CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the date the first IS thread for Bob's case was removed from view? And if possible the date the first IS thread was opened?

tia

Well...I thought that would be an easy question to answer, Cubby. I started the first Harrod thread at IS, so I went back to my history.. but poof.. it's all gone... no record of even POSTING on that thread. I know it was very soon after the news broke with the media. Maybe July 31, 2009? Would that be right?

Well...I thought that would be an easy question to answer, Cubby. I started the first Harrod thread at IS, so I went back to my history.. but poof.. it's all gone... no record of even POSTING on that thread. I know it was very soon after the news broke with the media. Maybe July 31, 2009? Would that be right?

That seems about right.

Daughter R joined the forum and started posting on August 2, 2009. Hmmm....That is less than a week after her father went missing.

Does anyone have the date the first IS thread for Bob's case was removed from view? And if possible the date the first IS thread was opened?

tia

I don't know exact date thread was removed, but it was near the end of November 2009. It was mentioned on the page at link below, posts #286 and 288.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87453&page=12

On Feb 2, 2010, the mod at IS posted that the thread was "deleted at family's request, too much personal info & family fights on public forum."

Anyone heard back on their media outreach? I know of two positive responses...I want to complete the phone interviews with them before I post who they are...then we can start keeping track of who we need to get back too!!

Not yet here. I'm so glad there are TWO positive media responses!

:woohoo::Banane44:

Thank you guys for the answers on the questions. I'm asking many because many are coming to mind and I'm trying to see if anything might help.

I'm not ready to post it, but I think there are a lot of underlying family dynamics here which all play a part in this.... However, right now I have too many questions which need to be answered before I can say one way or the other. So I may have many more questions.

thanks.......

Thank you guys for the answers on the questions. I'm asking many because many are coming to mind and I'm trying to see if anything might help.

I'm not ready to post it, but I think there are a lot of underlying family dynamics here which all play a part in this.... However, right now I have too many questions which need to be answered before I can say one way or the other. So I may have many more questions.

thanks.......

Ask away.

From my notes, I have 11/22/09 as the date IS locked the forum and no one could post.

Did they delete it then, or lock it and then delete a few days later?

Rumor has it there might be a reward offered soon.... about 50,000

Hopefully this will happen..... I am waiting to get more info.... but wanted to let you all know while I await for this to come to fruition.

Does anyone else find it unsettling that obvious actions are being taken after comments are made here at WS?

Not long after comments were made about Bob's "status" on one of the social networking sites, changes were made to the account "status."

Now, not long after someone here questioned why no offer of a reward has been made (especially since this was supposedly the basis for gaining control of the trust), we are hearing that there is likely to be a rather large reward offered.

Someone must be either feeling the heat, feeling guilty, trying to cover their tracks, trying to make it appear as though they really do care about Bob, or all of the above.

Frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach that it took comments from absolute total strangers MORE THAN A YEAR AFTER BOB'S DISAPPEARANCE, for a reward to be offered for information on his whereabouts.

The changes to his social networking "status" is just bizarre in and of itself.

ETA: After all of the hullaballou about Bob's money and the trust fund--so much concern over making sure that Fontelle would not be able to lay claim to any of Bob's estate--it seems odd to me that such a large reward would be offered.

Except that: It is a pretty safe thing to do to offer up such a large reward when one KNOWS that it will likely never be paid out.

Hopefully this will happen..... I am waiting to get more info.... but wanted to let you all know while I await for this to come to fruition.

It is not clear.

Who is offering a reward?

The police, Fontelle, Bob's family or ...?

It is not clear.

Who is offering a reward?

The police, Fontelle, Bob's family or ...?

Possibly the daughters, maybe they read our posts? If so, do you think they are using Mr. Harrod's money or their own?

BBM
Do you have a link for this because I'm sure we have been told no rumors allowed!

I don't have the information for that. I just know it was locked on that date.

Thanks. I was re-reading my old emails and the ones that mention the forum being deleted are on Nov. 29. It must have been locked and then deleted.

Does anyone else find it unsettling that obvious actions are being taken after comments are made here at WS?

Not long after comments were made about Bob's "status" on one of the social networking sites, changes were made to the account "status."

Now, not long after someone here questioned why no offer of a reward has been made (especially since this was supposedly the basis for gaining control of the trust), we are hearing that there is likely to be a rather large reward offered.

Someone must be either feeling the heat, feeling guilty, trying to cover their tracks, trying to make it appear as though they really do care about Bob, or all of the above.

Frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach that it took comments from absolute total strangers MORE THAN A YEAR AFTER BOB'S DISAPPEARANCE, for a reward to be offered for information on his whereabouts.

ETA: After all of the hullaballou about Bob's money and the trust fund--so much concern over making sure that Fontelle would not be able to lay claim to any of Bob's estate--it seems odd to me that such a large reward would be offered.

Except that: It is a pretty safe thing to do to offer up such a large reward when one KNOWS that it will likely never be paid out.

Yes, unsettling, bizzare, and also very telling.

BBM~~~ I vote all of the above!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member