OR OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

If the deaths are connected to drug trade (Ooops),
I doubt anybody would endanger their safety by "grassing" on the perps for a few bucks.

Provided the reward still stands.
The effort hasn't proved successful now, has it?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Really good video attached.
This was back at the 12 year mark.

" As with a lot of things and any crimes you go to, things are not as they appear, said Mike Moran, Jackson Co. Sheriff’s Office."
Little did police know, two fires on Dead Indian Memorial Road would spark a nearly 12 year investigation.

Thank you law enforcement

/////

Really good video attached.
This was back at the 12 year mark.

" As with a lot of things and any crimes you go to, things are not as they appear, said Mike Moran, Jackson Co. Sheriff’s Office."
Little did police know, two fires on Dead Indian Memorial Road would spark a nearly 12 year investigation.

Thank you law enforcement

/////

Yes, that’s the article/video I posted regarding the possible connection they supposedly see between Dave’s and Troy’s murders. @Rush4087 did an excellent analysis of it, showing that the reporter never quoted LE saying that.

Mike Moran is right that “things are not as they appear.”

Really good sleuthing and many thanks !
1/30/2024 Tuesday

This is from: MURDER IN THE RAIN
A podcast about the case

True Crime Tuesday:
David Edwin Lewis
Nov 23, 2021
On September 4th, 2008 a fire occurred on Dead Indian Memorial road in Ashland, Oregon. Once the fire was extinguished authorities discovered the remains of homeowner David Lewis. HIs death was ruled a homicide and remains unsolved.
attached - worth watching

Any law enforcement anywhere, can take anonymous tips.
As always, people can remain anonymous

Really good sleuthing and many thanks !
1/30/2024 Tuesday

This is from: MURDER IN THE RAIN
A podcast about the case

True Crime Tuesday:
David Edwin Lewis
Nov 23, 2021
On September 4th, 2008 a fire occurred on Dead Indian Memorial road in Ashland, Oregon. Once the fire was extinguished authorities discovered the remains of homeowner David Lewis. HIs death was ruled a homicide and remains unsolved.
attached - worth watching

Any law enforcement anywhere, can take anonymous tips.
As always, people can remain anonymous

Short, but to the point. According to this 2021 episode, the $20,000 reward offered by Dave’s sister was still in effect.

This is good too, websleuths! Words out
in Portland, Oregon !!!

True Crime Tuesday 1/30/2024

2 years ago:
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Jackson County Sheriff’s need the public’s help solving the unsolved murder of Troy Dean Carney from 2008.

This week on True Crime Tuesday, the hosts from the Murder in the Rain podcast talk about how this case may be connected to another unsolved murder that happened on the same day.

True Crime Tuesday: What happened to David Lewis
A few weeks ago the podcast detailed the 2008 unsolved case of David Edwin Lewis whose body was discovered when a property fire was extinguished on Dead Indian Memorial Road in Medford, Oregon. David had been shot to death and the fire was likely set to cover up the crime.

On that same day, September 4th, 2008, another man was found shot to death roughly 30 miles away.

It’s unknown at this time if Troy Carney’s and David Lewis’s murders are connected in any way.

Tips on both David and Troy’s cases can be submitted to the Jackson County Cold Case Team at (541) 774-6800. Or if preferred, anonymous tips can be submitted at (541) 774-8333.

worth the listen:

The facts are what matter, not what people think.

If whomever was just going to show up and murder Dave, burn his body, and destroy all Lewis family possessions he had ( including irreplaceable tapes of Coach Lewis, his dad, who also loathed sex offenders, especially the one around his 3 grandsons) thats not following logic or facts.

Found murdered on 9/4/2008 too:
Troy Dean Carney

Law enforcement has a lot of Troy Carney's information, travel records, and cell phone records. Troy's family wanted arrests 2008 and they were right.

Law enforcement have books of evidence and detectives in 2008/2009 wanted to make arrests. then sheriifff Michael Winters "effected"
the investigation and that decision.

Troy was loved by his family and many friends grieve his murder, as Troy's family has written.
He wasn't a stranger to Jackson County. Troy had lived there, been married, divorced, arrested (absurd as Dave Lewis' arrest was ) and Troy traveled and stayed with friends. He was thoughtful and a hard worker. Troy wasn't homeless. He was a truck lumper. Had he been to Hyatt Lake...

Maybe some reverse thought-process, as to when and how the murders occurred.

JMO MOO IMO
I don't know, it seems everyone who replies here is pretty interested in what people who knew Dave feel and think regarding his soul, his character, his past, his future plans, his family, his friends, his life, and his death. Cold cases should be gone over ad nauseum!! I have picked up that you and RC seem to not be on the same page of course.... but I think it is healthy to have people with different points of view, it allows for more out of the box thinking- just my two cents.... I did not know Dave or his case whatsoever but reading your guys discourse back a few pages has certainly been enlightening!! Might have to check more threads out

referencing Dave's sister: "just showing up." that's out. in left field.
his xfamily ( x & sex offender who drove him nutz) were not welcome anywhere near him. or their tribe of clinggers. Dave's parents were very very vocal and active on that subject. Dave's sisters both were and his Uncles.

why throw lies out? Dave loved his siblings and family. they fought like cats and dogs, then hugged and had pizza. Then fought again. How to raise kids. How to treat dogs. When to plant shadow box flowers. How many tea leaves in a box. they were a normal loving family. well liked and respected in the community. money was not a big deal for the Lewis' . All true friends and family know. Including Dave's first love back in Delaware. And the kid. Think on that. Dave had lawyers and family-friends have the records and files.

if talking about those who commited the crimes leading up to this unspeakable unbelievable unnecessary murder, truth always come out. Always.

Dave was never afraid of anyone or anything.
Thus the hysterical, ballistic, volatile guy at Hyatt lake couldn't intimidate him. The RV dude was disproportionately aggressive. Dave told him to knock it off.

Some camping trip isn't going to solve this crime. But maybe thats the point.

---
hello again - apologies for 2 posts in a row - am i missing where red_clover said it was the sister of the man who showed up out of left field?

regarding rv guy - you think a random guy (please fill me in if you could, if this guy is more than just some random??) came back after a previous yelling match with dave and killed both him and the other man on the same road? hyatt lake isnt exactly where dave lived, is it? i apologize i am not familiar with ashland oregon or the indian road he lived on

i do hope you long-timers forgive me if anything i type here is redundant, i am reading many pages here! i was looking into heather thompson's case and then the guy who tragically got killed on the bike path and now
dave and troy. really scary and interesting cold cases in the state of oregon. doing my best to educate myself up and not ask too many repetitive things here....

Another red herring? IMOO
you guys seem to be big fans of this phrase on this thread lol.... maybe an inside thing i am unaaware of?
We have stated clearly, all Dave's siblings and relatives have been cleared. Especially his sisters, brother, namesake and relatives. That Dave's parents, knew of his suffering from his divorce and the worrisome follow-up that ensued. That his mother ( who RC announced here, committed suicide) was worried daily about her beloved son. Rightfully so. Who defends a registered child CHILD molester. She knew her grandsons were being raised by them.
Is there a police link for this though?? I would need to take more than just the word of mr. lewis' family on this one especially given the things brought to light about his sister by red clover, dreamweaver, and troy's mom herself. and allegedly dave himself also.
Good questions Gemmie!!

(in our opinion) referencing Dave's big sister. That needle doesn't thread. As to: just show up and inheritance, driving distance, cremain ashes, Dave's mother's suicide, Dave's talk ( he discussed everyone ) and etc etc etc.

That just-show-up, is responsible for Dave's and now Troy's murder? And firewood delivery?
Info about Troy's murder ( spoiler: doesn't make arrest's or sense )

It's a redherring all right...
this is interesting because the things you have listed appear to have just as much weight if not less if i am being totally honest. i truly understand wanting to support and protect family members! at the same time, wanting this solved for dave must take precedence above any other preconceived notions or long-held suspicions regarding corruption on the sheriff's office, no?? you do not appear to have "evidence" of some of the things you speak of and seem to think all should accept it at face value yet you come off very angry and disbelieving towards red clover, when nobody seems to show you this sort of disrespect on the thread. can't we all just get along.... :( and again, red herring!!! all the red herrings apparently!!!! i am lost... i do not want to give up on dave's thread, but i fear i have come in too late and now without red clover here i fear the thread will dwindle given the posts i have read since last night. if only the family's ideas are offered unchallenged on this specific case, i am unsure what the conversation will even look like....

hopefully this makes sense to you all. i mean no harm or offense and i apologize if this comes off intrusive :( not my intention.... simly offering a "outside perspective" of sorts and david and troy seemed like very kind and hardworking men... deserved much longer lives.

Yes, just-showing-up is a sibling. It takes a really sick mind to attack a family member of a murder victim.
except for the fact that many murdered people are tragically murdered by their own family members :( i do not think it takes a sick mind to go there at all, especially for those of us who follow crimes so close, where we see such things happen very frequently!! intimate partner/family-related homicidetends to account for a larger share of homicides (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime). lord do we all wish that was not the case and yet it is

But...
If David had put the inheritance money in bank,
this person would have come in vain.
I mean,
only David had access to it.

Besides,
if somebody threatened me,
I would immediately contact Police.

If the will of parents was clear,
I really don't see how anybody could demand the part of somebody else's inheritance.

Did this person feel as an injured party by parents?

Was parents' will not fair according to this person?

Such cases are resolved in Courts.
Inheritance issues.

PS
As wise people say:

"Money does not bring happiness".

JMO
in these rural areas many families have a common placard? plaquard? plaqard?? that says "we do not call 911" with a picture of a gun's barrel pointing right at you... the thing is self-defense, AND it would also take cops a very long time to get out there!! gowing up in a rural area we actually had cops not be available 24/7 either. there were set hours even for emergency calls.... scary i know!

in these rural areas many families have a common placard? plaquard? plaqard?? that says "we do not call 911" with a picture of a gun's barrel pointing right at you... the thing is self-defense, AND it would also take cops a very long time to get out there!! gowing up in a rural area we actually had cops not be available 24/7 either. there were set hours even for emergency calls.... scary i know!

I meant earlier.
Not on that fateful day/night.

It was hinted that this person was very insistent/belligerent even.
Threatening?

But,
it was also said here, that Dave put money in the bank.

So,
What would be the reason to come???
What was the point???

He said NO to the demand to share his part of inheritance.

That is what I understood reading the posts here.

I meant if somebody harassed me,
I would contact the authorities.

JMO

at risk of getting made fun of for saying "my opinion".... i will say such as a disclaimer here, because i did not go and find and provide link for this post. if anything i say needs sources please tell me, i will find!!

i'd also like to say i have a sleep disorder as well as a neurological disorder that a lack of sleep makes worse+ say words right. this is something i find frustrating, ive never had to write this here i dont think because i have not been on this site when it is this bad, but sleep has been such a bad struggle this whole month really, that i wanted to say this so nobody worries for me - u will see me using more shortcuts than my normal use, etc. i have a dr appt tmrw :)
There are many theories re: who murdered DL. All seem to have holes in them or things that cannot be proven. For example, I have yet to see ANY evidence that the DL and TDC cases are related, or that some vague relatives camping location played a part, or why DL’s sister speaking to TDC’s mom or LE matters, or when and why and by whom yellow tape was put up, or that some SO played a role, or why four fires matter when two of them happened on completely different days (and one of those occurred approx 30 miles away from DL’s cabin), or why LE would be corrupt and involved in (or intentionally ignoring) specifically in DL’s case. And that’s just a start.

And the theory that DL’s murder was drug related is not far fetched at all. Imo the most clear and present danger to anyone living in the Rogue Valley over the past two decades was/is probably drugs, drug gangs, and drug cartels. Disputes over land, access, disputes over water, seeing something you’re not supposed to have seen.. Stumbling into a grow op while camping, hunting, or fishing. A grower or trafficker possibly being afraid you might narc on them (for one reason or another). There seem to be many unsolved missing persons cases in the Rogue Valley.

Re: DL’s specific involvement in illegal grow ops, I certainly have no proof, but never said that he was. I have never implied that DL was doing anything illegal, just that he may have been seen as a threat by someone. But read the Garren Rudolf Beller threads and you’ll see that at least one person who knew Garren thought that DL possibly was, or at one time had possibly been, a grower. Just saying you can’t exclude or discount the drug angle by simply saying “it’s hard to imagine” or “I can’t see how”
see, rush,i am deeply appreciating ur nuance (nuanced??) posts. catching myself up here has been such a trip, this is a very fascinating case that i pray gets solved ASAP because dave is so loved and he deserves justice!! personally i myself am lost at how dave being involved in a grow is sorta classified as just a mistake but others doing it is *always* labled cartel activity to some here in this thread.... i am honest trying to figure this out and understand context i may be missing here.... please if you understand something i do not id appreciate if you show me this. i also tend to notice that generally speaking, for the past 20 yrs i have followed such things [for my college degrees and for my personal interest], adults murdered in california and oregon when it comes to ilicit marijuana activity tend to be involved in that activity and not just a lil smoking here +there. i do not know about dl's drug use idk if i can be filled in?
@Sleuth2010, you say you have tried to share facts and truth..

Please be very specific and provide facts or sources (you can use initials) for your information. And please, no speaking about the wind or how love triumphs over all. Nothing abstract. Only facts that can be supported that will help others on WS help solve the case. We all have the same desire - to find out who murdered Dave Lewis and bring them to justice.

Thanks very much in advance.
thank you so much. i will be adding to your questions. thank you for saying what i am feeling and thinking, and others as well.... this is confusing. i know i am new to thread but i have very bad insomnia where i have read about this case and 2 other oregon cases since yesterday, i am NO expert on cold cases, far far far from it and am learning more from you all about daveevery page, every post. however i cannot make heads or tails of the ""big theory"" of this case.
" Dollar on the table crime" = money $$ crime.

speaking truth about bad xsheriff = a good thing

eyes to the moon = wolf moon
i am trying to make sense out of what your opinions on case are.... doesnt make any sense to me given his case??

what does a wolf moon have to do with?

did something kill him because of a wolf moon?
sheriff? the ex-sheriff? troopers? local cops???

firewood seller??

angry rv guy?

ppl from the "town meetings"??

a "jilted lover"?

organized crime ($ on the table crime as you say)?
guy who wanted to buy land, and wife?
lady hiding in trailer or tent (sorry cannot remember which u said)??

cartels?

ex-wife and ex-wife's new "pedophile husband" as you like to word it, or their family?

someone with a vvendetta against dave or maybe dave sister or family??

are you trying to say it is RC? OR troy's mother? OR troy?

.... or was it dave's former boss' neighbor's cousin's boyfriend's ex-BIL? regarding the last one i do not say this to provide mockery or to be funny - i say this to provide you an example how convoluted you can come off to others, people here really care about david's case clearly and want to help, but the information from the verified insider leads anyone who pays it any mind on a wild goose chase over the river, through the valley, tripping through woods....

i am not the only person in the thread struggling to make sense of what your theory is, since "dave's family has been cleared" +there is "info the family knows that the public doesn't" i woulda thought your theory would be solid given how sure u sound

i am totally lost after reading many of your posts.... i have TRIED but cannot make heads or tails of what you're trying to say.... please provide enlightenment??
State Troopers were also involved in Dave Lewis' homicide investigation.
One law enforcement officer said:
" no one likes a cop, until they need one."

We 110% support LE ( 4 family members career's)
i think what a cop said here was just a cliche cops like to say and you are reading into it, no disrespect
I meant earlier.
Not on that fateful day/night.

It was hinted that this person was very insistent/belligerent even.
Threatening?

But, it was also said here,that Dave put money in the bank.
So,
What would be the reason to come???

He said NO to the demand to share his part of inheritance.

That is what I understood reading the posts here.

What was the use of this visit???

I meant if somebody harassed me,
I would contact the authorities.

JMO
i am saying if the person who was harassing dave about the money also had anything to do with his death, he may not have had time or ability to call the police, and i think this person would probably know that?? just my 2 cents.... sorry i shoulda worded it that way in the 1st place. and maybe they THOUGHT they could get $ but couldnt, didnt know about bank, or maybe it was about revenge not $ anymore.

my thoughts and opinions

at risk of getting made fun of for saying "my opinion".... i will say such as a disclaimer here, because i did not go and find and provide link for this post. if anything i say needs sources please tell me, i will find!!

i'd also like to say i have a sleep disorder as well as a neurological disorder that a lack of sleep makes worse+ say words right. this is something i find frustrating, ive never had to write this here i dont think because i have not been on this site when it is this bad, but sleep has been such a bad struggle this whole month really, that i wanted to say this so nobody worries for me - u will see me using more shortcuts than my normal use, etc. i have a dr appt tmrw :)

see, rush,i am deeply appreciating ur nuance (nuanced??) posts. catching myself up here has been such a trip, this is a very fascinating case that i pray gets solved ASAP because dave is so loved and he deserves justice!! personally i myself am lost at how dave being involved in a grow is sorta classified as just a mistake but others doing it is *always* labled cartel activity to some here in this thread.... i am honest trying to figure this out and understand context i may be missing here.... please if you understand something i do not id appreciate if you show me this. i also tend to notice that generally speaking, for the past 20 yrs i have followed such things [for my college degrees and for my personal interest], adults murdered in california and oregon when it comes to ilicit marijuana activity tend to be involved in that activity and not just a lil smoking here +there. i do not know about dl's drug use idk if i can be filled in?

thank you so much. i will be adding to your questions. thank you for saying what i am feeling and thinking, and others as well.... this is confusing. i know i am new to thread but i have very bad insomnia where i have read about this case and 2 other oregon cases since yesterday, i am NO expert on cold cases, far far far from it and am learning more from you all about daveevery page, every post. however i cannot make heads or tails of the ""big theory"" of this case.

i am trying to make sense out of what your opinions on case are.... doesnt make any sense to me given his case??

what does a wolf moon have to do with?

did something kill him because of a wolf moon?
sheriff? the ex-sheriff? troopers? local cops???

firewood seller??

angry rv guy?

ppl from the "town meetings"??

a "jilted lover"?

organized crime ($ on the table crime as you say)?
guy who wanted to buy land, and wife?
lady hiding in trailer or tent (sorry cannot remember which u said)??

cartels?

ex-wife and ex-wife's new "pedophile husband" as you like to word it, or their family?

someone with a vvendetta against dave or maybe dave sister or family??

are you trying to say it is RC? OR troy's mother? OR troy?

.... or was it dave's former boss' neighbor's cousin's boyfriend's ex-BIL? regarding the last one i do not say this to provide mockery or to be funny - i say this to provide you an example how convoluted you can come off to others, people here really care about david's case clearly and want to help, but the information from the verified insider leads anyone who pays it any mind on a wild goose chase over the river, through the valley, tripping through woods....

i am not the only person in the thread struggling to make sense of what your theory is, since "dave's family has been cleared" +there is "info the family knows that the public doesn't" i woulda thought your theory would be solid given how sure u sound

i am totally lost after reading many of your posts.... i have TRIED but cannot make heads or tails of what you're trying to say.... please provide enlightenment??

i think what a cop said here was just a cliche cops like to say and you are reading into it, no disrespect

i am saying if the person who was harassing dave about the money also had anything to do with his death, he may not have had time or ability to call the police, and i think this person would probably know that?? just my 2 cents.... sorry i shoulda worded it that way in the 1st place. and maybe they THOUGHT they could get $ but couldnt, didnt know about bank, or maybe it was about revenge not $ anymore.

my thoughts and opinions
But he was clear that he was not going to share.
This person knew it.
This trip was unnecessary.

Besides,
If it was revenge,
why would this person announce the visit?

And it could not have been done in the heat of the moment,
because the attack seemed to be planned
(yellow tape as a sign, etc).

JMO

Last edited:
But he was clear that he was not going to share.
This person knew it.
This trip was unnecessary.

Besides,
If it was revenge,
why would this person announce the visit?

And it could not have been done in the heat of the moment,
because the attack seemed to be planned
(yellow tape as a sign, etc).

JMO
you can tell a person 100% no and if they are determined.... stubborn.... and/or desperate
they will try & wear you down anyway. or manipulate you. happens to many.

did you ever read this person announced a visit? i have not seen but of course i only read some

you can tell a person 100% no and if they are determined.... stubborn.... and/or desperate
they will try & wear you down anyway. or manipulate you. happens to many.

did you ever read this person announced a visit? i have not seen but of course i only read some
A former member/Dave's friend knew about the announced visit.

David said he was waiting for this person.
It is all in this thread.

hello again - apologies for 2 posts in a row - am i missing where red_clover said it was the sister of the man who showed up out of left field?

regarding rv guy - you think a random guy (please fill me in if you could, if this guy is more than just some random??) came back after a previous yelling match with dave and killed both him and the other man on the same road? hyatt lake isnt exactly where dave lived, is it? i apologize i am not familiar with ashland oregon or the indian road he lived on

Yes, you are missing where RC said it was the sister of Dave. It didn’t happen. @Sleuth2010 is the only one to say that.

The Hyatt Lake RV guy is not random. Dave worked for him on and off. Hyatt Lake is about 5 miles from Dave’s cabin. He spent a lot of time there. Troy Carney did not live on the same road. He was in the Valley waiting for a truck job to take him back to the east coast. He was sleeping about 30 miles away In an area used by homeless called the Greenway.

Last edited:
i do hope you long-timers forgive me if anything i type here is redundant, i am reading many pages here! i was looking into heather thompson's case and then the guy who tragically got killed on the bike path and now
dave and troy. really scary and interesting cold cases in the state of oregon. doing my best to educate myself up and not ask too many repetitive things here....

you guys seem to be big fans of this phrase on this thread lol.... maybe an inside thing i am unaaware of?

Is there a police link for this though?? I would need to take more than just the word of mr. lewis' family on this one especially given the things brought to light about his sister by red clover, dreamweaver, and troy's mom herself. and allegedly dave himself also.

this is interesting because the things you have listed appear to have just as much weight if not less if i am being totally honest. i truly understand wanting to support and protect family members! at the same time, wanting this solved for dave must take precedence above any other preconceived notions or long-held suspicions regarding corruption on the sheriff's office, no?? you do not appear to have "evidence" of some of the things you speak of and seem to think all should accept it at face value yet you come off very angry and disbelieving towards red clover, when nobody seems to show you this sort of disrespect on the thread. can't we all just get along.... :( and again, red herring!!! all the red herrings apparently!!!! i am lost... i do not want to give up on dave's thread, but i fear i have come in too late and now without red clover here i fear the thread will dwindle given the posts i have read since last night. if only the family's ideas are offered unchallenged on this specific case, i am unsure what the conversation will even look like....

hopefully this makes sense to you all. i mean no harm or offense and i apologize if this comes off intrusive :( not my intention.... simly offering a "outside perspective" of sorts and david and troy seemed like very kind and hardworking men... deserved much longer lives.

except for the fact that many murdered people are tragically murdered by their own family members :( i do not think it takes a sick mind to go there at all, especially for those of us who follow crimes so close, where we see such things happen very frequently!! intimate partner/family-related homicidetends to account for a larger share of homicides (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime). lord do we all wish that was not the case and yet it is

A red herring is a false clue to divert attention from the truth/the actual perp.

No there is not police link clearing anyone in the family. Yes you are correct that many are murdered by family members. Here at WS family members are considered victims, so it’s against TOS to imply their involvement unless or until LE labels them a POI or suspect or makes an arrest. We can challenge a family member’s statements, and ask for more details (which we have), but they don’t have to provide MSM links. Personally, as I’ve stated, if a verified insider makes allegations, they have an obligation to answer questions and not stonewall. But as I’ve discovered, we cannot insist.

I’m really glad you’re here!

JMO

Last edited:

I once lived in a rural area too. The sheriff was 30 minutes away if he was available and not on another call miles away. We were threatened once by our neighbor yelling from his property and we called the sheriff and left our home while waiting for them. In Dave’s case, he may have felt the threat wasn’t serious enough to get the sheriff involved or would just be denied by the other party.

It’s been said that Dave didn’t own a gun which would have been illegal for a convicted felon (from growing marijuana years ago).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves
Back