Spicher was gone 3+ hours on day Kyron vanished

Here we go. Wow. Get out of the tunnel LE and find Kyron.

There has to be a diversion created so that LE CAN back out of the tunnel and save face.

I'm betting if we can think of a way for them to do that, they would do it right now so that their public relations department can actually get some sleep.

The great thing about that is that the property owner does know, and she and the worker who searched for Dede are fully cooperating with investigators.

It's a minor question anyway, but one I'm sure that the WWFS owner has already answered.

You know though, just because the property owner was looking for her doesn't mean she was gone from the property. Anyone who works outside can tell you that missed phone calls are the norm.

I went for a walk last night and had my phone right in my pocket and missed a call, I have no idea how I missed that call maybe when a loud truck went by or who knows. Doesn't mean I'm guilty of anything other than missing a call.

My kids are terrible for this type of thing, I have been right out in the back yard here mowing and those dingus' can't find me, then I come in the house and they say, "Where were you???". Good grief.

And as far as the prepared lunch scenario goes, if prepared lunches were part of the normal daily routine and the workers rounded on up to the lunch house each day, then Dede would have realized that her absence would have been noticed.

I'm not putting much stock in this.

The great thing about that is that the property owner does know, and she and the worker who searched for Dede are fully cooperating with investigators.

It's a minor question anyway, but one I'm sure that the WWFS owner has already answered.
exactly puffy. ITA. LE knows what they know... and what they know we sure as heck don't.

But from the last flyer they put out they are wondering if anyone saw DDS... and they want to hear about it.

So lunch or not. There or not... I think that DDS's latest lamentations to PEOPLE can be classed in with all of the other stuff that we just don't know.

There is a lot of that in this case... stuff we just don't really know. I am praying that LE's list of knowns is long in getting closer to finding Kyron and what happened to him that morning at his school.

ETA: I am sure that LE knows a lot in this case! I am confident in them, the fbi, the DA, and the grand jury

It was a lunch provided for all the workers that day...the day before the gates opened for the tour of the grounds. It's not like lunch was just being informally given to Dede by the property owner. The property owner was providing lunch for all workers that day. Logic=planned.

I hadn't seen that. Could we have the link please?

TIA

Spicher was gardening at a 40-acre property on Old Germantown Road on June 4. Her employer and another worker at the home told authorities that she wasn't there when they called her in for the lunch provided for the workers. Investigators say Spicher, who arrived on the job around 9 a.m., wasn't seen gardening on the property from about 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

LINK

Our nursery is open for viewing very few days each year. For dates, join the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon and find us in their open garden publication. This year, we are part of the Garden Conservancy tour, June 5, 2010.

LINK

For one day, June 5, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., all five gardens will be open to the public for Portland's HPSO Garden Conservancy Tour. Visitors may begin their tours at any of the gardens. The lead garden, WWFS...

LINK

How many workers were there on the farm that day, June 4, 2010?

Here we go. Wow. Get out of the tunnel LE and find Kyron.

Since there is so much more we don't know yet...I'm not sure how LE could be described as being in a tunnel. If after we get all the facts some feel that way, so be it. But I am confident more is coming.....I just wish they'd hurry it up already. :banghead:

Since there is so much more we don't know yet...I'm not sure how LE could be described as being in a tunnel. If after we get all the facts some feel that way, so be it. But I am confident more is coming.....I just wish they'd hurry it up already. :banghead:

(BBM)

You make an excellent point here, if LE cannot be described as being in a tunnel because there is "so much more we don't know" and "after we get all the facts", then surely the public cannot also in that same breath declare Terri Horman to be GUILTY?

That old saying..."You can't have your cake and eat it too."

On another thread (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - DS, TH Unaccounted For At Same Time--KGW) someone mentioned that they have worked in a similar situation, and the practice was for a meal to be prepared at the house, that all the workers would be called in for. Because they mentioned calling Dede in for lunch, it sounds like this situation may have worked that way, too. So either Dede skipped lunch or brought lunch out onto the property with her while she worked. But nowhere have I seen an explanation from her or anyone else about why she didn't show up for lunch that day, or whether it was common practice for her either eat with the others or not. Speculating.

That's exactly how they do it at the farms and vinyards in Central California--a huge lunch is prepared and everyone comes in for lunch.

Maybe she wasn't hungry. Maybe she had a protein bar with her.

The one problem I cannot get past from the others working the farm and their recollections is that not one of them seemed to feel it necessary to go looking for DeDe, since she never answered her phone or came in for lunch. What if a tree had fallen on her? What if some other untoward event had happened to her? Am I to believe that they just allowed one of the workers to be off the grid for over 3 hours (at latest count) with no one determining to make sure she was okay?

I see your point...even more reason for DeDe to make sure her phone was charge and working. :waitasec: safely first and all that

I see your point...even more reason for DeDe to make sure her phone was charge and working. :waitasec: safely first and all that

Not sure that her phone wasn't charged and working. I have no information about that. Simply not answering it isn't indicative of a crime. Much like skipping a meal isn't indicative of a crime.

snip
The person who owns the house, who was cooperating with investigators, told them she called Spicher on her cell phone but she didn't answer, the source told KGW. A person who was working with Spicher, who was also cooperating with investigators, told them of trying to unsuccessfully find Spicher. Both people have told investigators they have no idea where Spicher was during that period.

Well if true one person went looking for DeDe.

That's exactly how they do it at the farms and vinyards in Central California--a huge lunch is prepared and everyone comes in for lunch.

So these big lunches are a common thing. Are they generally served at the same time every day? Or does that vary? Are new workers informed of the lunch beforehand and what time it will be served?

I'm curious why the owner and co-worker were calling Dede, which would indicate that they knew Dede didn't know about the lunch or didn't know what time it was going to be served.

What if someone is on a special diet or is a finicky eater? Would they bring their lunch to the lunch area generally? Or would they just eat alone because it would be seen as rude not to eat what was served?

And what about people who prefer to eat alone, who don't like crowds or whatever? Is it considered rude not to go to the lunches?

Would it be commonplace if someone doesn't show up for the lunch that the owner of the place and/or another worker would go off and search the entire place for them?

One thing you can be sure of...LE has questioned everyone who works regularly on that farm, and there could very well have been people who throughout a typical workday interacted with DS several times, to the point where 3 hours of not seeing her would be weird. And if that's the case, DS's interview with People Mag could hold some serious weight.

A lot obviously depends on what was normal fpr Dede. I would think that if it was usual for her to skip lunch or bring lunch it wouldn't have seemed strange that she didn't show up that day. It does seem odd that she left her phone in the car instead of taking it with her. Was that normal for her? And...did no one ask her about her absence when they saw her again at 1pm? "Hey, where were you earlier? We tried to reach you." And where and under what circumstances did they see her at 1pm. Was she working in the place she was assigned to, or did she finally show up at the house, looking for lunch, or what?

Speculating.

I would like to know why the timeframe for DD being allegedly unaccounted for on the farm was first reported to be from around 11:15 (or 11:30, depending on who you read) to about 1:00, and then later changed from 10:00-ish to about 1:00. For weeks, the first timeframe was what had been reported, then suddenly, it changed - adding an extra hour or so, with no explanation of why it suddenly changed.

As far as I'm concerned, if a *source* of info or a media outlet is going to change info that had previously been reported, there should at least be an explanation as to why it was changed - if for no other reason than for clarity's sake, not to mention for the sake of the credibility of the *source's* info & the media outlet who is reporting the *source's* info.

MOO

I had no idea a huge lunch would be served! I think that's nice. Do they serve it everyday? Is it a requirement to attend? Wouldn't DeDe have known about it and if so, her being absent would be very conspicuous. Do they actually call all the workers on their phone? TIA moo mho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back