CA - Unidentified & possible missing victims of Randy Kraft, 1971-1983

Were the detectives on the Kraft case negligent?

• Yeah, they could have done more.

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • No, I love cops.

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
The NamUs page for Laguna Hills John Doe (UP7648) found in September 1974 has been removed.
He has been identified by Othram as 17-year-old Michael Ray Schlicht of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

He has been identified by Othram as 17-year-old Michael Ray Schlicht of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
"John Doe has long been thought to be an early victim of Randy Kraft."

Recently, I came across an old (December 6, 1979) LA Times article entitled "All Young Men: Police seek possible link in 11 deaths. Unfortunately, its copyrighted so I can't post the entire thing but there are some names of victims I haven't heard of before (Joseph Daly from Milpitas found deceased on Palomar Airport Rd near the San Diego Freeway near Carlsbad on Feb. 25, 1979 and Ralph Duane Davis found deceased along Ortega Highway in Riverside County on November 3, 1979) and one unidentified young man I am unfamiliar with found in Carlsbad on November 17, 1979 near the San Diego Freeway (maybe he has been IDed by now, there is also reference to an UID who was later identified as Frank Fox, a victim of William Bonin).

http://search.proquest.com/docview/162581481/13FFFD81858CE879B5/1?accountid=46298
Walter Tanner was found within 3 miles of Josephs body, he was hitchhiking from a rock concert in Long Beach in November 1979. He was found strangled and nude, he was only 16 years old

Walter Tanner was found within 3 miles of Josephs body, he was hitchhiking from a rock concert in Long Beach in November 1979. He was found strangled and nude, he was only 16 years old

Jeffrey Bryan Sayre disappeared 11 days after Joseph was believed to have been last seen

I just saw someone suggest that Michael was "Iowa" not Oral Alfred Stuart.
My brother told me about this new victim id as he lives in the Cedar Rapids, IA area and it was front page news there (he knows I've spent a lot of time reading up on Kraft). I found myself wondering the same thing if Oral Stuart couldn't be either Marine Down or Van Driveway. Oral's body was found in the "carport area" of a large condominium complex. Actually there is a third homicide victim that was originally from Iowa named David Michael Sandt but I have not found any evidence that police in Long Beach have connected him to Kraft. It is just my personal belief that Sandt is a Kraft victim but under a different name on his list.

He turned 21 August 25th and they found his body September 1st, just off the Pacific Coast Highway in Big Sur, he was strawberry blond, 5ft 6in tall and had a slender build, he had his sea bag with him when he left which has also never been found. There was nothing mentioned about torture on the autopsy, but as I said, there was ALOT not mentioned. No mention of sexual activity but I don't think they checked. I immediately jump to something sexual with him being found nude and I have asked about that but have been told there is no real way to know because they no longer have the file. I was told first that they lost the file then I was told that they had it, but it just didn't have very much to it. I feel like this is not something someone does only one time and never again so if it wasn't Kraft then I think I need to be looking towards someone probably already in Jail/Prison who has done something similar before.
Does anyone know if she ever mentioned her fathers name?
He turned 21 August 25th and they found his body September 1st, just off the Pacific Coast Highway in Big Sur, he was strawberry blond, 5ft 6in tall and had a slender build, he had his sea bag with him when he left which has also never been found. There was nothing mentioned about torture on the autopsy, but as I said, there was ALOT not mentioned. No mention of sexual activity but I don't think they checked. I immediately jump to something sexual with him being found nude and I have asked about that but have been told there is no real way to know because they no longer have the file. I was told first that they lost the file then I was told that they had it, but it just didn't have very much to it. I feel like this is not something someone does only one time and never again so if it wasn't Kraft then I think I need to be looking towards someone probably already in Jail/Prison who has done something similar before.

