Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still requires a warrant establishing probable cause. In this case it would most likely be easy for investigators to get the warrant if they have something to show the judge, but they are not able to go around grabbing DNA even from trash unless it is established by a judge that there is a reason for it.
I think that they can "grab" any item that has been disposed of in a public place. At least, that's what I have seen on CTV. :)

Here is a link that discusses "abandoned DNA." I think that it begins on page 7.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/lawreview/v100/n2/857/LR100n2Joh.pdf

When Dimples did the search it was pretty specific and I don't think she got a thousand posibilities back. Smart LE don't go and haul people in anymore. If anything they'll get his DNA off of something and test it without him even knowing it's been done.
I admire dimples! She did what police do. They take the information and use it to narrow the field of suspects. I am just happy that dimples shared what she was doing with us. Those posters who are being judgmental and petty will discourage some from sharing with us. Just know there are those of us who are grateful for your efforts.

I truly think the guy lives in that area. I just can't see someone coming from out of town and targeting the same area. What about traffic cams and web cams? You would think there would be lots of cameras around the University.

Don't we have someone local who is posting on here?

Oh they can so get DNA from various sources. I am not talking about DNA that will be used to file charges. Good grief, I am talking about DNA to clear someone before they put them under a microscope. And yes, it's alot less time consuming and less legally liable to do it this way. LE does do it that way.

I, for one, didn't intend to come across as judgmental at all. Please keep in mind that people have been threatened with lawsuits for making false accusations, slander, etc. on websites such as these. Our anonymity is not as protected as you might think when lawyers get involved. So when anyone actually takes the step to turn someone into the police without much solid evidence, I worry about that. And this guy's life could be ruined by the news media alone...I hope I'm entitled to my opinion.

Anyway, I've been on crime boards for many years and this seems to happen when we haven't gotten any news for a few days...we start discussing each other...I didn't mean my comments to be directed at anyone in particular, and I know everyone's intentions are pure, I'm just trying to make a point to not to have such high expectations about the outcome. Now, hope to get back to discussing the case...

Slander who? I haven't seen a name printed or posted by anyone here.

What is the area at the end of College Drive to the west? It looks like some kind of a pit. Is it like a Quarry or something like that?! It is located between Citadel Way and Grandview Avenue...straight shot from the Mackay Court house and 2 minutes from the Virginia Street address. The victim said he only drove 3-4 minutes away.

The tip has already been turned into police. So agree or disagree, it doesn't make a difference anymore. Let's all stop whipping a dead horse and get back to the important reason this thread was created.

Brianna.

Calling a tipline with any tip or info you'd like to share with LE seems the prudent way to go. Then the tip or info is in their hands where all the info needs to be. It's why they have tip lines lol no need to call with every idea, dream or what if but when you have something you think LE should look at then I think the tip line is the way to go.

A myspace profile that "fits" within the parameters of what LE says they are looking for?? Fair game. Call it in and be done. LEA are into myspace and facebook these days. They gotta be! We're just doing our thing and trying to figure out what LE has evidence wise and how that could fit into all these dif scenarios. :)

Just for the record.....nobody made a "false accusation" about the myspace guy. I never heard anyone say HE DID IT! Alot of things seemed to match and it's just a tip. Myspace is a public thing,and it's out there for judgement calls.

We are all getting stressed becuase it's been too many days of a gorgeous missing young lady. :(

Howcome after I post....there's this loooooooooooong gap before people post again? (paranoid).

OK Did anyone notice my post on the "pit area"?! I would like to know what that place is and if people would be around it during the wee hours. Anyone?

What is the area at the end of College Drive to the west? It looks like some kind of a pit. Is it like a Quarry or something like that?! It is located between Citadel Way and Grandview Avenue...straight shot from the Mackay Court house and 2 minutes from the Virginia Street address. The victim said he only drove 3-4 minutes away.
In case you missed it! :)

OK Did anyone notice my post on the "pit area"?! I would like to know what that place is and if people would be around it during the wee hours. Anyone?

I did see your post and that's interesting. And since I don't have the answer, I'm waiting anxiously for someone who does. lol.

If you hadn't said that...they would have thought I was joking. LOL

Suzi~ It would be a logical place for him to go if it is secluded at night and has no cameras. I thought about the university, but you have the problem with cameras and security there. He would not have gone there, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow