FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since Sandra Cantu's murder, I really think LE should take a look at the women in the lives of the victim.

So many missing children are never found ... they need to start looking at random snatches and women as perps IMO.

A women in a neighborhood (stranger) does not draw the attention that a man does. IMO

there is DNA collection from the crime scene and DNA collection from a felon - this goes state by state and budget by budget. mho

It is also greatly impacted by backlog at the DNA facilities and the time period in which the sex offender was convicted. They are not all catalogued. Many are and it is getting better but it is not a given. And then add in all the ones that weren't convicted, that took deals that didn't label them, or have never been in the system.

Getting a hit in the system is a blessing, but it is not something they can bet the farm on.

I have to agree that the parents aren't always told much at all.
As a minor, I was the victim of a prolonged violent sexual attack, and even though they got all three suspects in custody, they told my mother next to nothing until after trial. And that wasn't even a murder case or a case with a missing suspect. And my mother definitely was in no way a suspect.
I find it totally normal that Diena doesn't know that much.

question....wonder what the Mom told the boyfriend on the phone, when she called from work, to make him stop and get the little twin boy? I would think it would be much easier and faster to search as an adult, and not having to watch a child in the process...just a thought....

What did the babysitter then do after the boy was picked up?

Don't they (LE) normally polygraph family as a starting point? In other cases they have said that ... but then again, it could have just been the family itself.

UGH!

I need a break ... and at the risk of having 25 pages of catch-up ... good night everyone.

I agree, and with the same sentiment, I believe that NOT ONE SCHOOL DISTRICT IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA should turn a child away from riding a bus because of the mileage.
I am appalled that in the US of America we feed inmates 3 meals a day, yet can't put a child on a bus that lives a couple of miles away?
I would never let my child walk to school even 3 blocks away with the world we live in today, and to be honest with you, If I were this family I would sue the hell out of the school district for not providing public transportation to a public school for an elementary school student...I don't agree with why people sue for frivolous reasons, but gee, these are our children! Parents in most situations do the best they can do, but what about the school district itself? Why is it that the ADULTS running this school find it okay for little children to walk a mile home? Why is it that we can send inmates to school for free in prison in the state of Florida, yet can't make sure that all vulnerable children have a bus ride home?
:banghead:

:aktion033:

kwim = know what I mean

Don't feel bad. For my few first weeks here, I thought KWIM was a poster here that everyone was fond of.

Don't feel bad. For my first few weeks here I was wondering who JMO was. I searched everywhere for jmo cause I wanted to respond to his post...lol

That's what I was thinking! Then I thought it might be one of the SPs or SOs that when I blinked, I missed his picture:eek:

O/T it took me forever to figure out why everyone was moo-ing all the time! LOL

IDK why it pulled that quote???

At the risk of sounding like an idiot:

Huh?
Mom calls boyfriend when she was leaving work, for him to leave work and come help search for Somer...he goes and picks up the little boy and takes him to search....maybe its just me....but that path from school to home is a pretty straight shot....Oh nevermind....

Ever since Sandra Cantu's murder, I really think LE should take a look at the women in the lives of the victim.

So many missing children are never found ... they need to start looking at random snatches and women as perps IMO.

A women in a neighborhood (stranger) does not draw the attention that a man does. IMO

I keep going back to the lady that reported the attempted kid grab 10 days before. Her story made no sense to me when she told it at the news conference and I never understood why the sheriff had her there.

it was a creepy statement...her whole demeanor in that interview was just weird!

Anyone else notice the big swallow when she is told they have interviewed all the sex offenders in the area?

Yes - I did!

I keep going back to the lady that reported the attempted kid grab 10 days before. Her story made no sense to be when she told it at the news conference and I never understood why the sheriff had her there.

Was that at presser on Tuesday the 20th?

No offense to anyone who uses it, but KWIM bugs me so much, LOL! I can't read it as 'know what I mean' but as "KWIM." Like "SWIM." If I could ban an acronym from the planet, it'd be that one.

On topic? I'll be really curious to see what this profile says, but won't it trend SO by default? I mean, horses, not zebras, all that. A female child disappears during an apparent stranger abduction. You don't have to be a behavioral science expert to nail that one. I'm not sure it'll be that helpful if they're not exploring other scenarios. Which maybe they are, but the focus certainly seems to be on SOs because that's the most logical given what we were told.
Sometimes I am amazed at how specific and accurate these profiles can be.

For instance, John Douglas, the pioneer of the F.B.I. Criminal Profilers/ Behavior Science is a genius, in my opinion.

Just read his books, "Mind Hunter" and "The Anatomy of Motive" to see what I mean.

ITA Impatientredhead!
The fact they are the first people that are looked at at a time like this should tell our country something shoudn't it??? They will repeat actions, its only a matter of time. So, lets check them out first, then investigate.
Like the children of our country should have to be at the mercy of these animals. I care a heck of a lot more about our innocent children's rights and liberties that RSO's. IMO

Me too.
The RSO has given up his rights in my opinion.
They should be euthanized just like a vicious dog.
We euthanize the dog because no matter why he is vicious he has proven himself to be a risk to the members of society that have not sacrificed their rights. And common sense tells us a dog that attacks one person is likely to attack another. We label RSO with likely to reoffend and then let them out. How in the world does that make any sense at all? It baffles me.

question....wonder what the Mom told the boyfriend on the phone, when she called from work, to make him stop and get the little twin boy? I would think it would be much easier and faster to search as an adult, and not having to watch a child in the process...just a thought....

Hi Cam
I wonder what the B/F thought of SP being home alone in his home all afternoon, and his G/F having lunch in the privacy of their home earlier..alone? eek.. I don't think it sounds good... but hey so many things are different today.

Notice how Mom has the B/F pick up the twin and go looking for Somer.... what happened to the wonderful 'family' friend watching the children, and why didn't SP attempt to go with the twin or any of the children looking.
WHY ... I have heard he has no experience as a parent.. well I accept nothing for an excuse not to help find a child, and he is suppose to be into the healing of children? yea.. okie dokie... still stinky's to me... :)

What I can't get out of my mind is the lady that said something about the garbage. Then she said something like "take that how you want to"
Remember that???
Wasn't that before they even found Somer's body?

This thread is going so fast so I am going to be re-post this info that was on JVM tonight.

Somer's father was on "Issue's with Jane Velez Mitchell" tonight for anyone that didn't know. While on there he gave out a really interesting piece of information as far as a suspect goes. Somer's father more or less said on there that he gets the feeling LE already know who the suspect is.

Was that at presser on Tuesday the 20th?

Yes I believe so, when the mother of the child it had happened told what the child said happened it could have been that lady the child was talking about. I tried to get a mental picture of how the whole incident took place acording to the lady and could not so i tried to draw it out on paper and still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57