TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

That’s a possibility I’ve also considered, with embarrassment preventing him from fessing up — yet as his Dad said, he’d signed onto a new lease and made preparations for the next day — unless it was to throw off the scent.

But it’s true that in sudden vanishings, the sole possibilities have to be accidental or intentional foul play, homicide, suicide.
Not only the shame, but you have to make the state whole for all that was spent trying to find you. It could be a lot of money.

I remember with the Nicole Lovell case, the FBI was able to get cooperation from the messaging app Kik in order to access Nicole and DE’’s messages. The app cooperated immediately, I guess since she was a child. I guess Caleb is not considered Missing- Endangered at this point? That could maybe speed things up?

“Through cooperation between the FBI and KIK, which is headquartered in Canada, investigators were able to find a suspect in Nicole's disappearance.”

“A special agent with the FBI filed an emergency disclosure request for the login history and records of Lovell's account, "

“ Warrants reveal that KIK supplied the IP addresses and messaging history for Lovell's account from Jan. 25th to Jan. 27th.

From those records, the FBI said that the last digital connection from Lovell's phone
Warrants also show that on the 29th, Lovell's mom provided written consent for KIK to provide all account information for Lovell's account to the FBI. KIK obliged on the 29th.
Also on the 29th, KIK responded to another FBI request to see the IP addresses and account information for a second account, "David A," who Nicole was speaking with often on the forum.”

Y'all have a wrong take on how much companies are willing to assist LE. There's some that make things difficult, but not all of them.

The issue is that they don’t have his phone, which is likely how any hookup would have been arranged. This means that any accounts/apps he used may be more difficult to locate.

This is something they would likely keep quiet, as there’s really no benefit of informing the public in that regard.

I realize the information we’ve heard doesn’t go in that direction, which is why I initially was not a fan of the hookup theory at all.

I believe there is evidence that Caleb engaged in that activity though, which is why my opinion has dramatically changed.
Not having the physical phone in their hands doesn't get in the way of the investigation.

That crossed my mind also, that it was like directions, but now that you mention the random text to the old friend, what if that was accidental? What if the person he met has the same first name? (Autopopulated names like the email in the Delphi case. ( allegedly ;) ) IDK just a thought b/c he also sent his sister a snapchat video.
Missing for a month: Family of Caleb Harris hosts vigils in New Braunfels, Corpus Christi
He sent a video of him walking a puppy to his sister.

Unless he had another account that didn’t have his dad’s name on it.
Maybe, but his father said that Caleb didn't have a job, his parents didn't want him to have to work while at the university, they wanted him to focus on his studies and be able to graduate in a timely manner. So they were willing to pay all the bills, and having a joint account facilitated that.

IMO, it's time for a press conference. If LE doesn't address the social media stuff, fine. That's not their job. But I want to know what all LE has done to determine who was in the area at the time of CH's disappearance. Is there surveillance video of the bridge? Has there been any effort to geofence for phone pings? Do they know how many cars/phones passed through the area between say, 2:30 and 4 that night?
Geofencing was probably one of the first things they did. Given the amount of people living in such proximity, it'd be a lot of data to process. It isn't as quick as it seems in a case like that.

Hi - I've been catching up on this case and am wondering what I missed where it was stated that CH was seeking a gay hookup? Is this speculation, stemming from a theory that he was outside at 3 a.m. to meet a hookup solicited from a social app (or known partner)? I might have missed a link to a news source, to be fair.
This stems from a post on Reddit which hasn't been officially confirmed to be his, so we can't link it here.

He sent a video of him walking a puppy to his sister.
Thank you, I could only find that it was a Snapchat video. well then you never know, could've been accidental. Was it only a picture with no text/ I'm curious about what was identifiable in that snap sent to the old friend that made him certain it was Caleb who sent it.

Last edited:
Ok so here is a statement from the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. "Detectives have written 16 electronic search warrants, submitted more than 70 preservation requests and issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data"

Id like to discuss this for a moment and get your input. I am in the camp that he left willingly. Hypothetically, if I were to be abducted, there would be absolutely nothing on my laptop, desktop, and cell phone (other than my location) that would help them find me. Granted the electronic data could also be cameras etc. However, hypothetically, if I were to leave on my own at 3am, there would be a need to preserve websites I visited, social media conversations, past cell phone pings, in order to see if I left digital clues behind as to my whereabouts.

