Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

Oct 17 to start of landfill search on Nov 29 is a long time for a body to decompose in a warm moist environment, not to mention what happened in the trash compactor dumpster. I think some might be picturing an open dumpster, that doesn't work in a high occupancy building, and probably isn't even allowed in Los Angeles. The garbge has to be mechanically moved away from the chute and compacted. I think it would be nearly inpossible for someone to remove her body.
This is not a picture of the one at that building, just an example.

View attachment 420206
So we know with absolute certainty that no one could ever have entered the dumpster at the H+F building? Perhaps, but LE has never stated, to the best of my knowledge, that they are 100% certain her body could never have been removed from that specific dumpster. Till I hear that from LE or the media it remains a possibility. For me anyway. Others are entitled to their viewpoint.

So we know with absolute certainty that no one could ever have entered the dumpster at the H+F building?
I'm guessing that you mean entered the dumpster, possibly separated her from the compacted garbage, then climbed out with her body and carried it away into another part of the building or into the alley? I didn't say it was 100%, and an absolute certainty, I said I think it would be nearly impossible. Having worked in a building like this, these areas are secured, from the street and the main building. Most of these dumpsters don't have a top opening except where there is an extension going to the chute. The door opening is at the end of the compaction area. Edit to add, the ground floor is commercial, there are about 350 condos/apartments in the upper floors. In the same article, it is noted that the dumpsters had already been hauled away several times by the time by the time LAPD suspected she ended up there.

Eric Leonard: “Police were able to confirm that she -- after she died -- was likely put into an upper floor trash chute and her body fell into a giant industrial-sized dumpster and trash compactor in the ground floor of the building. And while the police were on scene looking for clues and evidence, they found something that confirmed their belief that this is what happened.” BBM

Last edited:
OK, trying to look at all the angles here. LE apparently knows she entered the condo building. LE also states they have evidence she was put down the trash chute. BUT does LE have evidence that her body remained in the dumpster and went to the dump? I suppose there may be a surveillance camera in the area that captures activity in the area of the dumpster and they have not shared this with us.

Absent any evidence that her body went to the dump how do we know she wasn’t removed from the dumpster by one of the party members later that evening or early morning and carried out to a remote area outside/east of LA? IOW, it might have been difficult to remove her from the building by using stairs or elevator and the trash chute offers less chance of being seen with a body in the building and also more convenient. And not wanting to risk having her body in an outside dumpster where it might be discovered, the culprit(s) removes her to a remote location.

Given the delay in searching the dump site and the volume of trash generated in an area like LA her body may well be in the dump and it is just almost impossible to find her there. Was that the reason LE did not find her body there or was it never there to begin with?
This link goes to photos where one shows an interior trash bin, not to be confused with the dumpster, that may be similar to the one where HP's body was placed. In the beginning, I suspected her body became lodged on one of the floors and the evidence LE discovered of HP being inside the trash chute came from an attempt to do whatever it took to get the trash chute moving again.
Hope + Flower photos

It was a very expensive undertaking to close the dump so CS Investigators could search for evidence of HP's presence. LE asked for the residents' patience as this search was conducted. Apparently, no new hauls were added while CSI was present those weeks. Certainly, they expected to find some evidence in order to make their costly efforts worth the arduous endeavor. By example, they knew what color and type of clothing Heidi was wearing when she disappeared.

The two media threads we have show there are multiple contractions in the story. For instance, we do not know if HP's dog, Seven, was found roaming on the 28th or 29th floor.
CA - Heidi Planck,39,left son’s game,dog found, Los Angeles,17 Oct 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No discussion

JMOHOO

The billboards, three of which can be seen dotting roads in West LA, read "Missing Mom" and "#FindHeidiPlanck," with images of the missing mother.

Though family members have come to terms with the fact that Planck is likely dead, after going missing back on Oct. 17, 2021 when she failed to pick her son upon school, they're still hopeful that information can come to light and help them understand what happened.
Culver-City-Mother-1.png

"Nobody wants to talk about it," said Jim Wayne, Planck's ex-husband. "And yet, everybody's thinking about it."

Wayne was the one who reported Planck missing, after their son was left at school without a ride, something she had never done before.

"It's just not like Heidi to disappear like that," he said. "She is deceased. I've worked with the police for quite a few months, they're still working on the case."

"There's a lot of false information out there," said Danielle Nadolny, a friend of Planck's. "People that like to speculate or like sensationalize things."

I honestly think it's one big coverup.
I think LE have known exactly what happened to Heidi, and exactly who is responsible for her demise, for a long while now, but I also think they have got very little, if any evidence, including no remains, and apparently little to no cooperation from people in the know, and unless someone comes forward and talks, this case will probably never go to trial.

Power can buy silence, it seems. Heidi deserved better. JMO

Last edited:
I think LE have known exactly what happened to Heidi, and exactly who is responsible for her demise, for a long while now, but I also think they have got very little, if any evidence, including no remains, and apparently little to no cooperation from people in the know, and unless someone comes forward and talks, this case will probably never go to trial.

and its also possible its ppl w some type of power in hollywood.

Hmmm, I think more likely money, rather than power. And maybe all it buys is a good lawyer. They always recommend silence.

And if it was a toxic drug ingestion, then that unknown dealer will never be caught, anyway. They're the ones who benefit the most, and rarely face consequences. Those are ones getting away with hundreds of murders.

JMO

OCT 6, 2023
[...]

Family members and her son, who was 11 at the time, have placed large billboards up on the anniversary of her disappearance, hoping to find some answers and bring renewed attention to her case.

“The billboards are in and around where she lived, worked and dined,” explained Planck’s friend, who did not wish to be identified. “I think the big thing for us is just for people to understand yes, it’s been two years but this hasn’t gone away.”

[...]

“There’s a son who needs to know what happened to his mother,” said a loved one. “There are friends and family who loved Heidi. Honestly, you can’t really move on. There’s no resolution. There are no answers.”

“The LAPD has reiterated that this is an ongoing investigation and that there are four or five individuals who know exactly what happened to Heidi that evening,” said

[...]

Today marks two years since Heidi Planck left her young son's football game, in Downey, California, and was last seen walking her dog in an alley outside the Hope+Flower Building in downtown LA, in the early evening. Her dog was allegedly found, wondering the 28th/29th floor of one of the buildings, and although LE apparently have evidence that Heidi's dead or nearly-dead body was shoved down the trash chute system and discarded in a landfill, her remains have never been found, and no one has ever been charged with any crime.

Perhaps the person/people responsible for her death feel they have gotten away with murder, and up until now, they have, but one day, they will face justice, whether in this life or the afterlife. We will not forget you, Heidi. JMO

Last edited:
I was just thinking random thoughts about Heidi’s case today. I can’t remember if she brought her dog to her son’s game. Did she leave straight from there if she had the dog or did she go by her house to pick him up? I’m wondering if she brought the dog to the game (I’ve seen that a lot) with every intention to go back home after the game. But what if she receives a call or text at the game. Something she hadn’t planned on or something came up earlier than expected. It could have been business related. (But I would have thought that such connection would have come up if it involved a resident. Of course, it could be a guest of a resident.) Maybe a drug connection or party involving the same. But who brings a dog to such an event especially if it the resident hosting it is not close to her? (I don’t recall ever seeing such for an indoors event.) It would seem she would go home and drop off her dog and then attend. Wasn’t this a Sunday? I can imagine traffic would be lighter than usual. What necessitated leaving the game early and going straight there? Drug connection who wouldn’t be there long? A romantic interest? Unexpected business meeting?

If this was something accidental such as an OD and the others put her down the chute why did they leave the dog in the building? Afraid to get caught on camera leaving the building with the dog? If this was a planned murder it certainly seems to be very unorganized, but then some criminals are dumb.

I was just thinking random thoughts about Heidi’s case today. I can’t remember if she brought her dog to her son’s game. Did she leave straight from there if she had the dog or did she go by her house to pick him up? I’m wondering if she brought the dog to the game (I’ve seen that a lot) with every intention to go back home after the game. But what if she receives a call or text at the game. Something she hadn’t planned on or something came up earlier than expected. It could have been business related. (But I would have thought that such connection would have come up if it involved a resident. Of course, it could be a guest of a resident.) Maybe a drug connection or party involving the same. But who brings a dog to such an event especially if it the resident hosting it is not close to her? (I don’t recall ever seeing such for an indoors event.) It would seem she would go home and drop off her dog and then attend. Wasn’t this a Sunday? I can imagine traffic would be lighter than usual. What necessitated leaving the game early and going straight there? Drug connection who wouldn’t be there long? A romantic interest? Unexpected business meeting?

If this was something accidental such as an OD and the others put her down the chute why did they leave the dog in the building? Afraid to get caught on camera leaving the building with the dog? If this was a planned murder it certainly seems to be very unorganized, but then some criminals are dumb.

Yes, Heidi had the dog with her at the game.

She was seen leaving her home in Palm on that Sunday afternoon on the way to her son's game. She left that game at halftime with her dog and was never seen again.

Wasn't there someone in the building who dog sat for her in the past?

Does anyone know for sure if the investigation is still officially open? I’d assume it is still obviously open because they didn’t make any statements as to case closed and it seems no arrests have been made.

I feel like there is only one possible party/parties that could be actually responsible, unless the overdose story we’ve all heard is actually true. I say this because that’s what was offered as a narrative of what happened. Just because the police investigated certain aspects of it doesn’t mean that the whole thing was accurate. They never found her body at the landfill for one. I realized what’s most likely is two either this story is either true and accurate enough OR it must be false.

Maybe I’m dumb but I never thought of it like that before. The thing is many people see the holes in the story and for other reasons believe it is false. It felt as if it was a neat and tidy simple explanation for what happened that ultimately left no one responsible. I find it questionable for many reasons and since it seems nothing came of searching the landfill, the story seems even more likely to not be the truth. The fact that the police were searching the landfill made me think based on what they knew that there might have been some plausibility to the narrative which I always doubted for a few reasons anyway but the lack of results make me less convinced the story has any truth.

So correct me if I’m wrong but the two reasonable options left seem to be either accept it’s the truth OR accept it’s not the true story because it probably isn’t what really happened and consider therefore that would very possibly indicate that whoever is responsible for it is either the one responsible for Heidi Plancks murder or very close to them.

Why else would anyone risk putting out a false story that later could be revealed to be total nonsense by a massive police investigation? In that event it wouldn’t matter bc whoever it was protecting would be being charged with murder if the police ever did somehow solve things. It’s not as if they’d find some evidence to convict the wrong person (although tbh I wouldn’t be surprised given all the pressure and time and resources consumed with no answers if they did just try to blame someone bc my guess is the truth is not believable to begin with but the universe can’t favor this so ultimately the truth would come out if it’s sought). So the person/people who thought up the cover up story
might have figured they are the only people likely to be named actually suspects. So it’s eliminates the gamble of getting caught telling a false coverup story because the only way they’d get caught in that lie is by some determination they are the one(s) responsible in which case making up that story won’t be of any interest considering they’d be facing murder charges or similar.

I feel like this is the most reasonable path to a solution to this crime. Even as much as her ex husband seems like he’s the easy target with their divorce and ongoing problems. If he is involved probably it’s in a more convoluted manner than would be typical and he wasn’t acting alone. It doesn’t narrow it down a whole lot but it sort of does too. Who exactly told that story? Not that “Dawn” person, although for all we know she’s part of it all too. I feel like based on simple logic this is most likely to be the answer unless some odd far less likely thing occurred which I feel like is always possible but I’m not aware of any information that suggests this theory is obviously wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shonnellb
Back