2010.07.14 Investigators re-interviewing people who saw Kyron; Kyron seen w/out Terri

How awful. Prayers and hugs for all, sleuthy...

It is hard to watch this little boy wonder what has happened to his mom, she was just gone when he was supposed to be going home to her after his weekend with dad. I feel so bad for him, my 4 year plays with him and looks up to him so much and my mother is friends with the father of her other son who is 6. This has been hard on all of them and what brought me to WS.

It is harder to see the little ones that are missing, but at the same time harder to watch the little ones whose parents were taken from them before they had a chance to grow up. We always want to be the ones that leave before our children do, but at the same time we don't want to leave them too soon.

He could have meant he saw the truck when he got to school.

After watching the video it makes me think he was talking about seeing the truck and Kyron at the same time but I know taking a child's words literally is probably not the wisest thing to do.

He may have seen the truck when he got to school. He doesn't say he saw it at the time he was with Kyron in the gym.

Hmm, the way it is written in the article leads me to believe he saw the truck in the parking lot during the science fair. It may be the writer of the story or may be something else. I can see where different people will interpret that sentence differently. I"m okay with the old saying, 'lets agree to disagree!'. I just don't want you to think I want to argue that point, because I don't. UGH - crazy case! :banghead:

Honestly, with as much as has been leaked about this case, if someone saw them leave together, I think we'd know about it. This case practically hinges on whether or not Terri left the school with Kyron.

Also, I base some of my theory on one of Desiree's statements about a portal opening up inside of the school and Kyron disappearing into it. IMHO, if they knew Terri left with Kyron, she wouldn't have said that.

From a manpower and money standpoint, if the hundreds of interviews had produced credible information about Terri leaving with Kyron, then why inundate the department with questionnaires repeating the information? IMHO, the interviews failed to produce the evidence they needed to corroborate LE's theory, and the questionnaire was trying to reel in the person or persons who could verify that Terri left with Kyron. I still don't think they have that.

It would be a gamechanger if there was a witness who would testify under oath that Terri left the school with Kyron.

Let's say that LE is not even sharing all it knows with KH and DY. For the sake of argument, let's say that the DA is smart and you are the DA. Would you want game-changing, "gotcha" evidence available to the defense, much less the public? Would it be worth it to spend the $ to make sure that what you believe to be true cannot be readily debunked? I'm not so sure that LE had a firm working theory at the time the first interviews took place. Once a theory was formulated, the questionnaire was likely an attempt to debunk it. If that didn't happen, the next step would be to substantiate the interviews with a re-do. I'm not saying this is what is happening; I'm just saying it could make sense.

Anybody know where the gym is? I'm still looking for the floorplan pics. Is it the building with the white roof? The larger one? or the grey roof building in the back?

School4.jpg

Hi Rosiebean,

That summation is, as I've stated in other posts, my opinion. It's based on the fact that Kyron's friend has said since the get-go that he saw Kyron, and his account appeared to be a quick conversation without the SM. Because LE kept saying that the SM was the last person to see Kyron, and the little boy's account seemed to say something different, I was concerned that his report was being discounted. Sorry, I don't remember exactly where I've posted on this, but if you click my name you can find all my posts.

I'm still worried about LE tunnel vision in this case, and so I'm very glad that the child's account is being discussed and that they're looking at that family's pictures of that day. I sure do want Kyron found--and a clean case to go to court.
I realize that the friend saw Kyron without TH, but...IMO...just because the friend didn't see TH doesn't mean she was not there. I've been to these kind of events....kids run ahead of their teachers and parents, and the interaction described by the friend was brief ("I'm going see this cool electronic exhibit"). TH could have been a step ahead or behind Kyron and the friend did not notice. Depending on what time he saw Kyron would tell LE if TH was there or not. For instance, if he told LE, "I saw Kyron alone right before the 8:25 warning bell" and a teacher told LE, "I was chatting quickly with TH in the hall when the 8:25 warning bell chimed"...well, you get that the friend might have seen Kyron without seeing TH.

From very early on in the investigation, LE indicated that they were talking to everyone at the school, including kids, and that one of the reasons they weren't releasing specific information was so that they didn't influence impressionable minds. That alone told me that they were being very careful in talking to the kids and wanted to use the data gained from the kids in a meaningful way. IMO, just because LE's statements contradicted a 7-year-old's statement in no way meant they were overlooking it...it merely meant, IMO, that the 7-year-old did not have the full range of data that LE had.

The deskmate's saying that he saw Kyron in NO WAY discounts that TH was the last person to see Kyron. The kid might have seen Kyron but not TH (while many others saw TH during that same time). Also, someone might have seen Kyron and TH together well after the deskmate saw Kyron alone on his way to the electronic exhibit. The fact is, LE has said that TH is the last known person to have seen Kyron, and they were very firm about that. That statement...IMO...on its face does not negate the deskmate's statement...it merely puts it into context, again IMO.

Edited to add: they talked to the child in question well before this week and looked at their family pictures before this week. Again, this goes to how careful LE was to interview everyone in the early days. I have seen nothing...IMO...that leads me to think that LE did not take all witness accounts seriously.

Small school, Terri has been volunteering her time there over the years Kyrons been there. Perhaps this kid and his family knows them personally, My son Tristan can tell you what every teacher drives and what their license plate # is and he is only 10 .... :)

My 8 year old who has Down Syndrome can tell me what kind of vehicle, make and model almost all the teachers at his school drive (and what town they live in too) and his school is not a whole lot bigger than Kyron's school - same goes for all our immediate relatives' vehicles (and towns or cities where they live) as well. I can't disregard this kid's statement based on his age alone.

Anybody know where the gym is? I'm still looking for the floorplan pics.

School4.jpg

(wish I could remember who coined it thusly, but...) the gymacafetorium is the large bottom part of the building in this picture, with the two windows.

Anybody know where the gym is? I'm still looking for the floorplan pics.

School4.jpg

BeanE, if I remember correctly, somewhere in this thread, you should see floorplans of the school. Combined with aerial shots, and the pictures from gwenabob, you can see how easy it was to get Kyron out of the school.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106904"]Skyline Elementary School - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Well, we do have one person who says he saw her leave the school - the little classmate.
But..... this little boy also referred to a substitute teacher that was inside the classroom that day. Matt Shelby, Portland Public Schools, stated that there was NOT a substitute teacher in this class on June 4th. This little boy may be an unreliable witness because of his statement about the substitute.

Why is it that none of these people recall seeing TH with her toddler? Her husband stated that, to the best of his knowledge, she took the toddler to the science fair.

BeanE, if I remember correctly, somewhere in this thread, you should see floorplans of the school. Combined with aerial shots, and the pictures from gwenabob, you can see how easy it was to get Kyron out of the school.

Skyline Elementary School - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I was looking in that thread but it looks like the bandwidth may have been exceeded for today on the floorplans.

(And I think it would be extremely difficult to get a child out of the school on a day with all those extra adults milling about without anyone seeing. Also extremely high risk, especially if one were planning on murdering said child. But that's a different discussion altogether.)

Let's say that LE is not even sharing all it knows with KH and DY. For the sake of argument, let's say that the DA is smart and you are the DA. Would you want game-changing, "gotcha" evidence available to the defense, much less the public? Would it be worth it to spend the $ to make sure that what you believe to be true cannot be readily debunked? I'm not so sure that LE had a firm working theory at the time the first interviews took place. Once a theory was formulated, the questionnaire was likely an attempt to debunk it. If that didn't happen, the next step would be to substantiate the interviews with a re-do. I'm not saying this is what is happening; I'm just saying it could make sense.

Gotcha evidence and gamechanging evidence are different, IMHO. Gotcha is the cell phone pings or her being at Albertsons or FM when she was supposed to be somewhere else. Gamechanging is someone seeing her leave with the very child who is still missing, the child she says she left at school. That kind of evidence would necessitate an arrest, IMHO.

But..... this little boy also referred to a substitute teacher that was inside the classroom that day. Matt Shelby, Portland Public Schools, stated that there was NOT a substitute teacher in this class on June 4th. This little boy may be an unreliable witness because of his statement about the substitute.

Why is it that none of these people recall seeing TH with her toddler? Her husband stated that, to the best of his knowledge, she took the toddler to the science fair.

A 7 year old may well refer to an adult assistant as a 'substitute'.

I don't think it's that no one recalls seeing the baby. I think the vast majority of people are complying with a LE request not to talk about it. Kaine certainly was sure Terri had the baby at the school.

And again, we return to the question of the case!! Amazing, isn't it?

Gotcha evidence and gamechanging evidence are different, IMHO. Gotcha is the cell phone pings or her being at Albertsons or FM when she was supposed to be somewhere else. Gamechanging is someone seeing her leave with the very child who is still missing, the child she says she left at school. That kind of evidence would necessitate an arrest, IMHO.

I agree. My question still stands, however... just put an "and/or" in the place of the comma :deal:

ETA: That's all for me tonight - good sleuthing, all.
To Kyron: Your smile lights so many lives ~ sweet dreams little man ~ may you soon be home.

in the presser:

did anyone see Kyron leave the school?

le: no comment

((my thought... is yes.. someone or multiple persons saw them leave the school.. and we just cannot confirm it yet)
MOO is that more than one witness saw them walking toward an exit or just outside of an exit...but did not see them get into the truck or drive away. Just seeing them walk toward the exit doesn't prove they left (even if it contradicts TH's story). I'm also of the opinion that there's some interesting things about the 'doctor visit' yet to come out and the teacher who marked Kyron absent had every reason to feel she was correct in doing so...but that's just MOO.

I was looking in that thread but it looks like the bandwidth may have been exceeded for today on the floorplans.

(And I think it would be extremely difficult to get a child out of the school on a day with all those extra adults milling about without anyone seeing. Also extremely high risk, especially if one were planning on murdering said child. But that's a different discussion altogether.)

Darn, I'm sorry! I could have sworn there was a link in that thread with the floorplans, or that somewhere in this forum, there is a link to the floorplan at skyline school. Maybe it was at the very top of the skyline school thread? :waitasec:

I realize that none of us want to believe that TH had anything to do with little Kyron's disappearance. That's pretty much a given. I don't want to either, but the evidence that we've seen so far is leading me that way. The FBI came into this case very early on and I have this gut feeling that they are the ones who are calling the shots in this case. I believe there has been a plan in place for several weeks now and what we are hearing is exactly what LE wants us (and more importantly, TH) to hear. I also believe that TH has an accomplice (if for no other reason than someone was helping her with the baby that morning). This "firming up" of the timeline encourages me to believe that LE may be getting ready to make a significant move. I pray it is so for Kyron and his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back