FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was just heartbroken and even more so for the living children .. The pain the other children are going through is enough to make you say wild things..

Has anyone else seen this wlk the rso with the debbie woman?? I was just looking at the memory video and towards the end it shows them together..

Haven't seen that yet, is it on the funeral website? I saw Debbie's daughter's myspace page - and there are tons of videos of the daughter and granddaughter playing. Didn't see WLK in any of those videos - daughter may have been smart and known about his background (for once!).

Haven't seen that yet, is it on the funeral website? I saw Debbie's daughter's myspace page - and there are tons of videos of the daughter and granddaughter playing. Didn't see WLK in any of those videos - daughter may have been smart and known about his background (for once!).

yes it is... but here is the link .. hope it works.. its all the way to the end.. on the song wings of a dove playing...

http://brfhtributes.com/DARiley_October2009.htm

I'm off the pc so please excuse any spelling errors.

Human, I REALLY want to see those comments by the neighbor about the trash as well. Does anyone feel like a hero and want to dig for it?

Well see now I had so much more to respond to your post but my screen is not big enough!

I want to go back to the neighbor's comment about the trash. Like the other posters, I found that incredibly odd. When did she say it in the course of events? And didn't she say something about the family knowing more or "You'd be surprised". Something like that? Also, at the burned house-the trash. Where I live they do not allow you to have household garbage in construction dumpsters. So was there a trash can there for the construction workers garbage such as pop cans, banana peels, etc? If the burned house is a crime scene and not the murder scene, what kind of crime scene could it be? Also, did they go back to work there after Somer was missing? When was the house made a crime scene? Also, I read somewhere that the contractors said that people would get in there because they would find beer cans or whatever. But how could someone get in the house now? Wouldn't it be all locked up? I think the roofer idea is one to explore as well as roofing is not a desirable job here. I imagine in the heat of Florida, it isn't a great job either so people with less than stellar histories are hired. The missing friend SP is strange, I feel since really nothing has been said about him. But there certainly is a small window of opportunity for he would know the other children would be coming home very quickly. It is curious that Mom and sitter had 2 totally different stories of Somer's disappearing behavior. I can see the sibs telling SP that Somer does this all of the time. Really, there is no way that the family could have known of Somer's running ahead so that could not have been foreseen. But when things don't make sense, there is a reason for it, and some things are really weird with all of this.

That's exactly it. It doesn't make sense. We are relying on the testimony of a 7 and 10 year old who may or may not have been coached. Why was ACT waiting for a ride at the OPAA when everyone was out looking for his sister? If she's calling people a half hour away, wouldn't she have told him to get out and look for his sister, too?

Strange, isn't it, the timing so soon after Falcon's ascent? It's almost like someone(s) couldn't stand the fact that someone else got so much attention. Either that, or it set up sick fantasies in their warped mind(s).
Now having said that, seemingly apropos of nothing, I almost wish I could post this next part anonymously, in that I am not proud of what I'm going to say.
I watched this video tonight for the first time. I'd never watched it before.
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/index.html
I was so shocked at 3:09.
As DT is coming back out the front door, it was the look on her face that sent the image of Daddy Heene into my head.
I had to watch it again and again. And again. Had decided not to say anything, but I'm fixing to take my Buddydog and go to bed, and knew I couldn't leave without seeing if anyone else in the whole world sees what I saw when she looked up and saw the cameras.
Oh God. I see it, too.
I hadn't seen this video before, but... I recognize a touch of giddy excitement- just a flash of micro-expression, running across the face.

I want to go back to the neighbor's comment about the trash. Like the other posters, I found that incredibly odd. When did she say it in the course of events? And didn't she say something about the family knowing more or "You'd be surprised". Something like that? Also, at the burned house-the trash. Where I live they do not allow you to have household garbage in construction dumpsters. So was there a trash can there for the construction workers garbage such as pop cans, banana peels, etc? If the burned house is a crime scene and not the murder scene, what kind of crime scene could it be? Also, did they go back to work there after Somer was missing? When was the house made a crime scene? Also, I read somewhere that the contractors said that people would get in there because they would find beer cans or whatever. But how could someone get in the house now? Wouldn't it be all locked up? I think the roofer idea is one to explore as well as roofing is not a desirable job here. I imagine in the heat of Florida, it isn't a great job either so people with less than stellar histories are hired. The missing friend SP is strange, I feel since really nothing has been said about him. But there certainly is a small window of opportunity for he would know the other children would be coming home very quickly. It is curious that Mom and sitter had 2 totally different stories of Somer's disappearing behavior. I can see the sibs telling SP that Somer does this all of the time. Really, there is no way that the family could have known of Somer's running ahead so that could not have been foreseen. But when things don't make sense, there is a reason for it, and some things are really weird with all of this.

The only way I could rationalize what went on with SP is if he wasn't at the house all afternoon. Just suppose that the kids called Mom at work when they got home and said that Somer didn't come home and there was no babysitter there. In other words, the kids were on their own after school. Well, Mom not wanting to look bad if something is really wrong calls SP to go to the house to make it look like he was there waiting for the kids......It would explain the calls and texts between them and also SP not going out and looking for Somer himself. Make up a story of having lunch together at the house and it would also explain why he hasn't been in the limelight since this happened. I would imagine that Mom would have admitted to LE about the absence of a babysitter when it was apparent that Somer was really missing.

The only way I could rationalize what went on with SP is if he wasn't at the house all afternoon. Just suppose that the kids called Mom at work when they got home and said that Somer didn't come home and there was no babysitter there. In other words, the kids were on their own after school. Well, Mom not wanting to look bad if something is really wrong calls SP to go to the house to make it look like he was there waiting for the kids......It would explain the calls and texts between them and also SP not going out and looking for Somer himself. Make up a story of having lunch together at the house and it would also explain why he hasn't been in the limelight since this happened. I would imagine that Mom would have admitted to LE about the absence of a babysitter when it was apparent that Somer was really missing.

I don't understand why a babysitter that day??? If the children came home most of time without one.. why ask sp to babysit that day..

Oh, Lord, one last thing I've been meaning to say since yesterday. All of the intial calls were made to/from cell phones, IIRC. So anyone could have been anywhere. Right?

Well, for the time being, anyone could say they were wherever they wanted to, but cell phone pings will tell the true story.

I remember what I wanted go sAy! On sp fAcebook there is a group on facebook thY has already been formed about keeping kids safe. It is at bottom of friends list an has slam as part of name, check it out! Also it seems him and mom have many friends in common so it leads me to believe he is a closed family friend. My hinky is not going off there! But I do agree about the nobody at home waiting for kids and maybe he was called in later??

Now babysitters issues are making more sense! She may have had reason to be judgemental!

I don't understand why a babysitter that day??? If the children came home most of time without one.. why ask sp to babysit that day..
Right, and why was that day "different"? According to the other babysitter, Somer ran off quite often. There was even a list of the friends she could have been visiting. SP never said he called any of them.

I thought it was a little odd too that she spoke about her son the way she did. To me that is just sharing a child's personal grief and really isn't something that should be shared with anyone else.

But who is to say why she has said the things she has said. This is a mother who has a slew of emotions running through her. At the same time she has been thrown in front of the cameras. I can see that this mom may be a little on the dramatic side just by the way she swings her arms around (and I thought the whole curly ribbons in her was more the actions of someone that wanted to draw attention to themselves).

So think about it. Her emotions are probably going from totally grief stricken to complete rage and back and forth. At the same time she is being given a crap load of attention which can cause feelings of elation. Then there is the overwhelming support of the community which can cause deep feelings of gratitude. At some level she has to be feeling some paranoia about her neighbors/friends and people around her. She has already stated she has feelings of guilt and can't remember if she told Somer she loved her (which is a common thought people have when they lose someone). Then she has to be a little bit nervous getting in front of the cameras, especially knowing that her child's killer may very well be watching her.

Under this situation, I would probably have a hard time finding the right words. I would be wanting to say what I feel but at the same time (since I'm in the spotlight), I would want to be politically correct. She did say, she didn't know what she could say on camera. But there is one thing for certain, I would not have a problem letting the killer of my child know I was extremely angry and confidant that he/she would be caught.
Thank you for this great post!

You bring up some wonderful, fair points I needed to be reminded of.

I cannot imagine how I would act, or come across, if I were to ever be thrust into the media spotlight in the midst of my life's most tragic event.

Food for thought.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I got the idea that some script writer was there, and key words like "We're coming for you" and "It's not okay" are about to get copyrighted! I still don't think she did anything to Somer but it is sure is odd. I think she has a good idea who did do this.

I watched.

Just JMO:

I see Diena's stages of grief. She moves through them quickly.

We missed her in shock & denial - I'm sure it was there day 1. Her mom talks about it.

We saw angish & guilt day 2, some day 3 We also saw a lot of arm-crossing when she walked outside - that's defensive - as in - I am not interested in talking to these people in my yard.

Later - She moves quickly to anger upon the body being recovered. For the "we're gonna get you" interview, I felt, she has been totally coached, they know who did this, or they know they'll soon know, and she really really wanted to get out there and be strong and angry and thankful and assertive for her daughter and everyone who'd helped & for her family. The thing in her hair - surely it's Somer's. It's purple. Like the balloons. Like the beads around Diena's neck. :cry: Somer was a pink & purple girl, is what I've been getting.

In the "were coming to get you" video, she's assertive, aggressive, confident, strong, ready to fight. She seems well prepared (rehearsed) to answer questions that were probably approved in advance, was my thought. No doubt she has a professional handler, and thank goodness for that. When asked about how the kids are and where they are - she has answers. She gives a little anecdote that her tough 13 year old cried. She was going to say regret - which isn't guilt - but it also wasn't the right word - she meant emotional, so she corrected herself. (A 13 year old might have regrets, indeed. Especially if he was a typical 13 year old brother who thinks the 7 year old twins are pests & treats them like that. Especially if he is asked to be responsible for them and never wants to be. Or if he felt he was the man of the house and didn't do enough to protect his sister - like - he wasn't home when it was time for them to walk home - he was at his own activity... that sort of regret. Diena herself has regrets & speaks of them.) Diena breaks & cries when she is asked and says what Somer was like. She says "like me". I get that. I have one that's exactly like me.

What I get out of this is that she is a very strong, assertive person. (Gets rid of 3 husbands - that takes assertiveness & energy.) She might not have always made the best choices (3 husbands, again). I also think she demanded information from investigators and got it. She follows their instructions, they respect her and communicate. She's got enough information to feel bold and come out fighting for Somer in the "we're gonna getcha" video.

I expect she'll move past this anger to bargaining and then we'll start to see the next stage - more quiet/depression.

To sum, I see normal reactions as far as she's concerned so far. And yes, she's being coached.

Just IMO. So far...

Maybe just because she had been warned to come directly home from school and when she didn't then Mom knew something could really be wrong.

I remember what I wanted go sAy! On sp fAcebook there is a group on facebook thY has already been formed about keeping kids safe. It is at bottom of friends list an has slam as part of name, check it out! Also it seems him and mom have many friends in common so it leads me to believe he is a closed family friend. My hinky is not going off there! But I do agree about the nobody at home waiting for kids and maybe he was called in later??

Now babysitters issues are making more sense! She may have had reason to be judgemental!

NSC if that pic from someones photobucket is one taken since Somer has been missing then I would wonder why he has such a big smile on his face.. He doesn't look sad at all.. the one where he has on same shirt as the indigo site.. That disturbed me .. him smiling that big smile..

Took me till the 2nd time but I do see it. Still don't think mom is behind this. However, I am starting to believe she could have been aquainted with WLK or people associated with him.

Why would you think she would be associated with the likes of WLK or people associated with him? Did I miss something here? I saw the video tribute to his girlfriend and couldn't, wouldn't, can't associate her with them. Good Lord...

The only problem with that is that SPs house was even further than her work, about 45 minutes away, versus her 31 or so.

Since we are on the topic Diena again I am going to repeat what I said in the last thread. There was an interview with her where they asked her what message she had for Somer's killer. She replies "We're going to get you." and then smiled this really evil smile. IDK but I was creeped out by the way she smiled.

Hi WillenFan21 - not a criticism but here is my thought about Diena telling the murderer of her baby she's gona get him!!! Good for her! She's wants to get justice for her murdered baby, the baby that was found in the trash, and I'm not sure how else she can do that right now, except in words. I would love to give Diena the power of a fearless predator who goes around Planet Earth wiping out pedophiles and all those who hurt our children. Any smile at the end of her hunt would be fine by me. :angel: jmho

Right, and why was that day "different"? According to the other babysitter, Somer ran off quite often. There was even a list of the friends she could have been visiting. SP never said he called any of them.

I don't think SP would have gotten there early enough to make calls if he wasn't even called until after the other children got home. I would think if Mom knew there wasn't a sitter that day that she really laid down the law to Somer to come directly home. Maybe that's why she said that she knew something was really wrong.........

Thanks Emma. Well said. I feel the same. I was getting a little uncomfortable with her being under the microscope! Not criticising anyone, cause I see the need to look at everyone here....I am just identifying so with her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves