FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, something is UP -- No way this is a coincidence. I need a timeline of when Somer went missing to when this robbery occured.

Is there any video reporting on this robbery? And AGAIN, how could they try to rob a house where people are holed up and grieving??? Isn't the media camped outside??? :banghead:

One of those arrested has the same last name as DT's sister. Perhaps a relative?? and the arrest took place that evening at DT's residence with the 'mistake' being the listing of DT's address as the place of crime.

Just a thought.......nothing to back it.

One of those arrested has the same last name as DT's sister. Perhaps a relative?? and the arrest took place that evening at DT's residence with the 'mistake' being the listing of DT's address as the place of crime.

Does anyone have the list handy?? I am too tired to dig for it. Gonna have to turn in soon. Gosh, I hope there is a break and soon--- I get so obsessed I can't pull myself off the computer. I literally sit here and fold laundry and sleuth..:banghead:

Remember the other time she stumbled when she said, "it could be my-someone I know." Oh man, I don't know where the link is to that, does anyone else remember that?

I do remember her saying that.

OK, Here's what made my ears perk up

DT addressed this statement to the "perp" during one of her first News conferences, it was something like "it doesn't matter if you've never been in trouble before", then she made a point of repeating the same thing during the next News conference.

I thought it was odd that she was thinking & speaking about the perps criminal history -- during the earliest hours of this investigation.

IMO

Since we are on the topic Diena again I am going to repeat what I said in the last thread. There was an interview with her where they asked her what message she had for Somer's killer. She replies "We're going to get you." and then smiled this really evil smile. IDK but I was creeped out by the way she smiled.

Alright, I can't take it anymore - turning it. I will read from my phone but won't be able to sleuth. Good night to all - this has been one of the most pleasant threads to post on :)

So this could lead into "...it could be my..." nephew, perhaps?
OK. I've got to leave it with you all. We have to go back to Houston tomorrow, and will be gone almost all day.
Thanks so much for the information, the sharing and the caring.

Since we are on the topic Diena again I am going to repeat what I said in the last thread. There was an interview with her where they asked her what message she had for Somer's killer. She replies "We're going to get you." and then smiled this really evil smile. IDK but I was creeped out by the way she smiled.

I see your point. But I could see that in a crazy wild person - like a smile - just me though - I could see it.

Does anyone have the list handy?? I am too tired to dig for it. Gonna have to turn in soon. Gosh, I hope there is a break and soon--- I get so obsessed I can't pull myself off the computer. I literally sit here and fold laundry and sleuth..:banghead:

Well... at least your folding laundry ;)

I don't understand why anyone, after having a child abducted and murdered would draw any attention at all to another child on television. Maybe this mom is just a little on the dramatic side, but I thought it was odd that she mentioned planning some sort of missing kids work right after Somer's body was found. I read that on WS and didn't see or hear her say that, so I hope I'm not mistaken. Personally, I'd suspect the live in boyfriend more than the mom since he came home and went looking for Somer alone. But then, John Walsh believes a child killer did this and there's no proof or reason so far to suspect any of the family.

They did start a program called M.A.P.S. and they already have t-shirts etc. I don't think the bf, being at work until 4:30 could possibly be involved. And when he did get home, he took ST with him. By then the area was teeming with LE. I have a lot of respect for John Walsh, but he was 15 years off on the dates of those other abductions. I kinda took that with a grain of salt.

Or anyone, related or not. I am NOT NOT NOT trying to start anything.
Weren't they all pretty young?
Good night.

OK I'll admit, I've had to get some work done today, so have only read about every other page. Sorry if this has been discussed and dismissed.
Any idea on a history of behavior on the older brother?
Do you think she could be covering for him....hence the changing words, the indirect threats...maybe like she wants him to get caught but doesn't want to be the one to give him up.
Am I crazy, lol

They did start a program called M.A.P.S. and they already have t-shirts etc. I don't think the bf, being at work until 4:30 could possibly be involved. And when he did get home, he took ST with him. By then the area was teeming with LE. I have a lot of respect for John Walsh, but he was 15 years off on the dates of those other abductions. I kinda took that with a grain of salt.
Oh, Lord, one last thing I've been meaning to say since yesterday. All of the intial calls were made to/from cell phones, IIRC. So anyone could have been anywhere. Right?

Since LE is not leaking info or sharing any info maybe behind the scenes they are feeding JWalsh the 'real' info but throwing the everyone else off, so the real perp can get real comfy.

I want to go back to the neighbor's comment about the trash. Like the other posters, I found that incredibly odd. When did she say it in the course of events? And didn't she say something about the family knowing more or "You'd be surprised". Something like that? Also, at the burned house-the trash. Where I live they do not allow you to have household garbage in construction dumpsters. So was there a trash can there for the construction workers garbage such as pop cans, banana peels, etc? If the burned house is a crime scene and not the murder scene, what kind of crime scene could it be? Also, did they go back to work there after Somer was missing? When was the house made a crime scene? Also, I read somewhere that the contractors said that people would get in there because they would find beer cans or whatever. But how could someone get in the house now? Wouldn't it be all locked up? I think the roofer idea is one to explore as well as roofing is not a desirable job here. I imagine in the heat of Florida, it isn't a great job either so people with less than stellar histories are hired. The missing friend SP is strange, I feel since really nothing has been said about him. But there certainly is a small window of opportunity for he would know the other children would be coming home very quickly. It is curious that Mom and sitter had 2 totally different stories of Somer's disappearing behavior. I can see the sibs telling SP that Somer does this all of the time. Really, there is no way that the family could have known of Somer's running ahead so that could not have been foreseen. But when things don't make sense, there is a reason for it, and some things are really weird with all of this.

Sorry, I must have read wrong many pages back and thought the boyfriend went alone. I guess I was thinking that he possibly could have found Somer and gotten angry since she'd wandered off before and didn't go home with the rest of the kids.

OK I'll admit, I've had to get some work done today, so have only read about every other page. Sorry if this has been discussed and dismissed.
Do you think she could be covering for him....hence the changing words, the indirect threats...maybe like she wants him to get caught but doesn't want to be the one to give him up.
Am I crazy, lol

It's possible, anything is at this point. Just imagine what a horrible place that would be to be in.

Has anyone else seen this wlk the rso with the debbie woman?? I was just looking at the memory video and towards the end it shows them together..

Am I crazy, lol

I think a lot of us think of the worst after so many child murder cases.
Caylee, Haleigh, Neveah, Trenton, Jessica, Madeline, I know there is more....

I don't understand why anyone, after having a child abducted and murdered would draw any attention at all to another child on television. Maybe this mom is just a little on the dramatic side, but I thought it was odd that she mentioned planning some sort of missing kids work right after Somer's body was found. I read that on WS and didn't see or hear her say that, so I hope I'm not mistaken. Personally, I'd suspect the live in boyfriend more than the mom since he came home and went looking for Somer alone. But then, John Walsh believes a child killer did this and there's no proof or reason so far to suspect any of the family.

I thought it was a little odd too that she spoke about her son the way she did. To me that is just sharing a child's personal grief and really isn't something that should be shared with anyone else.

But who is to say why she has said the things she has said. This is a mother who has a slew of emotions running through her. At the same time she has been thrown in front of the cameras. I can see that this mom may be a little on the dramatic side just by the way she swings her arms around (and I thought the whole curly ribbons in her was more the actions of someone that wanted to draw attention to themselves).

So think about it. Her emotions are probably going from totally grief stricken to complete rage and back and forth. At the same time she is being given a crap load of attention which can cause feelings of elation. Then there is the overwhelming support of the community which can cause deep feelings of gratitude. At some level she has to be feeling some paranoia about her neighbors/friends and people around her. She has already stated she has feelings of guilt and can't remember if she told Somer she loved her (which is a common thought people have when they lose someone). Then she has to be a little bit nervous getting in front of the cameras, especially knowing that her child's killer may very well be watching her.

Under this situation, I would probably have a hard time finding the right words. I would be wanting to say what I feel but at the same time (since I'm in the spotlight), I would want to be politically correct. She did say, she didn't know what she could say on camera. But there is one thing for certain, I would not have a problem letting the killer of my child know I was extremely angry and confidant that he/she would be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125