Can we tell when RC is lying now? Armchair eye analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....I'm not very good with all this new eye test stuff, but is this saying he's imagining something or what?

EyeTest1.jpg
EyeTest.jpg

Oh Papa! I just ruined my barbeque shrimp and grits dish, sliced my thumb with a paring knife, my ear is stopped up from an ear infection and a fly just fell into my beer glass but you still made me chuckle with your excellent observation skills.:dance:

I agree with your opinion...

my opinion also...that Ron is speaking from script...If that was all Ron was going to say.......BEFORE THE LONG PAUSE....the camera would have panned away or shut off....But I agree....the long pause was intentional...

I noticed his eyes...fluttered..around a bit....during the long pause...He seemed awkward and unsure about his facial expressions..like he was thinking about how he was being perceived..by the camera.. ...his face and eyes kept changing ...and when he began speaking again...he was like when he first began speaking...

and yes....he seemed to be doing a commercial...and not convincing of a genuine...grieving dad...MOO.

BBM: My take on the eye fluttering? He was "fighting back tears" (cough, cough).

IMO, Ronald is experiencing a roxy/oxy high in this video... the long pause is because he can't concentrate... he has to work for a minute to just keep his eyes open... he's in an extremely relaxed state, which is why he comes across almost happy... he feels too good for the subject matter he's supposed to be talking about... I see no true emotion... and any emotion he's pretending to have is just buried underneath his buzz. JMHO.

This is my first post but I've been a die hard reader in the forums for several months now... I've been following this case from day one... the whole thing has boggled my mind!

Hi djdj and WELCOME to Websleuths. azwriter

TN and Crystal's eye movements are nearly identical. Very strange. Something may be happening off to their left because they constantly glance over there. That sniffling of Teresa's, man...there are no tears to accompany it, and definitely no nose drippings which would seem to be nearly uncontrollable with all that sniffing. She never sticks her hand up there to wipe down the drips that can't be sniffed back up (sorry that's gross, but it's true. Y'all know it is.)

The inflection in their voices throughout is one of teary fear for what might be happening, but ....."Teresa, Crystal, thank you for coming on this morning." is hit with a very un-sniffled no teary fear, nothing inflection of "thank you." by both. Like they'd stopped the show. (These are my observations, not facts. Don't get all twisted.)

Ron and Misty's portion of this interview.....Ron is defiant, as is demonstrated from his stance. His responses are reflective of what he's asked and he responds snappishly, arrogantly, as though the reporter is just too stupid for words to have been asking him the questions at all. Once again I'm struck with the thought of why bother giving an interview if this is what he's going to do. Misty.....she bites the inside of her cheeks a couple times. As Ron is talking, her eyes glance away (as in, she goes somewhere in her thoughts). She doesn't nod in affirmation of any of Ron's comments, holds that picture up to hide herself from view. She is, as always, a blank slate.

BBM by me. My sense of this....my STRONG sense....is that Ron is very mad at Misty and she is very, very well aware of it.

Thank you Emeralgem!!! Much Appreciated :)

IMO, Ron is as high as a kite in this video. I think this because of the jaw movements and the sucking lip thing he is doing. Although i thought this would be a good video to use, it really isn't b/c he has a dead stare right into the camera. almost zombie like, IMO.

There is one part when he is thanking everyone in the beginning for their tips, he says don't give up, she is still out there, (if in slow motion) he looks down and to the left while saying "it has been a long time, but she's still out there" the other thing i noticed is this boy hardly blinks his eyes throughout the whole speech. i think i have blinked my own eyes about 30 times while typing this out...lol.

when i first watched this video, i thought the pause in Ron's statements, i thought, well that is odd. Why would they put a video up with such a strange pause? but then i thought maybe it was scripted to be like that? Now, i don't know what to think. (i will think something different everytime i watch it) Maybe he forgot part of the script, b/c right after that he sends a message to HaLeigh and wraps it up.

The whole video seems fake to me. Ron is very unemotional in the video. almost with that smirk, like he is fighting it from coming to surface, to make himself appear to be sad. IDK.

I remember when this video came out, The attorney's were making a big deal about Ron making a statement. I kinda of thought there would have been more to it, but like always Ron keeps it short and sweet.

JMO!

BBM by me. My sense of this....my STRONG sense....is that Ron is very mad at Misty and she is very, very well aware of it.

And my sense (which actually bears little weight in the entirety of this case, I've discovered) is that he's so disgusted with her for being such a simpleton that she will take the heat for what's happened to his child.

Thank you Emeralgem!!! Much Appreciated :)

IMO, Ron is as high as a kite in this video. I think this because of the jaw movements and the sucking lip thing he is doing. Although i thought this would be a good video to use, it really isn't b/c he has a dead stare right into the camera. almost zombie like, IMO.

There is one part when he is thanking everyone in the beginning for their tips, he says don't give up, she is still out there, (if in slow motion) he looks down and to the left while saying "it has been a long time, but she's still out there" the other thing i noticed is this boy hardly blinks his eyes throughout the whole speech. i think i have blinked my own eyes about 30 times while typing this out...lol.

when i first watched this video, i thought the pause in Ron's statements, i thought, well that is odd. Why would they put a video up with such a strange pause? but then i thought maybe it was scripted to be like that? Now, i don't know what to think. (i will think something different everytime i watch it) Maybe he forgot part of the script, b/c right after that he sends a message to HaLeigh and wraps it up.

The whole video seems fake to me. Ron is very unemotional in the video. almost with that smirk, like he is fighting it from coming to surface, to make himself appear to be sad. IDK.

I remember when this video came out, The attorney's were making a big deal about Ron making a statement. I kinda of thought there would have been more to it, but like always Ron keeps it short and sweet.

JMO!

Ron's face is 'wide open' in this video, eyes are glassy. He has that half-open smile which is meant to connote how pleased he is to be able to give this statement to those who have helped. It doesn't reach his voice. It's pasted on, fake, like you say. I liken it to watching Marcel Marceau perform. The face is a mask, the emotions forced through. Ron is more real in the Geraldo video than anywhere else.

Ron's face is 'wide open' in this video, eyes are glassy. He has that half-open smile which is meant to connote how pleased he is to be able to give this statement to those who have helped. It doesn't reach his voice. It's pasted on, fake, like you say. I liken it to watching Marcel Marceau perform. The face is a mask, the emotions forced through. Ron is more real in the Geraldo video than anywhere else.

ITA with your whole statement debs!

I was going to do the Geraldo video, but honestly Ron appears to be intoxicated in that one as well. He is more agressive, but you get a feel for the "real Ron" coming through, IMO. it is hard too see his eyes from the view the camera is taking.

ITA with your whole statement debs!

I was going to do the Geraldo video, but honestly Ron appears to be intoxicated in that one as well. He is more agressive, but you get a feel for the "real Ron" coming through, IMO. it is hard too see his eyes from the view the camera is taking.

I wonder why Ron's attorney would allow his client to make this interview if he was THAT high....Just wait until a better time...

Emeralgem prompted me to look an an old video of RC again - one I haven't viewed in a year, at least. Because I took a seminar in eye communication, I learned that eye movement can tell us something about what a person is thinking.

Bear in mind, this is not an exact science. However, maybe we can get some clues as to when RC is not being truthful since we have more information now that we did when we discussed a previous thread on this topic.

Here's the video: http://www.wftv.com/video/18751402/index.html

Watch his eye movement when asked questions that we now believe were lies. Then watch that same eye movement when being asked questions that we aren't sure of whether he was lying or not.

There are variables to this test so we won't know for absolute certainty, but it is something to think about. Some variables are that maybe he was high during the interview and it is difficult to watch his eyes at times.

Here's a link to reading eye movement that might be helpful: http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

Feel free to add videos and other links about reading eye movement as well.
I just read this whole article, & followed the, 'Detecting Lies', link given in the 1st sentence...very interesting read, if you want to know more about Ron.

I wonder why Ron's attorney would allow his client to make this interview if he was THAT high....Just wait until a better time...

Thank you all for the welcome. I question why Ron's attorney would allow this video to be released to the public as well... perhaps this was the best take?... :waitasec: Who knows?... I've watched it a couple more times and find myself more convinced that he was "high". Even if he wasn't, the way he comes across does not help him. It's very bizarre!... like everything else in this case... it just leads to more questions.

Thank you all for the welcome. I question why Ron's attorney would allow this video to be released to the public as well... perhaps this was the best take?... :waitasec: Who knows?... I've watched it a couple more times and find myself more convinced that he was "high". Even if he wasn't, the way he comes across does not help him. It's very bizarre!... like everything else in this case... it just leads to more questions.

This video shows Ron..less angry, rude, and seemingly wanting to co operate with the investigation...

In Most of his other...scenes being interviewed at other times he appeared to be ...beligerant, and angry...

Perhaps his attorney wanted Ron to come across to the public..as thankful to folks that are looking for Haleigh...

and to be able to appear thankful.....Ron HAS to be high...to do that...

all in my own opinion...

This video shows Ron..less angry, rude, and seemingly wanting to co operate with the investigation...

In Most of his other...scenes being interviewed at other times he appeared to be ...beligerant, and angry...

Perhaps his attorney wanted Ron to come across to the public..as thankful to folks that are looking for Haleigh...

and to be able to appear thankful.....Ron HAS to be high...to do that...

all in my own opinion...

bbm

Ron may have been coached to appear less angry but IMO he just can't hide that snide, arrogant, know-it-all smirk that I would just love to smack right off that [unusual] mug of his! I don't think he could cough up a smidgen of gratitude if his life depended on it. His belligerence is so ingrained, there's just no way he can cover it up. I agree he was probably high and annoyed as hell to have to take time out of his busy drugging and dealing schedule to do the video.

jmo

I'm still trying to get the hang of this eye test business. GGM's right in the middle of her "That's A Crock" defense of Misty:

"I know everybody makes a big deal that she's only 17, and that's true, but she's a lot more mature than a lot of people that I've seen and that I know who are 25 and 30."

http://www.wftv.com/video/18748628/index.html

EyeTest4.jpg
EyeTest5.jpg

Surely this doesn't mean......

~Respectfully Snipped~

Here is a basic eye chart. Remember, this is as though you are facing the person and your viewpoint.

Here's another snip from another site on the topic:

"Think for a second. If you ask your brother if he took out the trash, and he begins to weave an intricate tale, look at his eyes. Are they up and to the left or to the side and left? If so, he is creating the image and might just be lying. If you’re creating an image, you’re making it up on the spot- lying at it’s best. However, if he is looking to the right, he might just be telling the truth.

You can test this out with a friend. Ask him or her the color of socks she is wearing at the moment. He or she would have to remember visually what color, and would look up and to the right. Then ask him or her what he or she is thinking in his or her head right now. Looking down and to the right might be the proper cue. Now ask him or her to make up a new story that he or she created. The eyes should flutter to the mid to upper left ." http://positivelypsychology.com/

Wow!, Just Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member