MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

Over a year has passed now since Nevaeh's body was found. I keep looking into this site hoping to find more people from the community posting here and sharing ideas. I keep hoping law enforcement would have someone arrested by now UNLESS HE IS ALREADY BEHIND BARS. This crime is so disturbing and heartbreaking in light of the fact Nevaeh did not have a chance since her mother was involved with sex offenders. It is beyond heartbreaking for a grandmother who nurtured and loved this little girl so much. My heart goes out to her. Surely, surely, someone knows who did this. How can your little community rest and sleep in peace knowing that a sick animal could be out there lurking in the area?? I think of our dear Chelsea who was found raped and murdered in the San Diego area. Thousands reached out to help in the case. Why is this not happening in Nevaeh's town?? I find it extremely sad for Nevaeh deserved as much attention as Chelsea's case did here. I agree with another poster on here that perhaps new faces in the investigation need to be brought in if there is no PASSION to solve the case.

Neveah's body was not found until June 4th 2009

It is very disturbing no arrest yet. I was hoping when she was found LE would have the evidence they needed.

Justice for Nevaeh.

Hoping that there is a break in Nevaeh's case soon - so little news makes one wonder if anybody is looking for her killer or if a case is being built. Who would kill this beautiful child?

Attachments

• Nevaeh.jpg
    Nevaeh.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 8
Keep hoping every day that someone will finally
be charged for this heinous crime.

nzf7o5.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (May 10, 2010)– MONROE, MI: Justice for Nevaeh, an association devoted to seeking Justice for Nevaeh Buchanan, a five-year old little girl who was abducted last year while pla...ying outsideher home in Monroe and brutally murdered, is offering up to $1,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for committing this heinous crime.

“The citizens of Monroe and the surrounding areas came together to search tirelessly to help find little Nevaeh during the time she was missing” said representatives of Justice for Nevaeh. “Now we need the community’s help in solving this crime. Justice for Nevaeh is devoted to seeing an arrest and conviction and is offering a way to provide information anonymously.

We don’t want your name. We want your information, no matter how insignificant it may seem. It is often something simple, like someone unexpectedly missing work, falling ill, selling a car, or moving, that provides the one key thing that pulls the entire case together and gets a child killer off the streets. That’s our goal.”
Anyone having information should call Justice for Nevaeh’s anonymous tip line or (734) 419-3232 or (412) 849-0079. Information may also be sent anonymously by email to Justice4Nevaeh@gmail.com.

5b5mok.jpg

I just totally do not understand why in the the hell Nevaeh's case has not been solved, why this person is still out there. She was found a few days after the murder incased in cement, down an extremely steep incline. You can not tell me that there was no forensics left at this scene. I pray that LE did not drop the ball here.

Posted: 7:08 a.m. May 18, 2010
Carnival event to honor Nevaeh's memory

Those still searching for her killer will commemorate 5-year-old Nevaeh's life with a carnival-type event in Monroe on Saturday, nearly a year after her death.
The community group Justice for Nevaeh is sponsoring "Remembering Nevaeh - One Year Later" at the Moose Lodge near the Monroe apartment complex where the girl was kidnapped May 24, 2009.

"We didn’t want to word it as a celebration, we didn’t want it to call it an anniversary," the group's co-chairwoman Risa Thompson, 42, of Livonia, a distant cousin of Nevaeh's father, said today. "But since Nevaeh was so young and innocent, we wanted to gear it toward the kids. We wanted the kids to have fun, and enjoy being a child. But at the same time it’s going to give the parents the knowledge to protect their child against another heinous crime."

From noon to 9 p.m., bounce houses, carnival games with prizes, food, live entertainment and exhibitions by local gymnastics and karate students will take place in the parking lot at 1320 North Macomb Street, where volunteers gathered a year ago to mobilize searches.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100518/NEWS02/100518014/1320/Carnival-event-to-honor-Nevaehs-memory

Nevaeh killer reward fund increased
Combined reward now sits at $22,500
Updated: Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 12:00 AM EDT

MONROE, Mich. (WUPW) - A group in Monroe, Mich. hopes more cash will lead police to find Nevaeh Buchanan's killer.

Justice for Nevaeh is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

The $1,500 is separate from the $20,000 offered from the FBI and $1,000 from Michigan Crime Stoppers

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Nevaeh-killer-reward-fund-increased

I am popping in to show my support for Neveah and justice for her. Kayleah Wilson was just found in a drainage ditch and for some reason I think her case for justice may drag out equally long.

I pray for justice for both of these girls.

popping in again to support Neveah. I promise to be better in keeping your case "bumped up"

I cannot believe no one has been arrested. Kill a kid and get by with it seems to be the status quo these days. Geeze louise.

One year later, Nevaeh's killer still sought
by Amulya Raghuveer
Posted: 05.24.2010 at 11:19 AM

MONROE, MICH. -- One year ago Monday, 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan went missing from outside her Monroe apartment complex. Just days later she was found dead. Her family is still waiting for answers.

The little girls was kidnapped while playing outside the apartment building where she lived with her mother and grandmother. After weeks of searching, Nevaeh's body was found buried in a shallow grave along the River Raisin. Her killer remains at large

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=461016

Nevaeh Buchanan's killer still at large one year laterMonday, May 24, 2010

One year ago today, 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared. Her body was found several days later. The story made headlines across the nation, but to this day no one has ever been charged in her death. Nevaeh's murder remains a mystery.

"My whole family is still traumatized by it," says Diana Lawson, Nevaeh's great aunt. She wears a t-shirt with Nevaeh's face and drives around town with a flyer on her car to remind residents that the case of "Monroe's Little Angel" is still unsolved.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about any potential leads. Nevaeh disappeared from the Charlotte Arms Apartments in May 2009. In the days after she went missing, persons of interest surfaced, but no charges were filed. Her body, encased in cement, was then discovered by two fishermen on the bank of the River Raisin.

The sheriff's office is offering a $20,000 reward in her case

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7458980

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal