NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alanta victims still had clothes on, the latest victims sound like no clothes or personal items found with them. Probable different killers.

I agree with this statement. Different MO.

Just because they were found in ditches? Bodies are put in ditches everywhere.

crymesolver, I almost agree 100%

I say white, 35-50, wouldn't be shocked if married, and I say 5 boroughs resident. I was leaning more toward the white collar hidden 2nd life kinda guy, like pharmaceutical rep, or someone who has a wife and kids who "summer" out in babylon while he weekends out there.... :waitasec:

What do you know about the gambling boat that goes out from Freeport in the summer? I've heard that the "rough trade" frequents it. Hookers, too?

I would think if the burlap bags were used they would be able to figure out what had been in them previously or where they came from.

With craigslist off the market now, I wonder where this guy would be going to hook up, and I would also be looking at guys with previous prostitution arrests.

Also it is hard to believe that the police have not done more with the"john" tha Shannon Gilbert was with last. The one news article said, he said she was there for an hour, while her driver said she was there 3 hours? Something doesn't sound right there, if I am the police and she was at his house last. I would have to get a warrant to search the property, plus she left personal items there, that doesn't sound right. I would love to get his name to do more sleuthing on him.

Here is my early thoughts, I have been close a few times before:

White male, 35-45, single but could very well be divorced, paying child support, has deveoped a hatred for women, but craves sex, obviously some mode of transportation, blue collar worker, construction, factory, loner type, will have some criminal background, prostitution, assault, drugs. I think he will be a Long Island resident, grew up and stayed there. Familiar with the areas where he dumps, fits in there.

A more specific profile of a serial killer has been presented by Apsche (1993) stating that most are white males in their twenties or thirties, who target strangers near their homes or places of work. "According to criminologist Eric Hickey, who has assembled the most extensive database on demography of serial murder states that, 88% of serial killers are male, 85% are Caucasian, and the average age when they claim their first victim is usually around 28.5.

In terms of victim selection, 62% of the killers target strangers exclusively, and another 22% kill at least one stranger. Finally, 71% of the killers operate in a specific location or area, rather than traveling wide distances to commit their crimes"(Apsche, 1993, p.16). Also, the F.B.I claims that to be classified as a serial killer, the person must first complete 3 separate murders, that are spaced by a duration they call "the cooling off period" which can vary from a few days to years. But one thing that very few definitions include is that for a killer to be known as a "serial Killer", they must have a particular method to their killings. For instance, Wayne Gacy, had the trade mark of gagging victims with their own underwear so that they would die in their own vomit.

To discover what makes a serial killer function, it is necessary to look back into their past, particularly their adolescent life. By looking at many and varied cases, it is evident that virtually all serial killers come from dysfunctional backgrounds involving sexual or physical abuse, drugs or alcoholism and their related problems.

Many traits that seem to be universal in all these serial killers, though in varied amounts, include disorganised thinking, bipolar mode disorders, a feeling of resentment towards society brought on by their own failings, sexual frustrations, an inability to be social or socially accepted, over bearing parents and a wild imagination that tends to drag them into a fantasy world. In a chart of serial killer - childhood development characteristics - created by Ressler, Burgers and Douglas (1990), the three most frequently reported behaviors included day dreaming.....

http://www.uplink.com.au/lawlibrary/Documents/Docs/Doc5.html

I wouldn't be surprised if this person is married with children.

IMO

I hope the burlap bags gives LE a lead.

When I think of burlap bags I think of raw oysters. This is the way they come when they are bought by the bushel.

Or maybe feed and seed burlap bags.

So I think this person is most likely a blue collar worker much like Gary Rideway was and probably is married with children and lives a very low key life.

I just used your link to go to the site. The post is still there -- at least I can see it. Not sure if I am allowed to cut and paste it here -- and I don't know how to do a screen capture. Moderators-- please advise.

Link and paraphrase only. No screen shots or cut and paste from MSM article comments.

hth

What do you know about the gambling boat that goes out from Freeport in the summer? I've heard that the "rough trade" frequents it. Hookers, too?

Years ago, it was a clean boat and lately, it has gotten shady. Certainly something to think about for someone to get from Suffolk to Freeport- yes you'd take the ocean parkway in the summer. Good lookin out ;)

I would think if the burlap bags were used they would be able to figure out what had been in them previously or where they came from.

With craigslist off the market now, I wonder where this guy would be going to hook up, and I would also be looking at guys with previous prostitution arrests.

Also it is hard to believe that the police have not done more with the"john" tha Shannon Gilbert was with last. The one news article said, he said she was there for an hour, while her driver said she was there 3 hours? Something doesn't sound right there, if I am the police and she was at his house last. I would have to get a warrant to search the property, plus she left personal items there, that doesn't sound right. I would love to get his name to do more sleuthing on him.

Here is my early thoughts, I have been close a few times before:

White male, 35-45, single but could very well be divorced, paying child support, has deveoped a hatred for women, but craves sex, obviously some mode of transportation, blue collar worker, construction, factory, loner type, will have some criminal background, prostitution, assault, drugs. I think he will be a Long Island resident, grew up and stayed there. Familiar with the areas where he dumps, fits in there.

I will go you one further. The first was an accident, not planned but something that rolled out of control. Someting clicked and made it something he relived for a while in his fantasies. He has developed a sexual component and continues killing for this reason. He cannot function well with or around what he perceives as "regular" females at this point. He cannot interact with them and it is why he selects the victims he does. He chooses victims he knows will have many associates and will be least likely for LE to receive or follow up on missing reports of. He needs the violence and the cruelty now to acheive satisfaction. He will continue.

I agree with this statement. Different MO.

Just because they were found in ditches? Bodies are put in ditches everywhere.

Do we know that LI bodies was found with no clothes? I was thinking that how they might had rule S. Gilbert out. I voting yes same killer IMO:waitasec:

true that bodies are dump in ditches... but not in goup of 4.

Although I think the Alantic City and LI murders are unrelated here is an article that says 2 of the missing women and possible victims looked like 2 of the Alantic City victims...

Feared among the dead in New York are 24 year-old Shannan Gilbert and 22 year-old Megan Waterman, who bear a striking resemblance to two of the Atlantic County victims, Kim Raffo and Molly Dilts. White says it's not enough to connect the cases. "They do look alike, I mean, they really do," he said looking at the pictures, "there is a resemblance and that may mean something, but it's just too early to tell at this time."

http://www.nbc40.net/news/15776/

Do we know that LI bodies was found with no clothes? I was thinking that how they might had rule S. Gilbert out. I voting yes same killer IMO:waitasec:

true that bodies are dump in ditches... but not in goup of 4.

LE has not said anything what was left. But on JVM and NG they showed the skeleton remains and a skull but I could not see anythng else. On the local news it was blocked out. Its the one where you can see the yellow markers placed on the ground. I wish I knew how to do a screen shot.

What really scares me what if it is not Megan or Shannon.

Although I think the Alantic City and LI murders are unrelated here is an article that says 2 of the missing women and possible victims looked like 2 of the Alantic City victims...

Feared among the dead in New York are 24 year-old Shannan Gilbert and 22 year-old Megan Waterman, who bear a striking resemblance to two of the Atlantic County victims, Kim Raffo and Molly Dilts. White says it's not enough to connect the cases. "They do look alike, I mean, they really do," he said looking at the pictures, "there is a resemblance and that may mean something, but it's just too early to tell at this time."

http://www.nbc40.net/news/15776/

Here's Megan Waterman's NAMPN page.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/waterman_megan.html

Shannon Gilbert was at the residence of Joseph Brewer, 8 The Fairway, Oak Beach, on the night she disappeared.

When Suffolk authorities arrived at the scene remains in dispute as police continued their probe of Gilbert's disappearance. Late in the afternoon, police visited the Oak Beach house of Joseph Brewer, who told Newsday he summoned Gilbert for a "date" after contacting her through Craigslist.

While Gilbert's family members await DNA testing of the bones, they say they believe that Suffolk police did not respond quickly to Gilbert's 911 call. Suffolk Dep. Insp. Gerard McCarthy, commanding officer of the Special Services Bureau, said in an interview that the response to the 911 calls was not "immediate." He said Gilbert was "incoherent" and gave a vague location of "near Jones Beach" while talking to 911 dispatchers, making it difficult to get to her quickly. He could not provide the time officers arrived on the scene.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/missing-woman-s-kin-cop-response-not-quick-1.2546076

Brewer told Newsday in an interview Tuesday that he had contacted Gilbert through Craigslist and arranged a date. But after she arrived unexpectedly with a driver and began to act strangely, he told her to leave. He said she then ran down the street and banged on a neighbor's door.

He said he had been interviewed previously by police, had been fully cooperative and that he had taken a lie detector test. He said Gilbert left his home at his insistence and that he had called police. The driver who brought her to the house also has been interviewed by police.

"I didn't do anything. I was totally cooperative," Brewer said. "I have nothing to do with this."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/after-finds-cops-talk-to-oak-beach-man-1.2544876

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP11a0d26eccb24f138d568141860faafb.html

From the Wall Street Journal. More at link

JERSEY CITY, N.J. — The man who drove a missing New Jersey prostitute on the day she disappeared says she was "delirious" and "irrational" when she called 911 from a client's house. Authorities are trying to determine whether Shannon Gilbert is one of four women whose bodies were found dumped on a deserted Long Island beach highway

Police shut down part of Ocean Parkway Thursday morning as officers and canine units massed near the property of an Oak Beach man where police believe a woman who had been hired for sex was last seen. Police said they were planning another search.

Police closed Ocean Parkway west to Tobay Beach and east beyond the Robert Moses causeway. The parkway remained open to local residents. About two dozen Suffolk and State Police cars, including canine units, were in the area.
Crime scene investigators spent Wednesday night and early Thursday scouring Joseph Brewer's property, hauling away a white sport utility vehicle that appeared to have been parked in his driveway. A short time after the truck was taken away at 12:45 a.m., officers said the home was being secured.

more here

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/police-to-launch-new-search-in-bodies-case-1.2546580

Has anyone found a missing persons listing for Shannon/Shannan Gilbert? I can't seem to find her listed anywhere outside of MSM.

Police shut down part of Ocean Parkway Thursday morning as officers and canine units massed near the property of an Oak Beach man where police believe a woman who had been hired for sex was last seen. Police said they were planning another search.

Crime scene investigators spent Wednesday night and early Thursday scouring Joseph Brewer's property, hauling away a white sport utility vehicle that appeared to have been parked in his driveway. A short time after the truck was taken away at 12:45 a.m., officers said the home was being secured.

As the homes belonging to Brewer's neighbors in the gated oceanfront community fell dark Wednesday night, Brewer's home remained lit up, with lights on in the house and the area illuminated by police floodlights.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/police-to-launch-new-search-in-bodies-case-1.2546580

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spunky55