possible for someone with unlimited resources to have private detectives stake out the courthouse and follow the jury members home. After conducting background searches on the jury, then offer $1 million in cash to the one with the most financial problems in return for an "innocent" verdict. I would be so surprised to see her convicted.

All this is just my opinion only!

The biggest thing I can not understand is why, with all her money and holding a French passport, why did she stay in the USA after Epsteins's "suicide"? It was only a matter of time before she was found and arrested. She could have flown to Paris, France where she could never be extradited to the USA. Yet she chose to stay here. And now she is rotting in jail! Astounding!

My guess is the jury will be deadlocked. The jury is not sequestered. It would be a quite possible for someone with unlimited resources to have private detectives stake out the courthouse and follow the jury members home. After conducting background searches on the jury, then offer $1 million in cash to the one with the most financial problems in return for an "innocent" verdict. I would be so surprised to see her convicted.

All this is just my opinion only!

France would have extradited her.

No one is going to bribe a juror in this case, way too risky for the briber and the juror both risking arrest and prison, and absolutely no gain to do so. I'll be surprised if she walks.

Last edited:
France would have extradited her.

No one is going to bribe a juror in this case, way too risky for the briber and the juror both risking arrest and prison, and absolutely no gain to do so. I'll be surprised if she walks.

France could not extradite her.

"Over the last two years she could have fled to France, where she was born.

French nationals cannot be extradited to face trial in another country."
Ghislaine was a spoilt daddy's girl drawn to powerful men - now she's in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members