WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
FACT: FBI visited Lowes.
I believe this was March 2. I know it was a Tuesday.

When I was told the type of tools it wasn't like chainsaws and hammers, I believe they were referred to as sheetrocking tools. Do they use some kind of special knives? Similar to box cutters?? I wasn't familiar with what was mentioned. Maybe if I saw one but not off the top of my head.

Jab saw. Used by dry wallers. Looks like a scary kitchen knife.
images

I put a better link a few posts down...

If she was stabbed after she stopped struggling, I don’t know if they would be able to tell if she was still alive, passed out, or dead.

Good point. I'm not an expert either, but I would think that there would be differences in the wound and blood flow/spatter after the heart stopped pumping, so that the coroner would be able to see differences between pre and post mortem injuries. Also, even if she were uncounscious but still alive, I would imagine there would still be a lot of blood.

Some quotes that stick out to me confirming a POI(s):

"On the other hand, if we get some forensic information back or someone gives us the right information, it could close very quickly.”

"We might be able to assume who committed this crime, but to ever be able to make an arrest, we don’t know.”

"I guess I’m optimistic. I feel it will be solved, maybe not in the near future, but in the reasonable future. ... I can’t be specific.”

“We’re still waiting for most of the crime lab results. I doubt we will release crime lab results either, until we have a suspect in custody.”

“To date, we’ve done at least eight polygraph exams of which the names and results will remain confidential at this time to maintain the integrity of the ongoing investigation.”

The task force remains at nine full-time detectives, Jones said, and there has been no talk of scaling back anytime soon.

Just some things that stuck out at me. Interesting tidbit on the poly's, that was a rumor I wasn't sure if I should put stock in but it's obviously true.

I've thought about that same thing.. it's hard for me to put myself in his position because I'm not him..but...
I would like to believe that regardless of how the community feels about me and regardless of where the relationship is with the parent of the child who has died...I would be there in support of the person I love and the family whether I was welcome to sit with the them or not!!!!

I would think I would too...but think about this...what if the family asked him not too because it would take away from MC's memorial...just a thought.

so this would seem to confirm our theories that it was definitely someone close to her. isn't it strangulation that they say is usually done by a murderer who knows his victim?

I don't know about "usually," or statistically speaking, but I believe Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) strangled his victims, as well as several other serial killers.

I think Killer is a white male, age 40-59, has a pickup, drives fast, and has a hot temper. I don't think Killer planned on murder; he got enraged and violent. I also have a feeling Killer reads here, at WS.
The above is my ESP-gut feeling, that I had about the situation before I even joined WS. This is not fact, nor is it rumor, so please don't repeat it.

I am guessing killer took the car to PC after the murder, and after placing the body at CB. This is also neither, fact, nor rumor...it's my guess.

Give me the creeps/chills to think the killer is reading everything here but I'm sure you're 100% correct. Considering he isn't in custody yet, he is out there reading everything he can about this I'm sure... :eek:

Give me the creeps/chills to think the killer is reading everything here but I'm sure you're 100% correct. Considering he isn't in custody yet, he is out there reading everything he can about this I'm sure... :eek:

There certainly has been a huge jump in interest in this thread after the news articles came out.

I follow you- but- here are my thoughts:

The now disclosed facts that she died of "manual strangulation and stab wounds to the neck" seems to reinforce what we have discussed previously as sourced by rumor:

- a bag was likely placed over her head, and it was tightened with tape or tied. This would be for strangualtion- MY OPINION

-she did not die and was killed by stabbing, possible throat slash, etc- MY OPINION

MY OPINION is that if attempted strangualtion occured in this manner, the blood would be pretty profuse.

“Blunt impact to the head” also significantly contributed to her death, the certificate said. It notes that the time interval between the homicidal violence and death was “brief.”

This also seems to confirm so previously developed theories here that had been rumor based- mainly- she had been beaten brutally before being killed.

Although it is good to get some confirmation on what killed her, it truly saddens me to know how she died. No matter how brief the time between violence and death were- it had to be horrible.

The poor girl.

Let's keep putting things together as best we can from the clues we have. And let's hope LE nails this monster soon...

Marks produced by manual strangulation are different than ligature strangulation. Manual strangulation involves hands or blunt objects. Ligature strangulation involves something being wrapped around a person throat. A bag being placed on her head and tightened is a ligature strangulates with some suffocation. That is not what the paper stated.

What kind of bushes/trees/foliage/cover are found near the boat launch?

This is really a long shot, and strictly my opinion, but could she have been killed at the launch or in the park around there? I know it would have still been light out, but is there a place where she could have wandered off with someone and not been seen?

Could the blunt head strike have happened, knocking her unconscious, then the strangulation/stabbing? Could this have been done somewhat quietly and away from visibility?

Could the killer have left her there, out of view, for a time? Ditched the car up PC?

Come back with a boat and trailer and used the boat launch like a normal boater or fisher? Picked up her body, close to the shore where he left it, and stashed it in the boat, below the deck?

Trailered the boat, and driven to CB or the other launch folks were talking about and either pulled into the CB house driveway (did someone speculate that the skid marks looked like they'd been made by a trailer?) or boated down to the duck blind to place the body?

Again, wild speculation and not based on anything but my imagination.

ETA: Could this be why they haven't found evidence of homicide at the properties searched? Because it wasn't done at a private property, but on public grounds?

I follow you- but- here are my thoughts:

The now disclosed facts that she died of "manual strangulation and stab wounds to the neck" seems to reinforce what we have discussed previously as sourced by rumor:

- a bag was likely placed over her head, and it was tightened with tape or tied. This would be for strangualtion- MY OPINION

-she did not die and was killed by stabbing, possible throat slash, etc- MY OPINION

MY OPINION is that if attempted strangualtion occured in this manner, the blood would be pretty profuse.

“Blunt impact to the head” also significantly contributed to her death, the certificate said. It notes that the time interval between the homicidal violence and death was “brief.”

This also seems to confirm so previously developed theories here that had been rumor based- mainly- she had been beaten brutally before being killed.

Although it is good to get some confirmation on what killed her, it truly saddens me to know how she died. No matter how brief the time between violence and death were- it had to be horrible.

The poor girl.

Let's keep putting things together as best we can from the clues we have. And let's hope LE nails this monster soon...

As to statements in red:

It does not word it the same way you did. It says the time interval between the homicidal violence and death was “brief.”

Other violence could have gone on for hours.

I'm pretty sure that term is used in reference to any type of strangulation that is performed by another being. This would be in opposition to accidental strangulation- as caused by choking to death accidentally. Or "self inflicted" which would be suicude (hanging, etc.)

99% certain manual strangulation can be any type of strangulation that is not accidental or caused biologically.

Unless the corner is fudging on his paper work, manual strangulation has a specific definition.

Marks produced by manual strangulation are different than ligature strangulation. Manual strangulation involves hands or blunt objects. Ligature strangulation involves something being wrapped around a person throat. A bag being placed on her head and tightened is a ligature strangulates with some suffocation. That is not what the paper stated.

I agree with you, and yes- whoever noted that strangulation is a very intimate way to cause death is correct. The bag being placed over her head if done post mortem could also indicate that someone who "cared" about her did not wish to look at her face.

he's probably just hoping that LE aren't as clever as all of you!! :clap:

I believe "manual strangulation" also points to a man doing this crime. Upper body and arm strength. Generally speaking of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny