Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have coastal areas been released or are they trying to hunker down and wait it out? Or were they smart and cancelled school today?

And hey, people with the the kid, get the h3ll out of there. NOW.

Most people in North Coast have headed to higher ground and most schools have been closed.

Reporter just said low tide is 5-6 hours a way. So this low tide right now is part of the tsunami event.

We have closed schools and several evac areas. This is central coast of California beetween LA and San Fran.

SusieQ - what channel are you watching?

It sounds like the whole Pacific Coast is under some kind of threat.

Prayers to all. Anyone have the latest on Hawaii?

Salem

30+ after shocks now reported, some that were over 7.0 magnitude.

People being asked to remember that it is winter, so there is the risk to people that will not have heat, as well as the immediate risks.

Reporter saying that initial quake lasted nearly a minute, if not a little over, with the most violent part lasting about 30 seconds.
They had 15-20 minutes of warning that it was coming, but I don't know if that's the earthquake or the tsunami. Either way, not nearly good enough.

Can someone link over a streaming vid for Coos Bay/Oregon? I can find stuff for other cities, but not that.

Thanks.

Best-
Herding Cats

30 degrees, roughly, in the affected areas of Japan, so hypothermia is a risk to those that have lost their homes, and may have been soaked when the waves came through. CNN talking about how many people are comparing this to the Haiti disaster, but there are differences, mainly the weather, and the nuclear reactor situation.

Salem, I can't get vid there.

But I do have CNN on, somewhere in Oregon...and there are tons of folks (and dogs and kids)...

And I've got the other Portland channel on...

I so hope that this is a "non-event"...

Best-
herding Cats

SusieQ's link is working for me - it is out of the Bay Area - so that's somewhat close :)

Thanks SusieQ!

Salem

The Today Show is covering the tsunami warnings on the west coast right now, for anyone interested.

If everyone could please say a quick prayer for my parents who are on a cruise set to port in San Diego this morning but they can't, so the cruise is going to be in the ocean during the tsunami warning.

My prayers are with all those effected. This is so sad :(

The Today Show is covering the tsunami warnings on the west coast right now, for anyone interested.

If everyone could please say a quick prayer for my parents who are on a cruise set to port in San Diego this morning but they can't, so the cruise is going to be in the ocean during the tsunami warning.

My prayers are with all those effected. This is so sad :(

Consider it done, Kaylynn!!!

Please give us updates.

Hugs, wm

We have closed schools and several evac areas. This is central coast of California beetween LA and San Fran.

SusieQ - what channel are you watching?

It sounds like the whole Pacific Coast is under some kind of threat.

Prayers to all. Anyone have the latest on Hawaii?

Salem

I just heard that there is some sort of "wrap around" affect going on in Hawai,so waves are bigger. Heard Maui had 7 foot waves.

I just heard that there is some sort of "wrap around" affect going on in Hawai,so waves are bigger. Heard Maui had 7 foot waves.

I heard Maui had 7ft waves and Oahu and Kauai had 3ft waves. The latest reports I heard said the "worst is over" for Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug