Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think the FCs ever had a moment without being observed in the first few weeks/months?

If WT was left unfound for a good few weeks of intense searching then I'd suggest they'd think they'd gotten away with it, and returning to the site to move him would just seem risky?
To be honest Butterstick, I don’t want to think about what would be involved in moving a body after some weeks, if not under refrigeration.

I think there was very little supervision of the foster family in the first few days after William disappeared, due to it occurring in a small town where his Foster GM was a well known local identity.

I know small country towns. Unless you’re a total outcast ( and probably even IF, in a case like this) people rally - they care, they never think the worst. And we saw it - they came from everywhere & combed every inch of that place, they checked water tanks & drains, climbed in roofs and explored every nook & cranny. There were sniffer dogs ( no scent past the boundary), bush trackers found nothing - and they’ll find a flea on a stray dog !

I never believed that William wandered away, so initially I did buy into the ‘abduction’ theory.

However nothing about that rang true, despite all those in the area who were ‘named & shamed’, rightfully or wrongfully.

FM planted seeds that didn‘t reach me. More importantly, she failed to plant the ones that would’ve made her believable as a distraught ‘mother‘ who was determined to find their child.
And neither did they as a couple. That may be Me - may not be their fault, and may not make them guilty of anything. I’m just sharing my own thoughts on an awful situation.

but now things have taken a turn and are not going well for her / them.

IMO, if she’s truely innocent of any involvement, she’d do well now to stand on her balcony & shout to the world what honestly happened that day, and reclaim what personal attributes that may still be available to her.

MSM are embellishing the wording. The letter says that they "call for the disclosure of the evidence which Police suggest form the basis of any criminal proceedings".

To me it sounds like they are saying (as others have already said) "put up, or shut up".

It is Nov 2021 all over again. "We have evidence involving a sole POI which we are not going to disclose, and we are going to do this big dig ... and we are letting you all know so that you can fill your media with it".

Only now it is "we have evidence so we put it before the DPP ... the ball is in the DPP's court. Now fill your media with that".

imo
And, as I said, police don't generally just let you know all the evidence they'd be taking to trial before they've even charged you. Why would they? So you can try and argue it before you've even been charged? They'd charge you first, and then the proper, legal trial process should begin. They should have just charged her instead of doing ... whatever this is.
Dunno why this has to become a media circus every few months. Can't wait for this to also go nowhere! JMO MOO etc

I think it is possible the Police have evidence that media don’t know about …
I have also been trying to think about what that may be???
Happy to speculate if any one interested ???

However, I don’t think any “recordings“ of the NSWCC Hearings can be used against the FM …. Not sure if that is what you meant??
Police could use their own taped interview evidence … if there are discrepancies …

IMO
Perhaps that red cloth that was dug up, turned out to be the one she wore the night before? Playing speculation game…

And, as I said, police don't generally just let you know all the evidence they'd be taking to trial before they've even charged you. Why would they? So you can try and argue it before you've even been charged? They'd charge you first, and then the proper, legal trial process should begin. They should have just charged her instead of doing ... whatever this is.
Dunno why this has to become a media circus every few months. Can't wait for this to also go nowhere! JMO MOO etc

Yes, I am pretty sure her lawyer would know that.

What I meant by put up or shut up is ... it is lawyer-speak for charge her, or quit creating these media circuses.

imo

Conversely, FM has not moved away, has not refused to answer questions, has not made it difficult for authorities to access her if needed.

I hate to see another Kathleen Folbigg, another Lindy Chamberlain. Just because these women try to defend themselves and don't live up to the stereotype of what they "should" be doing, in other people's opinion.
100% SA. No way do I advocate a Stitch-Up of anyone. Those cases you mentioned are shameful examples of our country’s judiciary and one would hope there’s been some lessons learnt. They were very different cases but equally devastating for those poor Mothers. .. thankfully technological advances over the last 20 + years have provided the truth for Kathleen.

however in the context of current discussions - I've not been privy to any questioning so i cant honestly comment on FM's willingness or otherwise to answer questions ( or to brainstorm possibilities etc as people suggest would be their way) However, given this latest development, I'm guessing the investigation team are seeing gaps in the answers provided by FM.

To avoid prejudicing potential jurors.
It is a small minority of people who jump online and try and find out a potential suspect’s name.
No, there names are suppressed via the courts because initially they were the carers of other foster children and then they sought name suppression orders for personal reasons and in the last couple of years, they have sought their names/identities to be suppressed because they could prove that they had become throughout the years of this investigation, targets for fixated people who wished them harm. IMO

Looking at the DPP policy on confidentiality ....

12.4 Confidentiality and legal privilege

The fact that a matter has been referred to the ODPP for pre-charge advice, the content of the advice and the fact that advice has been provided will not be disclosed to a third party unless legal privilege has been waived. The privilege rests with the agency that has requested the advice.

Can anyone remember the status of Daniel M’s inquest when Police were actively pursuing Cowan???

Was the inquest just suspended?? As it wasn’t totally finalised until after Cowan was jailed IIRC ??

If Police have been working William’s Case with the Coroner, as they have said, I don’t think the Coroner would be able to finalise William’s Inquest, as if there is enough evidence to refer to the DPP wouldn’t the Coroner have to do the same thing??? I don’t think she could just deliver an open finding and just close the case ????

Obviously speculation and IMO, as I don’t know how it would play out?
A legal expert would come in handy now …

Investigators formed the view the FM knew what had happened to WT well before the big dig, before the NSWCC, before the months long surveillance they had on the FFP's. Each of those steps would have required something to substantiate taking those actions and spending those resources of time and money wouldn't they?What triggered all of this off? Was it the query of the timestamp?

i keep on harking back to my memory of the comments made at closure of the Inquest (due to Covid - but it may have been timely) that ‘a new, previously unknown witness has come forward ‘

Highlights how police procedures need to be examined in these cases.

It's been my view that NSW Police will not come out smelling like roses from the Tyrrell Inquest.
Probably not

Either the first 5 years with Jubelin was a waste of time _or_ the last 4 post-Jubelin was a waste of time. He seemed to have tunnel vision. But a trial and conviction will help.

Probably not

Either the first 5 years with Jubelin was a waste of time _or_ the last 4 post-Jubelin was a waste of time. He seemed to have tunnel vision. But a trial and conviction will help.

In retrospect, it was a screw-up from minute 1 when no crime scene was established and every man and his dog traipsed all over the property, inside and out, trashing any hope of serious and timely forensic examination.

IMO, the whole thing could be described as a comedy of errors, except that it isn't funny.

has anybody seen this (posted above) on google maps? i saw it on another site and googled queens lake nature reserve nsw and its there, who would add this to google maps?
Interesting - and who would know bearbear . surely there’s some lockdown control on google maps.

I'm hopeless with IT stuff but am thinking perhaps theres a way someone can mess with your cached views ? ?
will be good to hear from others on this

has anybody seen this (posted above) on google maps? i saw it on another site and googled queens lake nature reserve nsw and its there, who would add this to google maps?

Good grief.

Just goes to show that the robot known as Google will accept anything.

Mind you, on the other hand, trying to get a former business name removed by Google maps from a given address is nigh on impossible: They insist on the request coming from the business itself -- never mind that it is now defunct.

Police from Strike Force Rosann did not want the latest development to be made public, and are worried about the impact the publicity will have on the investigation, one person close to the matter said on the condition of anonymity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519