April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is misinformation in google earth on this. Hence the reason the search could not be recreated and the images not introduced in court.

You are BOTH right, but with regards to this case, it couldn't be used. The detective stated it could not be reproduced accurately.

Without getting technical, Google Maps is already delayed (not an active aerial shot) by the time it gets online, but not by any known formula, rather by availability.

Google may be in the mix (based on the search warrants) as a witness, but I honestly think DD will pretty much wrap it up.

I did note some double-dating, but here we are talking years difference.

But again, it doesn't make much difference. It was already there and BC chose that spot for Nancy. Google Maps helped.

So ya think he wore his yellow sneaks down there to scope it out while Nancy was on vacation?

I thought he was innocent until the google map testimony with the Fielding Drive zoom. If defense can't show that the time/date stamp could have been off, or some other logical explanation for it, he is guilty, IMO.

~~snipped

Great post sunshine!!!!

:saythat:

I take the meaning of opportunity as "did the defendant have proximity and was he alone with the victim in order to commit this crime." And the answer to that is yes he did. From the time that Nancy got home somewhere around 12:15am - 12:30am until 7am the next morning, the defendant had the opportunity and proximity to do something to her. So motive, means, and opportunity were all established.

Madeleine,

You are correct in your definition of opportunity. However, it has not yet been established conclusively by evidence that the crime occurred before 7 AM......That is the rub ....

The medical forensics and the forensic bug guy posit that death occurred between 1 AM and 11 AM on the day in question. SO BC had the opportunity before 7 AM, and zilch opportunity after 7 AM.

The 6:40 phone call is a "reasonable doubt" hurtle that the Pros have not yet overcome by direct evidence. IE they have not yet proved the call was spoofed. It could have, may have, might have, is not good enough, IMHO

Also the Pros has to explain a crime of murder, without a crime scene, and without proof of a body being transported in one of the two vehicles available to BC. If he did it, he should get a gold medal for cleaning up crime scenes. He could be a real resource to other dirtbags in the big house.

In any event those are two big hurtles that the jury either has to ignore, or give more credence to other elements like the google search.

Make no mistake about it, so far this case is not a slam dunk for the state.

BC has either gotten very lucky (with stuff that tends to mitigate his guilt), or very unlucky (cause if he's innocent he sure painted himself into a corner with the custody deposition and his own stupid statements/actions).

Just IMHO

Dont know what a "Google Witness' could do for Brad..Since none of us were privy to the actual testimony and evidence shown to the jury ( only twitter acct) not to mention to those WebSleuther who happen to attend,,There was some closeup shots of that area..I really dont care what anyone can google now given the Zip Code..but what Brad found when he DID HIS SEARCH is what is important..NO?

Brad apparantly, as SMART as he was forgot a few things..and didnt KNOW there were others that could scope out what he did..and unfortunately for Brad this Huge Search by Brad (July 11th) was exposed..most of the other stuff somehow he muddied or deleted/wiped..Soooo Sad Brad...Too Bad Brad..You got found out...:great:

Sorry, I always believed he did this..and thought mayyyybee it was a "Crime of Passion"..but after this litle tid bit...NOPE!! He knew exactly what his end plan was..and that was to make Nancy GO AWAY Forever :loser:

The medical forensics and the forensic bug guy posit that death occurred between 1 AM and 11 AM on the day in question. SO BC had the opportunity before 7 AM, and zilch opportunity after 7 AM.
How do we know that he had no opportunity after 7am?

Madeleine,

You are correct in your definition of opportunity. However, it has not yet been established conclusively by evidence that the crime occurred before 7 AM......That is the rub ....

The 6:40 phone call is a "reasonable doubt" hurtle that the Pros have not yet overcome by direct evidence. IE they have not yet proved the call was spoofed. It could have, may have, might have, is not good enough, IMHO

Also the Pros has to explain a crime of murder, without a crime scene, and without proof of a body being transported in one of the two vehicles available to BC. If he did it, he should get a gold medal for cleaning up crime scenes. He could be a real resource to other dirtbags in the big house.

In any event those are two big hurtles that the jury either has to ignore, or give more credence to other elements like the google search.

Make no mistake about, so far this case is not a slam dunk for the state.

BC has either gotten very lucky (with stuff that tends to mitigate his guilt), or very unlucky (cause if he's innocent he sure painted himself into a corner with the custody deposition and his own stupid statements/actions).

Just IMHO

Brad Cooper had opportunity to Kill Nancy from 12AM 7/12 until 1PM 7/12

Proving BC had the means and opportunity to spoof the 6:40 call is "not good enough"? Maybe for you, but not me and I feel quite sure the jury too. For me, the other overwhelming CE makes CPD's explanation quite acceptable.

SleuthSayer,

We don't. However, the prosecution entire case is built around NC being dead and dumped BEFORE 6:40 AM. If they cannot prove to the jury it was done before that time, then their case falls apart.

I really hate to suggest this..BUT JA called Brad around 9AM to inquire about Nancy..and he had 2 small fry's ( sorry kids :-(..) but there would be NO way for Brad to move a dead body with those kiddies..No Way JOSE... So given all the cleaning done by Brad with Kids in tow..and later looking for Nancy ( fitness Center)..and the Bug Expert who gives a timeline of between midnight thru...I just dont believe for one minute he did this AFTER 7AM July 12th 2008......Brad was up ALL NIGHT cleaning up and dumping..and (IMO drugged kids to sleep) those kids never heard a thing!!!!