My brother told me about this new victim id as he lives in the Cedar Rapids, IA area and it was front page news there (he knows I've spent a lot of time reading up on Kraft). I found myself wondering the same thing if Oral Stuart couldn't be either Marine Down or Van Driveway. Oral's body was found in the "carport area" of a large condominium complex. Actually there is a third homicide victim that was originally from Iowa named David Michael Sandt but I have not found any evidence that police in Long Beach have connected him to Kraft. It is just my personal belief that Sandt is a Kraft victim but under a different name on his list.
I had hypothesized that Sandt was 'Hari Kari' from the way he was found prostrate and stabbed in the abdomen. But yeah, it's more likely that Stuart would not be 'IOWA' on the list, but rather one that you suggested.

Just a theory let me know what you think

Kieth Crotwell is believed to be "parking lot" due to him being last seen in a parking lot

Ronnie Gene Wiebe is believed to be "7th street" because his body was found along the 7th Street on-ramp to the San Diego Freeway.

For some reason John Doe April 1973 is believed to be "Hawth off head"

Keith's head was found in a Jetty near Long Beach, so i think he may be LB Marina.

Ronnie Gene Wiebe's vehicle was found in a bar parking lot, with a flat tire, so i think he could be Parking Lot

John Doe April 1973's head was found on 7th street, so i think he could be 7th street

In addition James Dale Reeves is believed to be "Twiggy", due to a tree branch being involved in his death.

However his vehicle was found in front of Ripples gay bar, which could mean he may be "front of ripples" on the scorecard.

I also learned that Anthony Jose Silveira who is believed to be "Portland Reserve" was also a carpenter, which could mean the entry titled "Carpenter" could be referring to him, although i find that unlikely personally

Just a theory let me know what you think

Kieth Crotwell is believed to be "parking lot" due to him being last seen in a parking lot

Ronnie Gene Wiebe is believed to be "7th street" because his body was found along the 7th Street on-ramp to the San Diego Freeway.

For some reason John Doe April 1973 is believed to be "Hawth off head"

Keith's head was found in a Jetty near Long Beach, so i think he may be LB Marina.

Ronnie Gene Wiebe's vehicle was found in a bar parking lot, with a flat tire, so i think he could be Parking Lot

John Doe April 1973's head was found on 7th street, so i think he could be 7th street

In addition James Dale Reeves is believed to be "Twiggy", due to a tree branch being involved in his death.

However his vehicle was found in front of Ripples gay bar, which could mean he may be "front of ripples" on the scorecard.

I also learned that Anthony Jose Silveira who is believed to be "Portland Reserve" was also a carpenter, which could mean the entry titled "Carpenter" could be referring to him, although i find that unlikely personally

It is entirely possible that there are duplicates, or Kraft's memory isn't the best. Before Keith Jackson was identified in 2021, he was previously thought to be a totally different victim than the John Doe found in August 1979. That victim was always thought to be '76' because his body was found behind the 76 gas station in Long Beach. Once he was identified as Jackson, then it seemed like both ENGLAND and 76 could have, or did refer to Jackson solely.

As for the Silveira entry, yeah, the Portland victims would probably only have the portland reference. That's one of the only consistencies Kraft seemed to have.

I need some advice,

I think ive found his name. In fact im close to 100 percent sure that i have.

Should i share it? I dont want to invade OPs privacy, but they wanted help, and me providing his name could potentially help.

I cant find any documentation that his death was a homicide, but he matches up almost perfectly with what OP described.

Last edited:
I found Paul Fuchs' Junior photo in the 1974 Woodrow Wilson High School Yearbook.

2797585230045078242S600x600Q851_zps5513faaa.jpg

His Senior Photo is not in the 1975 book.
I've been unable to find a specific thread for Paul Fuchs, so I'll include here this enhanced image:
1704025387632.jpg

I need some advice,

I think ive found his name. In fact im close to 100 percent sure that i have.

Should i share it? I dont want to invade OPs privacy, but they wanted help, and me providing his name could potentially help.

I cant find any documentation that his death was a homicide, but he matches up almost perfectly with what OP described.
Could you share what year this person was discovered?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back