TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Yes even here we are freezing. The wind is blowing really bad and we are even expecting some snow on Thurs/Fri. I had my AC on yesterday! TX weather...u gotta love it!

This is really unusual for you guys. But, I never put my coats or sweaters away cause you never know. Guess it is a good time to be stuck in bed. Did you see the link?

my point is.... billie found it urgent to have fixed per a local somewhere back in this thread that was within days of Haileys disappearance... which tells me it was very recent or she would have handled it prior to hailey disappearing if it happened way before....or put it on the back burner if she didnt mind letting it be....why right then....

I know somebody said the front door did not have a broken window. Was there confirmation that a side or back door was the one with the broken window but not it is fixed???

I still can't help but wonder what the logic was behind not staying put at home and letting LE come to you. I mean IF this situation struck a cord of fear when Billie realized that Hailey was not where she was supposed to be (which it most certainly would with me..just long before Tuesday) and a child has been abducted or missing from the home involuntarily (which it was she said she thought) then LE is coming to your home anyway..so why go there..IDK, I've always found that extremely unusual..MOO

I live outside of 2 small towns. We have to call the sheriff. If I lived in town, I am certain I would go straight to our little police station to make a report.

I don't think it is unusual for a Mom to want her daughter to come home midday after a sleepover. Maybe BD was bothered by the fact (IF true) that she told her BF that she was going instead of getting permission from her Mom. That might have been bugging her, and she wanted exercise some parental authority. Probably not, just a thought. Then when she was told that HD was never there, she should have felt panic, which it seems she did. In a much earlier public appearance, I also thought I heard her say she went to friends houses to look for HD.

and in this latest presser, she stated that they went around to some of her friend's houses before they went to the police station....

Grandmaj, I desperately want a forum for Hailey lol. Could you please review the areas we need to change and improve our behavior in order to get one?

Thanks!
BeanE

The moderators talk quite frequently about this. We would love to provide a forum so that we can split some discussion out to follow a more defined subject..

Some of the areas we need to see improvement in:

Posters continue to talk about other posters and bash each other
Posters bringing rumors to the forum
Posters are not bringing links
Posters talking about minors other than what is in the news
Posters sleuthing non POIs.
Moderation which needs to be covered 24/7

Until we feel that our moderation team doesn't need to be here until 2am or 3am in the morning babysitting the thread, we just can't open a forum with many many threads. The moderation time is increased with many threads.

Also another factor is whether or not we are receiving news or police updates on a regular basis.

I'll say this it is now up to those following this case. We will consider it only when we don't have to spend all of our time chasing TOS violations 24/7.

Thanks for asking BeanE. :) It is really up to everyone here to make it real.

I don't know how many articles there are, but this is the one I was referring to.

While we are on the subject, I wonder what the statement below, copied from the article means.

That there were a number of failed polygraphs was, however, confirmed by a family friend, now staying at the Dunn residence on 1804 Chestnut.

Thank you.

I didn't realize Billie had a friend staying with her.

No big deal.

So far as the friend "confirming" that there were a number of failed polygraphs, I simply don't believe that LE went to this friend and told them that.

There's another article that says family members and friends told the press that 4 people had failed polys, and that Shawn had been cleared.

Friends and family members doing this are no friends - they're negatively impacting Billie's credibility even further. I wonder what the agenda is there.

Huh? I don't get why this is odd, strange, or a "slip." This is the way we talk in Texas. She asked her son to call the friend to see if Hailey was there.
IOW, to find out if Hailey was there.
No offense, but it's pretty plain to me.

No offense taken.

She said to find out if she was there and to tell her to come home. Why would he need to find out if she was there? Where else would she be.

When SA said she went to her friends, she didn't call or text to 'find out if she was there'?

Despite being 'upset that she hadn't been told directly, or left a note' (which was the norm) she didn't call or text before going to bed.

I am familiar with dialects and 'turns of phrase'. And it's okay that we disagree on this point. BD is not a great communicator so I have allowed lots of things to slip by as patterns of speech.

In the words of a famous Sesame Street song, and with regards to the passage I quoted "one of these things is not like the others --- one of these things just doesn't belong"

Again - why would you need to see or find out if she was there? Where else would you expect her to be?

and in this latest presser, she stated that they went around to some of her friend's houses before they went to the police station....

Has she ever said "I went to MB's house to speak with her and her mom" I haven't seen it. Wouldn't it make sense to go there first and find out the scoop from MB about when she last saw or spoke to Hailey? It nags me bigtime.

CG said:
The first time she saw Hailey's mother was on television, ...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Billy's dialect doesn't bother me. I live in Tennessee where we "carry" people to the store. LOL

ETA: I don't understand the big deal about "house" and "home." She's talking about her possessions. Home is more a state of mind. JMO Sometimes the words are used interchangeably in English anyway depending on the context.

Of course alot of Texans have Tennessee ancestry as people moved west, so the speech patterns are related. The South is a big place and there are millions who express themselves this way, so it's really not such a big deal.

What bothers me is the confusion over small details. The timeline seems to keep changing, and I was hoping for more clarity yesterday. It's causing unecessary confusion.

So why would he need to go in early that day, if all he planned to do was clean out his locker?

usually when you quit a job, you clean out your locker, sig paers and leave that day..........SA doesn't make any sense to me.........going back.........
and his employer did't know he quit? did his co-workers know?
In 1 breath, BD says she knew and in another she foud out WED.
Which is it BD?

Yllek, I agree, great post about LE (not quoting to save space). I would imagine that BD is upset that LE doesn't consider the sitings of Hailey as being credible. They seem to have narrowed their scope to the one suspect they have named. To Billie, the sitings could possibly mean Hailey is still alive and I'm sure she is holding onto that hope.

I also imagine that LE has their reasons for narrowing their scope. I just wish we knew whether they have 100% discredited the sitings or whether they just can't corroborate them.

I didn't realize Billie had a friend staying with her.

No big deal.

So far as the friend "confirming" that there were a number of failed polygraphs, I simply don't believe that LE went to this friend and told them that.

There's another article that says family members and friends told the press that 4 people had failed polys, and that Shawn had been cleared.

Friends and family members doing this are no friends - they're negatively impacting Billie's credibility even further. I wonder what the agenda is there.

So is this what we are supposed to consider MSM and are able to post? Also anyone know what the object was that was taken from the shed? ty

BBM

There's a lot of people in here on this very thread doing exactly the same thing. I just responded to a post giving my opinion of reasons LE could discount the witness sightings, and it is by far not the first time I've presented my viewpoint on it.

This witness claiming to see Hailey Monday at 8:30pm? MOO, if this were to be true, this could add credence to a runaway theory, which, IMO, gives added hope Hailey is okay and can come home alive and well. I completely understand how the mother of this missing girl could not only grasp at this, but hang on to it for dear life. What motive could this mother have for trying to find ways to make this not true?

IMO, this witness returned a Redbox movie, which means she rented it as well. IMO, it's possible she saw Hailey the day she rented it vs. the day she returned it. When LE says they can't corroborate, I'm thinking up scenarios of why it doesn't add up, because I'm not Hailey's mom.

If the witness has a receipt that says she returned the movie at 8:36 on 12/27, she probably has the one from renting it as well. HYPOTHETICALLY... If she had rented it early in the day, say 10am (on the day she rented it) would that eliminate the possibility of her being confused about whether she was renting or returning at the time she saw Hailey?

From the press conference:

I was kind of upset that Hailey hadn’t called me, and confirmed that Shawn had let me know that she was staying the night with a friend, but I wasn’t worried about her.

Wut? :waitasec: How could Hailey have confirmed what Shawn told Billie? Billie said when Shawn called her, and she asked about the kids, that Shawn told her Hailey had left. Hailey couldn't possibly confirm that Shawn had told her that. But I'll bet she's upset nobody can.

She is saying that she was upset because Hailey had not called to let her know that she told Shawn she was spending the night with a friend. Not that Hailey was confirming Shawn told Billie that... confirming that Hailey had told Shawn that.

Another one of those Texan-speak things.

Billie was noticably nervous yesterday, but I can understand her very well. So can't we just accept what she said and not try to decipher hidden meanings behind everything? I know there might be some inconsistencies on certain details, but if her speech pattern is not exactly perfect.. that doesn't mean she's a liar.

Just a few things......

My huband's big boss flew in from Houston yesterday morning. He was at our home last night and he talked completely educated and normal. No circles or going on and on... nothing like that. SO I don't think this miscommunication stuff has anything to do with whether a person is from TX or not.

Windows.. We live in a town of 30,000 we RARELY lock our doors, or our vehicles. I have 5 boys that are drawn to windows like a moth to a flame LOL We repair about 2 windows a year. some big some little.... They cost anywhere from $35 up to $85 to fix each time. Depending upon if it's a small pane on the door or one of the bedroom windows, thankfully the picture windows in the living room have been left intact (knock on wood). It usually takes our guy 24 hrs to come out to fix them. We use cardboard in the meantime and secure it with duct tape. There has been a couple times we haven't had the money to get them fixed right away... it happens. Maybe the window got fixed because of donation money. I guess for us we have very very low crime even petty crime. So while a broken window causes some eye rolling from me and a "NOT AGAIN" comment..LOL it's not a huge deal.
JMHO on things :)

usually when you quit a job, you clean out your locker, sig paers and leave that day..........SA doesn't make any sense to me.........going back.........
In 1 breath, BD says she knew and in another she foud out WED.
Which is it BD?

I thought she said she knew he wanted to quit, but didn't know he had actually quit that day.

Odd things to say from yesterdays press conference:

"That said, I want to start out by saying that there was no blowout on Christmas. There were no arguments or disagreements. Everyone was getting along fine. Everyone pretty much got exactly what they asked for."

I am a person who has always thought there was something that happened, some kind of incident on the 26th and I never thought it was because somebody didn't like what Santa brought them.

"When my ride didn’t show up, I called her to see what was keeping her. I peeked in at Hailey because I’m used to seeing her asleep on the couch. She wasn’t there. I remembered ‘oh yeah, she’s in her room’. I peeked in and it was dark, but her TV was on, and it definitely pacified me. I didn’t touch her, but I seen my daughter and felt good. I came in the living room to wait on my ride."

This goes along with what BD said on NG, about "easing her mind". Those words were not twisted or edited, it is what she said and I have always thought it to be a red flag.

"I told David to give the phone to Clint. After telling Clint how worried I was, I told him I was going to get a ride home and report Hailey missing to police. I asked him to call the P.D. and let them know that I was coming. He agreed to make the call, but for some reason he never did."

Okay, she gets DD to text MB and then he lets BD know that HD did not spend the night there...and from that she is heading to the police station to make a missing persons report. Things that make me go hmmmm. BD had access to a phone at work. What would you do? Me, I would have called MB's house to speak to MB's mother asap. From there I would be calling other friend's houses. I would be getting frantic, probably mad thinking my daughter had went somewhere else instead of MB's. I wouldn't think that she was a missing person right away.

There's more but I am getting carpel tunnel from this case.

In 1 breath, BD says she knew and in another she foud out WED. Which is it BD?

rbbm

I thought in her presser, she said that she found out he quit, which he knew would make her mad. Sounds to me like he may have been talking about quitting, and she didn't approve...maybe something like this:

SA: I hate my job (boss, co-workers, whatever)...I'm gonna quit
BD: Don't quit until you get another job
SA: But I hate it
BD: If you don't have another job, then I'm not supporting you

obviously this little convo is made up, but it's just a thought...

If the witness has a receipt that says she returned the movie at 8:36 on 12/27, she probably has the one from renting it as well. HYPOTHETICALLY... If she had rented it early in the day, say 10am (on the day she rented it) would that eliminate the possibility of her being confused about whether she was renting or returning at the time she saw Hailey?

If she used a debit card, it would automatically be registered with online banking. So she could print that out to show the times she rented.

So is this what we are supposed to consider MSM and are able to post? Also anyone know what the object was that was taken from the shed? ty

The Colorado City Record has been around since 1905, but you could check with a mod if you're uncomfortable about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member