Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
Please no plea deal. Last thing I want to hear is the allegation a person was 'forced' to plead guilty.
Thinking about a plea - I did wonder if the additional charges recently were to set up for a plea. I often think that a plea is a better option for families but I wonder in this case if the families want a trial.

"One day I'll be able to tell you. I can't wait for that day," Carter said. "We are doing everything within our power ... and when we run out of tips, we're going to start over again."

"We're going to continue to push and push and push until we get that final piece of information," he said. "We know significantly more (information), but we're not going to talk about that because the only other person who knows that is the killer."

-.-.-
I wanted to find, when DC said, LE would have a lot of evidence (or quite similar wording), but would be missing a face/a name yet. Unfortunately I can't find it.

This "much evidence", which they have from the crime scene since 2017, I would like to see/hear of, when the trial begins.

I've been doing the Bridge Guy Rorschach test for too long. Is it pretty much a consensus that he is wearing a fanny pack, or is there still a question of whether that might be a hoodie tail? I thought for sure that was a pouch, but now I'm wondering.
I think people are overly sure of what they’re seeing from quite poor quality image/footage. What sort of looks like a white object could just be glared reflections from a lighter coloured part of clothing. Anybody’s read on these points of contention are just as valid as anyone else’s.

"One day I'll be able to tell you. I can't wait for that day," Carter said. "We are doing everything within our power ... and when we run out of tips, we're going to start over again."

"We're going to continue to push and push and push until we get that final piece of information," he said. "We know significantly more (information), but we're not going to talk about that because the only other person who knows that is the killer."

-.-.-
I wanted to find, when DC said, LE would have a lot of evidence (or quite similar wording), but would be missing a face/a name yet. Unfortunately I can't find it.

This "much evidence", which they have from the crime scene since 2017, I would like to see/hear of, when the trial begins.
more bluff/bluster than anything. Hoping to scare the perp into cracking and handing themselves in.

Didn’t work.

Envisioning one BG hurting both girls has always been difficult when 2 or 3 participants seem to apply as well.

Was his sudden plan to kidnap two, then kill one so he could SA the other one before killing her? The horrors of it.

It's been said from beginning that the killer was local. We've seen images where he enjoyed hiking in mountainous regions. He's an outdoorsy kind of guy.

How long was the wish, the burning desire, the electric fantasy, be dreamed before he saw the two girls walking at the trails on FEB 13? His mind immediately said, "let's roll." Packing heat, he went for two teenagers at one time. So very risky.

The first warrants went out for the residences of RSOs. LE dug deep into RSO and checked probations, etal. We endured JC and KK investigations into sex motivated crimes. There must be a sexual component to their murders that only the killer, and hopefully, LE, knows.

Surprising to me, that in a part of the staging, there was a reenactment in the woods of one person gathering random sticks from nearby and placing them in the likeness as in the FM. Back and forth the actor picked up random twigs, sticks, logs, then walked back to place them down in the likeness. It took 10 minutes to accomplish but there were no fresh cuts made which might add a bit of time to the ten.

We've seen the CS floor littered with leaves, logs, sticks and twigs everywhere. Ron Logan said the next day that the CS area was "pristine" as if nothing violent happened there. How did BG manage to leave behind a pristine Crime Scene but walk away muddy?

Tis stupid to walk down side of the road after committing a double murder.

I don't see any evidence that appoint to more than 1 participant. Only BG did this in my opinion.

His plan was his fantasy. I doubt this was a sudden plan. His fantasy was probably killing somebody and he played how he would that in his mind for years. Redressing one girl girl probably can fit SA/his fantasy. No ideia how many years he had this fantasy. It's difficult for normal people understand killer's minds. They aren't normal. Many serial killers confessed to their family and they all have a similar tone.. they feel bad for getting caught which put their family through hardship, and they don't know what compelled them to do it but they've had dark fantasies their entire lives about it that they've had to fight off. I think it's the same for RA. But he is probably a one-time killer. According to FBI and LE, one-time killers are more common tham they thought.

He probably lurked the trails and was prepared in other days but in that day, the things worked in his favor. Or in that day he acted for some reason regarding how his life was going at that moment. No idea. It is risky but the girls were killed on the broadlight so who commited this crime is someone who was willing to take risks. For normal people, this crime it will never make sense.

I think RL said the crime scene was immaculated some days after the cleaning. Not sure. But I guess we will know this at the trial.

Last edited:
I agree with you on the jacket here. I think it’s a nylon snap and zip closure jacket. It looks in the video that he has snapped some of the buttons and the jacket is pulling a bit and straining the buttons.
I don’t think it’s carhart either- it seems too thin and no label is visible on the front.
I honestly have doubts he still had the jacket or jeans when they served the search warrant.
He had put on quite a bit of weight and it would hand been cheap and easy to replace those items without any suspicion during the 5 years prior.
Agree, RA put on a lot of weight after the murders and grew out his much longer goatee in an effort to help disguise his resemblance of BG IMO.

Does Carhart make lighter wind breaker style jackets than those we automatically think of? If not, it could have easily been a knock off of one. I agree, he would have easily gotten rid of the muddy, bloody clothing he was wearing that day. I do wonder though if he kept some kind of "trophy" of the killings?

If he stashed anything in the back of the trunk, perhaps there could have been some DNA related evidence on that carpet panel they removed during the SW of RA's home and auto.

jmo

RSBM

Thinking about a plea - I did wonder if the additional charges recently were to set up for a plea. I often think that a plea is a better option for families but I wonder in this case if the families want a trial.
I thought the same. I guess it would depend on the plea. If RA had a coconspirator and identified that person, I could envision some type of plea deal for naming them. I've always thought RA had specific knowledge that Abby & Libby would be at the bridge at that time that day. RA arriving minutes before them, carrying a gun/knife and who knows what else in his fanny pack, walking with a purpose, head down, heading to the Monan High Bridge is just too coincidental for me.

I can't even begin to imagine what these families might want at this point other than justice for their daughters. It's been 7 long years. They may hope for a trial where they can get some answers or they may be so weary of the constant commotion and anxiety this case brought they'd be willing to consider one. IDK :(

MOO

It would appear I’m not the only one that feels the D are indeed ready for trial! Very much looking forward to seeing what the P has, OR doesn’t! What wrench will the P attempt to throw at the D now? Get ready Nick, it’s SHOW TIME!
I have every faith in the State's case. I still see it as what will the D attempt to throw at the P; both sides of the coin I guess. I'm just glad to see the D using their MST finally.

#Justice4Abby&ibby above all else.

MOO

I've been doing the Bridge Guy Rorschach test for too long. Is it pretty much a consensus that he is wearing a fanny pack, or is there still a question of whether that might be a hoodie tail? I thought for sure that was a pouch, but now I'm wondering.
Def looks like a fanny pack to me as well, but we've everything from baby goats to walking sticks over the years. I think that Fanny pack may have held a knife, rope or zip ties. I clearly see the outline of a gun in his right jacket pocket.

Just my take.

Possibly the white design comes from fabric made into a scarf. The white design is shown tucked a little further down inside his jacket. Maybe the scarf's black and white or dark blue and white. Didn't a witness say he had his face hidden? Wasn't BG overdressed for nice weather?

View attachment 488527
RA did admit in his Oct 2022 interview with LE that besides bluejeans, hoodie and blue jacket he may have been wearing a face scarf as well.

MOO

RA did admit in his Oct 2022 interview with LE that besides bluejeans, hoodie and blue jacket he may have been wearing a face scarf as well.

MOO
He knows, from when to when he was there in the area and that he saw 3 girls, but doesn't know exactly, if he was wearing a face scarf. He HAS to know, IMO. Or he had a face scarf putting up/putting down the whole time, then he doesn't know, whether it was up, when he was seen. So I assume.

3/8/2017
Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does. We have not ruled out the possibility that it is a local person. Every time we clear somebody it gets us closer. We are confident that somewhere in the tips we have valuable information and every time we can eliminate one we can move on to the next.”

4/13/17
Police collected a significant amount of evidence from the scene, but police aren't specifically saying what that evidence is. It's being analyzed, Leazenby said, and Carroll County sheriff's Detective Kevin Hammond said most of the evidence went to the Indiana State Police lab, but some went to the FBI lab.

“We’ve gotten some (analysis) back, but we can’t really discuss what we’ve gotten back,” Hammond said. “There’s a large amount of stuff to be tested.”

I think people are overly sure of what they’re seeing from quite poor quality image/footage. What sort of looks like a white object could just be glared reflections from a lighter coloured part of clothing. Anybody’s read on these points of contention are just as valid as anyone else’s.

more bluff/bluster than anything. Hoping to scare the perp into cracking and handing themselves in.

Didn’t work.
Agree, Carter tried to use interview room tactics on a stage. MOO made police look desperate.

New motion from Nick. It will be an interesting read, I'm sure.
03/07/2024Motion Filed
Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records. 3rd Request for Mental Health Records.pdf
Filed By: State of Indiana
File Stamp: 03/06/2024

It would appear I’m not the only one that feels the D are indeed ready for trial! Very much looking forward to seeing what the P has, OR doesn’t! What wrench will the P attempt to throw at the D now? Get ready Nick, it’s SHOW TIME!
From the video: JG has been granted permission to bring in other judges to hear her cases in Allen Co. so she can focus on the trial in Delphi.

So the speedy trial won't be a problem for her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member