FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I hope they find this poor little girl. It's scary the way someone can just sneak into your house while you're asleep and take one of your children. We've seen this happen over and over.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that the father was making the plea for the child's safe return and not his g/f. The g/f is only 17 and probably at her wits end. I couldn't listen to it, but I did see an article that spoke about how emotional the g/f was when she called the 911 operator.

Prayers for this child's safe return.

JMHO
fran

PS...probably not related, but did you see two middle school boys disappeared near there a few years ago? They were last seen at school. Never been found. Same day, Feb 10, four years ago.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...l-Too-Well/NtT_uqN0lE-ZNyUOOErQaQ.cspx?rss=10

................snip............... The fear Haleigh Cummings’ family is dealing with is the same thing two Jacksonville families felt four years ago. It was on February 10, 2005 that two boys,...............snip...........

I wonder if the g/f didnt hear anything because the heat was on? I remember going in trailers with the vents that would blow air and it would be loud. I think I read it was in the 40s at night? So maybe thats why she didnt hear anything.

I hope Haleigh is home safe and sound soon.

I have no desire really to come to anyone's defense without knowing all of the details but teenagers can sleep through world wars. I once slept through a burglar alarm inches from my head that would probably deafen me today. It wasn't until I had my babies that I became a light sleeper and developed that "sense" that moms have.

Wow, I hope they find this poor little girl. It's scary the way someone can just sneak into your house while you're asleep and take one of your children. We've seen this happen over and over.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that the father was making the plea for the child's safe return and not his g/f. The g/f is only 17 and probably at her wits end. I couldn't listen to it, but I did see an article that spoke about how emotional the g/f was when she called the 911 operator.

Prayers for this child's safe return.

JMHO
fran

PS...probably not related, but did you see two middle school boys disappeared near there a few years ago? They were last seen at school. Never been found. Same day, Feb 10, four years ago.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...l-Too-Well/NtT_uqN0lE-ZNyUOOErQaQ.cspx?rss=10

................snip............... The fear Haleigh Cummings’ family is dealing with is the same thing two Jacksonville families felt four years ago. It was on February 10, 2005 that two boys,...............snip...........

OMG! Fran, i remember reading about that case. The same day too.. :eek:

I wonder if the g/f didnt hear anything because the heat was on? I remember going in trailers with the vents that would blow air and it would be loud. I think I read it was in the 40s at night? So maybe thats why she didnt hear anything.

I hope Haleigh is home safe and sound soon.

I lived in a trailer for a bit with my sister and her kids. It was a double wide, also. It would be very silent, then when the vents kicked on it would made it harder to hear. When the vents weren't on i could hear in talking in the next room (not clear, still could hear it though).
I wonder how their trailer was set up. They said it's a double wide. They have the 2 bedrooms and a bathroom at the far end of a hallway on one side, then the living room in the middle where you'd enter, then kitchen, then master bedroom and bath. I'm not sure if all double wides follow the same layout or not. The back door of ours was right off the kitchen near the master bedroom. The front door was about 10 feet away off the living room..

Is there anywhere that says where the gf and girl had been sleeping? If they were in the master bedroom (some have a bathroom in there) and the gf was in there with the fan on (turn on the light/fan?) and then someone came in and took the girl brought her right out through the back door which is off the kitchen?

Maybe. If this is the case, than it would be someone who knows about trailers, the heating systems and maybe this girl gets up to pee the same time every night( i do), maybe she hears the heat turn on and it wakes her.. and whoever it is has been watching, maybe near by.... for some time. Knows the daddy goes to work. Maybe they had a boat waiting.. I dont know. ITs so sad when this happens. It doesnt matter anymore if you lock your doors, if someone wants in they will get in.

I wish someone would get this story straight. I have seen so many conflicting reports already. Is the little boy 2yo, 3yo, or 4yo?!

Haleigh was last seen in her Satsuma home on Green Lane with her 2-year-old brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18686639/detail.html#

The little girl’s father, Ronald Cummings, 25, said he believes his daughter was abducted. His girlfriend and his 3-year-old son were home when he arrived from work about 3 a.m.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c...ng_child_alert

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=130972&catid=17

I've been reading blogs and news releases and the reports vary. However, most tie in with what LE reported on Greta tonight that there was a 17 year old girlfriend at home with the little girl and her 4 year old brother. The brother was in the same room with Haleigh. There are conflicting reports as to where the girlfriend was at in the home.

I heard the 911 call on Greta and the gf and Haleigh's dad were both calling.

I wonder if she usually wakes up when she hears her dad come home in the middle of the night OR if she heard someone at the door, thinking it was her dad she went to the door.
What is the boating situation where the dock is? Is it easy access by boat? The brick? Is that something that is always there or was it brought to the scene? Possibly going to be used to break a window for maybe a robbery but the child interrupted the perp? Whats the drug activity in that area?

It is possible since she was sleeping with the gf that she does wake up when her dad comes home unless it is normal for her to remain in bed with both of them.

The brick has me stumped.

LIVE News Crew Web cam in Satsuma.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/web_cams/mobile_cam_1

I'm so saddened about another missing child. I agree that the father & his girlfriend need & should be given poly's. At least it's not like Caylee's case and was reported early. It's not sounding good. I was hoping the real mother came & took her but she was in a different state. I hope she is found safe.

:praying: for Haleigh!

It is possible since she was sleeping with the gf that she does wake up when her dad comes home unless it is normal for her to remain in bed with both of them.

The brick has me stumped.

If it was an intruder, maybe he/she brought the brick along to bash the gf over the head if she offered resistance to the abduction of the child? Then he/she didn't need it for that purpose, so left it by the door along with the blanket and sheets in order to better carry the child???

I wish someone would get this story straight. I have seen so many conflicting reports already. Is the little boy 2yo, 3yo, or 4yo?!

Haleigh was last seen in her Satsuma home on Green Lane with her 2-year-old brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18686639/detail.html#

The little girl’s father, Ronald Cummings, 25, said he believes his daughter was abducted. His girlfriend and his 3-year-old son were home when he arrived from work about 3 a.m.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c...ng_child_alert

The Fox report is saying she is 5:
FATHER: I just got home from work, my 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need someone to be here now. I'm telling you. If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18680713/detail.html

Then I was listening to FOX live news this morning & the grandmother said 6yr old..??? They will be holding candlelight vigils every night until she is found the news report said from FOX.

I wonder if she usually wakes up when she hears her dad come home in the middle of the night OR if she heard someone at the door, thinking it was her dad she went to the door.
What is the boating situation where the dock is? Is it easy access by boat? The brick? Is that something that is always there or was it brought to the scene? Possibly going to be used to break a window for maybe a robbery but the child interrupted the perp? Whats the drug activity in that area?

Bolded by me.

I wonder if there are any marinas/boat shops in the area and whether they can figure out who the last people were to rent/buy boats from there. That's if they confirm somehow that she was abducted and taken away by boat.

I dunno.... there's so much under wraps about this case I don't know who to suspect. It could be the g/f, but it could also be an intruder.

About to listen to the 911 call now. I hope this girl is found alive. These kinds of cases break my heart. :(

Yes, she is 5 years old, but how old is the brother? He could be a possible witness to what happened.

Is it really possible to get fingerprints from the brick?

I was thinking the same thing as you! Does anyone know being a brick is rough in texture? I am thinking that it is possible but might not be the best print depending on the type of brick it is. Some are smoother than others where others are more rough in texture. I hope they find this pretty little girl but I'm very suspicious of the GF. How could she not wake up if she was in the same room & bed as Haleigh? Did she get mad at her frustrated for some reason & did something wrong & is afraid to tell the truth?

Yes, she is 5 years old, but how old is the brother? He could be a possible witness to what happened.

I think he might be 3. Haleigh's bio-mom's MS lists a 3 year old boy, Ronald, which is the father's name as well. I think this may be the other child who was in the house.

Just wonder abt abductor. Twice now the missing child (JL and SG) were being watched by perp, wondering if this is same type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member