FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have bounced that one around, yes...except for the last part...interesting angle.

Someone brought this up a couple nights ago where they pondered if Haleigh may have found Misty with 'someone' other than her dad. Sorry, cannot remember who that was or which Haleigh thread it would be on. Not sure how far the speculation went.

Lol, and mine. My son has a Wii plus every other system, a tv in his room, movies like block buster. BUT he also has been volunteering in one form or the other since he was 10 even though he is mentally handicapped. He is even a searcher with TES with me and does an GREAT job.

I'm sure it is strictly coincidence this compassionate son of your's has an awesome mom for a role model... :blowkiss:

:parrot:

DUMB QUESTION ALERT:
Was it the door itself that was propped or was it a screen door? And if it was a screen door, did it have the hydraulic thingie that pulls it closed or not?
The screen door was propped open. We aren't aware of the hydraulic arm if there was one.

Someone brought this up a couple nights ago where they pondered if Haleigh may have found Misty with 'someone' other than her dad.

I threw the boyfriend and her talking out there a few days ago...I still think it's a possibility.

Sorry, don't know ... anybody?

It couldn't have been that far from her at all; a queen bed and a child's bed mattresses both in the same bedroom. The queen size mattress would take up most the room. I wonder if she had the volume on the tv and how loud

Originally Posted by Jolynna
Wouldn't the light from a television indicate someone in the room is awake?

Do intruders turn on lights?
The short answer is yes...intruders do turn on lights. Some even stop long enough to grab a weapon inside the home.

It all points to Misty. Her stories vary and the light being on, door open, etc. makes no sense. I bet she is more frightened of Ronald finding out the truth than she is of going to jail.

Isn't it illegal for her to be living with him, since she is a minor?

I know this has been discussed and there have been lots of conflicting opinions offered, but I just wanted to sound in and state that IF the relationship between Misty and Ronald is sexual, it IS illegal in the state of Florida. Florida law pivots on age differentials. If someone is age 24 or older (Ronald) and they have sexual relations with a person age 16 or 17 (Misty), this is unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

The minor can't waive her protection under the law. The minor's parents can't waive their child's protection under the law (and in some states, attempting such a waiver could give rise to child abuse charges against those parents).

I think the illegal age difference could be important in that it might help explain why Misty acts so strange. Why did she wait to call authorities? Why does she appear evasive and like she's hiding something? I thought she looked really suspicious from the begining-- but it's possible she was hiding/afraid for reasons unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance-- I've outlined some other reasons she could behave fearfully or evasively, but IMO she could have reacted oddly because she contemplated how a live-in statutory rape situation could affect the outcome in ongoing custody disputes between bio-mom and bio-dad-- especially when the minor was the last person to see Haleigh.

Bolded by me.

With his record, how does he have a gun? I realize FL is a bit lighter than NC on gun laws, but, he is a previous felon.

I do not believe that Ronald was convicted of a felony. If he wasn't, then he could legally possess a handgun.

(It is my belief that the felony possession he did committ, he gave up his supplier and did no jail time.)

I hate to say this because if Misty did anything to hurt Haleigh I am going to feel differently, but I can't stop feeling sorry for her. She needs to be in high school, get her degree and be rid of the life she was living with a 25 yr old man.

I threw the boyfriend and her talking out there a few days ago...I still think it's a possibility.

Ty tehcloser, knew someone did. God help them if that's what occured. GF knows something somehow, someway.

Maybe she got back up when he came home from work - maybe to make him something to eat - whatever.

well anything is possible but i've heard everything from misty getting up to go to the bathroom to misty getting up to get a drink of water..now i know i've woken up at 3am before and have done both on occasion and have never confused getting a drink of water with going to the bathroom, know what i mean?

unless the different reports are media errors, i don't understand why her story changes about that part.

DUMB QUESTION ALERT:
Was it the door itself that was propped or was it a screen door? And if it was a screen door, did it have the hydraulic thingie that pulls it closed or not?

IIRC it was only the screen door and having a hydraulic closer makes sense that the prep would prop it opened so it would not slam shut thus making it easier to get out with their arms full holding the child.

One thing that bothers me is that RC said he always locked the regular door before he left for work because the door was so hard to close and lock, like GF couldn't do it. So if that door is hard to close is it also hard to open once it is closed? It also said that the lock was too high for Haleigh to reach. So who opened the door and when?

i have to agree...
i'm thinking misty left those kids on their own while she went out somewhere, the perp could have been watching and seen her leave...turning a light on wouldn't have mattered because it was just the two little kids home.
i'm beginning to think misty didn't even get home until just before the dad did..hence the ever changing stories.

what 17yr old goes to bed at 10:30 anyway?

I am not sure if this has been proven or not. Could be though. Thanks coco.

Yes it is definetly NOT for Chimney. They live in the state of Florida where it doesn't get that cold at ALL but cold enough where they might need a furnace running at some poitn but no need for a chimney.
I live here in Fla, not far from where all of this happened. There are MANY fireplaces in Fla...

I know this has been discussed and there have been lots of conflicting opinions offered, but I just wanted to sound in and state that IF the relationship between Misty and Ronald is sexual, it IS illegal in the state of Florida. Florida law pivots on age differentials. If someone is age 24 or older (Ronald) and they have sexual relations with a person age 16 or 17 (Misty), this is unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

The minor can't waive her protection under the law. The minor's parents can't waive their child's protection under the law (and in some states, attempting such a waiver could give rise to child abuse charges against those parents).

I think the illegal age difference could be important in that it might help explain why Misty acts so strange. Why did she wait to call authorities? Why does she appear evasive and like she's hiding something? I thought she looked really suspicious from the begining-- but it's possible she was hiding/afraid for reasons unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance-- I've outlined some other reasons she could behave fearfully or evasively, but IMO she could have reacted oddly because she contemplated how a live-in statutory rape situation could affect the outcome in ongoing custody disputes between bio-mom and bio-dad-- especially when the minor was the last person to see Haleigh.
nancy, thank you. I appreciate your excellent post.

Has it been discussed what the heck is on Ronald's neck? It looks like some sort of bandage...but why?
I feel like a broken record, but I think he has a hickey.
I think his young, immature g/f gave it to him to show other girls he's taken. I can see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG