Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beekarina and Pizza,
their school bell hours: Mon tues thurs fri are 9:28am-4:04pm. wed, 9:28-2:54pm

she never said she entered the school when she arrived to check for her. she does say she came back after riding around and the school was closed.

the school website: her school has a car pickup lane. and other protocols for orderly dismissal for walkers, bus riders and bikers.

the school specifically states they are not responsible for students who are dropped off 30 minutes prior to the bell. nor 30 minutes after dismissal.
makes me wonder if that statement is the reason SS supposedly dropped Maddy off so early and why JS was past 4:30 picking her up? good grief -- what did JS and SS think they might avoid by doing it like that?

Beekarina and Pizza,
their school bell hours: Mon tues thurs fri are 9:28am-4:04pm. wed, 9:28-2:54pm

she never said she entered the school when she arrived to check for her. she does say she came back after riding around and the school was closed.

the school website: her school has a car pickup lane. and other protocols for orderly dismissal for walkers, bus riders and bikers.

the school specifically states they are not responsible for students who are dropped off 30 minutes prior to the bell. nor 30 minutes after dismissal.
That makes sense. I wouldn't think the school would be responsible. I'd expert a parents to be responsible for dropping them off within the window of supervision/according to protocol. They said they dropped her off almost an hour early at 8:30 (which we now know is not true). I wonder if that was a regular time to drop her off and if so that's weird especially since the stepfather didn't seem to have a current day job...(plus if she was so tired as to sleep in the car, why wouldn't you just let her sleep longer at home then drop her off in the protocol time! such a dumb lie)

I wonder if JS took something to help her sleep. She may have been gone to the world if not involved.
makes me wonder if that statement is the reason SS supposedly dropped Maddy off so early and why JS was past 4:30 picking her up? good grief -- what did JS and SS think they might avoid by doing it like that?
Yes my thought exactly! There must have been some motive to lie about those times, unless those were her regular drop off/pick up hours (in which case, also odd to leave her regularly unsupervised like that).

This was probably already mentioned and I missed it while trying to catch up, but did JS or SS ever share how/when he learned of Maddie being missing? Did JS say something like "I called SS to see if she was back at home already" or "Then I called SS to let him know she was missing and he ____"?
I keep wondering about this, too, because wouldn't SS be your first call before calling the police, if he was supposed to drop her off at school and you were at work all day? I would immediately call him to verify he dropped her off and there wasn't some weird anomaly like she got sick on the ride to school and he took her back home and forgot to tell me or something. I feel like that would be a really reasonable and obvious step to take before calling 911, just to make sure I wasn't panicking for no reason.

I think they thought they were going to make a drug overdose / murder seem like a child abduction and point the investigators towards SODDI (some other dude did it). They figured they had a shot because HE had no prior criminal history and there should not have been a reason for them to look super hard at him given that fact. He anticipated they may want to see his phone, and he wiped it then handed it over thinking that they wouldn't get anything from it. I'm glad he didn't realize how much they'd be able to recover as he may otherwise have "lost" his phone in a swamp filled with gators!

I wonder what significance the body dump location had? Was that random or?

Has anyone seen this post, on the Reddit that might be SS?. Very creepy, if it is him

Sorry posting link must not work. It's a post from a while ago where the person using Sustinet name, mentions having to snoop on step daughters social media, as a cousin had told he and the mother that someone was trying to contact her on Roblox inappropriately

1470 SF, 4 BD, 3 BA. With that said, I'm thinking the bedrooms are on the small side as I have the same SF, but one less BR & BA.

I believe Master bdrm is on the 1st floor, other bedrooms upstairs

I keep wondering about this, too, because wouldn't SS be your first call before calling the police, if he was supposed to drop her off at school and you were at work all day? I would immediately call him to verify he dropped her off and there wasn't some weird anomaly like she got sick on the ride to school and he took her back home and forgot to tell me or something. I feel like that would be a really reasonable and obvious step to take before calling 911, just to make sure I wasn't panicking for no reason.

Yes!!!

Or given that he is your "boyfriend" and if I have followed all of this correctly, you were both(?) home together all day, especially, so you KNOW Maddie wasn't home sick....

WHY didn't she call him right away?? Like "Honey! MS isn't here, did she walk home? Did she call you? I'm going to go check my mom's office let me know if you hear from her, etc."

Perhaps she DID, but we haven't heard anything that indicates this, have we?

true police couldn't have helped Maddie at that point but the slow response time sure isn't going to sit well with that community, It isn't going to make anyone feel safe. As well, I didn't even think about her calling a non-emergency line, which would explain the gap, maybe being told to call back, if she still needs help. IDK? ( although she did say she called 911 didn't she?) Either way, I think someone's gonna have some explaining to do, even just to settle the nerves of the community.
IMO, it wasnt a slow response. she SAID she called 911 AFTER she confirmed Madeline was absent all day, after she drove around, checked her mom's place of business AND went back to a closed school. its likely she called and got voicemail. THEN, emailed the school.

so when did she email the school? was it from home, or via her phone? did she sit there and wait for an email response?

from the way she tells it, she did all these things and then called 911.

IMO, she was told to find out at minimum if she was at school at all. after all, she was not dropped off on the school property. did she say that on a 911 call? *well, we dropped her off 45 minutes before school started at a church parking lot and she walked?* right there, the parent did not see her daughter arrive at school because she wasnt dropped off at school.
Was SS with JS when she went to pick Maddie up in the afternoon or dd JS go alone then
she uses "I" for pickup only. for drop off, she uses 'we', but slips in BF drove Madeline. but then reverts back to we and us terminology. I did not hear her say we when picking up nor him. he is sticking with his role. drop off.

what I found alarming in the first interview is her response about what the search is entailing: she says, behind the school, a creek, a wooden path area, hiking path..she says they are going back there with canines/pieces of her clothing...taking their own vehicles going into the woods to search for her....then says: "I DONT FEEL LIKE THATS GOING TO FIND ANYTHING"

whatttttttttttttttttt?

why would she feel this search location was not NOT going to yield anything??? that was my big hmmmmm....

Mom lies to law enforcement about when she last saw her daughter, which is of course a crime. With just that information, one could still make the argument that she was just trying to protect her boyfriend.

Her behavior during this school pickup scenario however, puts her criminal involvement on a whole other level. This is an obvious delay tactic employed by someone who already knew a crime had taken place. I get the feeling there will be more solid evidence of this however.
Maybe there are camera's in Maddie's room.... Could've been a slip of the lip. Maybe she slipped up saying that. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sorry posting link must not work. It's a post from a while ago where the person using Sustinet name, mentions having to snoop on step daughters social media, as a cousin had told he and the mother that someone was trying to contact her on Roblox inappropriately
Yes, saw this and wondered if this is a true statement, is this when the abuse started. Basically, punishing MS by making her take pics. Moo

So, there's no mail delivery there, then they would have to get a PO Box at the post office? I'd snap, lol. I had to get a PO Box for a while b/c my teenage daughter was taking detention notices from school out of the mailbox. Don't recommend. It's a pain!
Now a days kids can’t really do that since everything is electronic.

IMO, it wasnt a slow response. she SAID she called 911 AFTER she confirmed Madeline was absent all day, after she drove around, checked her mom's place of business AND went back to a closed school. its likely she called and got voicemail. THEN, emailed the school.

so when did she email the school? was it from home, or via her phone? did she sit there and wait for an email response?

from the way she tells it, she did all these things and then called 911.

IMO, she was told to find out at minimum if she was at school at all. after all, she was not dropped off on the school property. did she say that on a 911 call? *well, we dropped her off 45 minutes before school started at a church parking lot and she walked?* right there, the parent did not see her daughter arrive at school because she wasnt dropped off at school.

she uses "I" for pickup only. for drop off, she uses 'we', but slips in BF drove Madeline. but then reverts back to we and us terminology. I did not hear her say we when picking up nor him. he is sticking with his role. drop off.

what I found alarming in the first interview is her response about what the search is entailing: she says, behind the school, a creek, a wooden path area, hiking path..she says they are going back there with canines/pieces of her clothing...taking their own vehicles going into the woods to search for her....then says: "I DONT FEEL LIKE THATS GOING TO FIND ANYTHING"

whatttttttttttttttttt?

why would she feel this search location was not NOT going to yield anything??? that was my big hmmmmm....
JS saying I think she was "Taken " blew me away. No emotion, like she was talking about the weather and I think she said it 2x. " Taken " as a mother that Horrifies me, I can't think of much worse than that. Much rather my child be lost in the woods, even injured from a fall. Anything but "taken" a 13 year old girl? And there was never a plea to the public, holding her photo, asking people to please look for her. We love her, we miss her and we Need to find her. I would be telling my kid if you can hear this We're looking for you, Mom will find you and bring you home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592