CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the next reporter to interview LR to ask him why if he parked in the driveway was his car in the street (haphazardly parked as it were) at the intersection. I can't figure out why he opened the trunk and left it open (if indeed he did). My head is spinning on the car location and condition at this point.

With the family history of cerebral palsy, I can understand Jennifer not wanting to take the polygraph if she thought it would somehow harm her child. I worried about a lot of somewhat crazy things when I was pregnant and I didn't have that family history of CP.

However, I've seen reports about polygraphs not being harmful to unborn babies and at the same time, recommendations that pregnant women not undergo polygraphs.

I'll keep reminding myself that polygraphs are not proof of guilt or innocence. Quite honestly, it's the changing stories that make me think LR is hiding something.

Is anyone else bothered by LR's expression "those are thoughts you don't entertain"-- mainly the word "entertain" --- who would even think of using that word, which also implies fun things like entertainment, when their child has been abducted, is missing? Or am I totally off-base here? P.S. this was in the Single Post that AWC shows here.

I use the word "entertain" often in that manner. Not sure under those circumstances, but possibly. Then again, I also happen to be a pretentious git, so that likely explains that.

:laugh:

I use the word "entertain" often in that manner. Not sure under those circumstances, but possibly. Then again, I also happen to be a pretentious git, so that likely explains that.

I want the next reporter to interview LR to ask him why if he parked in the driveway was his car in the street (haphazardly parked as it were) at the intersection. I can't figure out why he opened the trunk and left it open (if indeed he did). My head is spinning on the car location and condition at this point.

With the family history of cerebral palsy, I can understand Jennifer not wanting to take the polygraph if she thought it would somehow harm her child. I worried about a lot of somewhat crazy things when I was pregnant and I didn't have that family history of CP.

However, I've seen reports about polygraphs not being harmful to unborn babies and at the same time, recommendations that pregnant women not undergo polygraphs.

I'll keep reminding myself that polygraphs are not proof of guilt or innocence. Quite honestly, it's the changing stories that make me think LR is hiding something.

If I understood correctly, it isn't anything about the polygraph machine that can cause harm to a fetus, but possibly the stress caused to the person taking the test, just the whole experience might be too upsetting (and cause a miscarriage?).

My wife dropped by the vigil and here is what she had to say.

They opened with a prayer, and JC did most of the talking. PC and TS also spoke with the media, but LR remained relatively silent. It looked like JC had a makeover, with a new hairdo and clothing. They were asking for technical support, in things like blogging or Twitter, and someone volunteered to put videos online. They also had a water bottle (a big one) out to take donations.

She said that the turnout (minus media) looked worse than last time, but with more proportion on people outside the neighborhood than faces she recognized. They apparently had a backdrop with Hasanni's graduation picture on it and a sign asking people to help find him. There was a sign-up sheet as well, she said, but I can't imagine they got too many volunteers since the turnout sounded so bad.

She said they plan on holding one vigil each week. I'm guessing at the same time?

I want the next reporter to interview LR to ask him why if he parked in the driveway was his car in the street (haphazardly parked as it were) at the intersection. I can't figure out why he opened the trunk and left it open (if indeed he did). My head is spinning on the car location and condition at this point. Yes, the whole car location thing is a bit confusing, isn't it?!?

However, I've seen reports about polygraphs not being harmful to unborn babies and at the same time, recommendations that pregnant women not undergo polygraphs. Although I wish she'd taken one, I'm not too concerned she didn't. From personal experience :silenced: I know that hormones RAGE so I, for one, wouldn't have wanted to chance something like a LDT. Even though they aren't admissable in court, if word got out you failed, you'd be fried in the public.

I'll keep reminding myself that polygraphs are not proof of guilt or innocence. Quite honestly, it's the changing stories that make me think LR is hiding something. I couldn't agree more!

My responses in red

LOL! You are funny!
But really, I wonder if the word "entertain" would even spring to my lips if I were in the same situation (God forbid) ? Oh well, I'll stop hammering at this one. LOL

Thanks for the update, Forensics Fan! Tell your wife thank you, too! Did she get any pics this time?

OK LOL that's enough of second thoughts. I'm back to asking questions. As JC gets more vocal, I'm not feeling as sorry for her. Did we ever find out who was at that "family gathering" before the disappearance? I assume it was her side of the family since we don't know much about his. Any relatives that live farther away? I'm grasping I know-lol.

