Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
cloudajo,
That is interesting.
Personally, I don't think a young kid or a teen would shoot the girls as many times as they were shot. Know what I mean? I think a kid would shoot once or twice, get scared and run. I also don't think a kid would have the guts -for lack of a better term--to shoot the girls under the chin, at close range.
Anyone heard anything about forensics besides most won't be ready for weeks?

Has LE revealed how far away the shooter was from the girls? Can someone tell me if they were shot with a handgun or a rifle? TIA

sadly, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if the shooter was a kid (11, 12, 13 yrs old)

I hope they are putting the squeeze on the boy's parents if this is true. If the NA man was not involved, I hope he's not laying dead somewhere and his truck hidden.

:eek: Good point txsvicki. Someone could have taken things into their own hands without knowing if they had the right guy.

sadly, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if the shooter was a kid (11, 12, 13 yrs old)

close_enough,
I hope not. I suppose that could happen, especially in this day and time when sadly, crime is practically a sport. :(

Has LE revealed how far away the shooter was from the girls? Can someone tell me if they were shot with a handgun or a rifle? TIA
No, they haven't philamena, that will probably be determined by Forensic experts.

They haven't released info. on what caliber casing they found either, may be a small caliber rifle like a .22 and a handgun, just dunno.

Very well could be close. It could have been kids driving a truck and kids riding in the back of a truck who did the shooting

I totally agree and have felt revenge from another child/teen/early twenties all along. Young people are capable of horrendous crimes as we see in the news all the time.

No, they haven't philamena, that will probably be determined by Forensic experts.

They haven't released info. on what caliber casing they found either, may be a small caliber rifle like a .22 and a handgun, just dunno.
Tom'sGirl,
Thanks so much for the info.

My conclusion, so far:

It seems like it had to be two different shooters. That is, if the girls weren't tied up, and they were both shot in the front part of their heads.

Otherwise if it was just one shooter, both of the girls wouldn't have been shot in the chest & facial area. After the first girl was shot by the 'supposed' lone gunman (if the girls were just walking along the road), the 2nd girl would have screamed 'bloody murder' at the top of her lungs, and run like hell. At that point you couldn't shoot her in the chest & face anymore. Maybe in the back, or the back of her head as she was running. But then her body would have been found many yards away from her friend's, which it wasn't.

Nope, it seems like the girls were ambushed head-on in a lightning-like strike by 2 cold-blooded murderers.

By the way, the stories say the girls were shot in the head. But I don't think any of the reports so far have said what part of the head. Front, back, side? (Except maybe one was shot under her chin?)

Anybody know? :confused:

My conclusion, so far:

It seems like it had to be two different shooters. That is, if the girls weren't tied up, and they were both shot in the front part of their heads.

Otherwise if it was just one shooter, both of the girls wouldn't have been shot in the chest & facial area. After the first girl was shot by the 'supposed' lone gunman (if the girls were just walking along the road), the 2nd girl would have screamed 'bloody murder' at the top of her lungs, and run like hell. At that point you couldn't shoot her in the chest & face anymore. Maybe in the back, or the back of her head as she was running. But then her body would have been found many yards away from her friend's, which it wasn't.

Nope, it seems like the girls were ambushed head-on in a lightning-like strike by 2 cold-blooded murderers.

By the way, the stories say the girls were shot in the head. But I don't think any of the reports so far have said what part of the head. Front, back, side? (Except maybe one was shot under her chin?)

Anybody know? :confused:
The girls, who were best friends, were shot a number of times in the head and chest with weapons of two different calibers, leading authorities to think two gunmen were involved.
http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/662917.html

Welcome Victor.
The OSBI said the girls were shot in the head. One of the grandma's said the girls were shot under the chin with the bullet exiting through the back of the head.

Welcome Victor.
The OSBI said the girls were shot in the head. One of the grandma's said the girls were shot under the chin with the bullet exiting through the back of the head.

Welcome Victor. These girls had no chance to run.

I do not believe it will be a teenager or random killing. Everything here points to a professional hit - IMO. Under the chin? Jeez. I also do not believe the POI is the actual killer. This was a "country" road, but there seems to have been a lot of traffic on that road. Anyone familiar with the area would have known that. Honestly don't kinow what to think here. My heart goes out to the families. Poor little babies. Whatever happened, they did absolutely nothing wrong - ever at all.

I'm not sure the grandmother was correct with her 'under the chin' comment. Also, the way the ear witnesses have described the gun fire, it seems like one shooter.

Welcome Victor.

and KR2TONENOW wrote:

"Welcome Victor. These girls had no chance to run."

Thanks for the inputs. Both of which confirm my above deductions, which point to 2 killers.

I'm not sure the grandmother was correct with her 'under the chin' comment. Also, the way the ear witnesses have described the gun fire, it seems like one shooter.

Maybe, but have you noticed that was the last interview by anyone in Skyla's family. Also the MySpace page for the McDonald's person stated there is more that happened but she would not say more because LE have not given more information. I believe there were injuries that have not been made public and there is more to this than we are aware of.

If the boy who one of the girls got into trouble threatened to kill is the one who ran away, and is the one that "isn't so easy to find" he may not be a young teen. If the parents won't turn him in as a runaway then he could be around age 17, but still considered a minor. If a kid that age hung around the bridge and maybe at school offering drugs, doing drugs and causing trouble he could be a sociopath and capable of shooting someone. Usually those types get into trouble and go on a rampage at the school, but this could be different. This scenario could also account for someone knowing the girls recent habits, possibly even a few phone calls with others who unknowingly told him their plans to go walking. I hope we hear something this week and I hope the NA man is cleared, because I'm also one who wasn't so sure that he did it. I thought he was waiting there for someone to bring something stolen to him that he needed, which could still be possible, and even involving this boy.

Please may we have a forum for this case? Pleeese?

I believe that the girls were going to tell on someone for something criminal, i.e. molestation or other criminal activity. Taylor wanted to be a forensic scientist and was a member of SWAT thus appeared to be a proactive and responsible member of her community and would go to the authorities or a trusted adult if she had information and the perp knew this and was angry and wanted to silence them.

NewsOK - Mon, Jun 23rd
Investigators still tracking leads in girls' killing

WELEETKA -- Authorities say they have plenty of leads but no new developments in the slayings two weeks ago of two young girls on along a back country road near Weleetka.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Sunday investigators are still working leads in the killings of 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker.

Brown said OSBI agents spent the weekend re-canvassing the area where the girls bodies were found.

Brown says a sketch produced of a possible witness has led to dozens of leads, but they still haven't identified the man.

http://newsok.com/investigators-still-tracking-leads-in-girls-killing/article/3260988/?tm=1214216342

Good Morning. I turned in early last night and must say you all have been busy since then.

On the classmate...

The girls were in grades 5 and 6. Knowing how kids (even boys) gossip, I think classmates would have been tattling all over about another kids in their class. Then, too, I just don't see an adult helping a kid take out two girls, although stranger things have happened. I think OSBI is correct to focus on the adult male near the scene, but this guy most likely isn't local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gknows