Do you believe that this case will be solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am crazy but it would seem silly if LE didn't have one person stationed in Roseburg to shadow her.

:waitasec:

There should be someone doing some "shadowing" in Roseburg ...

LOL ... I would be happy to volunteer -- of course, if no one else is available ... LOL

:great:

What's stopping Terri from fleeing the country?

Well, she probably has no money. Other than that, I guess she could take off. I wonder if LE has put a hold on her passport or ability to get a passport? Can they do that if one is not a named suspect?

Here is my two cents. Yes, I believe this case will be solved. Not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I believe it will. Kyron will not become a cold case because he mother and many like me, won't let it.

What's stopping Terri from fleeing the country?

If she has a valid passport, then all she'd need to do would be scare up the money.

Does anyone have evidence that she has a valid passport? I know she and KH went to Hawaii for their wedding/honeymoon but that's part of the US, so no passport needed. I haven't read any indications that they ever planned any trips to other countries, so I think it's possible she doesn't have a passport.

Only about 1 in 3 US citizens have passports, so that's not at all uncommon. Amazing but that's the way it is.

I assume that if she applies for a passport, the local police will be notified.

She could possibly drive into Canada but I assume that there's a covert GPS locator on any vehicle she might have access to.

Most of all, I think, would be lack of familiarity and a resulting lack of confidence. I can't recall ever reading that she's been out of the country.

Here is my two cents. Yes, I believe this case will be solved. Not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I believe it will. Kyron will not become a cold case because he mother and many like me, won't let it.

But just think about JonBenet, The Black Dahlia, Jack the Ripper, Zodiac....all cases where a lot of people want answers and justice but it hasn't happened and probably never will. Unfortunately, a lot of cases go unsolved, even high profile ones.

I do believe this case will be solved. There have been many cases that LE knew who they were going after, but it took years to an arrest. One such case was 9 yr old Sharra Ferger of Pasco county FL. There were two men that raped and stabbed her 46 times and even bit her repeatedly, one man was her uncle. In the beginning of the case, they arrested the wrong man, her neighbor and they thought they had the right guy. But DNA proved it wasn't him, even though they were sure. The case took years to get to court after the arrest of Gary Steven Cannon and GAry Elishi Cochan, Sharra's uncle. They arrested them on different charges and had them in jail for other crimes before they were accused of the murder, but in the end, they got LWOP. If you think of reading about it, be warned it is very disturbing and gruesome. I was angry all night about this little girl and what they did to her.

LE has to go slow, get everything just right, she isn't going anywhere. They may have told her she is not to leave town, they can do that. She knows it is only a matter of time. It may take more time than we want, but in God's time, it is the right time and it will happen. Keep praying for Justice for Kyron.

If she has a valid passport, then all she'd need to do would be scare up the money.

Does anyone have evidence that she has a valid passport? I know she and KH went to Hawaii for their wedding/honeymoon but that's part of the US, so no passport needed. I haven't read any indications that they ever planned any trips to other countries, so I think it's possible she doesn't have a passport.

Only about 1 in 3 US citizens have passports, so that's not at all uncommon. Amazing but that's the way it is.

She could possibly drive into Canada but I assume that there's a covert GPS locator on any vehicle she might have access to.

Most of all, I think, would be lack of familiarity and a resulting lack of confidence. I can't recall ever reading that she's been out of the country.

Didn't the Horman family travel to Israel? I thought I had read that. So yes, they would all have passports.

Unfortunately, cases are not solved based on the number of people wishing for justice, or on the level of despicableness of the suspect (probably not a word...). Lots of cases end up in limbo, with the prime suspect out there for all to see (Josh Powell, just to name one) but nothing critical enough to be able to take them to trial and put them away for the crime. (Hasanni Campbell, Haleigh Cummings, etc...)

We will just have to wait and see with Kyron's case. LE has to determine what exactly they believe happened first (is he actually deceased?) And then go from there. For some reason, they are not ready to say the word "murder" as yet, after all this time. I know they probably do not have much hope he is alive, but they do need at least some proof he is dead, to proceed with a murder charge. Unable to be found is not really enough. Maybe they will come across an actual plan or plot, if indeed they are inspecting encrypted portions of computers, etc. although to date, they evidently have not revealed enough to bring charges.

Experts say no body murder cases are among the most difficult to prove.
Before convincing a jury the defendant is guilty, prosecutors must prove the missing person is dead and died as a result of a crime.
If they fail the defendant walks free and they cannot return for a second try if a body is found.
IMO the evidence that's lacking is a witness that saw Terri drive away with Kyron and of course the body.
There is no statute of limitation on murder, why would LE arrest Terri at this time, they have all the time they need.
If it takes one year or ten years, I think this case will be solved.

Experts say no body murder cases are among the most difficult to prove.
Before convincing a jury the defendant is guilty, prosecutors must prove the missing person is dead and died as a result of a crime.
If they fail the defendant walks free and they cannot return for a second try if a body is found.
IMO the evidence that's lacking is a witness that saw Terri drive away with Kyron and of course the body.
There is no statute of limitation on murder, why would LE arrest Terri at this time, they have all the time they need.
If it takes one year or ten years, I think this case will be solved.

:yourock: Thank you for expressing my feelings at this point!

IMO, at this point, if it's solved, solved means someone not in LE randomly finding a body. It's a painful thought, but signs are not encouraging.

She could possibly drive into Canada but I assume that there's a covert GPS locator on any vehicle she might have access to.Most of all, I think, would be lack of familiarity and a resulting lack of confidence. I can't recall ever reading that she's been out of the country.

Bolded by me....I live in a border city to Canada and a passport is now required to drive in or at least an enhanced DL..its a law thru US Customs so I assume it would apply out west as well

What about the US-Canada border in Idaho, Montana, or even western Washington State? It's very rural out there so are there parts where someone could just drive across?

What about the US-Canada border in Idaho, Montana, or even western Washington State? It's very rural out there so are there parts where someone could just drive across?

My daughter lives in Montana. There are checkgates at every road that goes into Canada. They check your ID. And even if she did go there, where would she live? Could her parents support her indefinitely? I doubt it. I don't think it is as easy to run off to Canada as it was in the Viet Nam era.

Sneaking over doesn't make it a legal entry. What good would it do her?

The last I heard, people can cross into Canada from WA state without much hassel, but it's getting back into the US that requires a passport or enhanced DL. About a year ago a couple in my circle went to Vancouver BC for the weekend. When they tried to come back into the US, the wife discovered she did not have her passport with her. They had a terrible time getting back into this country.

Why does anyone think TH is going to make a break for the border?

Why does anyone think TH is going to make a break for the border?

I'm not sure that anyone really thinks that she is ... but with not much going on in the case, it's a part of trying to look at all the things that could possibly happen from here.

Despite all the little glimmers of Terri going on her merry way (handing out Halloween candy, going to bars), her life is pretty much in stalemate, and I think it will be until there is movement in Kyron's case. She's got a lot of money tied up in lawyers, which doesn't leave much to live on. She's living at home with her parents ... and that's rarely a comfortable situation for any adult. There's enough ongoing publicity about her, pretty much negative, that makes it unlikely she'll be hired for a job. And by now she must surely understand that she, her friends, and any men she gets involved with are being watched. It doesn't sound like a very enviable life to me!

As long as matters stay locked in this pattern, how can she start anew? One way might possibly be to slip away to another country--if she could swing it. But I for one doubt that she can. And I think that Desiree's team will keep tabs on her and make sure that Kyron's case becomes known anywhere in the world where she might try to relocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member