TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty,many people love thier land as much as thier home and thier animals.We would check our own land,but if it was imperative for LE to do so,we would want trained searchers.Searchers can be hurt searching,you never know with volunteers if one of them will come back to sue you.So I imagine this is the case with alot of these elderly homeowners they love thier land.The thought of untrained searchers going through pushing things out of the way,etc is too stressful for them.

BD's phone, SA's laptop, SA's mom's computer, the XBox - these are all things that LE has taken and hasn't given back.

They gave back the car.

Only thing that jumps at me about physically keeping those electronics is that there is physical evidence ON THEM. Ever drop your phone in a puddle? or spilled something on your keyboard? You wipe it off really really well and sometimes you find a drop of water in a "seam" or around the buttons. But physical evidence on a computer tower? Only thing you touch on a tower is the "on" button------hhhmmmmm......... or maybe a side if you are plugging in a USB hub-------hhhmmmmmmm............

My conclusion - yep, LE has "physical" evidence on those items.

Most bank-owned ATMs have a camera. I'm wondering if she WAS at work when that transaction occurred. SA has used her debit card in the past, so he probably has the PIN, and she may not have wanted to admit that she was shortsighted enough not to have changed it after what happened in February. If that is the case, he could have done the ATM transaction and had 30-40 minutes left to get to her work to pick her up. Nancy keeps saying she worked her whole shift.

The affidavits state that both BD and SA made the withdrawals so perhaps they were both seen on camera.

Yes, but she would have to call the number for the automated line and select the option to hear her balance. I don't think she was into checking her balance on a regular basis, just hoping money was there and would come out of the ATM when she needed it. That's how some people "check their balance".

Yes, I agree. Even my daughter, who has an IPhone, often goes by the teller to check her balance because she is terrible about keeping her receipts.

And you have to have your account number on a check or something in order to type it into the phone, and BD might have left her checks at home.

Not everyone is a technocrat. I had to convince my husband that we should start using a debit card at the gas station and he was nervous as a cat about it ~ he's really old fashioned. It took him forever to start paying for stuff online or using online banking, which he loves now, but probably BD doesn't do that either since she didn't have a computer at home.

JMO

in SA's latest 911 call did anyone catch the part when SA talked about the altercation between BD, himself, and BD's brother???

wonder what THAT was about???

If you go to your bank ATM you can easily check your account balance without making a withdrawal. Her explanation makes no sense at all.

What if her bank ATM wasn't in that town? My credit union is 25 minutes away in the next town........I'm not going to drive all that way unless I have to. I'm also not going to risk even more extra fees just to check my balance when I can make a withdraw and see it on there too. Why ring up all those extra fees.......ESPECIALLY when you are low on cash?? Sometimes that extra fee will make it so you are unable to withdraw an extra $10.

If you can grow cotton - then you can grow. And I'm not saying BIG HUGE 100's of plants crops. But just a little patch - fairly close to the house so you can water frequently. It happens a lot more than you think.
Well heck ! Just mail me some seeds !! LOL And the how to manual, and a list of where I can market it !! But seriously as a whole you will find the landowners not wanting the searchers there, because they have searched themselves, have fresh plowed fields, and this is sandy country, a lot of traffic,even foot traffic will emulsify the ground and first wind, you have a sand storm like you cannot imagine. As far as Pasture land, it is Fire and the fences they are worrying about, if you press down barbwire to go over most likely you will get snagged first, but it stretches the fence and then breaks occur, then cows are out, and it becomes a pain. If the searchers would take time the night before and call land owners most will let them go tell them where a gate opening is. Or at least would let a Deputy in there to look and probably furnish them a ATV to boot. Coffee is possible. !! IMO

The police are NOT answering the phone. Billie has called it several times to check and it goes to voicemail. That bothers me a little.

If the physical phone is evidence...fingerprints etc., then no one can touch the phone let alone answer it.

MOO

It is difficult to understand why BD replies to things differently than would be "normal" but if you look at her personality type she is an overview person. She doesn't concentrate on details about everything in life. There are overview people and detail people. Obviously most of us who like to analyze things are detail people. If I speak to someone I'm curious about all the details. I could tell you exactly what was said, what was worn, the weather outside, the time of day etc. I live in details. I know many people who are overview. They don't ask questions, they don't retain details because their mind never focuses on them. They think in a very different way than detail people. So when we analyze BD she is a true overview person. She can't remember most things because she doesn't concentrate on them. Many overview people don't express themselves well, don't give answers to questions without multiple ways of asking. Just think about the people we know and you will be able to put people in either catagory. I don't believe BD did anything to HD nor do I believe she knows what happened. SD is a manipulator that is why he is attracted to BD and he has done many, many things in the relationship that BD would never have noticed. Manipulators walk all over overview people. BD's plea on NG last night about HD calling 911 was an attempt to do what MK wanted her to do. She looked away because she was going to start crying, it was a natural way to shut down for a second to gather herself, so that she could not cry. I don't believe she is guilty at all.

I think you gave hit the nail on the head..at least in my opinion.

I kept waiting for Billie to say something else... to tell Hailey she loved her and missed her and she just seemed to go blank. I was stunned! Can't for the life of me figure out why she wouldn't at least tell her she loves her. Unless she KNOWS that Hailey is out there somewhere hiding and she is angry with her. I would have thought MK would have nudged her a little.
Also can't understand why LE won't give her back her phone. They don't need to keep it this long, they've surely extracted all the data they need from it. Is it so they can monitor the calls? :maddening:

Any time she says more than a few words, Nancy talks over her (I know this is partly due to the 7 second delay). At this point, she makes very short statements, and puts what is most important at the beginning of her sentences. She almost seems to anticipate being interrupted.

The police are NOT answering the phone. Billie has called it several times to check and it goes to voicemail. That bothers me a little.

The police are not answering calls to that number made by Billie herself, nor probably her close friends whose numbers/names they have - "test calls". Doesn't mean they aren't answering other incoming calls and following up pronto, imo.

wait..we have 2 different sets of affidavits? How do I miss this? Why is there 2 and what's the difference between the two?..or do I dare ask?

One for the car and one for the electronics?

And actually, it was three. Billies phone, Shawns phone, and the car. Interesting to me, they published a list of what was retrieved from the car, and it was included in an article stating that because the search was ordered by a warrant, they are REQUIRED to reveal what was found. So cough it up boys... what did you get from the phones?

That also requires minutes if she were paying per minute. Most people I know either go to the atm or go to their account online to check their balance. I know of not one person who calls. Not one. I have never done that. So I wouldn't believe she would either. SHe hits me as an ATM type person. Not that there's a thing wrong with it..that is just the way most people are today with the convenience of debit cards and ATMs.
JMOO

I'm a caller-- good to know what's cleared and such. But Billie doesn't have a land line, and iirc, she has a pay as you go type deal. Verrry expensive to wade through a menu like a bank's.

But on this same subject, as a person who doesn't have a lot of money, I find it hard to believe that Billie didn't know exactly how much money she had at any given moment. A bank balance is not something you just don't know about, there is a lot of strategy to make it on very little. jmo

I think you gave hit the nail on the head..at least in my opinion.
ITA as well redcat... and will up it with my own observation: that BD doesn't have a good command of the english language... so is often misunderstood semantically speaking.

MOO

Isn't that making a big leap, though? People don't want searchers on their land so they must be growing weed? Or maybe they have ten other reasons that are none of our business?
I wasn't trying to make a "leap" anywhere. I was just offering up an opinion of why SOME people wouldn't want anyone on their land searching. That's it - that's all. There could be a whole lot of other reasons - maybe someone has a still (yes they still do that too). Maybe someone put in a trailer for family to live in and its not registered with the county - therefore owing back taxes. Who knows why someone would say no? It was just a thought and my opinion on why I thunk it.

If the physical phone is evidence...fingerprints etc., then no one can touch the phone let alone answer it.

MOO

I think they would have redirected the number to automatically ring on a different phone...

Around here the ATM's all have an option to check your balance. It is free.

With my bank, unless I go to their ATM, I'm generally charged a fee. Unless things have changed, I will admit I haven't checked in over a year because I'm used to the fees LOL!

Are we supposed to believe that not a single person spoke to Hailey on December 27, yet she was perfectly fine up until 3pm? I have never heard of a teenager that did not speak to anyone at all for that length of time.

I do wish all LE agencies would give the speech that they gave in Kayleah Wilson's case, about thinking about anyone who was home for a few days, or anyone who left town suddenly, changed their appearance, QUIT THEIR JOBS, acting strange, etc...just to cover all the bases. I would think a number of people were in town over the holiday week that were not always there-has LE checked?

What if her bank ATM wasn't in that town? My credit union is 25 minutes away in the next town........I'm not going to drive all that way unless I have to. I'm also not going to risk even more extra fees just to check my balance when I can make a withdraw and see it on there too. Why ring up all those extra fees.......ESPECIALLY when you are low on cash?? Sometimes that extra fee will make it so you are unable to withdraw an extra $10.
There is no fee for checking your balance here and before they charge a fee it has to say it and you accept it during the transaction.

Yes, I agree. Even my daughter, who has an IPhone, often goes by the teller to check her balance because she is terrible about keeping her receipts.

And you have to have your account number on a check or something in order to type it into the phone, and BD might have left her checks at home.

My bank's system allows me to use my debit card number. Not saying this is the case for everyone, though.

Not everyone is a technocrat. I had to convince my husband that we should start using a debit card at the gas station and he was nervous as a cat about it ~ he's really old fashioned. It took him forever to start paying for stuff online or using online banking, which he loves now, but probably BD doesn't do that either since she didn't have a computer at home.

JMO

What doesn't make sense to me is not that she didn't know how much she had in her account. What doesn't make sense is that she went to two different ATMs to withdraw funds because she claimed not to know how much was in there, something she could have determined at the first ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000