Spicher was gone 3+ hours on day Kyron vanished

I would like to know why the timeframe for DD being allegedly unaccounted for on the farm was first reported to be from around 11:15 (or 11:30, depending on who you read) to about 1:00, and then later changed from 10:00-ish to about 1:00. For weeks, the first timeframe was what had been reported, then suddenly, it changed - adding an extra hour or so, with no explanation of why it suddenly changed.

As far as I'm concerned, if a *source* of info or a media outlet is going to change info that had previously been reported, there should at least be an explanation as to why it was changed - if for no other reason than for clarity's sake, not to mention for the sake of the credibility of the *source's* info & the media outlet who is reporting the *source's* info.

MOO

I noticed that the changed when the Dede flier came out to match the time LE had on there...

I like to note all the different times that have been reported by the reliable unnamed sources: 11:30, 11:15, 10, 9:45, changed back to 10, 10:30.

The worst is the time change when the Dede flier came out. The second worse is the reporting of Dede abruptly leaving at a specific time, which indicates someone had to see that, and then a change in time after that, which indicates the person didn't see it at all.

I've never given much credence to unnamed sources. It's particularly difficult for me in this case, when it's just about all we have. Even that wouldn't be so bad if it was the same unnamed source, and they gave consistently accurate and reliable info.

This situation though is deplorable.

I agree with the idea that if the workers had been notified at some prior point regarding lunch being served that day (perhaps when they were hired or perhaps that same morning), and if DD knew about it ahead of time, then her skipping out on lunch with no explanation would have been conspicuous, IMO.

Not the thing to do if one is involved in an alleged carefully planned plot to assist someone in a criminal act.

If I am to speculate on a scenario in which DD was an accomplice in whatever happened to Kyron, and it was planned to the extent in which some scenarios suggest (and in which other scenarios insist) was planned to the nth degree, DD would have more than likely, IMO, notified the owner of the farm (or at least a co-worker) that she had lunch plans elsewhere that day.

MOO

It always sounded to me as though this were a one day or very short term type of thing - did DeDe regularly work at this farm? Was it paid work or volunteering in preparation for the tour that was to occur the next day?

It always sounded to me as though this were a one day or very short term type of thing - did DeDe regularly work at this farm? Was it paid work or volunteering in preparation for the tour that was to occur the next day?

she was tweeting with the HO in May about them making the news in garden design...so at least she knew them before june 4th

Very nice article. Congrats! RT @yogacowgirls hooray! we're in Garden Design! http://tinyurl.com/2bgqfrf

http://twitter.com/dedejustdede

I don't recall if it's been reported - was this Dede's first day on the job? Had she ever worked there before?

No. She had been working there since the end of April - early May.

So these big lunches are a common thing. Are they generally served at the same time every day? Or does that vary? Are new workers informed of the lunch beforehand and what time it will be served?

I'm curious why the owner and co-worker were calling Dede, which would indicate that they knew Dede didn't know about the lunch or didn't know what time it was going to be served.
What if someone is on a special diet or is a finicky eater? Would they bring their lunch to the lunch area generally? Or would they just eat alone because it would be seen as rude not to eat what was served?

And what about people who prefer to eat alone, who don't like crowds or whatever? Is it considered rude not to go to the lunches?

Would it be commonplace if someone doesn't show up for the lunch that the owner of the place and/or another worker would go off and search the entire place for them?

It indicates to me that they were wondering why she wasn't at lunch. jmoo

No. She had been working there since the end of April - early May.

Hmm ... maybe it was an appreciation lunch - or something special because of the event going on the next day. In which case, she might not have expected it. Or maybe whatever it was that prevented DeDe from attending was more important in her mind.

she was tweeting with the HO in May about them making the news in garden design...so at least she knew them before june 4th

Very nice article. Congrats! RT @yogacowgirls hooray! we're in Garden Design! http://tinyurl.com/2bgqfrf

http://twitter.com/dedejustdede

Absolutely gorgeous! The details of converting it into eco friendly grounds/residence are amazing. What a shame all this is happening to that lovely family. moo mho

Absolutely gorgeous! The details of converting it into eco friendly grounds/residence are amazing. What a shame all this is happening to that lovely family. moo mho

It is lovely, isn't it. I have lusted after that home :blushing:

I've never given much credence to unnamed sources. It's particularly difficult for me in this case, when it's just about all we have. Even that wouldn't be so bad if it was the same unnamed source, and they gave consistently accurate and reliable info.

I couldn't agree more. We get these supposed "updates" every other day, and yet we instinctively, and often smartly, take every word, no matter the source, with a grain of salt, knowing there's a blurred line.

It's going to come down to a trial for truth, or at least the closest we're going to get to truth, to reveal itself. And in the midst of all this is an innocent 7 year-old with a toothy smile.

Not sure that her phone wasn't charged and working. I have no information about that. Simply not answering it isn't indicative of a crime. Much like skipping a meal isn't indicative of a crime.

We have some information about her phone but it depends who you believe:

Friends of Spicher say she was attending a landscaping class at a local nursery when Kyron disappeared and she left her cell phone off.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoid=17453@koin.web.entriq.net

In this video the reporter says her friends are saying she forgot her cell phone.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/02/earlyshow/main6736423.shtml

So DeDe was 'gone' for 3 consecutive hours that day? How does that correspond to Terri's timeline? SHe went to the second grocery store by that time IIRC. Kyron was marked absent by 10 am. WTH is going on. DeDe looks pretty implicated now. JMO

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so please excuse me if someone has said this already. I heard that DeDe said she left her phone at home that day, and that is the reason she didn't answer calls. Also, as far as I know, no one saw her leave that day, witnesses said her car never left. Put these "facts" all together, it appears she really didn't leave that day. Could all these accusations and suspicions only be because someone called her while she was on the 40 acres somewhere and she didn't have her phone with her?

That is a very good thought WG! So maybe mystery person in Terri's truck took Kyron to DeDe while Terri went shopping to get receipt for alibi.

Most likely some dangerous pervert took Kyron and is enjoying the witch hunt they are watching, feeling pretty safe from detection right now. At this rate the real perpetrator will never be caught.

Sounds to me like two people aren't cooperating, and what can LE do if these two women won't cooperate and give straight stories? I'm blaming them for this mess, NOT LE. All they have to do is tell the truth, and they just won't do that. It's not LE's fault that they're dealing with two liars. It makes their work all the much harder because of that. It's hard to verify stories when you can't get straight ones, or you get conflicting ones. I have the feeling that a lot of what can't get verified is because TH and DDS were together with no witnesses but Kyron and baby K. It's hard to get witnesses when there aren't any because these two were off on their own doing God knows what to Kyron. I really hope baby K was sleeping through all of this. Kyron is still missing, and baby K is too young to talk about or understand what happens around her. If only she was old enough to talk - then again, if that were the case, she would be missing too.

Might it be that that both women repeat the same story about what they were doing in that timeline, because it is the truth. DeDe did say she told them the truth but that isn't it what they wanted to hear.

This is probably the wrong place to put this, but not sure where it should go-the threads here have grown like crazy.
It does concern DD's work that day at the property described. Is there anything that points to what landscaping/building/heavy equipment was being utilized that day or in the days prior to Kyrons disappearance?
Does DD own any of her own, or have loans out on anything like that?

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so please excuse me if someone has said this already. I heard that DeDe said she left her phone at home that day, and that is the reason she didn't answer calls. Also, as far as I know, no one saw her leave that day, witnesses said her car never left. Put these "facts" all together, it appears she really didn't leave that day. Could all these accusations and suspicions only be because someone called her while she was on the 40 acres somewhere and she didn't have her phone with her?

BBM. Yes of course. You can see across the net where people are spewing out a plethora of accusations and suspicions based on far, far less, and even on nothing at all. That's entertainment! (for them, not me)

Where's Kyron?

maybe the title of the thread should be changed to Spicher unaccounted for - 3+ hours on the day Kyron vanished

as that is what the witnesses statements really mean. There is no proof positive that she was gone but the witnesses accounts "suggest" she may have been.

maybe the title of the thread should be changed to Spicher unaccounted for - 3+ hours on the day Kyron vanished

as that is what the witnesses statements really mean. There is no proof positive that she was gone but the witnesses accounts "suggest" she may have been.

Yes- and actually- even that is a stretch, correct? Because no one was looking for her where she could not be found for the entire 3 hrs- just several periods during that time window. Or am I misunderstanding?

Was Terri attending a gardening class, volunteering or working at the garden? The previous page has all three and I think it would serve us to know what her role was. At least for continuity sake.

TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59
Back