CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did we arrive at the man in the truck on that video is the same person who dropped off the note? I guess I missed that part.

Me too!! i thought the letter was dropped off between 4 and 5 (as stated in the presser yesterday morning i think?) in the morning but the video is during the day? i am lost in soooo much info!

Me too!! i thought the letter was dropped off between 4 and 5 (as stated in the presser yesterday morning i think?) in the morning but the video is during the day? i am lost in soooo much info!

At one point, of which I've lost track, there appeared to form a "perfect storm," one perhaps not accountable to the methods of logic.

I, for one, read in, or into, a piece by Fox, that the note was still on the table; I didn't copy the link (mea culpa), and can't find that exact piece.

The storm was already raging and perhaps (mea maxima culpa) I seeded the clouds even more, so to speak.

I think people want it to be FW. Me, I just "want it to be" the right guy(s).

Here's a very short video clip of Pastor Lane Lawless; Sadly,it's almost useless except for physical description and his apparent reluctance to talk on camera. I'm looking for other ones.

Brief Pastor Video : Link
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/raw-pastor-questioned-in-cantu-case/3152959210/?icid=VIDURVNWS07

Candace DeLong: Former FBI Profiler weighs in : Video & article link below

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/977/reftab/36/t/Former-FBI-Profiler-Doubts-Sandra-Cantu-s-Killer-was-a-Stranger/Default.aspx

Excerpt:
"TRACY (KRON) -- A retired FBI profiler who specialized in child abduction cases thinks the killer of Sandra Cantu will turn out to be a white man between 25 and 55 years old who knew the eight year old girl.

"We've seen them a little younger and we've seen them older," Candace DeLong told KRON 4's Vicki Liviakis. "It's someone who is known to the victim. Rarely are these types of crimes, the abduction and murder of a child, a complete stranger to the child."

DeLong spent 20 years in the FBI, eventually becoming head field profiler in the Bureau's San Francisco office and as a member of the Child Abduction Task Force. She says the killer might have left clues including fingerprints on the suitcase in which the remains were found.

"The investigators will be able to glean a lot of information from that suitcase," the former profiler said. "Water washes away a lot of evidence when a body is submerged or floating in water but the suitcase probably helped preserve some evidence. In addition to that, there could be some things in the suitcase that will help the police as well as fingerprints in or on the outside of the suitcase. Water does not wash away fingerprints on the surface of things."

DeLong isn't sure she agrees with people who say the Cantu family is better off knowing what happened to Sandra.

"Parents of missing children never stop hoping, never stop looking," she added. "The anxiety never subsides. It's torture for them. The parents of this little girl have a different torture to go through, a mental torture. It's a grieving process. Some would say 'at least they know.' I would say, 'they know.'"

When a case like this happens, DeLong says many parents become overly protective. She says the right approach is to talk honestly with your children about how to stay safe. For instance, she says, telling them not to talk with strangers is not the right approach.

"The tendency in cases like this is to say I'll never let the child out of my sight but that's unreasonable," DeLong said. "One of the things parents have to do with their children is to teach them a couple of things. Never go anywhere with anyone, whether it's into their dwelling, their home, their car, to the store, even if they know them. We tell our children to not get into a stranger's car, not to talk to strangers, but the vast majority of attacks like this are someone who is known to the child and the child doesn't think of them as a stranger. We need to teach our children, talk with them, roleplay with them not to go anywhere with anyone where Mommy hasn't said it's okay. In cases like that, do you really know who your neighbors are?"

Link to article
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/1004/reftab/36/t/Report-of-Man--Acting-Strangely--at-Pond-Where-Tracy-Girl-Was-Found/Default.aspx

Report of Man 'Acting Strangely' at Pond Where Tracy Girl Was Found
4/10/2009 3:04:23 PM

excerpt:

"TRACY, Calif. (AP) - A local resident says he saw a man "acting real strange" at an irrigation pond three days before eight-year-old Sandra Cantu's body was found in a suitcase pulled from the water.

After the gruesome discovery, Stephen Memory says he spoke to the FBI about what he saw.

The 19-year-old Memory reported that he thought it was odd to see a beige Chevrolet Silverado truck parked on the shoulder of the road facing in the wrong direction on the afternoon of April 3. Sandra's body was found April 6.

Memory says the driver - a white man in his late 40s or early 50s wearing a white baseball cap and dark T-shirt - appeared to be looking down at the ditch beside the road, which is not well-traveled.

Tracy police and the FBI did not immediately return calls for comment. "

The man in the truck who kind of resembles FW was reported by a news show as having dropped off the note. They have video footage.

At least this is more fun than yesterday, when everybody sat around glumly after Sgt. Tony Sheneman ("S-h-e-n-e-m-a-n")'s two low-interest briefings, trying to work up a good level of suspicion about one candidate or the other, and typing in posts distractedly.

I'm not sure where the FW/letter axis, specifically, started revolving.

Hey all, in the car so no idea if this is posted...

HLN reporting possible significant development at 330 presser.

I'll look for the video link. Seems like it was on GMA or today show

Not finding anything on their site...so what are they saying?

On their noon news,they said that FBI and LE get together everymorning for a briefing, then come out with presser. Todays meeting went on longer and into the normal presser time and THAT is why it was cancelled.

Video: Connie Lawless & Pastor Lane Lawless Speak Out

http://cbs13.com/video/?id=51564@kovr.dayport.com

YIKES. This is a very short 3 min video with the wife doing most of the talking (which weirds me out right off the bat, for one)

This dude is on my radar - hinky hink. I may change my mind if I can find other longer videos of him talking, but this one is truly red flag-esque for me.

WHY?
1.) BIG FAT RED FLAG is Lawless' parroting He says and proves that he heard the question b/c he says it back verbatim.

2.) The reporter asks Lane Lawless, "Did you have anything to do with Sandra's disappearance or her death?" This dudes acts like he didn't even hear or can't comprehend the meaning of the freakin question!! ...BUT HE HEARD IT.

3.) His answer when asked if he was involoved he takes forever to say, "No" and it's not an emphatic no at that; and the half-hearted "no" comes only after he slowly, softly says, " Did I have...?" sheesh..

4.) His wife interjects and responds rapidly, yet he is slow and pauses; but he is the public speaker.

5.) He barely says a few sentences;

6.) What he does say is low soft and mumbled. HE IS A PREACHER and accustomed to speaking to people for crying out loud.

7.) Here the wife, Connie, is doing most of the talking... odd... As he sits on the passenger side and mumbles and looks down a lot.

8.) Why does he have a case of the Shy McShys now?

9.) I could maybe understand his feeling anger at folks for questioning and suspecting him and taking his phones and PC etc; but, oddly, he doesn't appear angry, in my opnion.

10.) Why doesnt he get out of the car and talk? He is a pastor; It is routine for him to want to HELP when tragedy happens.. to console... to TALK.

HINK

MOO

Anyone who wants to discuss the suitcase should go to the suitcase thread so we can keep all the sleuthing organized. The article has A LOT OF INSIGHT
http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...get=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

Couple of things stick out in that article.

Huckaby teaches Sunday school at Clover Road Baptist Church, her grandfather’s church just down the street from the mobile home park. She spruces up the church classroom every few months, she said, and had packed up in the suitcase with everything she needed to re-do the room that day.

Then she denies that documents show her address as the same as her grandparents (and she says that is NOT her)

More hinky meter going off - and how does Fred Williams KNOW all these details.?

No one seems to know how Fred knows so MUCH about things.

Wow something is off there. FW also said the suitcase was stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member