Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby happened by while this was on my screen - poor man. He never questions anymore. I once had to get him to click off a picture in the Darlie case (I wasn't expecting to see a dead little boy).

DS (my dad was a captain in the Alabama Prison System - My Mom was an account payables Clerk at Limestone Correctional Athens, AL) I would love to hear why you think she was held too.

ok, i couldn't help but laugh at this....picturing it in my head:crazy:

While listening to the O'Reilly Factor, I have to wonder why on earth aren't the children that live in homes with SO's interviewed during the so called rehab process? Perhaps if that was in place AR would have said something and none of this would have ever happened. But I personally don't believe in rehab for pedo's.

IIRC, someone posted info on the house and it was in both MJ and DJ's name. Also, built on his family's land. In the photo section there are pictures.
Seems MJs granparents owned alot of land in that area.

But maybe overextended. Who knows?

In Norway, MJ or family would have to pay, even if it meant garnishing all future wages and all assets.

Thats the way it needs to be done in the USA too, petra!!!:blowkiss:

Her cousin is murdered and how does she process that compared to being told her cousin was being intiated into Breckenridge that day? Sexual abuse and control she will understand in a few months..murder and her role in helping get her to the site..that's going to be even tougher for her to comprehend and come of out on the other side whole and functional.
I hesitate to say this because the implications are so chilling, but her story to the state police about Brooke being initiated into Breckenridge may have also been a lie. AR may have been aware that Brooke was going to be killed. In one of her emails she mentioned wanting to see her "suffer", and there was that peculiar passage about who would "have time" with Brooke, and how much. Why would time have been an issue if she was to remain alive?

Jacques may have planted in AR's mind the fear that something terrible would happen were Brooke to remain alive.

While listening to the O'Reilly Factor, I have to wonder why on earth aren't the children that live in homes with SO's interviewed during the so called rehab process? Perhaps if that was in place AR would have said something and none of this would have ever happened. But I personally don't believe in rehab for pedo's.

Even if that interview had taken place, the control over the children is such that never would the truth come out. These kids fear for their very well being. They have a zone that is comfortable for them... its safe. Any thing from an outsider is going to disrupt their life. They've been programed that way.

Even if that interview had taken place, the control over the children is such that never would the truth come out. These kids fear for their very well being. They have a zone that is comfortable for them... its safe. Any thing from an outsider is going to disrupt their life. They've been programed that way.

quite possibly true in most cases, but trained experts could at least have the opportunity to look for signs of abuse. it also provides a regular wake-up call for people like the mother of AR in this case, where she obviously fooled herself into ignoring warning signs, with mandatory regular counseling/interviews maybe she is forced to be more aware and honest with herself about the situation and the danger.

father made this whole sordid tale up just so he could have sex with her

Lil Jim

Let's be clear...this man is in no way a father...he never was...never will be. (JMO)

BTW- he is not AR's biologival for anyone new to reading the boards.

thanx for the link to the o'reilly piece, i dont usually like his style but he couldnt more right on this point.

I believe the people of Vermont love their children and want to see a change. Although this tragedy happened to Brooke, maybe her death will be the change that Vermont needed and it won't be in vain.

father made this whole sordid tale up just so he could have sex with her

Lil Jim

Let's be clear...this man is in no way a father...he never was...never will be. (JMO)

BTW- he is not AR's biologival for anyone new to reading the boards.

i certainly dont consider him a father, i was looking at it from her perspective and using her words. she calls him dad, and refers to him as her father. so it seems clear in AR's world this man was her father.

you and I know different, but i was just taking her perspective to make a point as to how difficult it must be for her to realize the truth of what has been happening to her.

edit - and yes, for anyone that is uncertain - MJ is not this girls biological father, he is her stepfather.

quite possibly true in most cases, but trained experts could at least have the opportunity to look for signs of abuse. it also provides a regular wake-up call for people like the mother of AR in this case, where she obviously fooled herself into ignoring warning signs, with mandatory regular counseling/interviews maybe she is forced to be more aware and honest with herself about the situation and the danger.
She is like the abused spouse (only we don't know that she was) she overlooks, stays in denial, and stays right there in the home... the only way she is forced to see what is going on is what has happened. We still don't really know if she accepts it yet. She may stay with MJ, if she does then her children should be taken away. Stupid only goes so far... then it becomes criminal.

How many times has Denise been married? Three, four?

quick question - do we know approximately how long MJ was around/living with AR's mother before the abuse started? AR said she was 9 when she received the note, how long had she known MJ at that point?

if only she had just taken the note to her mother... (not blaming her, just imagining how simply this could have been avoided with just a small twist of fate) surely AR's mother couldnt have ignored her 9 year old daughter being given a note saying she was to be given sex training by her stepfather... could she?!

How many times has Denise been married? Three, four?

two times, that i can figure out...it might be more, though...Woodard is a name associated with her, as far as i can tell at veromi.com....maybe Woodard was her maiden name??

She is like the abused spouse (only we don't know that she was) she overlooks, stays in denial, and stays right there in the home... the only way she is forced to see what is going on is what has happened. We still don't really know if she accepts it yet. She may stay with MJ, if she does then her children should be taken away. Stupid only goes so far... then it becomes criminal.

i agree 100%, im just allowing for the possibility that in some small percentage of cases, mandatory interviews of family members living with convicted sex offenders, particularly when children are in the household, may just be beneficial in some way.

its possible right? some children do tell when given what they feel is a safe opportunity, some spouses do break free of the bonds of abuse...

quick question - do we know approximately how long MJ was around/living with AR's mother before the abuse started? AR said she was 9 when she received the note, how long had she known MJ at that point?

if only she had just taken the note to her mother... (not blaming her, just imagining how simply this could have been avoided with just a small twist of fate) surely AR's mother couldnt have ignored her 9 year old daughter being given a note saying she was to be given sex training by her stepfather... could she?!

gosh, i just don't know....one would think had she given this note to her mother, none of this would have ever happened....at least not to AR or Brooke, anyway.......this note still has me puzzled a bit though...can't put my finger on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny