Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there's a time limit for how long they can keep her in jail on the charges they filed....

I believe they'll already using their extension to keep her in jail now BUT they can't keep her indefinitely & will have to file NEW charges.

Depending on what the dna & forensics show, the new charges might well be HOMICIDE.

Well, there are speedy trial issues.

Ok i just caught up but here is what i was thinking about the bonds thing, i used to work in an insurance company doing professional liabilty policy work and every job the customers would contract for had to be added to the policy. I wonder if bailbondsmen have the same sort of obligation in their coverages. if so the florida bondsman may have found out that he was going to have to pay a rather large premium in order to get the coverage, and thus is having second thoughts about being the middleman.

I'm WAY behind here, sorry if this is OT...

But, that is how I understand it. My heads spinning, and I could be wrong but, I theorize the following...

First they were going to get Texas, through Tony, to cover the bond, and they then became aware of the need to use a local Bondsman to work through...Now, the Florida Bondsmans Insurance provider wants 50,000, as well. So, they are now arguing that "interstate commerce" laws are being violated by not letting the Texas Insurer do it alone, forget the Florida guy.

Leonard was giving 50,000 to Texas, but the Florida Bondsmans Insurance ALSO wanted 50,000, in case she did get away, because the Florida Insurer for the Florida Bondsman, whose name they are using, doesn't want to be held accountable.

So, in my eyes, from my limited understanding :crazy:...it's either, come up w/ another 50,000 or win the Insurance appeal.

Am I close?? This is crazy...

This is not about Caylee. It's all about Casey....... the media, BH, NG, Gretta, and the rest of the clowns out there for the ratings. Trust me, if Casey died tomorrow of natural causes in her jail cell the BH and the media would just walk away and forget about this child. That's the harsh reality of this case. Caylee will just be another missing child and the case will go cold.
You said it in a nutshell...unfortunatly...

That's why unless that stain in the back tested positive for decomposition -- they didn't have anything to go on -- because Caylee's hair in the trunk could be due to a towel being in there after swimming, any number of reasons.

True, but Baden also said on NG you can tell a hair from an alive person and a dead one. It, apparently develops a "band" of some sort. So, if it was an 'alive' hair, that's one thing...from a deceased person, is another.

So, L Padilla gives $50,000 to T. Padilla. T. Padilla gives the $50,000 to the Florida BB. Check, that's the BB 10% fee. Now, the $500,000 bond for the court is underwritten by the Houston insurance company. But who is putting up the collateral for the $500,000?

So, L Padilla gives $50,000 to T. Padilla. T. Padilla gives the $50,000 to the Florida BB. Check, that's the BB 10% fee. Now, the $500,000 bond for the court is underwritten by the Houston insurance company. But who is putting up the collateral for the $500,000?
I thought Padilla's group was collateralizing the bond. But that was just my assumption.

Passin Through and All -

found this old article here http://www.wftv.com/news/16957067/detail.html.

snip -It was only three days later that, Jesse said, he spoke to Casey again and she told him that Caylee was with a babysitter, so she would be free to go to the beach the next day.

The family acknowledges that Jesse is a friend and said they were not surprised he's making the claim. - snip

Some sites timelines are saying that they did actually meet up and go to the beach that weekend - still not sure though - but the beach is not just where she said Caylee and ZG were.

How bout that last line - the family is not surprised Jesse is making a claim? Why? If they know him to be a friend of Casey's why would they think he would make a false claim against her?

They did not say false claim you infered that. The family only said claim.

No, there's a time limit for how long they can keep her in jail on the charges they filed....

I believe they'll already using their extension to keep her in jail now BUT they can't keep her indefinitely & will have to file NEW charges.

Depending on what the dna & forensics show, the new charges might well be HOMICIDE.

I think when they formally charged her, that means she is stuck till trial unless she is bailed out.

Ok.. Got caught up in time for the thread to be locked but I just had to comment. And as always, this is JMO.

Just because a BH's label is BOUNTY hunter, doesn't mean they can't do anything else. We have a BH, BB, PI... Several in the trade. They hunt people. They do skip trace and track the person of interest. It doesn't make a difference at all if the person they are hunting has committed a crime. That will not determine if the hunt/capture is successful or not. It doesn't matter to me one iota who gets the HERO status for finding Caylee or who gets the money and recognition for it, just as long as she's found! Someone has to get kudos, why not be someone who actually has the money, resources and skills to look? Ok.. Got that one outta the way..

The girl from the Jesse G thread...
If the information was any bit credible, in my personal opinion, she wouldn't be on a message board trying to get some interests sparked. It was a weird conversation and made no sense to me. She claimed she saw Caylee BEFORE she knew about this case? What would draw a person's attention all the way across the street to a loving woman stroking a child's hair in what looked like a drop-off/pick-up point? There doesn't sound to me like anything significant that would have gotten her attention, not to mention her remembrance of the vehicles involved and what the people looked like. Weird, no?

Ok.. That's my 3 cents. :)

Not at all Kat, who the H*** could keep this straight? LOL

And remember.... after letting Jesse think Caylee was HIS baby & he found out she wasn't, Casey's next story was that Jesus O. was the father.

Cindy definitely confirmed that when she said she was told Caylee's father died in a car accident.

Then remember, Casey lied & claimed that Caylee was "with her father" or something like that.... and we all said....'Huh? Is she saying Caylee is DEAD?!'

IMO, IF Caylee's paternal family had ANY clue Caylee was theirs after this sick circus, they'd go for blood tests to prove it AND then they'd have gone to the courts to file for custody JUST IN CASE she turns up safely.

Either the father is dead OR more likely, Casey never knew for sure who Caylee's father really was/is. I doubt she knew OR really cared.

I thought Padilla's group was collateralizing the bond. But that was just my assumption.

Don't have a link but I heard Padilla say he was personally putting up the original 50,000.

BUT, I think the Florida Bondsmans Insurance ALSO wants 50,000, now, hence the appeal of the Insurance Board, to waive that need.

Again, just my thoughts, my understanding.

This is not about Caylee. It's all about Casey....... the media, BH, NG, Gretta, and the rest of the clowns out there for the ratings. Trust me, if Casey died tomorrow of natural causes in her jail cell the BH and the media would just walk away and forget about this child. That's the harsh reality of this case. Caylee will just be another missing child and the case will go cold.

That is one of the saddest truths in this whole case.

That's why unless that stain in the back tested positive for decomposition -- they didn't have anything to go on -- because Caylee's hair in the trunk could be due to a towel being in there after swimming, any number of reasons.

Bit of a sidebar here but hair helped the case in the Danielle Van Damm case.
Danielle's mother remarked that Danielle's hair had been cut right before she went missing. During the trial, the defense argued that Danielle could have left hair and palm prints in the motor-home when the kids in the neighborhood played in there.
Hair found in Westerfield's motor was Danielle's and it matched both the length of her new haircut and that hair had recently been cut.

A person charged with a felony shall be brought to trial within one hundred
and seventy-five (175) days under Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.191 (a)
(1999). The time period commences when the person is taken into custody. Id.

I agree with you Tiffer and I am also waiting to see the evidence.

ETA: Don't worry about speaking your opinion here! All points of view are welcome.

Respectfully JB, I dont recall seeing you welcoming opinions here that differ from your own, which is fine, I just think the "all points of view are welcome" might be interpretable, again no disrespect intended.

They already filed the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member