CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, never thought of that! Good thinking!
IMO, I was thinking of preacher more of a POI, hmmmmmmmmmm

Wasn't there an article that said FW was a church member and caretaker?

That's a good theory on the weird behavior of the pastor. If LE questioning led towrds the caretaker and not jsut the preacher he could be feeling a little guilty that he let this man into the lives of the neighborhood! PURE SPECULATION

WOW, never thought of that! Good thinking!
IMO, I was thinking of preacher more of a POI, hmmmmmmmmmm
I mean he very well could be involved, but if his involvement was that FW confessed could he face charges for not telling? I think preachers are excused from having to report a crime but I am not sure. Maybe thats what they are investigating to see if pastor was actually involved or just knew of the crime.

Wasn't there an article that said FW was a church member and caretaker?

That's a good theory on the weird behavior of the pastor. If LE questioning led towrds the caretaker and not jsut the preacher he could be feeling a little guilty that he let this man into the lives of the neighborhood! PURE SPECULATION

. . . .or he could be an accomplice, a partner in crime! Don't know and just a thought.

I have a question, If Williams is the perp and he confessed to Lawless, could the pastor, be charged or is that confidentiality protected?

It would explain Preacher mans weird behavior, explain the plural use of the words, also the involvement with the church.... HMMM, does anyone know?
We did consider this, but it would not gel with them taking the vehicles in the SWs or the other items unless he had access to everyone's vehicles in the Lawless household (which I doubt).

A confession would be considered priviledged depending on the context it was given, imo. We went through this with the Stacy Peterson case where she discussed DP with her pastor. He wasn't a Priest which is a distinction as far as confidentiality goes and there are other factors, too. The pastor in the Peterson case did divulge what was said which they considered hearsay (until the law is or was passed which would allow it as testimony).

I saw that too Columbo...

I want this thing wrapped up by Easter Sunday, which is my birthday. It would make a great present. But, as I was born on an Easter Monday, I can wait that long, one more day.

We did consider this, but it would not gel with them taking the vehicles in the SWs or the other items unless he had access to everyone's vehicles in the Lawless household (which I doubt).

A confession would be considered priviledged depending on the context it was given, imo. We went through this with the Stacy Peterson case where she discussed DP with her pastor. He wasn't a Priest which is a distinction as far as confidentiality goes and there are other factors, too. The pastor in the Peterson case did divulge what was said which they considered hearsay (until the law is or was passed which would allow it as testimony).
but in the Peterson case the confession was not being given by a criminal but rather by the victim.

With all the search warrants served so far, including the cousin of Sinclair in Oakdale, when an arrest finally comes down we might all be surprised... They have taken well over 9 cars at this point (and that is when we knew about them)...

It is a tangled web....

The impression I got from the pastor on the video was that he has the onset of Alzheimer's. The repeat back of the questions was an indicator for me based on experience with an uncle who frequently visits - nothing scientific here believe me just an observation.

I want this thing wrapped up by Easter Sunday, which is my birthday. It would make a great present. But, as I was born on an Easter Monday, I can wait that long, one more day.
wfgodot, happy birthday!:blowkiss:

According to New10.net, Sgt. Sheneman says there will be no statement of a major break in the case this afternoon.

http://www.news10.net/news/liveonli...a1e-99b4-1216bf726a77&sid=sitelife.news10.net

Yes. But he also said this...

“First of all, there are a lot of things that go on in an investigation that we do not want the public to hear because part of the public would be some of the suspects,” he said. “We do not want them to know what we are doing. We don’t want whoever it is to be tried on television. We want them to receive a fair trial in court. We want them to receive the punishment they deserve there.”

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19144730/detail.html#-

Leads me to remember the statement about the suitcase...the underplaying of that whole situation, imo. Good police work, but...boy, it's nail biting stuff...

Okay I think I have the answer to the question but still not fully understanding, If someone cofesses to a crime that has ALREADY been commited lets say to get it off there chest then no they are not obligated to report it.
However if a person confesses that they have the intent to create a crime that can cause harm to others than yes they do have the obligation to report that..... LOL, I think.

but in the Peterson case the confession was not being given by a criminal but rather by the victim.

With all the search warrants served so far, including the cousin of Sinclair in Oakdale, when an arrest finally comes down we might all be surprised... They have taken well over 9 cars at this point (and that is when we knew about them)...

It is a tangled web....
Not that it matters since she is now missing, but if she was told by DP he killed KS and she did not turn him in...it is my opinion she was not a victim at the time he told her...but became a party by having knowledge of the crime.

The impression I got from the pastor on the video was that he has the onset of Alzheimer's. The repeat back of the questions was an indicator for me based on experience with an uncle who frequently visits - nothing scientific here believe me just an observation.

I got more of the impression that he has a heavy heart. Which is what made me think that maybe he did it, but now that this new theory poped in my head that FW may have confessed to him than maybe he wants to tell but can't.... I dunno!

KCRA reported the reason for the cancelled presser this morning. Every am,FBI and local LEemeet and discuss briefing, then LE comes out and gives a presser. The morning briefing ran overl into the presser time. KCRA will break into programming if anything significant happens.

Okay I think I have the answer to the question but still not fully understanding, If someone cofesses to a crime that has ALREADY been commited lets say to get it off there chest then no they are not obligated to report it.
However if a person confesses that they have the intent to create a crime that can cause harm to others than yes they do have the obligation to report that..... LOL, I think.
Uhm...no. LOL Now you have me confused. :crazy:

A priest, let us say, might refuse absolution until the confessor gave himself up to authorities, by refusing to dole out the Our Fathers and Hail Marys and other means of dispensation. A pastor could do the Protestant version of the same thing. But it would violate the sanctity of their office to reveal something told in the privacy of confession.

(Excuse me if this was all just said before. Just thinking out loud here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member