FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is to be hoped Jane Velez-Mitchell stays with Jennifer's case.
She must be the best hope of gaining a much needed breakthrough.

You are right Bobby62 in that circle speak has got this case nowhere.

Since we just got to know about the landscapers that worked near Jennider's parking space every Tuesday it is worth pondering what they did see.

According to Mr Kesse they did not see Jennifer leave for work that morning.

Did they notice her car there all morning?
Did they notice anyone else drive the car away later in the morning?

does anyone remember a video of the car being parked? i could of sworn i had seen one but then never could find it agains o maybe i was wrong.

does anyone remember a video of the car being parked? i could of sworn i had seen one but then never could find it agains o maybe i was wrong.

Yes there is video of the car being parked, it's from a far distance and very grainy....It's on the same video of the perp walking in front of the fence. The perp parked the car and then came closer to the camera when walking away from the car and that is where the closer up images come from.

SS

When you say in the condo do you mean her condo? Or the building?

I think the building is VERY probable.. but I'm not as convinced in her particular one.
I have always believed it started inside her apartment/condo and did not neccessarily occur as she was leaving and already outside the door.

I can't remember about the garages SS.
If she was abducted in her condo it would have had to have been as she was about to leave. She would have to have had her purse, ipod and cell phones with her already I would think.
I remember some people suggesting that she was most likely abducted right outside her condo and bundled into an adjacent empty one.
It seems this is more than likely since the landscape gardeners have suddenly been injected into the scenario.
What other surprises are in store?
While most people do hold onto the theory she was abducted outside, there is no reason to think the perp could not have held her at gunpoint (or with some other weapon) inside the condo. Her purse was probably hanging on the chair or on the bar (containing all those items) and within easy reach for a perp. He/She would have complete control over Jenn at that point.

This scenario could also mean she was abducted earlier than suspected.

I don't know why this is a sticking point for me, but it is. I wish they would go back and test specific things which were in her apartment at the time. They have something to compare to and it could answer this question. (Altho...the driver and perp may not be the same person.) It could shed a new light on the direction of the investigation if he were found to be inside, imo.

Remember...no one saw anything or heard her scream. According to her family and friends, Jenn would not have gone so quietly. If she were outside during the actual abduction while he was trying to gain control...I think with the photos we have seen of the hallway/stairwell...this would have been nearly impossible if a landscaping crew were outside. I think he had to have control before then for her to be compliant.

SS I believe your theory is now stronger than ever. The fact the landscape crew saw nothing greatly enhances your theory and destroys mine! (abduction at or near her car)

You also make a solid point about the phones etc being in her purse already.

Jennifer might not have been the type to go quietly but I having a gun pointed at you would be terrifying and render you silent. A knife would be nearly as bad.

I am trying to remember if LE has ever called for public help in this case. They surely must have aside from giving out help line numbers.
There will still be information being held back.

It is to be hoped Jane Velez-Mitchell stays with Jennifer's case.
She must be the best hope of gaining a much needed breakthrough.

I hope she stays with it too.

Anyone can send a comment (positive/negative) for her show at this link: http://www.cnn.com/HLN/ - scroll down to Issues. I sent a positive comment thanking her for following Jennifer's case and asking her to please continue to follow.

[snipped]
According to Mr Kesse they did not see Jennifer leave for work that morning.

Did they notice her car there all morning?
Did they notice anyone else drive the car away later in the morning?

That's what I was wondering too - they didn't see her but did they see her car any time in the AM.

While most people do hold onto the theory she was abducted outside, there is no reason to think the perp could not have held her at gunpoint (or with some other weapon) inside the condo. Her purse was probably hanging on the chair or on the bar (containing all those items) and within easy reach for a perp. He/She would have complete control over Jenn at that point.

This scenario could also mean she was abducted earlier than suspected.

I don't know why this is a sticking point for me, but it is. I wish they would go back and test specific things which were in her apartment at the time. They have something to compare to and it could answer this question. (Altho...the driver and perp may not be the same person.) It could shed a new light on the direction of the investigation if he were found to be inside, imo.

Remember...no one saw anything or heard her scream. According to her family and friends, Jenn would not have gone so quietly. If she were outside during the actual abduction while he was trying to gain control...I think with the photos we have seen of the hallway/stairwell...this would have been nearly impossible if a landscaping crew were outside. I think he had to have control before then for her to be compliant.

Good points. But what about her briefcase that was missing too?

For me the biggest red flag is 'workers were allowed to live in the empty condos.' So when someone suggests this crime could have been committed by someone living at Mosaic there is a fair chance they are right.

On the recent 48 Hours show a detective stated 'anywhere from six to two dozen people were in Jennifer's condo over the course of the first 24 hours.'
The show host: 'and that contaminates a crime scene.'
Detective: 'no question.'

In a perfect world that condo would have been sealed off as soon as police arrived there. It wasn't and it was at this point the wheels on this investigation started to wobble.

The detective working on this case today has no doubt put his heart and soul into the investigation. But what on earth do you do when you have so little to work on.
That the suspect had two days start before the investigation got into top gear is an absolute tragedy for Jennifer's family and friends.

That's why I believe she taken after she left her condo.

Probably by one of the landscapers.

If she was abducted inside her condo how would the perp know to take her purse, briefcase, ipod, cell phone and possible cell phone package?
Or even care to take those items....?

I think she walked to her car like usual with all her stuff and she was jumped right there in the parking lot by one of those landscapers and the rest of them lied to LE and covered it up.

It's just way too coincidental that it happened on a Tuesday morning when the landscapers were scheduled to work at her building.

By the time LE rolled into the scene it was later in the afternoon and the landscapers had time to get their stories straight, get rid of her car at a comfortable walking distance and the guilty one/s had left the scene.

IMO~

Ok, now my wheels are spinning. They showed that in the apartment it appeared that the shower was wet, cloths were laid out on the bed and it looked as if she had got ready for work and left. Now we hear that landscapers in front of the condo did not see her leave for work.

1. What type of cloths were laid out on the bed? I don't lay cloths out unless I am putting them on. Did she have a habit of leaving cloths folded on the bed for when she came home from work? The bed was made in the video.

2. She may have been forced into the car before the landscapers arrived. Did she get out of the shower, someone came to the door needing assistance, she threw cloths on and grabbed her purse and once in the car the person kidnapped her? Would have to be someone she trusted or thought she could trust. Dress like a cop, someone she knew, or a woman.

3 There was a cell phone left behind by a friend of her brother's that was in the condo while she was on vacation with her bf. What became of the phone?

4 What kidnappers return cars? I believe it was left in a parking lot a mile from the condo, but found 2 days after she went missing. Do we know from the video when it was returned, what day? Same day she was taken or 2 days later? Nothing stolen from the car.

I believe that the person in the video was a woman, but not the person who took her, but involved.

That's why I believe she taken after she left her condo.

Probably by one of the landscapers.

If she was abducted inside her condo how would the perp know to take her purse, briefcase, ipod, cell phone and possible cell phone package?
Or even care to take those items....?

I think she walked to her car like usual with all her stuff and she was jumped right there in the parking lot by one of those landscapers and the rest of them lied to LE and covered it up.

It's just way too coincidental that it happened on a Tuesday morning when the landscapers were scheduled to work at her building.

By the time LE rolled into the scene it was later in the afternoon and the landscapers had time to get their stories straight, get rid of her car at a comfortable walking distance and the guilty one/s had left the scene.

IMO~

OR - she was abducted within the stairwell area... and taken to an unused condo in the building... or one that "workers were living in"

Thus she is dressed for work... she has her purse and briefcase....but doesn't make it outside to the landscapers.

I am a little bit concerned about the landscapers too.
I can't find a statement from LE about landscapers working near Jennifer's parking space.
The only reference to landscapers was made by Mr Kesse.

I must stress I do not question the integrity of Mr Kesse.

I am concerned however about the veracity of information being fed to Jennifer's family.
After all we all thought there was solid DNA and a fingerprint from her car.
We even heard there was no matches in any data base for this evidence.
Now we just found out the DNA is not good enough to even run through data banks. The fingerprint seems to be non existant.

I don't know how we can find out if landscapers were actually there that Tuesday morning.

The reports on the DNA have always seemed a little vague to me..

I also thought it was a partial print...

Yes you are right.........'possible DNA & a partial print.' That seems very vague.
I guess a partial print was better than no print.

As for the DNA; I'm not sure what to think.

I believe it was in her car and was taken out before the car was returned to the parking lot. I don't think it had anything to do with her abduction, but it is always possible.

I believe part of the reason for the abduction was robbery and grabbing the purse accomplished a number of things. Wallet, cell phones, I Pod, and keys to her car would have been inside, imo.

The car was moved to the other apartments the afternoon she was abducted, but not spotted until two days later, IIRC. Since we know that nothing happened inside her car, we need to concentrate on why the perp needed it. They didn't use it to move her or there would have been evidence to support this. Bringing the car back to the area says they had another form of transportation to return to, they lived there, or they worked there. But why did they take her car in the first place?

To buy more time? If it is the reason...why did they need to buy more time? This would infer they either did not harm her immediately or they needed more time to dispose of her. Still...they didn't use the car for that purpose. So it means they had another way of taking her away from the Condos.

No. This is the first we have heard of the landscapers being present or any comments about them at all. However, I don't think they have anything to do with Jenn's abduction. I don't think it is plausible one of them would do this when other people would know it was their day to be in the area on a regular basis and the others would cover it up. Makes no sense to me.

LE has never asked the public's help other than to try to ID the guy in the video which got them nowhere. They have not put out enough information on this case to do any good at all, imo. I still believe they are wrong on the height of the person in the video and his occupation. They aren't looking in the right places for the right sized person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann