CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not clear.

Who is offering a reward?

The police, Fontelle, Bob's family or ...?

I don't know yet, as I stated it is only a possibility at this time.
We've heard about a possible reward for a long time now..
So who knows, this could be more talk the talk and not walk the walk... time will tell.

so your guess is as good as mine....

time will tell.

btw, did you see the replies to your earlier questions?
Don't see you drop in that often but hope you found your answers.
I hope you too are interested in the media campaign for Bobs case.
He needs all the supporters he can get right now.

thanx!

:blowkiss:

:bedtime: I am running on empty til late next week. so will be here sporatically.

BBM
Do you have a link for this because I'm sure we have been told no rumors allowed!

No link, if you have concerns please use the alert button!

as I mentioned, nothing definate. When I find a link with a reward I will be sure to post it!

I wish I could win the lotto!
I would offer a 100,000 for Bob!
He deserves it.

I had the best 'girl talk' with my dad today.
We were calling each other back and forth
joking how my almost 8 yr old is wearing a MENS 8 shoe!
a little big but not so big and my dad is an 8.5 shoe.

Then we chatted about my great aunts and uncles

and my dad and I had like 3 back and forth calls in about 1.5-2 hours.
It was SOOO nice!

I can't wait until my dad bbq's some halibut steaks for us.

I love my dad so much after we about wanted to kill each other
AND my dad whooped my *advertiser censored* with a belt until I was 14.
I used a few sware words and grounded myself and told him where to go.
My dad called CRYING every night for a week and I refused his calls.

Life was not easy then....
BUT we all grow up
We all take responsibility for ourselves
and we all have the choice to forgive or not
we all have the choice to accept responsibility for ourselves -(or not and spend a lifetime finding ways to blame everyone else)
-or- continue to find avenues to blame others.

Bob has an online old Polish/Slovak granddaughter with roots in Berywn, Cicero, Joliet, and the North Side - who is digging her Catholic heels into the ground for this case. And the other side is from Bridgeport - if anyone is watching the news about Mayor Daley.... ETA: son and father, and let's just say, the family roots go so far back, the first mayor daley was still a twinkle in his parents eye...

I am gonna kick some batootie! for Bob!

Did I mention I have pms? (which means please mom stop! ;) )

Did I mention my mothers middle name is Roberta?
She goes by Bobbie...

So Bobbies daughter is gonna rock the house for BOB!

Hoop der it is! :furious: :furious:

BBM
Do you have a link for this because I'm sure we have been told no rumors allowed!

Maybe I should be more clear. This is not an unfound rumor I've made up simply to add to the discussion. It is something I strongly believe is in the works and a very good chance it WILL happen.

Is it really a bad thing I do not yet have a link to substantiate this?
IMO, whatever it took to finally look like there is a 90% chance there WILL be a reward offered that is a good, not good, great thing for Bobs case.

When I have a link that it did in fact happen, I promise I will add it.

In the mean time, let's hope everything comes together and the reward finally happens!

'K

Thanxs.......

Hi everyone,

I had forgotten about the subforum we have available to us in the missing/located discussion forum specifically for timelines and media links only.

I opened a thread for Bobs case where we can work and fine tune the timeline for reference and to keep it from continually being buried in the discussion.

For those of you who have worked the timeline and would like to utilize this thread, please post the timeline and supporting links here:

CA Bob Harrod, July 27 2009 - Orange County - Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thanx!

eta: This subforum is also for media links, so you may add both timeline and media info/links for quicker reference in the above thread.

I've followed Mr. Harrods case from the beginning, I didn't realize that forums like this existed so I googled his name every month or so when there wasn't media coverage any longer. Googling his name led me to discovering forums like this one and I've read this entire thread to date but never have posted.

I don't know anyone who knew Mr. Harrod but he's a bit younger than my Dad and I sure understand some of the descriptions of him by people who knew him. My Dad is 90, we lost my Mom to cancer when he was 75 and none of us kids ever thought he'd marry again. Just like BH, my Dad did meet someone and within a month (or less) she had moved into his home (our family home) and they married five months later. Just as the Harrods, we had a family trust and after my Mom's passing us kids were not allowed to see the trust, my Dad has always been financially *tight* just as RH, in fact my Dad sounds just like RH. *IF* my Dad had disappeared I'm sure there would have been many people pointing the finger at me or my brother as it appears people are doing with RH's daughters - it was because of the way my Dad presented his new 'g/f' to us, his attitude and from day one he told us that she came *before* us.
It is many years later and my relationship with my Dad and wife is great but it took quite a long time for things to start to get better. I did not go to their wedding but I was invited. I did not go because I was sure she was after his money and I refused to partake in what I thought was a fraud wedding on her part. I've been proven to have been wrong and she *takes care of* my Dad better than my brother or I ever could or would have.
My point here is I can understand if there was/is resentment on the daughters side, if they had angry words over the trust the day before he disappeared, I understand that too because I had many angry words with my Dad and *if* he wouldn't have been so darn mean spirited about nearly everything in his life I doubt that the anger would have taken place. We don't know what relationship the daughters had with their Dad. Their wounds were still raw from losing their Mom and on top of that, they've *lost* their Dad and apparently he's probably not coming back.
If I would have had the same situation they had with this hairdresser, I would have called adult protective services too and I probably would have confronted her also - and I wonder about this hairdresser myself.
Maybe Fontelle didn't want to go back to where she lived, I don't know. If her name isn't on the trust then I doubt she stands to financially gain from that. Maybe the house goes to her, I didn't go back on this thread and try to find that. What I *do not like* about her is not allowing the family in so they can get their Mom's possessions and I understand the hurt that has caused. My Dad didn't allow us anything of our Mom's and says "it will be here when I'm dead" - she's been gone 17 years!
I have a good relationship with my Dad now but he was a tough person for his kids to get along with.
I guess I'm saying that on the other forum, maybe the daughters were not bashing their Dad, maybe they were just stating the truth.

I'm not sure what most of that has to do with Bob's disappearance, Raine. I see you saying that you 'wonder about (the) hairdresser', and you suggest that the daughters are justified in insulting Bob. I'm not sure how Fontelle's decision to safeguard Bob's household property has anything to do with Bob's disappearance, but I wonder why the daughters wouldn't have asked their father about those items when he was alive. If their mom's possessions had been bequeathed to them at her death, I would imagine they would have them already. Perhaps they have just been assuming that Bob has been dead for some time? (At least as long as they have been trying to get 'their mom's' possessions from Bob's house?)

I'm not sure what most of that has to do with Bob's disappearance, Raine. I see you saying that you 'wonder about (the) hairdresser', and you suggest that the daughters are justified in insulting Bob. I'm not sure how Fontelle's decision to safeguard Bob's household property has anything to do with Bob's disappearance, but I wonder why the daughters wouldn't have asked their father about those items when he was alive. If their mom's possessions had been bequeathed to them at her death, I would imagine they would have them already. Perhaps they have just been assuming that Bob has been dead for some time? (At least as long as they have been trying to get 'their mom's' possessions from Bob's house?)

It doesn't have anything to do with his disappearance as I'm in no position to try to solve it. Yes, I've wondered about the hairdresser for a long time now and I still do, I believe the PD are keeping info close to the vest and hopefully it will pay off.
I didn't take anything I've read that the daughters said as 'insulting', that's why I tried to describe my Dad who came from the same era and seems to have a like personality, I'm saying that the daughters may have just simply been stating the truth about their Dad's normal disposition.
I don't know what the daughters position with their Dad was regarding their Mom's possessions, in my case and certainly there has to be some other family like mine, my Mom did not bequeath anything to her three kids in the trust or otherwise and we didn't bother her about it because she was so sick (perhaps it was the same in the Harrod family?). If the daughters asked their Dad for their Mom's possessions perhaps he answered them as my Dad answered us. My Dad is a very selfish man (I guess from being an only child), he was when we were kids and he is to this day and I don't know about Mr. Harrod.
In regards to Fontelle still being in the family home (I think) all I'm saying is maybe for she does not want to go home (I forget where she lived), I don't know about 'safeguarding' family property but if the daughters cannot have any of their Mom's things then IMOO, there's a problem.
I guess I'm attempting to say *there are two sides to everything, none of us know personally about their family life (except maybe the neighbor who moved) and there's so much speculation that could be just dead wrong here. Maybe I don't understand these forums since I'm relatively new to them but so many of these comments appear to be out in left field. If this had happened to my family (thank God it did not), lots of these assumptions would be very painful and I would be so angry.
I feel for the entire Harrod family, so much would love to think RH is still alive and I hope that he's found soon so that the family can at least have some peace.
I mean no harm here - just saying there's two sides and most of us don't know this family.

It doesn't have anything to do with his disappearance as I'm in no position to try to solve it. Yes, I've wondered about the hairdresser for a long time now and I still do, I believe the PD are keeping info close to the vest and hopefully it will pay off.
I didn't take anything I've read that the daughters said as 'insulting', that's why I tried to describe my Dad who came from the same era and seems to have a like personality, I'm saying that the daughters may have just simply been stating the truth about their Dad's normal disposition.
I don't know what the daughters position with their Dad was regarding their Mom's possessions, in my case and certainly there has to be some other family like mine, my Mom did not bequeath anything to her three kids in the trust or otherwise and we didn't bother her about it because she was so sick (perhaps it was the same in the Harrod family?). If the daughters asked their Dad for their Mom's possessions perhaps he answered them as my Dad answered us. My Dad is a very selfish man (I guess from being an only child), he was when we were kids and he is to this day and I don't know about Mr. Harrod.
In regards to Fontelle still being in the family home (I think) all I'm saying is maybe for she does not want to go home (I forget where she lived), I don't know about 'safeguarding' family property but if the daughters cannot have any of their Mom's things then IMOO, there's a problem.
I guess I'm attempting to say *there are two sides to everything, none of us know personally about their family life (except maybe the neighbor who moved) and there's so much speculation that could be just dead wrong here. Maybe I don't understand these forums since I'm relatively new to them but so many of these comments appear to be out in left field. If this had happened to my family (thank God it did not), lots of these assumptions would be very painful and I would be so angry.
I feel for the entire Harrod family, so much would love to think RH is still alive and I hope that he's found soon so that the family can at least have some peace.
I mean no harm here - just saying there's two sides and most of us don't know this family.

Welcome to WS Raine.

Before Fontelle married Mr. Harrod she lived in Missouri.

The hairdresser has been cleared by the PPD. I believe she was cleared within a few months of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Did you read the daughter's postings on the IS site before they were deleted? They were/are very disturbing. IMO, there is no excuse for posting what they did on the world-wide web. IMO, it was done so that the public would not care about this missing 81-year-old gentleman.

Here on WS we disuss cases. We discuss the evidence. The daughter's postings are evidence. We speculate on what we think may have happened. We also try to bring awareness to the cases we discuss.

While we may not personally know about the Harrod's family life, we can glean a lot of information about the daughters from their postings.

Welcome to WS Raine!! If you have read the threads, you know that LE has stated that the hairdresser and her husband have no involvement. Period. I for one am thrilled to have the field narrowed and we will be sure not to bring them up because then we might actually be touching on some slander which other posters have expressed some fear of... So they are out of the mix.

I was interested to read of your relationship with your father-it is nice to have perspective. I am unclear of what the relationships were behind closed doors of course in this case because both Bob and his children have their opinions, and Bob cannot represent his unfortunately. All we have is what we can glean directly from the people who knew him, and on this thread we have one verified local player who is CA Exile. He has been open regarding his friendship and what he knew regarding dynamics. I think he has tried to be neutral. The other sources of information come from the daughters themselves and what they have said and implied is both shocking and incredibly sad. I do not know that their postion is undisputed however.

Regarding the disposition of assets-we dont actually know what has or has not been turned over to the daughters and why. Mrs Harrod may have been asked by LE and or legal counsel to keep the contents of the house intact until the investigation is finished. It is a legitimate position and one she should not be taken to task for. IMO.

It is always nice to have fresh eyes and we welcome your participation in the thread!

Welcome to WS Raine1953. I'm bumping an older post where we confirmed the barber/hairdresser and her husband have been officially ruled out for quite some time. This has been known since October of 2009 and confirmed in Feb 2010. Honestly, with as many discrepancies as Bobs daughters have put out with regards to the timeline along with other discrepancies their account of what happened or is currently happening is questionable with regards to accuracy. I'm not ready to say or even believe anyone is holding a persons belongings 'hostage' so to speak. There was well over a year between the time Georgia passed away and Bobs disappearance when they could have received all their mom wished for them to have. We just don't know either way. IMO the bickering the 'gimme gimme - get get it's mine, it's mine' is embarasing to watch. I'm honestly embarrased these three grown woman would allow their community and the WWW to see that side of them. It certainly leads to wondering how much did they want and to what extent would they go to get it? .........

jmo

Cubby

Respectfully, this is the THIRD confirmation (that I am aware of, there may be more) of the hairdresser having a solid alibi. Two media reports - which I will come back and link to- with info from LE stating the hair dresser and her husband have a solid alibi. The information I was given was on HOW LE determined and verified their alibi.

WS has a verification process which Tricia, and now some of us who are moderators have been given permission to 'verify' members ourselves. It is a violation of TOS to disclose a WS members identity. I, as a mod, and having spoken with Tricia regarding this HAVE in fact verified this person as being who they say they are... Any more than that you will have to contact Tricia directly to voice any complaints about her verification process.

Cubby

Here are your media links where LE states the barber and her husband are cleared.

First media link:
dated October 8, 2009
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

Second media link:
Dated February 2, 2010
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4

The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

So we have TWO media reports 4 months apart both stating these people are CLEARED.

Now if someone would like to suggest the police lied to the media I suggest you contact the police investigating this case directly and ask why LE lied to the media. I have no reason to believe the police are being dishonest by stating to the public two people have been ruled out.

MOO

I have to disagree with the statement that the daughters' posts were not insulting.

From the IS board RB stated that " Dad was so overly concerned that he never end up, like our mother did, in hospitals and/or nursing homes. It is a known fact that he had offered "more money than you can imagine" in his desperate quest to buy a "girlfriend" caregiver prior to F's arrival."

and:

"And yet Mom's intimate (family, close family friends, and a few neighbors - small group) memorial at sea, POI unexpectedly/mysteriously appeared and is seen in photos broadly smiling with D and posing hanging on D looking like they were on their honeymoon cruise! Per D, she invited herself! Oh How Sweet of our Father, who was constantly needing to get getting hair cuts, when he was pretty much bald! "

These are VERY insulting comments IMO. There was no reason to post this crap, except to turn public opinion against the recovery of their father, and to gain sympathy for themselves!

Those are still hard for me to read suzyq211. It almost feels like a punch in the gut every time I read such horrible comments....... to speak like that about someone who is missing and was very likely murdered. :cry:

Those are still hard for me to read suzyq211. It almost feels like a punch in the gut every time I read such horrible comments....... to speak like that about someone who is missing and was very likely murdered. :cry:

I know...that's the point, I guess. :-(

I know...that's the point, I guess. :-(

I understand. It is also still hard for me to imagine anyone posting such things about their missing family member unless they knew he wasn't coming back and there would be no chance that missing family member would ever read them. :cry:

I understand. It is also still hard for me to imagine anyone posting such things about their missing family member unless they knew he wasn't coming back and there would be no chance that missing family member would ever read them. :cry:

That is what I thought when I first read the daughter's posts last year.

They knew he was never coming back, so they could post what they wanted knowing their father could never refute it.

<snipped>
They knew he was never coming back, so they could post what they wanted knowing their father could never refute it.

Exactly.

Add in the timing of the disappearance &#8211; when the maid was scheduled to arrive &#8211; and it makes foul play even more improbable. If the hypothetical abductor were to have waited an hour or two more, he could have acted and Bob Harrod wouldn't be missed for a day and a half, Loomis said.

from the following link:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

BBM. I have to disagree. The above bolded scenario would only be probable *if* SIL was aware the maid would be arriving sometime that Monday and *if* Monday was her regular scheduled cleaning day. It is possible Monday was NOT her regular scheduled day to arrive and possible SIL was surprised by her.

Which leads me to wonder about something else... This is speculation, but perhaps the Sunday meeting was NOT heated (as I seem to recall there was discrepency between some family members saying it was heated and others saying it was not heated.) What if the Sunday meeting went well, and Bob agreed to have SIL drop by Monday to finish up the odd jobs.... but the plan to disappear Bob was already in place. IMO it is possible, the plan was to disappear Bob on Monday, when the cleaning lady was scheduled to clean on say Tuesday or even Wednesday. IF the cleaning lady had not surprised SIL then no one would have noticed Bob missing until the cleaning lady could not reach him (might not be unusual or reported to anyone) but more likely until Mrs. Harrod arrived Wednesday. IF so, then the 'cold feet' theory would have likely been much more easily believable because it could have been said Bob 'refused' Mrs. Harrods calls between their last call Sunday night and the time she was scheduled to arrive.

However when the cleaning lady showed up surprising SIL the cold feet thing was kind of put on the kabosh' so another plan had to be made.... Which could account for *some* family members saying the meeting was heated allowing the possibility Bob went to cool off....... Knowing he wasn't coming back, they knew the 'Bob went to cool off" theory wasn't going to hold water for long, hence coming up with the Barber theory - which has been officially ruled out as previously posted.... Resulting in the discrepancies with the time line and other mistruths or red herrings because the original well planned cold feet plan was blown by the cleaning lady showing up... and they had to come up with something quickly, where the 'cold feet' theory could have been much more believable IF not for the cleaning lady showing up and throwing a wrench into a possibly well planned idea which was in the works weeks prior to that Sunday meeting.

Thoughts welcome.

Of course JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members