Do yall remember that girl in Alabama who claimed she was abducted? There were so many digital footprints she left behind from her employer (where they found she was stealing), to her going to Target to buy snacks, and then she looked up words like amber alert and bus tickets and used words like missing in her internet search. Law Enforcement quickly put everything together and saw how it was a hoax.

My point is, it doesn't add up to me to walk a dog, bring the dog back in, order uber eats no contact delivery, then walk from his apartment out the gate of the apartment complex far enough to take a picture of that bridge and then poof was abducted. I dunno..... just thinking outloud.
BBM
I wanna direct your attention to how much (in quantity) data this could be. It could be an awful lot, like really really so much data you could drown in it.
It doesn't surprise me that LE is taking their time. Maybe they're processing all of it carefully to cross their T's and dot their I's.

[snipped for focus]
I agree completely - especially with this. I think everything he did was typical and logical, right up until the moment he wasn't able to return home to continue his day as planned.

Mackenzie Lueck comes to mind for me, though I'd be happy & relieved if this turned out to be more of a Carlee Russell situation and Caleb is just confused and hiding somewhere safe.
where can you hide for a month with no $ and be "safe?"

Could it be a lover that the family would not approve of? Maybe this person has means and can foot the bill. Just throwing it out there and not really believing that is what is happening.
Yeah. It’s just such a big case in terms of law enforcement and media involvement, that I just don’t see that as a legitimate option.

That sort of thing happens, but just not like this.

This is such a weird one though that who the hell knows.

Well hell, how much are 2 Lunchables and a Red Bull.? Budget shot in one fell swoop. :)
IF it came from his weekly allowance. However, Dad knew about it, so I'm guessing Dad approved and paid. I'd guess the $20 is walking around cash with parents furnishing food, the apartment, clothing, the vehicle, gas and maintenance -- all essentials.

Yeah. It’s just such a big case in terms of law enforcement and media involvement, that I just don’t see that as a legitimate option.

That sort of thing happens, but just not like this.

This is such a weird one though that who the hell knows.
Weird indeed. I do feel like the parents may be holding something in-either they don’t want to be embarrassed or they don’t want people to talk-especially on the chance that Caleb does appear. Not likely, IMO.

Weird indeed. I do feel like the parents may be holding something in-either they don’t want to be embarrassed or they don’t want people to talk-especially on the chance that Caleb does appear. Not likely, IMO.
I’ve had that impression from the beginning; there’s something other people know that we do not.

Initially, I thought that explained some voluntary act, but I don’t feel that way anymore.

I don’t think he’s missing because he wants to be.

IMHO
$20 a week in spending money for a college student is ridonculous.
I got $20 a week in allowance (pocket money in high school in the late 1970s)
He must have had money from previous summer jobs or his movie theater job somewhere.
He couldn’t pay for 2 lunchables, one Red Bull and a piece of pie much less night crawlers/ worms and a fishing trip on $20- that’s laughable!!!
He must have had his own money somewhere.
If not it makes sense that he needed a certain side hustle.

Well hell, how much are 2 Lunchables and a Red Bull.? Budget shot in one fell swoop. :)

Yup. That, delivery fee and tip, and you’re probably approaching $20 quick.
laugh.gif
It feels nice to find something to laugh about, amidst this worrisome case.

My guess would be he used credit and or debit cards connected to his parents’ account for a lot of purchases, with the $20 being for cash incidentals. Still sounds low to me, but then I guess many people rarely use cash now?

laugh.gif
It feels nice to find something to laugh about, amidst this worrisome case.

My guess would be he used credit andor debit cards connected to his parents’ account for a lot of purchases, with the $20 was for cash incidentals. Still sounds low to me, but then I guess many people rarely use cash now?
I know I feel weird when I carry cash, and I’m not in my 20s anymore. It’s quickly becoming a thing of the past, especially for his generation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back