WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jab saw. Used by dry wallers. Looks like a scary kitchen knife.
images

Thanks Greydiggity. That might be it, however, the person describe it looking like a box cutter. When I google sheetrock knives I got a picture of this..

Maybe this was what they meant???
http://www.tilesetterstoystore.com/.../product/9d32a06df18a34d08ecd2a50d96b6404.jpg

I'm pretty sure that term is used in reference to any type of strangulation that is performed by another being. This would be in opposition to accidental strangulation- as caused by choking to death accidentally. Or "self inflicted" which would be suicude (hanging, etc.)

99% certain manual strangulation can be any type of strangulation that is not accidental or caused biologically.

After checking some sources, I could be wrong here and rather than edit, I think it best I just write a correction.

According to what I just read, there are three types of strangulation generally referenced;

- Manual Strangulation- done by hands, fingers and extremeties
- Ligature Strangualtion
- Hanging

So yes, someone likely tried to choke her to death by hand. The bag may well have been put on later.

Good Lord, what a monster...

Keep in mind that LE went to at least two businesses in search of a knife type of weapon?

I believe that has yet to be admitted/confirmed by LE or media. Still, IF there is any truth to the rumors about attempted dismemberment, they could be looking for the "tool/knife" used for that. MOO

I believe "manual strangulation" also points to a man doing this crime. Upper body and arm strength. Generally speaking of course.

According to what I read, this type of strangulation produces a “flight or fight” response in the individual. In order to succeed, the attacked would have had to have total control over her and even then she would have fought back to a degree, most likely a man but defiantly someone stronger that MC. I wonder if she had a secret admirer at Gold’s?

Welcome to all of our new members and posters!!! :)

Terms of Service

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Being Rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS, if they ask a question you think has already been discussed just pass on by it, do not tell them to get up to speed before posting, that is rude and against our TOS. If anyone has a problem with a post please alert us to it in the top right corner. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark. Thanks and lets keep focused on Mackenzie.

ETA: Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion; that is part of being "a decent human being."

Ima

Thanks for the reminders. These rules are what make this site so great! :gomods:

I believe that has yet to be admitted/confirmed by LE or media. Still, IF there is any truth to the rumors about attempted dismemberment, they could be looking for the "tool/knife" used for that. MOO

Hasn't been stated by LE but I can tell you at least one place is FACT. I can't speak for any of the other stores though.

Also wanted to add for the newbs who may not have read it yet, that NO, the business in question had not sold that particular knife set for a few years, and they were totally flabbergasted about the kitchen shears since that kind of item would not be sold there. LE also did not hint at any particular reason for the questioning, so AFAIK it could be for a stabbing done 25 years ago, but somehow I don't think so. That kind of crime is super rare here, and aside from the Huffman's I can't think of any fatal stabbing in the area that would prompt them to search, and that case slammed shut years ago. I assume fatal because why do you need to search out a weapon sale if you have a living victim able to testify?

IMO this could have been done in a kitchen ie, kitchen shears as the point object and the jab saw used later. Why ask about kitchen shears.They must be pretty heavy duty. Also could these particular shears been used for hunting purposes for the cleaning of animals? makes me wonder due to the duck blind location at CB. Also did you notice where they left out where they had interviewed people at. Eaglerock and Sunnyslope was not mentioned. hmmmm

When a murderer strangles a person does he leave his hand and finger indentions or finger prints?

Maybe Killer left DNA on the bag and MC's clothing. I hope so.

but the article stated she was stabbed...can this stab or can it just cut??

We are fortunate that the paper printed the exact words used in the coroner’s report. Stabbed would mean that something pointed, I assume. It does not necessarily have an edge just a sharp point. Since LE is looking for a tool, I assume they know what this sharp object is?

I've seen drywallers (a.k.a. sheetrockers) use utility knives to perforate the board and then it breaks apart cleanly.

drywallers use a utility knife for the clean edge for breaking the board. the jab saw is used to cut out light holes plug in holes light switch holes etc.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the bag over her head has been confirmed...just mentioned here as RUMOR...

I've seen drywallers (a.k.a. sheetrockers) use utility knives to perforate the board and then it breaks apart cleanly.

Thank you Giddyup! I didn't know that they were the same thing. Sorry for my stupidity. As you can see I'm not familiar with construction terms. lol :doh:

IMO this could have been done in a kitchen ie, kitchen shears as the point object and the jab saw used later. Why ask about kitchen shears.They must be pretty heavy duty. Also could these particular shears been used for hunting purposes for the cleaning of animals? makes me wonder due to the duck blind location at CB. Also did you notice where they left out where they had interviewed people at. Eaglerock and Sunnyslope was not mentioned. hmmmm

CB has a perfectly secluded outdoor kitchen with wet bar on the back patio. <redacted>, wondering if any items were left at this outdoor kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member