Do you believe that this case will be solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kyron is found, I believe this case will be solved.

If Kyron is NOT found, I do not believe this case will be solved.

Maybe if some evidence such as Kyron's clothes, the "CSI" shirt he was wearing when he was last seen and photographed, his glasses (oh God -- I don't even like to type this part about his glasses ! ) are found, they may be able to solve this case.

But if no evidence is found... I doubt it.

I believe that LE is :fence: :fence: :fence: and that they need some evidence.

Prayers for Kyron, Desiree, Tony, Kaine and that Kyron may be found soon !!!

TH will be arrested, prosecuted and will spend the rest of her miserable life locked up behind bars. Exactly what she deserves!

I agree...IF Kyron is found and the location matches TH's pings, or someone else's phone they can prove she carried that day...

If he is not found-I am not sure this is a good case for murder without a body...there are too many people out there who want little kids for various reasons and he could be alive. The majority of murder w/o body cases have at least some physical evidence of a crime, even as little as a few drops of blood as in Michele Harris (her husband has now been convicted twice.)

I agree...IF Kyron is found and the location matches TH's pings, or someone else's phone they can prove she carried that day...

If he is not found-I am not sure this is a good case for murder without a body...there are too many people out there who want little kids for various reasons and he could be alive. The majority of murder w/o body cases have at least some physical evidence of a crime, even as little as a few drops of blood as in Michele Harris (her husband has now been convicted twice.)

Venus Stewart was allegedly abducted and murdered by her husband. The case is built heavily on phone pings. There's no DNA evidence. No blood. One fingerprint on a tarp wrapper and a receipt. And video of her husband shopping for said tarp and cell phones. No one knew that the prosecution had all of this stuff (save the receipt) until it was revealed in trial. A jury currently is deciding Doug Stewart's fate. I expect a guilty verdict by early afternoon tomorrow. The case, though circumstantial, was powerful.

There is so much that we don't know in the Kyron case, just like we didn't know in the Stewart case. Whatever LE has in the Kyron case, I bet it's far more than we imagine. That was especially true in the Venus Stewart case. Investigators did a LOT of legwork, and their case came together nicely. We still don't know where Venus is. We don't know where the tarp, shovel, gloves, and such are. But I fully expect Doug Stewart to be convicted tomorrow.

Venus Stewart was allegedly abducted and murdered by her husband. The case is built heavily on phone pings. There's no DNA evidence. No blood. One fingerprint on a tarp wrapper and a receipt. And video of her husband shopping for said tarp and cell phones. No one knew that the prosecution had all of this stuff (save the receipt) until it was revealed in trial. A jury currently is deciding Doug Stewart's fate. I expect a guilty verdict by early afternoon tomorrow. The case, though circumstantial, was powerful.

There is so much that we don't know in the Kyron case, just like we didn't know in the Stewart case. Whatever LE has in the Kyron case, I bet it's far more than we imagine. That was especially true in the Venus Stewart case. Investigators did a LOT of legwork, and their case came together nicely. We still don't know where Venus is. We don't know where the tarp, shovel, gloves, and such are. But I fully expect Doug Stewart to be convicted tomorrow.

Yes yes yes. I'm not aware of Venus' case, but I love that you have an example of how this can go down.

We don't know the half of it. YET.
IMO MOO ETC

I don't see a comparison with the Doug Stewart trial. Le knew right away that a crime had occurred, the footprints, disturbed earth, etc told them that and then they quickly learned about the relationship between Venus and Doug. The receipt was huge, not a small piece of evidence.

I think if MCSO had anything like that TH would be behind bars or facing a jury right now. LE has repeatedly said they don't know what they have here, have never said the word "murder", have said as recently as December they don't know if Kyron is dead or alive. Maybe one day we will see that they have a bunch of evidence, but I don't think they have anything much at all now. DS was charged fairly quickly for a case without a body.

I have faith it will be solved.

Me too Nosysw, I was up off Skyline today teaching piano and looked out the window to such a beautiful peaceful site. I thought about Kyron, wondering where he could be so close by up there.

There has been so much team effort with LE agencies I feel very confident they are on track and will solve the case. I have to trust in them.

If there's no physical evidence of harm and no evidence that he was sent away, I don't think it will be solved until they find Kyron or someone slips and says something, for instance while drunk and talking to or threatening another.

If there's no physical evidence of harm and no evidence that he was sent away, I don't think it will be solved until they find Kyron or someone slips and says something, for instance while drunk and talking to or threatening another.

If Terri gets drunk in a bar and says to someone sitting next to her, "I killed Kyron" and that person goes to LE, could that statement be used against Terri in court? Couldn't the defense argue that she wasn't in the right state of mind and/or that the person she confessed to was intoxicated too?

If Terri gets drunk in a bar and says to someone sitting next to her, "I killed Kyron" and that person goes to LE, could that statement be used against Terri in court? Couldn't the defense argue that she wasn't in the right state of mind and/or that the person she confessed to was intoxicated too?

It could probably be used, if she said it directly to the witness. Defense could then try to refute it. But she couldn't be charged just for that, there would have to be other evidence that supported it.

It could probably be used, if she said it directly to the witness. Defense could then try to refute it. But she couldn't be charged just for that, there would have to be other evidence that supported it.

Hi Clu, I think you're right and the judge would ask the jury to disregard it if it was stated in court.

It has always amazed me how if having heard a statement in court, one can erase it from one's mind !!!

Hi Clu, I think you're right and the judge would ask the jury to disregard it if it was stated in court.

It has always amazed me how if having heard a statement in court, one can erase it from one's mind !!!

:tipsy::tipsy::tipsy:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if an "undercover" LE was sitting next to TH in a bar, with a hidden tape recording rolling, catching every word coming out of TH's mouth !

We can only hope .....

I'm wondering whether they have more on Terri than they are saying, but will not charge her until the last possible moment--because once she is charged, doesn't the clock start ticking on discovery? Maybe LE does not want to turn information over to the defence until they absolutely have to?

I'm wondering whether they have more on Terri than they are saying, but will not charge her until the last possible moment--because once she is charged, doesn't the clock start ticking on discovery? Maybe LE does not want to turn information over to the defence until they absolutely have to?

I don't think they will charge her until they can win a case, so I don't think that the clock means much...once they charge her, they should be ready to go anyway.

Unless Terri's lawyer requests a speedy trial, it will probably be about 2-3 years from arrest to conviction due to this being a high profile case.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if an "undercover" LE was sitting next to TH in a bar, with a hidden tape recording rolling, catching every word coming out of TH's mouth !

Maybe I am crazy but it would seem silly if LE didn't have one person stationed in Roseburg to shadow her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57