OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With such a contentious custody battle going on I am shocked that no one thought that an abandoned gas station in the middle of nowhere might not be a safe place to make an exchange. Perhaps there should be a requirement for public location custody exchanges when one is embroiled in a custody battle. People can get very emotional and do stupid things in these situations. moo

abandoned gas station
At the time that the visitation terms (exchange of children) were ordered (?), was there possibly a viable business located there? Early on, in this case, I saw/heard reference to "The Trading Post," (possibly) at the location that subsequently closed down, at some point.

Has the "butcher" thing been confirmed? I've heard one of them owns a cattle company, but that's not the same thing as a "butcher" in my mind.
In most cases, ranchers have the knowledge and ability to process their stock for personal consumption. Just like a hunter knows how to dress a deer. The meat is for their own, not for sale to the public. Public sale requires certification and is subject to USDA stds.

With such a contentious custody battle going on I am shocked that no one thought that an abandoned gas station in the middle of nowhere might not be a safe place to make an exchange. Perhaps there should be a requirement for public location custody exchanges when one is embroiled in a custody battle. People can get very emotional and do stupid things in these situations. moo

abandoned gas station
MOO This was a planned murder. Often the contentiousness is first and total, getting away with it takes backseat in planning.

Veronica was telling them that dad was abusive for years. All dismissed. She wanted law enforcement there for handoffs. She was scared. The court claims it wasn't needed anymore. Obviously, they should have listened to her. Abusers come from abusers. This is not a surprising outcome. I hope nobody in that family ever has access to those children again. MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

What’s even worse, this is MOO, but I have a hunch the only reason the grandmother wanted custody over the children was likely for her own gain—perhaps state benefits $ or worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt as though the women were no longer here but let myself believe they were disposed of (apologizing in advance-gruesome) intact and well hidden. Now I am not so sure. Dismemberment may be possible (Hard time even typing that). I would like to think as evil as the four “not so young and restless” are, and for the kids’ sake, I hope they did not go that route. But OMG, if they did….Epitome of evil.
Bolding mine.
Absolutely.
I, too, am hoping for preserved evidence.
Although (sorry to type it) 'dismembered' remains would be enough evidence by itself !!
Omo.

McAlester Oklahoma

Former Okie here. The women will probably end up at Mabel Bassett Corrections Center in McCloud, OK. It has the women's death row facility.

Yes, so many people affected.

I would add prayers for the Twombly children. They will likely face cruel remarks from other children and will have to come to terms with how their parents, whom they presumably loved and trusted, could do such terrible things.

A woman I knew hired a hit man to kill her husband. It was successful. She was closer to an acquaintance than a friend, but it messed with my head for several years (trying to understand how I could not have seen she would be capable of doing something like that, realizing we can't always see people's true nature and then not trusting people as easily). I can't imagine how children can process something like this.

Veronica's children have both lost their mother (presumably) and will have to deal with their grandmother having done it.

Jilian's children at least have the knowledge that she died helping someone, though they of course have the trauma of losing their mother.

And all of these children, as well as children in the area who are aware of this case, have lost some of their innocence.

Such a senseless, horrible crime.
I wonder how much the two children know and what T may have told them.

In most cases, ranchers have the knowledge and ability to process their stock for personal consumption. Just like a hunter knows how to dress a deer. The meat is for their own, not for sale to the public. Public sale requires certification and is subject to USDA stds.
This is what I think happened. TA knew CT COULD do this. Even if he just helped with the killing...they still could have buried them on any of their massive land holdings.

Look for the helpers. The wonderful Fred Rogers often talked about how when he saw scary things on the news, his mother would tell him to look for the helpers, because there are always people who are helping. That may be the best thing we can do as parents: help our children look for the helpers. In all of the recent tragedies, as in all tragedies, there were so many helpers and heroes. When we concentrate on those people, not only do we give our children hope, but we may empower them to one day be helpers too. *brings so many happy memories of my kids watching him

What’s even worse, this is MOO, but I have a hunch the only reason the grandmother wanted custody over the children was likely for her own gain—perhaps state benefits $ or worse.
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped> ... IMO, this was 1000% about control.
If she hadn't been popped for the murders, Tifany would have eventually sought full-custody, icing out her own son. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it goes - children are 9 and 6 years of age. At that age usually grandma’s have some influence.
Feb, 2017 child’s father initiated shared custody. Instead the Court awarded VB full custody, child’s father given visitation rights.
- Then in 2021 Child’s father appealed, requesting joint custody in the best interests of the children.
- VB did not file an Answer Brief to the appeal, appeal proceeded on the basis of child’s father Brief only.
- Appeals Court reversed custody decision and remanded it to the lower court “with instructions to enter into a shared custody arrangement”.

Then what happened? How did it come to pass that VB’s visits with her children were required to be supervised, meanwhile the child’s father (who appeared only to have wanted joint custody) spiralled downward out of control, requiring rehab. Who had custody? Couldn’t have been the father. Grandma?

The past is the past but whatever occurred, the seeds were planted resulting in both VB and JK having to drive to pick up the children to celebrate a birthday the fateful day they were murdered.
And sadly, the loss of a mother is what these children will vividly remember around this time of the year. I will continue to wonder what these killers think is going to be the final outcome? You are going to be caught! Destroying lives for absolutely no reason.

Tammy didn't do this for those kids. Nothing as far as custody of the kids was done for them. Everything was done to meet her own selfish needs.

There are so many kids who have lost parents to senseless acts of violence. I'm praying for them today. Praying they experience healing, comfort, strength, and a life of love and abundance.

I think she COVETED them....
So much drama came with this woman....4-5 husbands, proven paternity case with her daughter,. AND that's only the public records!!!
I think she just knew she had total control with littlins.

Look for the helpers. The wonderful Fred Rogers often talked about how when he saw scary things on the news, his mother would tell him to look for the helpers, because there are always people who are helping. That may be the best thing we can do as parents: help our children look for the helpers. In all of the recent tragedies, as in all tragedies, there were so many helpers and heroes. When we concentrate on those people, not only do we give our children hope, but we may empower them to one day be helpers too. *brings so many happy memories of my kids watching him

I love this. Look for the helpers. Managing feelings. Kids need to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti