OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think taking the children would have been a big mistake. It would have tipped them off that LE were onto them good. I think they did the best thing. It brings the Patrick Frazee case to mind. They left the baby with him and Mommy Dearest and played him like a fiddle. Kelsey’s mom was such a courageous woman.
I agree with you. My thought process was more so along the lines of telling TA that it’s just a precaution, she’s a great care taker, they think she would absolutely be the best protector for the kids, etc.

It’s all how you T that up.

Making her feel like they trust her, but also saying taking the kids means they are protecting HER as well, because the killer is on the loose. Telling her if this was revenge on VB the kids and TA (as their caretaker) could also be in danger.

When you sell it that way, you play on her ego, you put her even more at ease that she isn’t a suspect at all.

Where they beaten to death with a hammer? Sounds like they drug the bodies from the car to the road and threw them in the truck.
My .02 was the hammer may have been used to break a window ?
Also, were two vehicles used to block the victim's car from being able to try to drive quickly & escape ?
I.e., the Twombly's in one car and Tifany and Tad in another car ?
To injure/kill them right at the scene was so brazen.
As if leaving behind blood evidence isn't going to point LE right towards a crime happening vs. the two of them voluntarily leaving.
Omo.

Newsnation now:

They have the affidavits in the case, that have all kinds of new information about the suspects and their actions. Custody battle is linked to the murders.

Grandma was at the heart of it. Wow, we’re going to be learning much more than I imagined. Daughter of the Twombley’s played a major role in blowing this open. Parents weren’t home that morning, had told daughter they were going on a mission. Made her clean up pickup when they returned. Jillian had a firearm in her purse which wasn’t recovered.

Apparently grandma told her son in February that the custody battle won’t be an issue much longer.

Court ordered supervisor was available but Grandma gave her time off and lied about it (sounds like).

Much more but I don’t want to get it wrong.
Wow and great summary etc. Thanks! Has it been confirmed yet whether I believe the driver’s side window was shot / broken from inside or out?

Depending on how that unfolded, and with her firearm missing, wonder if perhaps JK might have gotten a shot off as it unfolded?

So sad…… MOO

ETA - seeing MassGuy post #316 now. Alternatively maybe that hammer was first used to break vehicle window?

Last edited:
IMO, it sounds like all four of them were in on this from the get-go. A plan hatched together - not just grandma forcing others to do her bidding.
Agreed.
Like-minded people.
Scary thought !

Watch them sing a different tune now. :rolleyes:
They might say, they were 'forced' or 'threatened', and would never have done this otherwise !
Omo.

Newsnation now:

They have the affidavits in the case, that have all kinds of new information about the suspects and their actions. Custody battle is linked to the murders.

Grandma was at the heart of it. Wow, we’re going to be learning much more than I imagined. Daughter of the Twombley’s played a major role in blowing this open. Parents weren’t home that morning, had told daughter they were going on a mission. Made her clean up pickup when they returned. Jillian had a firearm in her purse which wasn’t recovered.

Apparently grandma told her son in February that the custody battle won’t be an issue much longer.

Court ordered supervisor was available but Grandma gave her time off and lied about it (sounds like).

Much more but I don’t want to get it wrong.
dbm

Tad Cullum is 43? I thought he was at least in his mid 60s given that mugshot.
Scour around fb.... and he sure as heck look a helluva lot better not so long ago.....

The daughter said Cora, Cole, Adams, Cullum and Paul Grice were part of an anti-government group that had a religious affiliation.

Through OSBI investigation, it was learned that they call their group God’s Misfits. Regular meetings are held weekly.

When the daughter asked what happened, she was told “that things did not go as planned, but that they would not have to worry about her (Butler) again.”

The daughter asked about Kelley and why she had to die “and was told by Cora that she wasn’t innocent either, as she had supported Butler.”

The daughter asked Cora “if their bodies were put in a well, and Cora replied, ‘something like that.’”

The daughter also disclosed that other attempts to kill Butler occurred during February of 2024 near Hugoton, Kansas, in which Adams, Cullum, Cole, Cora and Grice went to Hugoton, but Butler did not leave her residence.

The daughter said “the plan was to throw an anvil through Butler’s windshield while driving, make it look like an accident because anvils regularly fall off of work vehicles.”

Last edited:
I can’t decide whether TA thought:
1) people would never suspect her and she would never get caught
2) everyone would know but law enforcement would never arrest her for it. Untouchable.
3) she knew she’d get caught but for some miraculous reason she thought the court would give custody to WR so it was some kamikaze mission to keep the kids with the paternal family.
All of the above.

MOO

My .02 was the hammer may have been used to break a window ?
Also, were two vehicles used to block the victim's car from being able to try to drive quickly & escape ?
I.e., the Twombly's in one car and Tifany and Tad in another car ?
To injure/kill them right at the scene was so brazen.
As if leaving behind blood evidence isn't going to point LE right towards a crime happening vs. the two of them voluntarily leaving.
Omo.
Breaking glass wouldn’t cause the handle to break off a hammer. The victims were beaten with it.

I wonder if the hammer was actually in the car with the women as another form of protection?

I guess I don't picture these group of 4 planning to abduct these 2 women with a hammer. I guess it's possible it was just in one of their vehicles because they have farms/ranches and might have tools in their trucks. I picture them more of the firearms and knives types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HorrorSoup