FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been discussed and there have been lots of conflicting opinions offered, but I just wanted to sound in and state that IF the relationship between Misty and Ronald is sexual, it IS illegal in the state of Florida. Florida law pivots on age differentials. If someone is age 24 or older (Ronald) and they have sexual relations with a person age 16 or 17 (Misty), this is unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

The minor can't waive her protection under the law. The minor's parents can't waive their child's protection under the law (and in some states, attempting such a waiver could give rise to child abuse charges against those parents).

I think the illegal age difference could be important in that it might help explain why Misty acts so strange. Why did she wait to call authorities? Why does she appear evasive and like she's hiding something? I thought she looked really suspicious from the begining-- but it's possible she was hiding/afraid for reasons unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance-- I've outlined some other reasons she could behave fearfully or evasively, but IMO she could have reacted oddly because she contemplated how a live-in statutory rape situation could affect the outcome in ongoing custody disputes between bio-mom and bio-dad-- especially when the minor was the last person to see Haleigh.

Would this still apply if she were emancipated or would she be now be considered an adult as far as marriage, sex etc is concerned?

Ty tehcloser, knew someone did. God help them if that's what occured. GF knows something somehow, someway.

I went back and looked. I thought it made sense because seh had used "we" in one of her statements and ron was not supposed to be home at the time to be the other part of "we"...now if I could just remember what that was....lol

Do we know the name of Nancy Griffis' father? I am narrowing down the Johns families in the area and it's looking like she and KJ could be brother and sister

I think so and he lives behind Haleigh's house on Monroe Ave. There was mention early on that one of the young boys that was there earlier in the day had an incident and was considered a SO, not sure if it's him or not or one of her GF's brother's children?:confused:

Nancy - what if the minor (gf) is emancipated? Does that all still apply?

Got a roofer over here, about 30 years worth. He says that "stack" is a gas vent for a hot water heater or a furnace. Whether he's right or wrong I have no clue, but that's what he says.

FYI but looks way too big to me to be gas vent. Doubt it is a furnace not here in FL and especially since the AC man was over which leads me be believe they have a heat pump.

Sorry JMO..:)

I must admit this case is almost as frustrating at times as the "other" one. Part of it is because we are getting nothing from LE at all. We got spoiled on the "other" one. Of course, when they do charge someone...the Sunshine Law will kick in and with the same media outlets who are on the "other" case...we will be sure to get all the doc dumps.

I am ready for them to narrow down the suspect field. Where are the test results? The answers should be there to set things in motion.

what about looking at tax records of the mobile home? It wil list baths/bedrooms, and fireplaces. Just a thought. I dont have the owners name, but it may help end the speculation..

I went back and looked. I thought it made sense because seh had used "we" in one of her statements and ron was not supposed to be home at the time to be the other part of "we"...now if I could just remember what that was....lol

teh - I believe she mentioned that "we" put them to bed around 10pm the night of the abduction. Hope that helps! :blowkiss:

Thanks for saying that... I was going to mention all the plastic goods we expose kids to and we all know how much lead has been found in those the past couple of years.

I smoke- not in my children's faces or anything like that but my children have never even had a respiratory infection- on the other hand, I have a nephew who is never around smoke and he's asthmatic.

Exposure to second hand smoke equaling abuse, in my view, diminishes the meaning of child abuse. When everything is abuse people become numb to the word. Do I think second hand smoke is good for you, of course not. I don't smoke and avoid being around it. But to claim you are abusing your child by doing so, well when the world has reached the point that we have no molestations, beatings, starving, and murdering of our children we can all focus our attention on whether our neighbors are feeding their kids too many transfats, are smoking to close to their kids, etc.......

Looking at the map JWG made it looks to me the house is remote compared to the other homes in the area. Unlike my previous fascination with the A's violent crimes are not like what we see on TV. Having grown up in FL I have dated rednecks and married a business man and I have to say the differences in certain areas of day to day living are quite different. But a country boy will protect his family by any means necessary, that is why I really don't believe the dad had anything to do with her going missing. A stranger coming in to the home and turning the light on would make sense if he had not been in the home before, so that he could see.If he looked through the window and saw the TV was on it would also make sense if you were sleeping not to notice the light from the other room since the TV would produce light. This person would probably be aware of the father working nights. There are no neighbors close enough, looking at the map, to notice if someone was creeping around the house. This is what desperate predators do, look for easy prey with no one to witness the crime. I have been a crime victim and some of the things that the perp did defies logic!
Having said that, I also know that redneck girls can be vindictive B's which leads me back to bio mom. I don't know that I could step away with one child while my other one is missing. Can't wait for results or some type of info rather than speculation. The names are interesting and you all are doing a great job sleuthing.
I also read another thread about Sarasota had carnies that is not the case. A long time ago Sarasota and Venice was a haven for the circus people. Even though there are still some around, not as much as they used to be. Closer to Tampa there is a town where carnies stay, I just can't remember the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz