Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD,

As far as I know Lucinda wasn't at the hearing for MJ. I said Denise was!

When it comes to Cassandra she knew her sister was married to a RSO. She willingly let her daughter spend the night in the home where he lived. She had to of known Brooke never had her cell phone with her / red flags. I'd never let one of my kids or Grandkids consider such a thing. My daughter is so strict with her kids its unreal. She works for the BCA in the sex offender division. A young girl can be molested by an offender in a matter of minutes. Recently a little girl was at Wallmart & she was molested on a little Dora couch... guy never made it out of the store, yet it happened.

Denise was / is as ignorant as a person can be. She made the choice to marry a RSO bring him into her daughters & families lifes.The signs were there......finding a dildo / her daughter wrapped in a towel / KY jel isn't the norm for a 14 yr old to have just laying around the home. Then lets add the *advertiser censored* stuff its been stated she seen. She HAD to of known her RSO hubby wasn't to be around any young girls. But she turned her head & looked the other way.

Yes the kids were made to suffer by the moms poor choices in men. Poor poor Brooke paid a very high price for Denise over looking the facts she seen with her own eyes. Will AR ever be the same again? The sexual abuse that girl has had to endure for 5 yrs is / was totally uncalled for. The signs & warnings were there.

MJ & RG are where they belong. They should never see the light of day as long as they live. They both seen the opportunity presented to them. MJ should 'never' of been allowed to walk the streets a free man. When he got out of jail he was rewarded.....he got a wife / young girls to rape whenever he wanted / its all as sick as it sounds / he could lie / cheat & decided to murder figuring he was smarter then the average cop. No the women never commited the crime but they sure looked the other way.......

Very well put.

DD,

When it comes to Cassandra she knew her sister was married to a RSO. She willingly let her daughter spend the night in the home where he lived. She had to of known Brooke never had her cell phone with her / red flags. I'd never let one of my kids or Grandkids consider such a thing. My daughter is so strict with her kids its unreal. She works for the BCA in the sex offender division. A young girl can be molested by an offender in a matter of minutes. Recently a little girl was at Wallmart & she was molested on a little Dora couch... guy never made it out of the store, yet it happened.

Denise was / is as ignorant as a person can be. She made the choice to marry a RSO bring him into her daughters & families lifes.The signs were there......finding a dildo / her daughter wrapped in a towel / KY jel isn't the norm for a 14 yr old to have just laying around the home. Then lets add the *advertiser censored* stuff its been stated she seen. She HAD to of known her RSO hubby wasn't to be around any young girls. But she turned her head & looked the other way.

Yes the kids were made to suffer by the moms poor choices in men. Poor poor Brooke paid a very high price for Denise over looking the facts she seen with her own eyes. Will AR ever be the same again? The sexual abuse that girl has had to endure for 5 yrs is / was totally uncalled for. The signs & warnings were there.

MJ & RG are where they belong. They should never see the light of day as long as they live. They both seen the opportunity presented to them. MJ should 'never' of been allowed to walk the streets a free man. When he got out of jail he was rewarded.....he got a wife / young girls to rape whenever he wanted / its all as sick as it sounds / he could lie / cheat & decided to murder figuring he was smarter then the average cop. No the women never commited the crime but they sure looked the other way.......

I do believe we are all on the same page here..maybe expressing it differently. Now..my alligator needs a walk.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, and we don't know when AR's mother found the *advertiser censored*, etc. There is a possibility - albeit slim - (and I can't understand why when she found it she didn't either immediately leave or kick MJ out of the house) there is a possibility that she just recently found it and was going to try counseling with AR before doing anything else...we just don't know as of yet. IMO.

IIRC - it wasn't just the *advertiser censored*. The dildo, the KY, the daughter and husband in towels.... The red flags were all there, she just didn't act on them. I'm sorry, but as a mother, I would not have missed these signals. AND - there are signs when a child is being abused - sexually or othewise. If you are in tune with your babies, you would know.

DD,

:clap:
Absolutely GREAT post, cheko1! Plus, now we know that Cassandra herself was married to Gagnon, who has (by his own admission) had sex with AR.
I do not and will not give either Denise OR Cassandra a pass! Ever! Brooke paid the ultimate price anyone can pay - her LIFE. AND it DID NOT have to happen!
I am sorry! I am still infuriated by this whole sordid mess.

Originally Posted by LI_Mom

SNIP

I really hope LE makes an example of this mother so other mothers KNOW that they'll be held responsible.

If they do I'm sure she will get more time than Jacques got for kidnapping and rape. That just seems to me the way it's working now a days.

IIRC - it wasn't just the *advertiser censored*. The dildo, the KY, the daughter and husband in towels.... The red flags were all there, she just didn't act on them. I'm sorry, but as a mother, I would not have missed these signals. AND - there are signs when a child is being abused - sexually or othewise. If you are in tune with your babies, you would know.

Very well put, Fairy1!

Great post cheko1

Its such a heart breaking case....the Vermont SP did such a awesome job arresting MJ & RG / then finding Brooke. It sounds like she was a awesome young girl & then to die such a tragic death. It sickens me.....

I never like to look in the bad in people. Yes Brooke is dead / but there is also AR who will carry the scars of this case for as long as she lives. The girls were so young & trusting of there family, lives ruined over stupidity.

And I totally agree with you - I wouldn't have missed these signals either. But my point is, I don't know the whole story yet, and until I know all the facts, I'm not in a hurry to point fingers...

Absolutely GREAT post, cheko1! Plus, now we know that Cassandra herself was married to Gagnon, who has (by his own admission) had sex with AR.
I do not and will not give either Denise OR Cassandra a pass! Ever! Brooke paid the ultimate price anyone can pay - her LIFE. AND it DID NOT have to happen!

TY LaLaw! I am too!!! When I watched the services for Brooke I sobbed like a baby! Such a tragedy.....

But until you stop making excuses for your bad behavior as a parent nothing will make a woman accept responsibility or be accountable for it.Both of these women have looked the other way so much that one of their children could be standing in front of them in a towel saying I was raped and neither of them were in tune enough with reality to do a thing about it. That is a learned behavior... taught at a young age. Not unlike what DJ's daughter has been taught up to now. I can't nor will I make excuses for them. They have children and let them down in the worst possible way. NO EXCUSES...

Its such a heart breaking case....the Vermont SP did such a awesome job arresting MJ & RG / then finding Brooke. It sounds like she was a awesome young girl & then to die such a tragic death. It sickens me.....

I never like to look in the bad in people. Yes Brooke is dead / but there is also AR who will carry the scars of this case for as long as she lives. The girls were so young & trusting of there family, lives ruined over stupidity.

I totally agree with you, Cheko1. So sad, and so many victims...for what? Some sickos' fantasies. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact (allegedly!) that her own family did this to her...actually - to both of the girls! It is beyond tragic, and I feel sorry for everyone touched by this horrible murder (and everything that led up to it!). RIP, Brooke...:angel:

Oh my - I sooooo hope AR can be "fixed." She was mercilessly manipulated and controlled. It seems she was clearly involved in this murder - but I don't believe she was aware of everything that was happening. I hope she will be ok. IMO - she is every bit as much a victim as Brooke.

I am certain that neither woman thought he would kill Brooke.[/quote said:
as in ........"hmmmmm he might be molesting her but I'm sure he won't kill her?....

ALL the women in this family have a very low IQ. I don't attribute ANY redeeming qualities to any of them, not to the grandmothers either. They had no compassion, no feelings, no concern, and no love for Brooke. When you love you do NOT allow this type of "activity" (child *advertiser censored*) in your house, whether that is on a computer, or anywhere else.

I have something going on in my own family right now where my Hinkey-Meter is going off and I'm about to do something that will cause a big explosion. Hopefully I will still be welcome to see my grandchildren after I say what I say, but I sure won't keep my mouth shut and tolerate something like this just to keep the family together. I have a 5-year old grandson who tearfully told me that his step-uncle (16 years old) squeezed his private parts, and my daughter and son in law assure me that he is lying, because he keeps saying his 3-year old sister does it too when he is angry at her. I think he is NOT lying, his step uncle gives me the creeps too and this step uncle's father isn't kosher either. I'm not going to hijack this thread, but wanted you to know that I'm seething ......

Sorry to sound harsh, but there is no other way to feel about Brooke's entire family; at least not for me. :furious:

I understand how everyone feels about these women and their choices but it almost seems to me that people have the attitude that Jacques was a RSO so therefore it was expected that he would commit these crimes. (I agree) So it is accepted. Some people sound as if they hate the mothers more than they do the offenders. (Not any one person just what I have gotten from this thread as a collective whole.) While I believe these Mothers made terrible choices, I lay the blame at Jacques feet, he's evil. He made his choices and he committed the crime. So while some have stated that they won't give the mothers a pass, I will not give Jacques, Gagnon or the prison system a pass. I'm sorry I know my opinion is not popular.

as in ........"hmmmmm he might be molesting her but I'm sure he won't kill her?....

ALL the women in this family have a very low IQ. I don't attribute ANY redeeming qualities to any of them, not to the grandmothers either. They had no compassion, no feelings, no concern, and no love for Brooke. When you love you do NOT allow this type of "activity" (child *advertiser censored*) in your house, whether that is on a computer, or anywhere else.

I have something going on in my own family right now where my Hinkey-Meter is going off and I'm about to do something that will cause a big explosion. Hopefully I will still be welcome to see my grandchildren after I say what I say, but I sure won't keep my mouth shut and tolerate something like this just to keep the family together. I have a 5-year old grandson who tearfully told me that his step-uncle (16 years old) squeezed his private parts, and my daughter and son in law assure me that he is lying, because he keeps saying his 3-year old sister does it too when he is angry at her. I think he is NOT lying, his step uncle gives me the creeps too and this step uncle's father isn't kosher either. I'm not going to hijack this thread, but wanted you to know that I'm seething ......

Sorry to sound harsh, but there is no other way to feel about Brooke's entire family; at least not for me. :furious:

Mohabi, I am so sorry to hear of the terrible situation you find yourself in, and I commend you for stepping up and doing something about it. There are MANY people who would turn a blind eye to it, because that is 'easier', and they don't want to 'make waves'. You are doing the right thing, and I wish there were more like you in this world! Best of luck, and stay strong.

I'm not certain these women were smart enough to think he was molesting anyone. About your grandson, I don't believe that children lie about that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbeybabzxx