GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random thoughts...

Reading through all of TS's MS pages, it doesn't seem to me that she was very happy with JE for very long at all...just a few (comparatively) loving comments re: JE. At best, things seem very tumultuous from the start. There's also an odd entry on Oct. 5, something to the effect that 'my kid sold me out! but why not? she gets the best of both worlds'. Then a frowning emoticon. Mood isn't so good either. This man must have been a master manipulator if he stayed even 2 wks, let alone 2 months.

Fake ID's are very easy to obtain. They're all over the web. The very good ones are so close to the real thing, it's scary. Of course, the better they are, the more they cost but, even so, a kid with a parent's credit card could get one easily. Some of them have the billing caveat, "Your credit card bill will show ___ as the vendor" and the ___ has nothing to do with fake ID's. In cities with some size, there's usually someone who makes and sells them out of his/her house. Fees vary. Sometimes a cute girl gets one through, uh...well, barter (so to speak). Areas with substantial illegal communities almost always have them available.

LOTS of kids here have them and they know which clerk knows which kid in which convenience stores so that they don't get caught. Sometimes I get carded buying cigarettes and I'm in my late 50's. A clerk gets popped selling to someone underage and for the next few weeks, everyone gets carded for everything. The kids also use them to get into R-rated movies (kids are supposed to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to see R movies). Some theaters actually check ages for R-movies.

My very first reaction to hearing (from a friend in VA) that this had happened was that they were not headed to NC or FL...that they were headed for Las Vegas...cheap but nice hotels and tons of people 24/7. You do need one ID to get married in LV. I so hope that JE and BS did not get married. OMG. Of course, it wouldn't be legal but still...

I have a paid subscription to Publicdata,com. I can't post links to AMc's offenses listed there...they would require sign in to view. It's not up-to-date and doesn't include lots of things but it still comes in handy now and then. It doesn't include the charges AMc has listed on the Va Courts page but it does include some later charges, none of which is serious except the 'felony elude' charge that was nol prossed. The charges on PD include such things as fishing without a license, dog running at large, dog with no rabies shots, suspended driver's license, etc. It would be interesting to know just what charges the LE was referring to in order to get the search warrant. JE has a charge of 'threatening phone call' in NC, apparently to a wife or ex-wife.

If I had seen my mother killed, I would be hysterical and I mean crazy hysterical. The amount of drugs it would take to calm me down probably would have been the same amount it would take to knock me out. I'm beginning to believe that JE (or whomever) either didn't actually kill TS on the spot (she died due to the injuries sometime later) or he had BS convinced that her mom was only injured and would be OK eventually...after they'd skipped town. BS might have been somewhat drugged in the video clips...tranquilized to keep her calm following her mother's beating.

Withdrawal from meth, even after just a single dose, is followed by exhaustion, depression and lethargy. The longer you stay tweaked out, the more extreme the let-down. If JE stayed tweaked during the drive and even a bit tweaked after they got to SF, his come-down in jail could have easily warranted a stay in the psych unit.

There's a chick named Fokas on FB who, along w/ her husband, is a FB friend w/ AMc. She's thoroughly p*ssed with him on Dec. 4 for choosing to do something with his friends the night before, apparently something sort of spur-of-the-moment. Has the name Fokas come up yet?

Sorry for rambling...this whole thing just troubles me (as it does you all too).

There is a guest** mentioned in the warrant as being at AMc & JM's residence with the initials of TF.....sounding alot like this name. ???

There's also an odd entry on Oct. 5, something to the effect that 'my kid sold me out! but why not? she gets the best of both worlds'. Then a frowning emoticon. Mood isn't so good either.

There's a chick named Fokas on FB who, along w/ her husband, is a FB friend w/ AMc. She's thoroughly p*ssed with him on Dec. 4 for choosing to do something with his friends the night before, apparently something sort of spur-of-the-moment. Has the name Fokas come up yet?

This MS statement by TS disturbed me to. Another cryptic status but "best of both worlds" can mean a lot of things in this case. I shudder to think what?

I saw that update on the Fokas persons page to. She is outright accusing him (you know what you did is not right) of something he did with his friends and the fact he chose them over her. It could be related to this and it might not be.

Also thank you for the comments. It does give us more to think about.

Good. The last place she needs to be right now is online. I hope her father realizes that and keeps her far away from a computer for awhile. But she is a young teenager and we all know she will be back on the internet world in just a matter of time.

Had me thinking of the old Poltergeist movie from 1982. Towards the end of the movie the family goes to stay at a hotel and the father opens the door one more time to push the tv outside the room. (Kinda like throw the computer out the window).

If she was my daughter tough love would be taking over in this and internet access would be monitored as well no social networks at all! I would not be cool I am sure but again love is not always doing the "cool thing" but the "right thing".

This MS statement by TS disturbed me to. Another cryptic status but "best of both worlds" can mean a lot of things in this case. I shudder to think what?

I saw that update on the Fokas persons page to. She is outright accusing him (you know what you did is not right) of something he did with his friends and the fact he chose them over her. It could be related to this and it might not be.

Also thank you for the comments. It does give us more to think about.

He has a record too. Another upstanding citizen
http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Logoff.do

...(snipped)...
There's a chick named *advertiser censored*** on FB who, along w/ her husband, is a FB friend w/ AMc. She's thoroughly p*ssed with him on Dec. 4 for choosing to do something with his friends the night before, apparently something sort of spur-of-the-moment. Has the name *advertiser censored*** come up yet?

Sorry for rambling...this whole thing just troubles me (as it does you all too).

Lysistrata... Good catch! I just looked up his criminal record with Roanoke City from the link provided by duckingoff. I think it all may be starting to come together now. (We could be wrong, which is why I redacted the last name when I quoted you above - we need to be careful not to associate innocent people's names with these cases. You may want to consider changing it in your post.) But something happened on the evening of Dec 3 where this person did something with his friends - I think the word 'needed' by the friends may have been used? Not sure. Hinky meter is going up...

wow! Some major drug charges he has there. Jap was right about this group of people. Seems all of them are into drugs in some way or the other. That major drug bust recently I hope might had contributed to worthwhile tips about this case.

Did some cross checking of friend names on BS and JSE FB pages (before taken down) to friends on AM page. Surprisingly many did not have walls as private. There were several mutual friends and many running in the druggie circle mentioned by Jap. Typed some of those names into the court record search link provided for R. county and ding ding ding ding!!! Lot's of bad cats in town. Glad I don't live there LOL

Had me thinking of the old Poltergeist movie from 1982. Towards the end of the movie the family goes to stay at a hotel and the father opens the door one more time to push the tv outside the room. (Kinda like throw the computer out the window).

If she was my daughter tough love would be taking over in this and internet access would be monitored as well no social networks at all! I would not be cool I am sure but again love is not always doing the "cool thing" but the "right thing".

We're doing our job well when our kids don't like us. Just told both my boys no driving tomorrow to school with the snow in the forcast. Needless to say they don't like me at the moment but will again come dinner time LOL

I wonder if JF and TF are the same person? I tried to google TF and couldn't come up with anything.

We're doing our job well when our kids don't like us. Just told both my boys no driving tomorrow to school with the snow in the forcast. Needless to say they don't like me at the moment but will again come dinner time LOL

hehe, My parents used to tell me "we have only 18 years to get to you" and then you will have the rest of your life. My most favorite from them was "You will do this and like it". I always would get mad at them when I was younger but as I became older I looked back and thanked them! Loved them more for being "tough" on me. Your boys might not like the rules right now but someday they will look back and thank you!

okay - now I'm really confused. I looked up T**** *advertiser censored*** (the guest named in the warrant on page 3). Looked on FB. Found a woman and man together, but the page is private. Is this who you are talking about when you all are referring to "TF"? How are you seeing anything?

yes. You can stay awake up to almost 72 hours before passing out and meth users are drawn to drinking energy drinks and junk food that gives them more energy. scary thought. I am surprised the got there safely.

BTW: I have never taken meth but knew some people who did and became addicted unfortunately. They act very manic and hyper doing repetitive patterns or OBC type of disorder develops.

I've known people to stay up for over a week on meth. 8 days is the longest I know of personally. The users were so high at the end of their tweak, they really had no idea what they were doing. 2-3 days to drive to CA, no sweat.

Users who have been up for long periods can get fixated on the tiniest thing and just go nuts with it. One girl decided to pluck her eyebrows and ended up pulling them all out, along with her eye lashes ...plus little chunks of skin off her whole face. Another decided she needed the $10 she'd loaned some guy months before and drove across a fairly large city, with a gun, and ended up shooting into his house and terrorizing his whole neighborhood. She went to jail but it took 5 cops to subdue her and she was 5' tall, 105 lbs. She was so high, they were afraid to taze her for fear of killing her. her adrenalin level was off the chart.

The longer you stay awake on meth, the crazier you get. Paranoia, anxiety, delusions, obsessive/repetitive behaviors, violence, super-human strength if you need it...it's just amazing. Take one dose...you feel invincible, able to accomplish everything, energy galore, chatty, etc. Coffee X 10, for 8-10 hrs. Stay on it for days and you eventually get totally nuts.

okay - now I'm really confused. I looked up T**** *advertiser censored*** (the guest named in the warrant on page 3). Looked on FB. Found a woman and man together, but the page is private. Is this who you are talking about when you all are referring to "TF"? How are you seeing anything?

AF is dude and JF is chick. U will see on AMs FB friend list. Cant see his wall but u can see her's.

hehe, My parents used to tell me "we have only 18 years to get to you" and then you will have the rest of your life. My most favorite from them was "You will do this and like it". I always would get mad at them when I was younger but as I became older I looked back and thanked them! Loved them more for being "tough" on me. Your boys might not like the rules right now but someday they will look back and thank you!

My youngest daughter was what I called my "wild child" and we would go head to head most days. If I had a dollar for everytime she said I hate you and it is my life I could retire now. I knew she did not mean it but was just being a teen. She was not really wild in the way young girls are now days, but she pushed the limits and is paying for it with the 17 year old son she has now ;-). She grew into a wonderful young woman and has just made her 20 years in the Air Force. Proof that a strong willed parent wins in the end.

I have been thinking about BS changing her name and I agree with the others, it is just a young girl thing. But could TS and JE talked about mariage and BS thinking she would change her name then? I hate to think of this child actually thinking she loved him. I am also curious if her dad ever knew JE lived with them. Some of my friends that have ex-wives/husbands always want to know about the other person in and out of the house and around their children. I just cannot see her dad approving of this arrangement if he knew. He could not really stop TS but he could have made sure his daughter was protected. I just cannot stop thinking about how JE just moved his way in and played them both against each other. I would also like to hear what his ex-wives have to say about him. I lived in North Alabama for 10 years, my girls graduated school there and it is not far from the town he and one of his ex wives lived in. The whole thing just hurts my heart.

Maybe JE was so stoned he has no idea he actually killed TS? That is if he wa into drugs.

I've known people to stay up for over a week on meth. 8 days is the longest I know of personally. The users were so high at the end of their tweak, they really had no idea what they were doing. 2-3 days to drive to CA, no sweat.

Users who have been up for long periods can get fixated on the tiniest thing and just go nuts with it. One girl decided to pluck her eyebrows and ended up pulling them all out, along with her eye lashes ...plus little chunks of skin off her whole face. Another decided she needed the $10 she'd loaned some guy months before and drove across a fairly large city, with a gun, and ended up shooting into his house and terrorizing his whole neighborhood. She went to jail but it took 5 cops to subdue her and she was 5' tall, 105 lbs. She was so high, they were afraid to taze her for fear of killing her. her adrenalin level was off the chart.

The longer you stay awake on meth, the crazier you get. Paranoia, anxiety, delusions, obsessive/repetitive behaviors, violence, super-human strength if you need it...it's just amazing. Take one dose...you feel invincible, able to accomplish everything, energy galore, chatty, etc. Coffee X 10, for 8-10 hrs. Stay on it for days and you eventually get totally nuts.

wow- longer than I thought.
No wonder people addicted to meth do the strangest things.

(We could be wrong, which is why I redacted the last name when I quoted you above - we need to be careful not to associate innocent people's names with these cases. You may want to consider changing it in your post.)

I'd love to edit my original post to remove the full name but don't have an edit button. If anyone else can do it, please do! TIA!

I see that person too and you can see their wall, but there's nothing on it. I don't think that's the person though. It could be, but I think that's the 67 year old person I found doing a pipl search and for some reason, I don't see her being a guest in the home of someone like AMc. She doesn't seem to have any mutual friends of AMc and doesn't seem to have any "shady" people on her friends list.

snipped

I just cannot see her dad approving of this arrangement if he knew. He could not really stop TS but he could have made sure his daughter was protected. I just cannot stop thinking about how JE just moved his way in and played them both against each other.

Could have something to do with what Lysistrata posted in regards to TS MS status on Oct. 5, something to the effect that kid sold her out! but why not? she gets the best of both worlds. Maybe BS let it slip to dad. I hear from divorced friends the term of "best of both" worlds when talking about going between both parents. Just a guess/possiblity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6