CA - Unidentified & possible missing victims of Randy Kraft, 1971-1983

Were the detectives on the Kraft case negligent?

• Yeah, they could have done more.

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • No, I love cops.

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
Yes, he is 76 years old now. I have wondered why he insists on sticking to his story that he is completely innocent. Is he waiting for his older siblings to pass away first so he doesn't have to admit to them who he really is? Is his refusal to talk his way of "getting back" at society for imprisoning him? He's smart enough to know he will spend the rest of his life imprisoned. You would think he would at least be willing to talk in exchange for some increased accomodations or privileges in prison (if that's allowed). I do wonder if his fall down the steps caused brain damage which resulted in his aberrant behavior. His home life was certainly stable enough.
Maybe he is a "collector". If he doesn't tell anyone his victims remain his. Something like Dahmer.

Maybe he is a "collector". If he doesn't tell anyone his victims remain his. Something like Dahmer.
Could be. Your guess is as good as mine. I asked someone who studied criminology why he thought Randy won't admit his guilt and his response was basically "well, who wants to admit to himself that he is serial killer and will never get out." Maybe pretending he is completely innocent and will someday be freed through legal appeals is the one thing that keeps him going.

I was able to infer that much from hearing about his attitudes through personal research, heck I even heard it in an email from Dennis McDougal, the author of the book that most explicitly describes the cases. Even though I did write and send him a letter that was non-confrontational and didn't refer to his crimes in the slightest, I never heard back from him. Whether or not he got it and didn't respond, nor did he ever receive it in the mailing process is beyond me, but I feel inclined to reach out to him again eventually.

Kraft's feigned disbelief at his sentencing despite the mountains of evidence implicating him in these crimes is irrefutably pathetic. He knows exactly what he did and is still withholding information that can give so many people closure.
He murdered my 20 year old brother

Randy Kraft was arrested 40 years ago today, with his last victim in his car. Kraft is still nothing but a pathetic loser who never admitted guilt to any crimes.
True...One investigator called him "soulless" which is accurate. His victims were mere objects there for his pleasure who would then be discarded like trash along the road once he was done with them. And I'm sure dumping the bodies out in the open was his way of taunting law enforcement thinking he was just too smart to be caught. But he wasn't the genius he thought he was getting pulled over with a victim in the car and with all the other evidence in his car and at home.

New addition to NamUs

Estimated age is 12-14

Found in June of 1982

A couple walking at Bean Hollow State Beach discovered a decomposed male on the rocks. The remains were headless.

Last edited:
New addition to NamUs

Estimated age is 12-14

Found in June of 1982

A couple walking at Bean Hollow State Beach discovered a decomposed male on the rocks. The remains were headless.

JOHN DOE #82-15 / 82-536​

On June 5, 1982, the body of a young man washed ashore near Bean Hollow State Beach.

Description of Remains:​

Dead: 4-5 weeks
Height: 5’3”-5”4”
Ancestry: European descent
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Clothing: White jocky shorts
Dental: None
Fingerprints: Available
Anthropology: Teenage build, lower limb muscles more powerfully used than upper limbs or chest
SMSO: Unknown
COD: Undetermined-consistent with drowning
Manner: Undetermined
If you have information regarding the identification of this person, please contact:
San Mateo County Coroner's Office
Telephone: (650) 312-5562

Edit
Heres his WS thread

Last edited:
I am really interested in the actual scorecard itself, of which i dont knjw if it was ever properly analysed. Although usually seen as a list or record of his victims when I look at it I see something else. The layout is so odd, the way that the columns are so far apart and at different heights and crammed into the edges. My immediate thought is that this is quite literally a scorecard--I'm seeing it as a tally of TWO men's gruesome murders, like a competition. Krafts victims on one side, the other person's on the other.
Most of the writing is the same and very small, it looks like it was intended to leave plenty of space for more victims. All except the final few entries HAWTH OFF HEAD and 76 on one side and possibly DART 405 on the other. WHAT YOU GOT appears to have been written in a completely different hand to me.
I'm no expert and I know the entries weren't written chronologically, which suggests they were written down after the events from memory.

I have always suspected that Kraft couldn't act alone due to the nature of how some of the bodies were disposed of and the extra dna and footprints and another couple of sights. I have also always wondered about the various methods of killing and disposing of bodies; despite a very definite M.O. I found the various methods of dumping bodies unusual, possibly even suggestive or 2 people. Now I worry that he not only wasn't acting alone but was playing a game with an accomplice. Possible that 1 of them would choose and lure in a victim and then the other would help in disposal once the awful deed is done. An accomplice who could very well have continued killing for years, after all dead bodies and missing people didn't stop with Kraft.
Maybe an accomplice is also the reason he's always kept quiet.

I don't know enough about Krafts acquaintances to say anymore or any specific chronology but that what I get when n see this bizarre list.

1691613911087.png

I am really interested in the actual scorecard itself, of which i dont knjw if it was ever properly analysed. Although usually seen as a list or record of his victims when I look at it I see something else. The layout is so odd, the way that the columns are so far apart and at different heights and crammed into the edges. My immediate thought is that this is quite literally a scorecard--I'm seeing it as a tally of TWO men's gruesome murders, like a competition. Krafts victims on one side, the other person's on the other.
Most of the writing is the same and very small, it looks like it was intended to leave plenty of space for more victims. All except the final few entries HAWTH OFF HEAD and 76 on one side and possibly DART 405 on the other. WHAT YOU GOT appears to have been written in a completely different hand to me.
I'm no expert and I know the entries weren't written chronologically, which suggests they were written down after the events from memory.

I have always suspected that Kraft couldn't act alone due to the nature of how some of the bodies were disposed of and the extra dna and footprints and another couple of sights. I have also always wondered about the various methods of killing and disposing of bodies; despite a very definite M.O. I found the various methods of dumping bodies unusual, possibly even suggestive or 2 people. Now I worry that he not only wasn't acting alone but was playing a game with an accomplice. Possible that 1 of them would choose and lure in a victim and then the other would help in disposal once the awful deed is done. An accomplice who could very well have continued killing for years, after all dead bodies and missing people didn't stop with Kraft.
Maybe an accomplice is also the reason he's always kept quiet.

I don't know enough about Krafts acquaintances to say anymore or any specific chronology but that what I get when n see this bizarre list.

View attachment 439915
He had an accomplice in several of his murders. This was the opinion of investigators and also why some cases investigators could tie to Kraft were not tried. There was semen from TWO men found on some victims. Also, some victims were strong, muscular men who were thrown from vehicles traveling at high speed. How could Kraft manage this while maintaining control of his vehicle? Jeff Graves is believed to have been an accomplice, but he died of AIDS about three years after Kraft's arrest.

My own opinion is that one side of the scorecard lists victims Kraft killed alone and the other side lists those killed with an accomplice.

My own opinion is that one side of the scorecard lists victims Kraft killed alone and the other side lists those killed with an accomplice.
Oh yes good point, I hadn't thought of that, could be that too. From the known victims can we say that the ones on one side versus the other were stronger, more muscular or their method of murder and disposal would likely have required 2 people. Are the cases with 2 semen samples on the same side?

@iulia has anyone fitting his description been pulled from namus?
No visible ones yesterday, or in the past month. There were, however, 12 hidden profiles (or added/removed between my checks yesterday) that were removed yesterday (7 AR, 2 AZ, 1 IL, 1 OK, 1 PA). Unfortunately I don't know whose profiles were those.

edited: grammar, not sure if it’s clearer now :D

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member