For those who aren't local in the area here is a link to watch live news casts from KTUV:

Watch A Live Webcast Of Bay Area News At 7
http://www.ktvu.com/video/17797550/index.html

I would think this link would enable you to watch any of their live news casts daily!

ETA: *NOTE: During commercial breaks there is a black screen with no sound!

:angel:

LOL! You are funny!
But really, I wonder if the word "entertain" would even spring to my lips if I were in the same situation (God forbid) ? Oh well, I'll stop hammering at this one. LOL

It seems the way to get a laugh around here is to bash myself. Duly noted. I will break out the frying pan next time. :crazy:

However, I do think this is a matter of vocabulary. Some people are just more prone to using fancier terms when presented with things like cameras, and LR seems like a guy desperate to sound classy and up-market, so he's just developed that way of speaking.

Too much Masterpiece Theater for him...

Maybe that's the way they talk at Standford. You know, so they sound more "Canadian." :cool:

LR does seem to have stilted diction (for an American.) It often happens when people see themselves as on the outside looking in at well-educated people, who actually speak just as colloquially as anyone else.

OK LOL that's enough of second thoughts. I'm back to asking questions. As JC gets more vocal, I'm not feeling as sorry for her. Did we ever find out who was at that "family gathering" before the disappearance? I assume it was her side of the family since we don't know much about his. Any relatives that live farther away? I'm grasping I know-lol.

It's fine to have second thoughts. I occasionally even treat myself to a third or fourth. They are low in calories and cheap, so I like them.

Seriously, it's good to keep thought multi-directional. I think we'd all hate to find out that LR was innocent and everyone here was assuming his guilt. It's good for us to be sleuthing in different ways.

Maybe that's the way they talk at Standford. You know, so they sound more "Canadian." :cool:

LR does seem to have stilted diction (for an American.) It often happens when people see themselves as on the outside looking in at well-educated people, who actually speak just as colloquially as anyone else.

Oh yes, everyone wants to sound Canadian, eh? Cause we're the Europe of North America, right? So darned sophistimicated. :crazy:

Completely OT, but to illustrate my point (and bring some comfort to the troops, since I am seemingly the USO girl of this thread):

YouTube - The Great White North : How to Get a Mouse in a Beer Bottle

Oh, WhyaDuck, thanks for that OT. I do love those McKenzie brothers!

I think we'd all hate to find out that LR was innocent and everyone here was assuming his guilt

I'd feel terrible if he is innocent and we've all been pounding away on him. I try to go with my gut and everything seems to be pointing at him, though. But, you never know.

One thing I do find odd, though, is this proclamation that they will hold a vigil every week until Hasanni is found... If this were my son, I am not sure I would allow myself to face plans like this, as my mind would not be able to wrap around weeks and weeks of him being gone. That's just my own feelings, though - to others, announcing they will hold one every week might be their way of projecting resolve. Hard to say.

Remember, though, that was his third story. First, LR left Hasanni in the car. Second he was standing next to the car. Third he was heading for the back door. Pretty much a crap shoot what really happened.

I'm very confused about the car location. I'm sorry, I can't remember who posted the pics of where the car was, but it seems it could've been in a couple different locations and likely not in the lot as originally said.
Oh yes, I've been keeping track of the ever-changing stories. So him moving the car across the street isn't much of a surprise really, but it doesn't jive at all with leaving it in a convenient place for Hasanni to go in the store through the back door. I'm figuring he must have moved it after calling LE. MOO

Oh, WhyaDuck, thanks for that OT. I do love those McKenzie brothers!

I'd feel terrible if he is innocent and we've all been pounding away on him. I try to go with my gut and everything seems to be pointing at him, though. But, you never know.

I don't think I'll feel terrible -- especially since, at best, he left a 5-yr-old alone on a busy street, not to mention home alone with a baby. Oh, and he threatened to leave him at BART.

I don't think I'll feel terrible -- especially since, at best, he left a 5-yr-old alone on a busy street, not to mention home alone with a baby. Oh, and he threatened to leave him at BART.

Yeah, if it was proven to be otherwise, I would totally admit that I was wrong in thinking he was the one who harmed Hasanni, but there are definitely some off-kilter parenting techniques at work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti