Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if
1) MS and JS both used to live at the grandmothers place before
1.1) only got the house they lived in because SS was around (could be different: money, work offers, friend owns it, etc)
1.2) JS got the place by herself at some timepoint for whatever reasons
2) MS used to live with grandmother instead of JS at some point
3) Grandmothers address was simply written on paperwork only, to "get" her into that exact school. (why did they want that exact school?) This is something people do in my country for good schools, but I don't know about the US.
1.1) I believe someone on WS posted the house is titled to JS’s dad.

add my question to your list. This wasn't just any birthday it was the first teen birthday, why not have it when Mom could attend? (not judging) just seems off to me.
Yes, and was SS at her party since they were "family" ?

You would think he would be, given JS and SS were referring to the Soto apartment as "home", even though it is VERY murky and confusing as to where exactly SS was living. (Seems to be he was still back with his parents.) JS refers to SS as her "partner" in the interviews, and he had been in Maddie's life for years.

I know Maddie's dad and stepmom lived in another state, so understand their absence.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Seems to me they made the point, for a reason, that she wasn't using her phone or computer that night. Said she went straight to bed. We all know that isn't typical behavior for a 13 year old"so happy " kid right after such a great birthday party. They were covering for why there is no activity on her electronics. She was already dead Sunday evening or night. They knew that LE would be checking activity on her phone and computer.
This is an excellent point.

As a parent, I also questioned this. Unless MS phone and devices were not allowed in her room--and I can understand reasons for this, especially with younger teens/tweens--HOW would JS/SS be so certain?

Two ways:

-MS had to handover her tech each night to JS, and get it back the next morning. If so, why did she have her school laptop and not her phone?

-JS/SS are flat out lying and MS was already deceased or incapacitated and not capable of communicating with anyone and one or both tried to wipe the phone, etc. and "oops, she;s so forgetful....left her phone here...Gee, maybe she lost it in the woods? WHo knows where it could be?"

I would have thought Madeline would have had her phone at her party and taken photos . I seems very strange that she was not excited to share these with others, especially her mother who missed the party.

Local news - nothing new but did bring up the lack of murder charges
The report last night has a timeline
Snipped
MARCH 1

During a news conference, Mina said investigators were “confident” that Soto was already dead, having been killed at her Kissimmee home before Sterns moved her body.
——-
Will post article to the media thread

Seems to me they made the point, for a reason, that she wasn't using her phone or computer that night. Said she went straight to bed. We all know that isn't typical behavior for a 13 year old"so happy " kid right after such a great birthday party. They were covering for why there is no activity on her electronics. She was already dead Sunday evening or night. They knew that LE would be checking activity on her phone and computer.
This is an astute and interesting perspective that had never dawned on me, but makes so much sense. And if the case…… then also consider the mother’s answers about why MS didn’t have her phone that next day…. ‘forgetful’…. medical condition….. etc. It is hard not to surmise that they each knew so much more about what happened? And the confusing answers would seem to be an attempt to deflect, mislead, or even maybe to gain more time before discovery? MOO

I think you have an extra comma at the end that's messing up the link. It works for me if you delete the comma.

If people haven’t read this exchange on Reddit, you really should because it is a window into SS.

The subject matter is one thing, but unbeknownst to SS he has revealed his true self.

His use of words and language tell me he thinks he’s better than everyone else. His opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. In fact he doesn’t like opposing opinions at all.

He gets called out for gaslighting and vehemently defends his position and declares he is not gaslighting.

He loves to belittle the person he’s talking with. Calls him a little man bringing in personal attacks and makes it incredibly personal.

His need to be right is revealed. He goes on and on. Won’t let up. As the exchange continues, the subject matter is nowhere to be seen. It’s all about SS being correct and when he can’t manipulate this guy he devolves into a blown out bullying attack. It becomes very personal. Somewhere the switch got flipped.

So many personality traits revealed. He’s a Gaslighter. He shows narcissistic behaviour. He’s a bully. Yup, he’s a bully. He’s a nobody in the grand scheme of things but the need to appear better than others and to be able to manipulate people is important to him. When that doesn’t work the temper tantrum shows up and away we go! Big words, opinions, etc.

Just another loser who chose to abuse and murder a young girl and he thinks he’s better than us.

MOO

Yes, and was SS at her party since they were "family" ?

You would think he would be, given JS and SS were referring to the Soto apartment as "home", even though it is VERY murky and confusing as to where exactly SS was living. (Seems to be he was still back with his parents.) JS refers to SS as her "partner" in the interviews, and he had been in Maddie's life for years.

I know Maddie's dad and stepmom lived in another state, so understand their absence.

Apologies if this has been answered already.
yes, affidavit says he picked her up. from where? IIRC, he had the same address? BF, partner and then he is elevated to stepfather in the affidavit narrative.

Snipped
MARCH 1

During a news conference, Mina said investigators were “confident” that Soto was already dead, having been killed at her Kissimmee home before Sterns moved her body.
——-
Thanks for pointing that out. I don’t remember Mina saying she was killed at her Kissimmee “home”. Only remember him saying he believes she was killed in Kissimmee.
A nuance; in fact, they’ve been very careful in their wording during pressers.
I need to go find the video and re-listen to it.
Wonder if it there was some journalistic freedom taken in paraphrasing what he said exactly, or an assumption.

if she was afraid, why didnt she go to the police and file a report in person and explain why she is afraid and/or suspicious and let them go bring him in? respectfully, I do not think she was afraid of him.

we do not know traditionally who took Madeline to school every day and picked her up. and whether the church was an occasional drop off for her or never a drop off. it really is irrelevant now because the story was fabricated.

I believe Grandma said on the ring camera interview that it was unusual for SS to take Maddie to school, same for her being dropped off at the church, she said JS always took her to school.
I don't have a link handy so take as MOO for now.

Snipped
MARCH 1

——-
And therefore he had to “pick her up”…literally

I believe Grandma said on the ring camera interview that it was unusual for SS to take Maddie to school, same for her being dropped off at the church, she said JS always took her to school.
I don't have a link handy so take as MOO for now.
I really wish we had JS's work hours. If she usually took Madeline to school for a 9:28 start and collected her at 4pm did she work reduced hours during the day . If she worked nights who looked after Madeline ? Or did her job allow her to work from home so she was able to do school runs?

when asked about her birthday in the first interview, the interviewer obviously knew sunday wasnt her birth date because she made a point to ask her if sunday was her actual birthday. JS said "that was the time WE WERE CELEBRATING, her birthday was on thursday, the 22nd, she just turned 13" . thats it, she did not say anything about celebrating on her actual day together.

and of course in this first interview she does not mention she wasnt at her birthday celebration on sunday. she added that in the second media interview....'she had to work'.
Questioning again. Does anyone know what JS does for work?

Snipped
MARCH 1

——-
“Having been killed” means it wasn’t suicide or natural causes.

Still wondering when and who was there. I’m surprised JS is still free, I would think she would be a suicide or flight risk

What a crazy mystery this is.

I have no link but one suggestion I have is she worked for Disney selling vacations. I would be interested if others had different suggestions.
Thanks. That is similar to what I thought I had previously read. But I also thought that she worked from home. Selling vacations via remote work....on a Sunday? During your daughter's first teenage b-day party? Um no.

Thanks. That is similar to what I thought I had previously read. But I also thought that she worked from home. Selling vacations via remote work....on a Sunday? During your daughter's first teenage b-day party? Um no.
Would some one work nights selling vacations? I would have thought there would be people selling vacations in various locations and time zones .

Complete hearsay, so MOO and not presented as fact, I think she may possibly work as a concierge in one of Disney resort hotels, possibly Coronado Springs.
Again, though it's MOO and not fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member