GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can clear that one up.
Not sure how much detail I can post here, but here goes.

A friend of CR's brother lives diagonally behind the Harriet St house.

respectfully snipped

Thank you so much this does help with one nag i had

I found that I kept a copy of his post on FB (the man who lived diag behind, heard scerams and had his washing machine investigated)

Here it is:

done the most stupid thing last night, that i told myself i would never ever do no matter what, i wish i could take back every last bit because i never meant to do it, im am sooo very sorry for what i have done and caused n it makes me sick even to think of what i did.

Easy to see why the police found it suspicious.

If not ok to post that. let me know.
just my opinion but I would take that off if it was me

The man diag behind who heard the screams posted this on a friend's page, which is still visible, 98/11/10)
no **** ey xxxx, cops n news reporters are all down our st, i can even c the back door of the ppl who lived there.

I found that I kept a copy of his post on FB (the man who lived diag behind, heard scerams and had his washing machine investigated)

Here it is:

done the most stupid thing last night, that i told myself i would never ever do no matter what, i wish i could take back every last bit because i never meant to do it, im am sooo very sorry for what i have done and caused n it makes me sick even to think of what i did.

Easy to see why the police found it suspicious.

If not ok to post that. let me know.

What do you suppose he meant by that status?

I think he meant that he had heard the screams and failed to act.
That this was something he had alwayd said he would never do.
Remember, he posted that AFTER the bodies were discovered the next morning.
FB confirms his partner's name is (Xmas reference).
Phone book shows his address.
Google maps shows his house, and you can actually see the back sliding door of the Harriet St house from the Google Streets photo.

What do you suppose he meant by that status?

I think he ment that he couldnt believe he just ignored/dismissed the cries for help/screams and at some stage in his life he must of thought or said to someone that if ever he heard someone call for help/sound distressed in a home nearby or what ever that he would never just ignore it. But this time he did and he is truely regretful sorry that he did.

Thats my interpretation of it.

I personally feel sorry for him. He said hes having nightmares, cant sleep and is considering moving house :(

Blood DNA was definately found at the scene that belongs to the accused as her had several cuts on both of hands and he one he removed his long sleeves for police had many cuts bording on slashes on both of his arms predominantly below the elbow, with at least 2 of these being significant that they should have received medical attention and stitches had they occurred under other circumstances where there was no necessity to keep the injuries hidden. By the way that the police termed the statement re the DNA evidence they had of an unknown person they made it sound that there was a second DNA sample from another person they had not yet matched with anyone known to them. The accused voluntarily donated his DNA as part of the Police's request for all male youth in the town to come forward and provide a DNA sample to them voluntarily. Also they made it clear that the DNA was from a source unknown to them at that stage, they had at that time had DNA, clothes, shoes and car of the accused in their possession so it would be fair to assume based on the numerous contacts they had had with the accused at that time that it was someone else they were referring to by saying it was a source unknown to them.

just wondering do we know 100% that he has offered an alibi, i have not heard this in any reports only on here?

This was reported in many of the media reports that followed his court appearance the day after his arrest. It was at the Court Appearance that everyone became aware that he was alleging he had an alibi for the first time as the police had released very little information in relation to the 4 hour interview he was given at the Kaunda Police Station.

Did they have formsping accounts? I dont, so can't search. But many teens do very eyeopening from looking at my dd's friends accounts.

Well done to the father. With his lasts few moments of life he was able to inflict enough injury to {mod edit} the alleged suspect which should lead to a life conviction. Without these cuts, there is no real rock solid evidence against him.

Blood DNA was definately found at the scene that belongs to the accused as her had several cuts on both of hands and he one he removed his long sleeves for police had many cuts bording on slashes on both of his arms predominantly below the elbow, with at least 2 of these being significant that they should have received medical attention and stitches had they occurred under other circumstances where there was no necessity to keep the injuries hidden.

Respectfully snipped.

May I ask how you know about the injuries on his arms?

Oh I so agree, some will listen to something or read something and I wonder how they got their conclusion. But even when proven wrong stick to their guns lol

I am not saying he is innocent but nor am I saying he is guilty, because I really have no idea what so ever with what has officially been released to the public from the authorities. But honestly so much of it just doesn't make sense or sit right in my stomach.

Seriously if they had this lad in sights from the get go, my common sense would be that they make him take his top off and check out his arms and hands for wounds? So either they didn't do that or he had nothing that was to any relevance to them, and just common work injuries related to his job type. But I don't know it just doesn't sit right

The police sometimes have very good reasons for not jumping on someone straight away. To show their hand too early so to speak. They do this so the suspect can be put under electronic surveillance as well physical. They think they have some time to go hide, destroy or tamper with evidence, create red herrings etc. When what they are really doing is making the cop's job easier, hopefully by self incrimination. Most would be surprised at how easily covert survellance can be set up. With the right warrant the cops can remotely turn anyone's phone on, to effectively become a recording device in seconds. The phone would be in your possession 100% of the time, but your every move would be tracked via the Cell towers and every word (and other sounds etc) you utter will be recorded. Amazing isn't it.:waitasec:

with at least 2 of these being significant that they should have received medical attention and stitches had they occurred under other circumstances where there was no necessity to keep the injuries hidden

Exactly, if they happened at work, other workers would have seen him get blood over himself, tools, drips on bench/floor etc, seen him go wash up, possibly assist with cleaning the cuts and applying bangages or even advise or take him to get them looked at by a doctor. All work places these days have a first aid kit around somewhere. Even if you were a brave tough type who didnt want to get stiches, you would at least get something to put over the cut/injury.

Going by your description of the cuts, there would have been a considerble amount of blood on his clothes, some drips etc on the workshop floor or what ever. If he got the cuts at work, it would not have gone un-noticed, especially being that he was an apprentice and would have probably had someone keeping a general eye on him most of the time. I am in a similar trade aswell and if someone hurts them self like jamming a finger or getting a cut it doesnt go un- noticed and the hurt person usually will let out a few swear words like oh F%^&.

So in my opinion he did not get the injuries from work.

I reckon the reason this case intrigues so many people is because of three things:

1. Shock that 3 ppl could be murdered in a house in a street where the houses are packed in so closely together, yet nobody noticed much. The guy who heard screams doesn't seem to have heard much, or not enough to alarm him enough to ring the police.

2. Lack of information from the police, which lead to a lot of early speculation. Why, given what we now know of the murder scene, did the police wait 24 hours before annoucing it was a murder investigation? At first I thought they might be considering murder-suicide, but that is not possible with multiple stabbings and no weapon at the scene. It must have been obvious almost immediately that it was a triple murder, and the police even felt the need to justify their delay (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...er-investigation/story-fn3dxity-1225950876336). They said this "It would be irresponsible of me to release to the public that there had been a triple murder in the house if it was later established that was not the case." But I cannot imagine how they thought it might NOT have been murder.

3. The person arrested just seems so unlikely. He does not seem big enough or powerful enough to have committed the crime. He does not seem to fit any recognisable profile of a mass murderer (well, that we know from TV shows, I mean). The Dad looks like a burly bloke and if the accused went to the house planning to kill 3 people, how did he imagine he was going to subdue him? The accused seems to have been very clever in getting away from the scene, cleaning himself up and disposing of the knife, before blending back into the crowd to mourn the deaths and comfort friends. Yet he just doesn't seem like someone cunning enough to do that so convincingly and not arose any suspicion.

Too many oddities in this case and too many unanswered questions.
That is what makes it so morbidly fascinating.

The police sometimes have very good reasons for not jumping on someone straight away. To show their hand too early so to speak. They do this so the suspect can be put under electronic surveillance as well physical. They think they have some time to go hide, destroy or tamper with evidence, create red herrings etc. When what they are really doing is making the cop's job easier, hopefully by self incrimination. Most would be surprised at how easily covert survellance can be set up. With the right warrant the cops can remotely turn anyone's phone on, to effectively become a recording device in seconds. The phone would be in your possession 100% of the time, but your every move would be tracked via the Cell towers and every word (and other sounds etc) you utter will be recorded. Amazing isn't it.:waitasec:

I agree with that but what I don't understand is they could have made it so much easier such as, you give DNA whip of your top yadda yadda, they wouldn't have even had to single him out as they could have made them all do it? I by no means think he is innocent, nor guilty. I honestly have no idea. Time will tell us I guess

I reckon the reason this case intrigues so many people is because of three things:

1. Shock that 3 ppl could be murdered in a house in a street where the houses are packed in so closely together, yet nobody noticed much. The guy who heard screams doesn't seem to have heard much, or not enough to alarm him enough to ring the police.

2. Lack of information from the police, which lead to a lot of early speculation. Why, given what we now know of the murder scene, did the police wait 24 hours before annoucing it was a murder investigation? At first I thought they might be considering murder-suicide, but that is not possible with multiple stabbings and no weapon at the scene. It must have been obvious almost immediately that it was a triple murder, and the police even felt the need to justify their delay (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...er-investigation/story-fn3dxity-1225950876336). They said this "It would be irresponsible of me to release to the public that there had been a triple murder in the house if it was later established that was not the case." But I cannot imagine how they thought it might NOT have been murder.

3. The person arrested just seems so unlikely. He does not seem big enough or powerful enough to have committed the crime. He does not seem to fit any recognisable profile of a mass murderer (well, that we know from TV shows, I mean). The Dad looks like a burly bloke and if the accused went to the house planning to kill 3 people, how did he imagine he was going to subdue him? The accused seems to have been very clever in getting away from the scene, cleaning himself up and disposing of the knife, before blending back into the crowd to mourn the deaths and comfort friends. Yet he just doesn't seem like someone cunning enough to do that so convincingly and not arose any suspicion.

Too many oddities in this case and too many unanswered questions.
That is what makes it so morbidly fascinating.

For me it's because my kids live there so I hope like hell they are on the money with who they arrested, but I will not be naive and hold my faith that they are, my guard is still up so I can keep my kids safe to the best of my ability

Blood DNA was definately found at the scene that belongs to the accused as her had several cuts on both of hands and he one he removed his long sleeves for police had many cuts bording on slashes on both of his arms predominantly below the elbow, with at least 2 of these being significant that they should have received medical attention and stitches had they occurred under other circumstances where there was no necessity to keep the injuries hidden.

sb9257 - can I ask where you found that reported please?
I have not seen it.

Especially the report re the cuts?

Don't get me wrong. I really do hope the police have solved this as quickly as it appears. It is just that I have so many unanswered questions going around in my head about it.

People keep posting about the evidence of cuts on his forearms.

Please, someone, tell me where that has been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member