Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone give a very brief summary of what was mentioned on the TV program. I’ve been very intrigued about the timings of his living in quiet rural Burwash and the events going on in Belgium at that time.
I’ve always wondered as well about the Brinks-Mat robbery in 1983 and connections in that part of the country, esp Kenny Noye! 2 gangs operating on two sides of the channel at the same time. Highly sus.
Kenneth Noye lived a few roads away from my parents before the M25 murder and I happened to pass him a couple of times in his car. This was a man who wasn’t scared to show his wealth.

Yes I think earlier posts about OC connections were considered a little too fanciful…now not looking so crazy
Post in thread 'Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17'
Australia - Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

Plus John Palmer (of Brinks-Mat fame) dealt in furniture and ran a gold and jewellery business in Bristol.oh and small matter of timeshare fraud!

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered whether it was DDeH who made the bank withdrawals. As someone who worked in bank investigations for money years,it absolutely was possible for someone to impersonate another back in the 90’s.
Yes. That's my question too. Did DDeH pose as Marion? Blum had all Marion documents ID probably in the tea chests at their home.

Spotlight featured MC, She was talking about seeing him with guns, and expressed how dangerous he is. "He could kill".

I think she knows more! IMO

Ilona's aunt also said he had a gun and drove a speeding Porsche.

The Brabant gang was mentioned again. When I read about the Brabant gang, they robbed supermarkets of food, coffee, wine, etc. I wonder if that "food supply" he took to his family in Burwash was the loot?

Spotlight featured MC, She was talking about seeing him with guns, and expressed how dangerous he is. "He could kill".

I think she knows more! IMO

Ilona's aunt also said he had a gun and drove a speeding Porsche.

The Brabant gang was mentioned again. When I read about the Brabant gang, they robbed supermarkets of food, coffee, wine, etc. I wonder if that "food supply" he took to his family in Burwash was the loot?
Yes. He said he used to bring the food shopping back from Europe didn't he?.

I’ve always wondered as well about the Brinks-Mat robbery in 1983 and connections in that part of the country, esp Kenny Noye! 2 gangs operating on two sides of the channel at the same time. Highly sus.

Yes I think earlier posts about OC connections were considered a little too fanciful…now not looking so crazy
Post in thread 'Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17'
Australia - Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

Plus John Palmer (of Brinks-Mat fame) dealt in furniture and ran a gold and jewellery business in Bristol.oh and small matter of timeshare fraud!
This story of how Kenneth Noye got out of the country in 1996 always interested me

The first leg of a two-year run from justice began with a flight in Palmer’s AS355 Twin Squirrel helicopter across the Channel.
This was a regular trip, one Noye had made himself nearly 40 times, and the cargo was usually Palmer and friends, and sometimes gold or diamonds. This time, it was heading to Palmer’s French residence, Le Chateau de la Poupeliere, with its golf course set in 200 acres, in Normandy.

The pilot, a former flight instructor with the Jordanian police who trained in the Royal Navy, radioed to French immigration to ask if they wanted him to land for a customs check.

As always, they did not
M25 killer Kenneth Noye reveals how he evaded justice for so long

Interesting commentary on MPMB FB page. Law enforcement have not been keen to delve into AKA’s financial transactions since he is not living a lavish life. Outrageous that just because he appears to be a relatively unsuccessful crook, authorities aren’t interested.
I’m sure government would be very interest pension for both since the latter half of the 1980’s. How is D a carer when he spent half of his life travelling OS.. while she stated and cared for kids. Invalid didn’t need a carer then.. only in OZ on pension day!

I’m confused about something.
Did MC say in the spotlight IV that she was married at the time of meeting Aka?

And did she say on TLV IV - that she broke up with AKA when she found out he was married?

I ways thought FR and her were divorced when she was shagging AKA.. but.. she did say she was married or did I mishear?

Something is off don’t believe we have heard full truth with MC

And did she say on TLV IV - that she broke up with AKA when she found out he was married?

I ways thought FR and her were divorced when she was shagging AKA.. but.. she did say she was married or did I mishear?

Being in the UK I haven’t seen the program yet. If I had my way it would be on BBC/ITV prime time. JMO but MCs story on the podcast regarding getting her ex to meet AKA and the stolen ID card didn’t ring totally true. Her reluctance to appear at the Coroner’s inquest to possibly avoid cross-examination.

If from what I’m reading she now says AKA owned multiple firearms and was prepared to kill, did she inform the Luxembourg Police? According to her she finished the relationship because she found out he had a wife whilst listening to him in a telephone kiosk. So the guns and ability to kill weren’t an issue then?!!!

Last edited:
I have no problem with "the team" going to Luxembourg.

I do with the way that the real Fernand Remakel was approached. It was rude and offensive.
Neither do I have an issue with the Luxembourg trip- in hindsight it all worked out well, I was just taking a jab at the "investigative" part of the journalism and the fact that they link to the advert was right under their nose. But the way it all played out probably worked in their favour.

and agree on the Remarkel approcah

They (Euro LE) have Le Géant’s fingerprints, right?
I was reading about the Brabant Gang recently after seeing them on the MPMB fb page. I read a lot of true crime, so fairly toughened, but found them to be genuinely scary to read about.

Burwash would be a nice, not-too-distant little 80s nook for someone palling around w that kind of an OC group hey. A lot of work though, and risky. Easier to switch it up and fleece women instead.
If you do a search here its been discussed at length.

That case itself was filled with corruption so its still on the table for some of us.

I think it was.
Marion's friend described her as reserved repeatedly. I would also interpret this as her being a private person. Not one to rock up to a bank with a flower behind her ear announcing that she was going to Bali to "loose herself". Telling all in sundry that she was "starting a new life and wanted her whereabouts to be unknown " It would laughable if it wasn't so awful :mad:
@Liselle made a great point a couple of pages back

Yeah she withheld a lot IMO and you are correct, her recollections are incorrect.

Its always going to be a stalemate with those two.
This is her get square limelight and he can do FA about it because in doing so will incriminate him...and her...further and she knows it. And on her side, the real FR is never going to talk.

Something about the real FR and MC back in the day that will never see the light of day IMO

MC may have been married when they MET, that doesn’t mean they were still married when their affair started. You would have to look more carefully at the dates. Nevertheless, I don’t think we should be so quick to accuse MC of dishonesty when she has been brave in coming forward and has extremely little to gain from airing her dirty laundry to the world.

MC may have been married when they MET, that doesn’t mean they were still married when their affair started. You would have to look more carefully at the dates. Nevertheless, I don’t think we should be so quick to accuse MC of dishonesty when she has been brave in coming forward and has extremely little to gain from airing her dirty laundry to the world.
I don’t think there was much “dirty laundry” aired per se.
I found watching her micro expressions and hearing her tell her version if events very interesting IMOO.
Her timing and how much information she’s really offered does deserve to be considered.

If you do a search here its been discussed at length.

That case itself was filled with corruption so its still on the table for some of us.
I do always search these threads, somewhat obsessively! I have read this thread for years long before I got my own account here at WS. At times it can be hard to find everything written about a topic within any thread but in this case moreso because of the many different names used, and the different way people here will refer to them. For example, the abbreviating to DeH for Dehedervary.

In the case of the Brabant gang, I was well aware of the discussions here about it. At no point did I think I had found anything new, was just riffing on the theme since it came up last night.

Yes cut her some slack you reckon.

The same lady who when approached by TLV team and asked do you know a man named FR who lives in Australia.
MC - never heard of him

THE SAME name as her ex husband.

KNOWING full well she had a past lover, who was a " lying thieving murderer " if you take her words for him, living in Australia.

The same woman who AFTER the brave women started sharing their stories, and had no doubt seen AH take the stand at the inquest initially, finally gave up a little of her life with him by producing the ONE thing that would corner him, the letter dated August 1980. Something she saved for a rainy day perhaps?

The same woman who initially said she realised he was married when she babysat a little boy that looked EXACTLY like him ( ddeh in hospital having M around this time) and once she knew he was married called it off.

Then says she heard him on the phone talking to his wife.. . and called it off. Phone? Where? Her place, his place?

DdeH flew back into aust Jan 1981 while heavily pregnant towing a toddler, then flew back out to Lux in time to have M in the April. Probably knew about the affair and high tailed it home.

DdeH at inquest, " he promised he wouldn't be bad again".

She says she had asked her ex FR to check out AH as she was suspicious of him and they were all on good speaking terms.... she says that was when FR licence was stolen.......yet FR says he had never met AH and had no idea his wife and AH had an affair.

If she knew all this, WHY not discuss it back when TLV team first approached her..

I mean her ex husband FR and AH had businesses were just around the corner from each other!
OF COURSE FR KNEW AH!!!

No, she had her collateral- the letter.

STALEMATE

Last edited:
I do always search these threads, somewhat obsessively! I have read this thread for years long before I got my own account here at WS. At times it can be hard to find everything written about a topic within any thread but in this case moreso because of the many different names used, and the different way people here will refer to them. For example, the abbreviating to DeH for Dehedervary.

In the case of the Brabant gang, I was well aware of the discussions here about it. At no point did I think I had found anything new, was just riffing on the theme since it came up last night.
No I was just saying there are lots more info that others have found prior to save you hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member