MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

I want Navaeh's killer(s) to know, in the words of Diena Thompson, "We're coming for you...We'll get you." In the meantime, until we do, you'll sleep with one eye open, your heart will pound at the sound of every car that pulls up, and everywhere you go, you'll be looking over your shoulder because, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, you will be caught. We're coming for you...and justice will be done.
JUSTICE IS COMING NAVAEH!!

Here is a link to a video with excerpts from the Easter interview with the Detroit Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/section/videoN...+about+the+Nevaeh+Buchanan+murder/91440777001

I feel bad for the guy if he is innocent, but I can see why people are suspicious of him. He went outside and burned things right after coming home from a 12 hour interrogation, he's been arrested for indecent exposure in the past, he has tons of *advertiser censored* and a Ted Bundy video, he describes how he would have went about taking Nevaeh and how he thinks the person strangled Nevaeh and buried her, etc.

Posted: June 13, 2010
Other 2 persons of interest in case back in prison

Two of the three men who were named persons of interest in Nevaeh Buchanan's May 24, 2009, disappearance are now back in prison.

The day after Nevaeh went missing, police locked up George Kennedy, 39, of Monroe, a friend of Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan. He was a registered sex offender convicted in 2002 of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for raping a 15-year-old girl behind a gas station.
Just being around Buchanan was a violation of his parole, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections. Kennedy will be eligible for parole again May 24, 2011. He declined a Free Press request to talk about the case.
Police also locked up Roy Smith, 48, of Monroe, another acquaintance of Buchanan. Court records show Smith was convicted of third-degree criminal sexual conduct in 1991. He also was named a person of interest, but -- like Kennedy -- was never charged in the Nevaeh case.

http://www.freep.com/article/201006...-2-persons-of-interest-in-case-back-in-prison

Posted: June 13, 2010
Time line in the case of Nevaeh Buchanan
JEFF SEIDEL

May 24, 2009: Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, of Monroe is reported missing. Amber Alert issued. George Kennedy, 39, a friend of the girl's mother, is locked up in the Monroe County Jail. Authorities -- describing him as a person of interest -- seek to determine whether he violated parole by being around the girl; he was convicted in 2002 of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

May 25, 2009: Roy Smith, 48, of Monroe, another acquaintance of the mother, is jailed as state corrections officials review whether he, too, violated parole on a 1991 third-degree criminal sexual conduct conviction.
May 26, 2009: Volunteers continue search.
May 27, 2009: Investigators search Kennedy's hotel room, finding blood on a wall near a sink and on a pair of shorts and a towel.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100613/FEATURES01/6130461/Time-line-in-the-case-of-Nevaeh-Buchanan

bilde

One year later: Who killed Nevaeh Buchanan?
Her murder gripped Michigan. In Monroe, it has never let go.

Day one of three

• DAY TWO: In Nevaeh case, search for answers brings peace

• DAY THREE: Nevaeh's mom caught between pain, anger

MONROE -- A simple surveillance camera about the size of a pack of cigarettes is wedged between the kitchen window and the sill. A cable snakes around the sink, across the counter and into the family room until it connects to a 12-inch, black-and-white TV.
Christina Pillette, 61, perches on her couch, watching that television, looking for clues, sometimes for hours at a time, acting like a real-life detective in some real-life TV show, trying to solve the year-old slaying that still haunts Monroe: Who killed 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan, burying her in a shallow grave, covering her with cement by the River Raisin?

• COMPLETE COVERAGE: The search for Nevaeh's killer

• RELATED COVERAGE: Time line in the case of Nevaeh Buchanan

• RELATED COVERAGE: Other 2 persons of interest in case back in prison
"There he is," Pillette says excitedly, watching as her neighbor, James Easter, walks out of his Monroe duplex. Police named Easter one of three persons of interest in the case on May 31, 2009, seven days after Nevaeh disappeared. He was questioned but never charged with any crime. The other two men were returned to prison for violating parole.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100613/FEATURES01/6130459/One-year-later-Who-killed-Nevaeh-Buchanan-

Nevaeh's mom caught between pain, anger
BY JEFF SEIDEL
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

MONROE -- Jennifer Buchanan met with a detective and begged for information. Tidbits. Anything.

Was her 5-year-old daughter Nevaeh wearing clothes when the police found her body June 4, 2009? Could she just see them? Could she touch them?

She needed details to help her deal with the frustration and anger that had built up in the year that had passed since her little girl was abducted and killed.

"I told them, 'If you guys don't have anything, just tell me,' " she said. "They are keeping us in suspense."

Detectives from the Monroe County Sheriff's Office say they are trying to keep some details secret, things only the child's killer would know. And they refused to let her see the clothes found in the shallow grave by the River Raisin.

http://www.freep.com/article/201006...eatures/Nevaehs-mom-caught-between-pain-anger

The group that has been doing the reward poster campaign's and who also put out their own reward money has a website at Google (below) that lists current events. The latest event listed is:

Justice for Nevaeh Anonymous Reward Event

Justice for Nevaeh will be hosting a Poster Canvassing Event on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 beginning around 8:00 at the Moose Lodge on Macomb Street, Monroe. The event is primarily geared toward publicizing Justice for Nevaeh's $1,500, totally anonymous Reward Campaign. Posters will be available for those who are graciously willing to help us distribute them. Please stop by, pick up some posters, and learn about the ins-and-outs of how the Justice for Nevaeh Totally Anonymous Reward Campaign works.

Link to website: https://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/home

Nevaeh's mom caught between pain, anger
BY JEFF SEIDEL
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

MONROE -- Jennifer Buchanan met with a detective and begged for information. Tidbits. Anything.

Was her 5-year-old daughter Nevaeh wearing clothes when the police found her body June 4, 2009? Could she just see them? Could she touch them?

She needed details to help her deal with the frustration and anger that had built up in the year that had passed since her little girl was abducted and killed.

"I told them, 'If you guys don't have anything, just tell me,' " she said. "They are keeping us in suspense."

Detectives from the Monroe County Sheriff's Office say they are trying to keep some details secret, things only the child's killer would know. And they refused to let her see the clothes found in the shallow grave by the River Raisin.

http://www.freep.com/article/201006...eatures/Nevaehs-mom-caught-between-pain-anger

As hard as I try I just can't feel sorry for this mother. She exposed this innocent little girl to the worst of the worst and now she feels ANGER? Sorry but I can see why detectives aren't sharing anything with her...............

I found a reference to the below item from a comment on a Facebook page that was originally created to help find Nevaeh "Justice for Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan-Monroe's Little Angel ~RIP~" (link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119955398019861&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=83164522508)

It took me awhile to find the source.

Monroe Evening News
IN THE COURTS
Published: June 17, 2010

CIRCUIT COURT - JUDGE COSTELLO

Facing Charges

Guy L. Bickley, 53, 2374 Newport Rd. Newport, MI.
Delivering controlled substance between 5 and 45 kilograms.
Pretrial conference June 25.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...rpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

As hard as I try I just can't feel sorry for this mother. She exposed this innocent little girl to the worst of the worst and now she feels ANGER? Sorry but I can see why detectives aren't sharing anything with her...............

From what I understand the police aren't sharing much with any of the family member's. If you go back and read or watch articles from early on, it seems all of the mother's immediate family were aware that Nevaeh was exposed to SO's. I believe her brother, Nevaeh's uncle, Mike B. said on air that he argued with her about it, but what could he do? How about call the SO's PO and have him arrested for starters? Such a shame.

Just bumping this to keep poor Neveah in the news.

Lets arrest someone soon, Please.

Another bump for Nevaeh. Wish there was some news about justice for you, little angel.

When Nevaeh was found, I was so hopeful that authorities would be able to make an arrest after all the evidence at the scene was analyzed. But so much time has gone by. The finality that she is dead is comforting: people who loved her and searched for her aren't haunted that's she's out there somewhere. But it is frustrating that her killer has not been arrested.

Good afternoon everyone! This is my very first Websleuths post! Anyway, my "blog" name is Jess Star, and I am a principal in the group Justice for Nevaeh. You can learn more about our group by visiting our website, http://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/

I would like to take this opportunity to announce our upcoming event, Nevaeh's Back to School Safety Event. Hopefully I do this right--if so, the invitation will appear below! Thank you.

August15Invite.jpg

Attachments

• August15Invite.jpg
    August15Invite.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads