FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so we can't post full names and addresses of RSO's?

Thanks for this info Noway, I appreciate it. Good to see he was picked up.

Generally we do not call our own WS persons of interest POI's until the media or LE call them a POI. It is confusing, so I appreciate the clarification.

Salem

I think hope got the better of some of us.

All RSO's were interviewed in the first couple of days. WLK was probably still residing at Gano Ave.

LE said they were going back to interview RSO's again. Maybe they went to Gano Ave. and were told by Debbie's daughter that WLK had moved out. He would have had to report his new address (but did not).
Geez. I have to keep reminding myself that at this point, that's ALL he's charged with. I imagine right now SOs are the hot button of LE, and ANY slip-up is going to be dealt with harshly.
Oh, I hope it's him, and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

That may be so but there are very strict policies in place for the registries and we are NOT going to post their information here just because they are required to register.

I just need some clarification, please.

We aren't allowed to post info of RSOs here?

Wow.

That is correct you may not post their personal info here unless they are directly named by LE.

I think this is my fault.

I thought if they were in public record, we could ... but they have to be in public record and connected to the case.

I don't know why I didn't get my hand slapped ... but I take responsibility for leading so many astray.

Note to Websleuthers: Don't listen to me anymore. I don't know what I'm talking about. ;)

I have found a TV broadcast on another site that we cannot say here.............
go to firstcoastnews.com and see!!!

I think I will look for a new Home, I can't get a handle on interpreting the rules. I guess its another "duh" day for me.

You're not the only one confused, cath. I can't recall any previous threads/forums on Websleuths where a RSO's privacy was protected in any way. :waitasec:

If they'd just keep the POSs in jail where they belong, it would sure cut back the list POIs in so many cases. :(

I think this is my fault.

I thought if they were in public record, we could ... but they have to be connected to the case and in public record.

I don't know why I didn't get my hand slapped ... but I take responsibility for leading so many astray.

Note to Websleuthers: Don't listen to me anymore. I don't know what I'm talking about. ;)

So alllll the posts of 'possible' RSOs involved are in violation of TOs, too? Just trying to get a handle on things...

Passionflower ... I was at the firstcoastnews site and got blasted off. Will try again but can you give hint? Use initials if you have to.

Ok, I'm going to lunch. I don't know what I can/can't post. lol
I'll think about it and be back later.
Anybody else feel scared to talk about this case at all for fear of TO?
Just wondering.

You're not the only one confused, cath. I can't recall any previous threads/forums on Websleuths where a RSO's privacy was protected in any way. :waitasec:

If they'd just keep the POSs in jail where they belong, it would sure cut back the list POIs in so many cases. :(

bbm

I totally agree!

I wish the rules about names were spelled out in an easy-to-find place. I've been around here a lot longer than it says on my profile and I'm still not sure if I'm doing it right.

Very recently (yesterday?) a newbie asked for the rules and out of my own curiosity I looked for them. Try as I might I could not find anything written about what was allowed on the public forums and what was not as far as names and addresses go. I'm not saying it doesn't exist - I just couldn't find it. It would be great if it was easier to find.

Like all of you, I thought it was okay to post names and addresses of RSOs here. In a case like this where it is very probable that the perp is a pedophile, it's kind of hard to be a websleuth if you can't talk about existing SOs, ya know?

I'm out for a bit, too.

I'm stunned that we can't post RSO info here. Stunned.

Off to lunch, friends. Lots to digest and sort through today.

For WS purposes we are going to say that unless they are actually NAMED by LE as a suspect or POI in the case at hand they are just average citizens....meaning they are due the same privacy as others on our forum.

Respectfully, I beg to differ. They are not ordinary citizens. They are RSO's whose pictures are all over the place on LE websites and billboards.

I think we need to have a forum state by state with each offender we find! If nothing else, if someone is suspicious and doesn't know where to access the information, they can google a name and it will appear here..
I am shocked too! If there are any humans (that is hard to say) on this earth who deserves to have their names plastered all over the web, it is them!

I have found a TV broadcast on another site that we cannot say here.............
go to firstcoastnews.com and see!!!

I went to firstcoastnews.com and don't see anything too exciting?

passion can you splain the first coast news thang.....tyia

Passionflower ... I was at the firstcoastnews site and got blasted off. Will try again but can you give hint? Use initials if you have to.

a link can be posted to the article on firstcoast.
I don't understand not being able to post RSO information on here. Kuhn is a predator..I think his name, address and favorite hang out should be plastered everywhere. I think he should have had a neon sign in his front yard...maybe Somer would still be alive.
Whether he took her or not..he's a predator for cryin' out loud!
This not posting RSO information is absolutely ridiculous...jmho
They gave up their right to privacy when they molested, sexually abused and raped. again jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley