CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The posting about the DD changing the sheets is here --

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=4

It would appear that the sheets were changed after the cleaning lady would have left. I don't think that, had the cleaning lady arrived after the murder had been committed (let's say, in the bed), that there would necessarily have been obvious evidence of a crime. (That is not to say that one might not have still thought it prudent to change the sheets in case of non-obvious evidence.)

Notwithstanding:

-- after a 6 month period in which Bob had asked his children to stay away from him,
-- shortly after a heated argument between Bob and his daughters,
-- the day of a visit by a cleaning lady, and
-- Bob being missing,

how could his daughter have thought it important enough to drive all of that way to change Bob's sheets, which should have been changed anyhow? Weren't there more pressing concerns? During the six months that Bob had asked them to keep away, did he still have his daughter drive all that way to change his sheets regularly?

All JMO.

Exactly. It was posted (awkwardly) to explain after-the-fact some actions that were taken. IMO

Her father has been missing for many hours. She calls all the local hospitals and the Coroner’s office. Then she drive 66 miles, 1 hour 23 min (3 hours, 10 min in traffic) to her missing father’s house to “get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife.”

That's a good idea because inquiries for information and control of an estate are two totally different things. A link quoting exactly those words would be acceptable.

There is way too much useless fictionalization and too few true facts to believe the direction of this forum. IMHO

Why don't one of you who are intent on slandering Bob's family members make direct contact with the police to get the whole story, instead of inventing it out of thin air?

No disrespect, ShowMe, but this is a two way street-would you alert the posts you feel to be "useless fictionalization and too few true facts" or share why you know this to be the case?

We have a level playing field here, correct-I mean other than CA Exile, no one on here is a verified case player IIRC. TIA.

Any attorney would be in professional conflict of interest to advise anyone other than their own client. Beneficiaries would not have been clients of Bob's attorney.
Providing copies of reports or documents to beneficiaries in a timely manner is one of the required responsibilities of a trustee. Bob's failure to provide reports for more than a year has no bearing on beneficiary control of assets. It is the trustee's responsibility and obligation to perform this duty.

The link or a posted retraction of the slanderous statement is still expected.
Thank you.

Are we back on this subject because the claim that Mr Harrod would not provide documents is "proof" of his abusiveness? Or is it indicative of his inability to be financially responsible, which led to the two reports of Elder Abuse?

I am really trying to nail down why the thread is heading in this direction when we were motoring along with the requests for national media attention with some success. I welcome others input.

Are we back on this subject because the claim that Mr Harrod would not provide documents is "proof" of his abusiveness? Or is it indicative of his inability to be financially responsible, which led to the two reports of Elder Abuse?

I am really trying to nail down why the thread is heading in this direction when we were motoring along with the requests for national media attention with some success. I welcome others input.

BBM
Thank-you Believe for "Post of the Day"! I stopped posting due to the daily bickering that was going on about trusts, lies, "whodunnits" and it was literally making me sick. I had too much going on in my life and my Xanax prescription was running out quick! When the thread changed to a true investigative tool and different agencies were being contacted I thought "OK" finally we're on the right track and this is how it ought to be done. But, as in the past, we're back to square one. I am really praying that one of the Investigative News Media finds Bob's story worthy of attention and we can find Bob and bring him back home where he belongs.

BBM
Thank-you Believe for "Post of the Day"! I stopped posting due to the daily bickering that was going on about trusts, lies, "whodunnits" and it was literally making me sick. I had too much going on in my life and my Xanax prescription was running out quick! When the thread changed to a true investigative tool and different agencies were being contacted I thought "OK" finally we're on the right track and this is how it ought to be done. But, as in the past, we're back to square one. I am really praying that one of the Investigative News Media finds Bob's story worthy of attention and we can find Bob and bring him back home where he belongs.

I agree with the post of the day. Respectfully, the opinion of one isn't necessarily reflective of 'back to square one'. We've made fantastic strides in the past few weeks regarding Bobs case. Getting his case national media attention from one or more credible news venues such as 48 hours mystery, discovery id - disappeared, and dateline look to be greater and greater possibilities as time progresses. I eagerly await the day one of these shows runs with Bobs story and their investigative reporters can clear up some of the confusion!
We are motoring along with some excellent progress and direction so let's keep going!
Bob deserves no less. We'll get it done!

I agree with the post of the day. Respectfully, the opinion of one isn't necessarily reflective of 'back to square one'. We've made fantastic strides in the past few weeks regarding Bobs case. Getting his case national media attention from one or more credible news venues such as 48 hours mystery, discovery id - disappeared, and dateline look to be greater and greater possibilities as time progresses. I eagerly await the day one of these shows runs with Bobs story and their investigative reporters can clear up some of the confusion!
We are motoring along with some excellent progress and direction so let's keep going!
Bob deserves no less. We'll get it done!

We will get it done! This is a solvable case. Things are coming together!

We will get it done! This is a solvable case. Things are coming together!

Absolutely!!! I was feeling so frustrated a month ago...but I have a good feeling now!! Thumbs up, you guys!!! :)

I wish we had a cheer-leading smiley, lol...I know that everyone is frayed a little...but we can get Mr. Harrod the attention his case deserves, I am convinced of it!

Daughter RB - "She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.
"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

Fontelle -
" According to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate. According to court filings, his daughters estimated Bob had property and savings worth at least $1 million."

"Notes written in Bob Harrod's hand found around the house indicate Bob Harrod intended to put his new wife's name on various accounts, Loomis said."

The difference in the accounts of the Sunday's meeting is important, IMO.

I would like to know if Mr. Harrod mentioned this "meeting" to Fontelle before it took place. I'm wondering if the daughters showed up unannounced that Sunday, in a last ditch attempt to get their father to change his mind about the marriage.

Could Mr. Harrod have told his daughters that not only did he intend to stay married to Fontelle, but he was also going to put her on his accounts?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.htm
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3

Then she drive 66 miles, 1 hour 23 min (3 hours, 10 min in traffic) to her missing father’s house to “get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife.”

I recognize that LE had a puzzling case, and likely lacked obvious physical evidence at Bob's house, but I regret that they allowed family unmonitored access to a potential crime scene so quickly, especially considering that there should have been no reason to (re-)change his sheets and 'get the house ready' after a cleaning lady's visit. Were I in the family's shoes, I might be inclined to want to *stay* at Bob's house until he returned (as I would assume he was missing and would return shortly), but I can't imagine spending all of that time driving down there to do work that I would have expected to already be complete.

Could Mr. Harrod have told his daughters that not only did he intend to stay married to Fontelle, but he was also going to put her on his accounts?

If the purpose of the 'meeting' was just to give out copies of documents, why have a 'meeting' at all? Clearly some sort of debate was intended. But other than requesting copies or administrative things like that, what sort of demands could his daughters legitimately make? This should not have been a negotiation of any part, as it's not like the daughters had anything to offer -- they could only make demands. JMO.

I recognize that LE had a puzzling case, and likely lacked obvious physical evidence at Bob's house, but I regret that they allowed family unmonitored access to a potential crime scene so quickly, especially considering that there should have been no reason to (re-)change his sheets and 'get the house ready' after a cleaning lady's visit. Were I in the family's shoes, I might be inclined to want to *stay* at Bob's house until he returned (as I would assume he was missing and would return shortly), but I can't imagine spending all of that time driving down there to do work that I would have expected to already be complete.

Excellent points. I'd add we do not know if access to the home on Tuesday was authorized or not.

So many questions....... I also find it odd there has never been any mention - that I have seen - of any work Bob had done between July 7 when Fontelle departed and the day Bob went missing. There were 19 days prior to the '11th hour' "odd jobs" needing to be done around Bobs home. I find it highly odd no evidence has surfaced to indicate Bob had planned for SIL to be there Monday. No evidence Bob hadn't planned to have someone else do the repairs... which I find more likely since he had asked for a break appx 6 months earlier. IMO, it was a last minute surprise visit and something went terribly wrong that day.....

Some of it makes about as much sense as polar bears surfing the waves on a So. California beach in the middle of July....

JMO

If the purpose of the 'meeting' was just to give out copies of documents, why have a 'meeting' at all? Clearly some sort of debate was intended. But other than requesting copies or administrative things like that, what sort of demands could his daughters legitimately make? This should not have been a negotiation of any part, as it's not like the daughters had anything to offer -- they could only make demands. JMO.

Exactly, if the will was filed April 1 2008 ( as previously posted ) then why did the beneficiaries not hire their own legal representation much sooner if a year had already gone by?

More polar bears waxing their surf boards on that So. Cal beach in July. ;)

JMO

This is something that has stuck in my craw for a while..

R posted on IS that Fontelle first came to visit on June 23rd, RH called R on June 27th to tell her the first time about Fontelle and that they wanted to get married and hoped the family would be there once they figured out the date etc.,they got married on June 29th without telling either family.
I would love to know what was said in that phonecall, why they ended up getting married without family members present. I have to wonder whether RH's talk of marriage to F was met in an unfavorable manner...?

So Bobs daughters became aware he planned to marry Fontelle on June 27, 2009?

Interesting.....

June 23 - F came to visit Bob for the first time
June 27 - Bob called daughter RB to tell her for the first time about F and that they wanted to get married and hoped the family would be there once they figured out the date
June 29 - Bob and F got married without telling either family
July 2 - Bob told daughter RB on the phone that he and F got married
July 3 - Daughter RB met F for the first time
July 7 - F returned to MO; KTLA interviewed Bob about the reunion with F
July 26 - Bob’s 3 daughters went to his house; the four argued about money, police say; according to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate; daughter RB’s latest account is summarized below
Date? - Bob's daughter JM contacted Orange County Social Services for the 2nd time regarding suspected elder financial abuse

On Aug 11, 2010, daughter RB posted on another forum about the July 26th “family meeting” - summarized below and I‘m including the caps as used:
  • The meeting started at Noon and lasted about 2 hours
  • Bob scheduled the meeting for all of them so he could provide beneficiary copies of reports as required by law
  • They did NOT argue about money and did not discuss money
  • Bob NEVER discussed his financial intentions about F, and they did NOT ask, as it was not their concern. That was NOT what the meeting was about at all
  • Bob got testy because RB pointed out that he had not provided complete sets of documents. He eventually produced most, but not all, of what he was required to.
  • After that, they sat around making small talk and happy talk teasing him about being a newlywed
  • More discussion was devoted to his need to get rid of the barber. They made no secret they thought he was being used and felt duty bound to express that to him
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3

The one I had was that if something happened in the bedroom and it was best to keep the housekeeper out when she was cleaning, something may have been said like, "Oh you can skip cleaning Bob's room today. My wife is going to make it special and get it ready."

Does anyone know when grandson changed his last name to Harrod and did he do so legally? Or perhaps was his last name hyphenated with both of his parents surnames as his legal name from birth?

tia

Does anyone know if there were two or three calls to report suspected elder abuse? I can't recall if there were two calls prior to Bob going missing or two total, one prior and one within days of his disappearance.

tia

Does anyone know if there were two or three calls to report suspected elder abuse? I can't recall if there were two calls prior to Bob going missing or two total, one prior and one within days of his disappearance.

tia

I believe it was two calls. The first months before, and the other right around the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

R posted: "They were again contacted by family before D went missing and an investigator showed up to conduct the second investigation, two days after he went missing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2