I got the impression Brad appeared in a hurry while at HT (esp 2nd trip)..and NOW I believe it was because he KNEW his kids were at home alone and could wake u at anytime!! JMO of course :)

SleuthSayer,

We don't. However, the prosecution entire case is built around NC being dead and dumped BEFORE 6:40 AM. If they cannot prove to the jury it was done before that time, then their case falls apart.
OK, I haven't followed as closely as others, but from what I have read here, they haven't really shown anything that offers any real evidence of when she was killed other than within a 24 hour window.

Dont know what a "Google Witness' could do for Brad..Since none of us were privy to the actual testimony and evidence shown to the jury ( only twitter acct) not to mention to those WebSleuther who happen to attend,,There was some closeup shots of that area..I really dont care what anyone can google now given the Zip Code..but what Brad found when he DID HIS SEARCH is what is important..NO?

Brad apparantly, as SMART as he was forgot a few things..and didnt KNOW there were others that could scope out what he did..and unfortunately for Brad this Huge Search by Brad (July 11th) was exposed..most of the other stuff somehow he muddied or deleted/wiped..Soooo Sad Brad...Too Bad Brad..You got found out...:great:

Sorry, I always believed he did this..and thought mayyyybee it was a "Crime of Passion"..but after this litle tid bit...NOPE!! He knew exactly what his end plan was..and that was to make Nancy GO AWAY Forever :loser:

Well, if he did the search and zoomed in on that road AFTER she was found and Google can confirm that, that changes everything. I will be very interested in hearing whatever defense has to counter this search because it is the biggest part of this case (and the only thing they were barred from viewing).

Brad Cooper had opportunity to Kill Nancy from 12AM 7/12 until 1PM 7/12

Proving BC had the means and opportunity to spoof the 6:40 call is "not good enough"? Maybe for you, but not me and I feel quite sure the jury too. For me, the other overwhelming CE makes CPD's explanation quite acceptable.

I'm, so happy for you that the case is over. Perhaps you can suggest a sentence to the judge now, and we can send the jury home.......No need to waste time with a defense. No need to ponder over evidence. Last one out lock the cell door. Thanks

Well, if he did the search and zoomed in on that road AFTER she was found and Google can confirm that, that changes everything. I will be very interested in hearing whatever defense has to counter this search because it is the biggest part of this case (and the only thing they were barred from viewing).

Would indeed be fascinating of Google could determine definitively (and testify) as to what and when was searched. [ Be it on the 11th, or after the 14th... ]. Would be fascinating on a couple of levels actually...

I'm still hung up on TWO detectives stating they know very little about smart phones who described in detail the importance of smart phones and cell phones in probable cause affidavits to WC judges and the fact that they were still looking for evidence (and plainly STATE they have no evidence) in October of 2010, two full years after BC's arrest.

I'm, so happy for you that the case is over. Perhaps you can suggest a sentence to the judge now, and we can send the jury home.......No need to waste time with a defense. No need to ponder over evidence. Last one out lock the cell door. Thanks

The jury wants to go home...did you miss that???

It is really interesting that so many here would have been fine to sentence him with no trial. I really believe that to be the case. I hope they never end up on the other side of things and have no one believing their claims of innocence.

I really hate to suggest this..BUT JA called Brad around 9AM to inquire about Nancy..and he had 2 small fry's ( sorry kids :-(..) but there would be NO way for Brad to move a dead body with those kiddies..No Way JOSE... So given all the cleaning done by Brad with Kids in tow..and later looking for Nancy ( fitness Center)..and the Bug Expert who gives a timeline of between midnight thru...I just dont believe for one minute he did this AFTER 7AM July 12th 2008......Brad was up ALL NIGHT cleaning up and dumping..and (IMO drugged kids to sleep) those kids never heard a thing!!!!

I got the impression Brad appeared in a hurry while at HT (esp 2nd trip)..and NOW I believe it was because he KNEW his kids were at home alone and could wake u at anytime!! JMO of course :)
All of the above assumes that he killed her inside the house, which there is also no evidence of. Maybe he killed her in the garage. Or, maybe she did go running and he chased her down and killed her somewhere away from the house. That would explain how he did some a miraculous job of cleaning up the house. There was nothing to clean up.

The kids were drugged and/or blocked in their room by the TV in the door. If he was the type of person to plan to kill and ultimately kill his wife, I kind of doubt that he would have worried a lot about his kids being home alone.

I'm still hung up on TWO detectives stating they know very little about smart phones who described in detail the importance of smart phones and cell phones in probable cause affidavits to WC judges and the fact that they were still looking for evidence (and plainly STATE they have no evidence) in October of 2010, two full years after BC's arrest.

Detectives know very little about many things they request SW's on.
I agree, I am still perplexed as to the timing of the 10/2010 SW on the Samsung phone.

I did hear that...Considering the tedious prosecution presentation and the sure-to-be accusatory/conspiracy-laden presentation to follow by the defense, I am fairly certain these jurors are not spending their weekends reading here or anywhere else for that matter....:eek:hwow:

That is because the state has bored them to tears with week after week of no evidence, until one piece finally appeared - the Fielding Drive search. They could have easily accomplished what they needed to in 2 weeks. I'm very curious why they brought up so much information that proved absolutely nothing. But they must have felt they needed it. I'm anxious now to hear from the defense and I'm sure the jury is too.

I did hear that...Considering the tedious prosecution presentation and the sure-to-be accusatory/conspiracy-laden presentation to follow by the defense, I am fairly certain these jurors are not spending their weekends reading here or anywhere else for that matter....:eek:hwow:

Howard Kurtz is hard to take at any time. He is just not a likable character.
But now they will likely view him in an even more negative light.
A typical defense attorney that will do anything to get his guilty client off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua