FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gainsville Sun is reporting that the Grandmother told police that she had pics of Haleigh with bruises and her hair smelled of pot when father dropped her off.

Lovely....what a mess. Seems there is much animosity between the bio mom and the dad. He has custody. Has a live in gf who is 17. Bio mom has another baby with some guy. And, as always, the kids suffer because the "adults" can't grow up!

Oh my.

My initial reaction when I saw the first video with the father so distraught was... OMG, he's either DRUNK or HIGH!

I almost came and posted that, but I was afraid to because even if he was drunk or high that doesn't mean he did it, and maybe he was completely sober. I believe his tears were real and it was obvious he was distraught, but that doesn't mean that he's innocent either.

I have a really bad feeling about this too. :(

I am not sure how a person is supposed to react in a situation like this and I haven't listened to the 911 call (just read it) and I am not sure I would sound any different than he does.

I am a little suspicious of the "girlfriend".

Agree. He could also be angry w himself for entrusting his children to this 17 year-old gf... JMO
:parrot:

Lovely....what a mess. Seems there is much animosity between the bio mom and the dad. He has custody. Has a live in gf who is 17. Bio mom has another baby with some guy. And, as always, the kids suffer because the "adults" can't grow up!

I never expected yesterday when the news broke about Haleigh that we would learn so much more about the dynamics of the family.

Is the news conference still scheduled for 2pm? I'm hoping we will get some answers and an update on the search.

Oh my.

My initial reaction when I saw the first video with the father so distraught was... OMG, he's either DRUNK or HIGH!

I almost came and posted that, but I was afraid to because even if he was drunk or high that doesn't mean he did it, and maybe he was completely sober. I believe his tears were real and it was obvious he was distraught, but that doesn't mean that he's innocent either.

I have a really bad feeling about this too. :(

I do not do drugs, and I have not since many, many years ago when I was a teenager, but I gotta admit, if this was me, I probably wouldn't pass up a joint or a couple of shots, myself.
None of my friends do drugs, so its a moot point.

This is embrassing - but this could be me and I'm female. It would depend on where I was emotionally when I made the call - but I would talk like this and I would be angry. I'm thinking this phone call happened while the dad was still in a bit of shock and really had not absorped the full situation.

Looking into it again, I say you're right. I was leaning towards both sides at first, but now I definitely think it's one of those "spur of the moment" situations where he couldn't process what was happening right away.

I'm a guy and I can definitely say I've had moments like what happened on the tape (though not for the same reason).

In the video part of the article, the dad says he's raised Haleigh since she was 2 years old by himself so i guess he has full custody of her.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...__Search_for_5_year_old_Putnam_girl_under_way

I think it odd the gf just left the door unlocked, especially at that time of night. Her boyfriend would have his own key to get in. I've always locked all the doors at night, especially if i had children in the house.

Strange ... I read one of the reports, that GF said the back door WAS locked.

HLN has clip about Haleigh

Dozens of agencies and volunteers. LE questioning neighbors.

Father and Bio-Mom are pleading on TV to bring her home.

Bio-Grandma says that Father doesn't let Bio-Mom speak to children unless he wants her to.

RSO 26 in immediate area and 44 in extended area. LE has searched some homes already.

FBI is there. FBI is going to interview GF.

Just typed out what was being said as it was said.

This is embrassing - but this could be me and I'm female. It would depend on where I was emotionally when I made the call - but I would talk like this and I would be angry. I'm thinking this phone call happened while the dad was still in a bit of shock and really had not absorped the full situation.

FWIW,

Salem

I could talk like this to, and I'm a female...

Steve Huff has an update here:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/02/still_no_sign_of_haleigh_cummi.php

I wish the details were more consistent. They are making me dizzy. Hopefully the presser clears alot up.

One thing I've learned over the years from watching people like the dad on vid or listening to a 911 call is, they can be guilty as heck and still display what we interpret as being sincere in their emotions. And they really are upset. But they are upset because they have effed up their life big time and gotten themselves into a situation that might get them the death penalty or land them in prison for life. It's good to ask what are they really upset over?

It's kinda like photos. They don't tell the entire story. Susan Smith's and KC Anthony photos and vid are the perfect example.

Door locked/unlocked/forced/wide open....huh?
All sleeping in the same bed but no one woke up or cried out....huh?
Blankets, sheet dropped just outside....huh?
Father has cell phone but GF does not call him....huh?

Imagine you were an abductor. You were sneaking into a darkened, silent house. Unless you know the family well there could be a gun. Unless you know the family well, you don't know who sleeps where. The story about the brick makes us think it was used to facilitate a quick getaway. So you peek into a bedroom and see a little girl sleeping with an adult an another child. If you are a burglar you close the door and look for valuables. If you are a kidnapper you might change your mind when confronted with all the bodies in the bed. You would have to be very bold/stupid/desperate to walk into that room and grab the child (and the blankets!) and escape. More likely, you would give up the kidnap attempt, JMO, of course.

Father is expressing alot of anger (to work up his emotions) when he should (usually) be expressing fear. Of course, some people express anger when they are afraid. I don't think I would cuss at the people I am asking for help. Don't trust father. Haven't seen GF....weird.

The media coverage on this has been inconsistent, at best, makes it very difficult to figure things out.

I agree with your instinct Steve H.

Any word yet on why the GF is not allowed to contact Haleigh's family?

Maybe he meant to say "I would give my life to have my child back." He was upset so it's understandable that he might mix his words up.

I took it that way too! I will stand by my first reaction to Dad's Interview and say I don't think he had anything to do with this. I saw too much raw emotion from him. He said some things that I thought were strange but I will chalk it up to the horrible stress he is under and the unthinkable tragedy he is now facing. I'm sure if I were to give a 5 minute raw interview within a few hours of my child being missing, I would say a few things that didn't really make too much sense as I rambled on. And I might be crying without alot of tears also because I had been crying for hours and the tear ducts were dry at that point.

I'm not having a good feeling about the gf's story though - I agree with everyone else here - something is not adding up. And I just don't think this is going to turn out well.

I am just praying that they find Haleigh alive and well!

Anyone think the girlfriend "lost" her and staged an abduction because she was afraid of the reaction of the father? I'm still intrigued by the dogs hitting on the dock.

Just got back on this thread to see the news articles. I have been listening to HLN.

When the stories are so conflicting from the very beginning, a red flag goes up for me. Also, the Dad has threatened to kill whoever 'stole' his daughter. He doth protest too much, IMO. I think that they do know what happened to Haleigh. JMO. I know when the 911 call was made, but to me it doesn't mean that this was indeed the time Haleigh disappeared. I am just too suspicious.

I am looking forward to this press conference. Maybe there will be more information or something new. Too many conflicting details here. I pray that Haleigh will be found safe and sound, but it isn't looking too good, IMO.

(And PLEASE no GA or KFN !!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members